Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #151

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I didn't see that Heather created a thread for the Monday weigh ins. I posted there too.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I added my new highest/current/goal to my signature area. I just didn't have the heart to erase my -206 stat. I WILL get back down there & BELOW!!

I have been re-reading a great book I got about WLS. As long as I don't bug people, I'll post some of the things I read that I know I need to consider... Last night the first one I came to was "Change what food means to you." Of course we know this (I know this), but I have slipped. Food is not comfort. Food is fuel. I admire Heather with this because she often will post that she eats the same thing a lot of the time. That is not a bad idea - when I make "special" foods and big meals food gets too "elevated" to "special" status and I make allowances to eat. I have to stop that!

I went through a McDonald's drive thru today and managed to not get ANYTHING. I stopped eating dinner without cleaning my plate. I drank a BUNCH of water. I am TRYING! My knee is bugging me, so I didn't walk today, but I am walking at least two miles with a friend tomorrow. I can't wait to see the numbers start to go down again. I'm hoping seeing the first few pounds go will make me work even harder to get to my goal.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 01-27-2014 at 05:18 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I added my new highest/current/goal to my signature area. I just didn't have the heart to erase my -206 stat. I WILL get back down there & BELOW!!

I have been re-reading a great book I got about WLS. As long as I don't bug people, I'll post some of the things I read that I know I need to consider... Last night the first one I came to was "Change what food means to you." Of course we know this (I know this), but I have slipped. Food is not comfort. Food is fuel. I admire Heather with this because she often will post that she eats the same thing a lot of the time. That is not a bad idea - when I make "special" foods and big meals food gets too "elevated" to "special" status and I make allowances to eat. I have to stop that!

I went through a McDonald's drive thru today and managed to not get ANYTHING. I stopped eating dinner without cleaning my plate. I drank a BUNCH of water. I am TRYING! My knee is bugging me, so I didn't walk today, but I am walking at least two miles with a friend tomorrow. I can't wait to see the numbers start to go down again. I'm hoping seeing the first few pounds go will make me work even harder to get to my goal.
My favorite Aunt who is naturally thin (she HATES donuts, she says they leave her mouth feeling gross ) pointed out to me when I was a stay at home Mom with little kids and no money and no time to myself, You have no other stress relief than eating. And like you've observed, I think it was my only way of celebrating too. If I am going to keep the weight off in the long haul, I always need to be thinking of ways to pamper, celebrate and relieve stress without turning to food. My Dad who is not naturally thin has managed to keep his weight in the normal range by eating the same breakfast and lunch every.single. day. (with a few variations of course, like going out to lunch after church on Sunday etc.) He has designed his repeating meals for satiety and health. For example, he eats a spinach salad with wild salmon, strawberries and walnuts with rasberry viniger. I saw that Dr. Oz suggests this repititious eating as a maintenence tool. He eats greek yogurt and blueberries every morning. I do think there is something to this technique ~ when I eat the same things during the work week, I tend to do better.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
repititious eating as a maintenence too.
My daily meals lol. Repeat repeat repeat!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #155

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I do that too. But I do think people develop aversion and allergy that way too.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

Allergies? Really? That's really interesting. I know I got totally burned out on mint cookie protein shakes - I didn't have one for about half a year. I am having them once in a while now, however. Now, though, I am only drinking half a shake a day as more of a half breakfast or a snack. They are far from empty calories, but they don't keep me full like they used to. I have stopped buying the Chobani Greek yogurt with the little corner of graham cracker bits and white chocolate chips...just too good and sadly, I found I could eat two of them, one after another, because they aren't too big... No more.

