Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135

Well hello hot guy at the finish line of my Polar Dash DFW 10k, yes my sweaty just finished 6.36 miles self WILL take a picture with you.

I set out to only do a 5k, and cut out once I was on their route (I was reg for the 10k). BUT the route map lied and there was no cutover, we looped out for 3 miles before we hit the 5k route so I did ALL 6.36. Now, I'm not cleared to run anything more than 1-2 miles right now, remember?

I wasn't being stubborn like I normally am. I was legitimately trying to comply. All forces of nature were against me.

Even walking 60-70% of it my finish time was 1:24 and change. I only allowed myself 1 minute intervals of running, so those intervals were at around a 7-7.5 mm pace. That certainly helped offset the 14-15mm pace walking intervals!

I'm icing and we won't tell anyone that I just took 1 Aleve, but I took some acid reducer with it too. I never take it, I'm seriously anti-NSAID 99.99999999999% of the time but yeah. Need it. Tylenol ain't cutting this ache.

Tell you what. Brandon there at the finish line. Yeah. Totally made it all go away.

This is just a preview of what will be waiting for us in masses at the finish line of my Women Rock Half the end of March.

Oh, and I love how running 6.36 miles and burning 725 calories before lunch makes my tummy look flat and strong.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 12:50 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
Heather I so want to be where you are about exercise , right now it hurts to even stand up. I haven[t felt normal since the end of Oct..I want to be a runner!! i want crave exercise like you do . How long did it take for you to love it? Sorry you are having issues with your planned runs.

Well I had my Drs. appt yesterday , my first with him .Geez this man had to weight 350 lbs I was kinda shocked . He sent me for xrays. Did fasting bloodwork. I won't find out till next Thursday. I am going for a walk on the treadmill later for a half hr.. I have a bone density test coming up so I want to see what they say before I start running again.

Jesse~ I love air popped popcorn, not the movie kind. You did great to stay the course.
It wasn't how long it took for me to love it, it was how long it took for me to find something I loved. Certain exercises to this day I HATE. Don't put me on an elliptical because that workout session will just stink. I'll be miserable. Biking, not a fan. But yoga, especially hot sweaty power yoga, it was love at first sight. Running I started doing just for the calorie burn, but once I actually started to run (and not flail and gasp for air) I loved it. And distance running I LOVE THAT. You feel that endorphin rush for a long time afterwards. I feel like I could run forever - except for this darn knee lately!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I've been calling myself everything but human...

Heather, I am sorry you didn't have a better time with your knee. hopefully the strap will help. I know exactly how it is to want to do something (like run) but you can't...

Sorry I can't post more right now - I have to go for now. Hang in there, everyone!!
It helped some. I still hurt. Running still hurt. It wasn't the miracle cure I was sure half hoping it would be.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Do guys like that ALWAYS wait at the end of a race? Maybe I will change my mind about being a runner. We have had THREE days of no school due to dangerous temperatures and maybe more coming Monday and Tuesday Today the temp was around zero, so we took the warmup in stride and went to see a production of Cabaret. There were a lot of actors who resembled the nice young man Heather had her picture taken with As the emcee says It is HOT in here. Then picked up groceries, so I am ready to hunker down if needed, should the air temp really drop to - 25 F as predicted (this is not counting windchill )
Old 01-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Um, there was no one like that at the end of MY run today! Where do I find THEM!!!
I ran 5 miles in 65 minutes. That's about a 13 minute mile - and very good for me.
It was HARD and I got kinda lightheaded about 2/3 of the way through - I just walked until I felt good enough to run again. There was no way I was not going to finish! I wasn't last, either, but there might have only been 10 people behind me. Still, I finished, and I have to feel good about that. It was about 45 degrees here this morning, too. I know - not very cold for many of you - but pretty darn cold in Florida!

Heather - I applaud your awesome run! I also probably feel some of your pain, too! Hope you feel okay in the morning! Hope I can walk, too! lol
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 188 / 174 (-20)

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 01-25-2014 at 05:14 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Heather~ yowzer!!! to your awesome run Love the picture of you and the hottie!You did it so proud of you. hope your knees get to feeling better.

HT~you Rockin it Girl!! I you did great for health issues . a 13 min pace is nothing to sneeze at. The weather has had me in sweat pants for the last couple of days into next week probably. Can't believe its this cold. Well I better enjoy it cause it gets pretty hot around here later on.

Jesse! I don't know how you can deal with that cold weather I know I couldn't survive like that .

Well I went to the gym and was on the treadmill for 45 total 50 with cool down
My pace was 17;08 at 3.5 when I ran /walk running at 4:00 so that was a start , only ran for 6 min total , since my back still isn't right, waiting for results from my Dr on the x rays .

230/ 123~ back 156 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115

Jan- 27 153
Jun-19-156

Last edited by joyful48; 01-25-2014 at 09:54 PM..
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:35 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Joyful - Thanks for the kind words & you're doing great, too! I wouldn't run much until you found out what the doc has to say anyway... & I think all that time on the treadmill is awesome! Now that my 8K is done I will be walking longer and running a bit less because my knees are just not happy with it. However, I will be increasing my time walking and also my speed. I used to walk at 4.0 but lately have found that too fast for some reason. My goal is to get back to walking almost all of it at 4.0.

My knees are pretty sore today, but not the most sore they've ever been, which is a nice surprise. However, I got on the scale today and that was neither nice, nor a surprise. I've put on about 2 pounds.

This is totally my fault. I am totally claiming my stupidity and even self-destructive behavior. I have to make changes. NOW. And I have to say sorry to everyone for rambling on about this for - what - the last YEAR!?!?!? I have my "Success Habits of WLS Patients" book to review today and I have made a new document of weekly goals for the next few months. Basically, I think losing 2 pounds a week is doable, so I am going to work at that. I am going back to much lower carb, and it is my intention to wean myself off coffee - again. All those Dunkin Donut special coffees are full of empty calories - even if I get them sugar-free...

Ok - ok - I won't babble on. Just wanted to post it so I can be accountable. I will also be weighing each Sunday morning - no excuses about needing to hurry up so I'm not late for work and/or whining about it being too cold to weigh myself.

Just plain No. More. Excuses.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 01-26-2014 at 06:36 AM..
Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #128

Quote:
Um, there was no one like that at the end of MY run today! Where do I find THEM!!!
I ran 5 miles in 65 minutes. That's about a 13 minute mile - and very good for me.
It was HARD and I got kinda lightheaded about 2/3 of the way through - I just walked until I felt good enough to run again. There was no way I was not going to finish! I wasn't last, either, but there might have only been 10 people behind me. Still, I finished, and I have to feel good about that. It was about 45 degrees here this morning, too. I know - not very cold for many of you - but pretty darn cold in Florida!

Heather - I applaud your awesome run! I also probably feel some of your pain, too! Hope you feel okay in the morning! Hope I can walk, too! lol
5 in 65 is awesome! The lightheadedness... what did you eat before the race? Did you hydrate appropriately and did you bring anything with you for fuel? I use the water stations on runs, but don't drink a lot at it. A few ounces if I'm running or the whole 4 oz if I'm walking. Longer runs on my own I carry my Amphipod - a 12 oz handheld water bottle that is shaped to fit your hand and has a strap you slip your hand in so you don't really have to grasp it. I also always have a protein drink on the way to the race if it's a morning one and eat half a package of whole wheat pb crackers (I forget them yesterday) and stash the others in my spibelt or leave them in my car. I also carry a package of cocoa roasted almonds (the Emerald kind, not the Blue Diamond. The latter are almost candy coated while the Emerald are just cocoa powdered) and/or a small bit of raisins in my spibelt too. This is for sugar issues when I'm running. There's been a time or two I've needed them so I always carry on runs of any distance (training or race) that are not in my neighborhood close to home.

The Spibelt I keep mentioning is awesome! It stands for small personal item belt. It's a fanny pack sort of but not super fanny pack like. I'm wearing it in my picture above. It's a little stretchy pouch that sits right up next to your body and it stretches as you fill it. For this run I had my cell, my key fob, chapstick, and almonds in it. There's no bounce.

45 is cold to me too lol. It was low 30's when I started but had warmed up QUICKLY to 50-60's when I was done and on my way home. I layered quite well. The pants and ls blue are UnderArmour cold gear (thin fleece lined) and are AWESOME! The skirt is an extra layer to keep my booty cheeks warm because that tends to stay cold lol. The ss top is just an extra layer over my core to keep it warm. I started out with the penguin hat the race gave us, my lightweight wicking fleece jacket and my fleece nike gloves. The jacket winds up around my waist after about a mile or two, and the gloves go on and off as my fingers get hot/cold.

Quote:
Heather~ yowzer!!! to your awesome run Love the picture of you and the hottie!You did it so proud of you. hope your knees get to feeling better.

HT~you Rockin it Girl!! I you did great for health issues . a 13 min pace is nothing to sneeze at. The weather has had me in sweat pants for the last couple of days into next week probably. Can't believe its this cold. Well I better enjoy it cause it gets pretty hot around here later on.

Jesse! I don't know how you can deal with that cold weather I know I couldn't survive like that .

Well I went to the gym and was on the treadmill for 45 total 50 with cool down
My pace was 17;08 at 3.5 when I ran /walk running at 4:00 so that was a start , only ran for 6 min total , since my back still isn't right, waiting for results from my Dr on the x rays .
Great job on the treadmill running. I absolutely hate treadmill runs lol. Before they were all I did and I was intimidated by outside running, but once I started doing that I never wanted to use the treadmill. I do occasionally, and I'd like to get one for the house for cold and/or wet days but I have a love of running outside now. Especially in different areas than my own neighborhood.

I hope they figure out what is going on with your back. I remember having constant bach aches/pain when I was actively losing because my center of gravity was changing and my body was readjusting. Hopefully yours is not something serious and will be figured out and resolved soon!

Quote:
Hey Joyful - Thanks for the kind words & you're doing great, too! I wouldn't run much until you found out what the doc has to say anyway... & I think all that time on the treadmill is awesome! Now that my 8K is done I will be walking longer and