I walked about 2.5 miles today. I also got on the scale this morning and I have lost half a pound since Sunday morning. It seems slow to me, but it really isn't and I was happy to see it. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I do that too. But I do think people develop aversion and allergy that way too.
I go in "chunks". Sometimes I make something on Sunday I make something and I eat it for lunch (the same thing) all week. Then the next week I make something else, and eat that sall week. I hav eaten the same breakfast for about 3 months now, so I think it might be time to switch it up
Jesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:40 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I go in "chunks". Sometimes I make something on Sunday I make something and I eat it for lunch (the same thing) all week. Then the next week I make something else, and eat that sall week. I hav eaten the same breakfast for about 3 months now, so I think it might be time to switch it up
When I was in weight loss mode I ate pretty much the same thing the entire time. I still do but now I add in crap as well. I gained a couple of pounds so I am back to basics. I am cutting out all the garbage and the weight is coming off nicely. It's funny how easily we slip back to old habits.

I think my whatever is shifting around. My tailbone is getting too boney. I love my hot baths at night and I cannot lay back in my tub. It hurts way too much. I have been having problems in kickboxing with it as well. We do a lot of exercise on our backs any it is getting scraped up and hurts a lot.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
God Bless all of you in the North, I couldn't handle all that cold ,it's 57 raining and I am freezing. This goofy weather is going to be almost 80 degrees this weekend. Sorry folks I am heading to the beach to get my Vitamin D this weekend. I am sure it will help my mood a lot.

I think I will try doing the same menu for a while , too many choices makes me think of food as something special and not as just fuel.

Chrissy~ sorry about your back issues ! I definitely can relate, waiting on results from x rays .

230/ 123~ back 156 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115

Jan- 27 153
Jun-19-156
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:19 AM   #160
Blabbermouth!!!

Last Sunday I was 208.8. This morning I'm 205.6. I know it will slow down, but it is very nice to see the numbers going down. All I have to do is do what I know I need to... If only it was that simple! Hoping for 203.something for Monday weigh-in...

Happy Friday, Everyone!!
Old 01-31-2014, 04:46 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
HT~ WTG

Stay strong! Weekends are hard especially this being Super Bowl weekend. The good thing is that if you fill up on protein like hamburger or baby back ribs it won't feel that you are being deprived. I plan on making mock potato salad , for crunchy broccoli and Dip. SF popsicle and I am good to go!
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Listening carefully to everyone 2+ years post op. For now, the maintenance weight I've picked is 157. If I bounce to 159 I get going because I don't want to see 160 again. I've been doing fine. Then I noticed that even though I was bouncing to 159 once in awhile, I was coming back down, but not always to 157. I might go 2 weeks at 158 or 157.5. Still not a big deal, but made me think.... not a big deal yet, but is my weight now 158? And will it be 159 in another couple of months, and then so on... so I tightened up a little and have been 156.5 all week. Much better! I know I'm only talking a pound or two, but I also know this will never be easier than it is now, so I'd better keep it under control.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:43 PM   #163
Blabbermouth!!!

Very, very smart, Jesse. I remember hearing things and thinking I wouldn't care if I was one day "that weight." Big mistake! You can't let your guard down because one pound here and there adds up before you know it and it is really hard to lose it all over again.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey you people!!! It is Saturday!!! How are you??

I am sick. I don't get sick too often, so this doesn't sit well with me. Still, I just got done walking and running almost 2.75 miles on the home treadmill. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. Now off for a hot shower.

I don't want to jinx it, but I might be getting my weight loss mojo back. I passed on cheesy bread, three kinds of pizza, and chocolate-dipped waffle cones with cookies and cream ice cream last night. No loss on the scale today - but no gain, either!
Old 02-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hey you people!!! It is Saturday!!! How are you??

I am sick. I don't get sick too often, so this doesn't sit well with me. Still, I just got done walking and running almost 2.75 miles on the home treadmill. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. Now off for a hot shower.

I don't want to jinx it, but I might be getting my weight loss mojo back. I passed on cheesy bread, three kinds of pizza, and chocolate-dipped waffle cones with cookies and cream ice cream last night. No loss on the scale today - but no gain, either!
You're doing it! Way to go. It's easy to cave when you're sick, so double good job. Get well soon.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #166
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Come join the February thread!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote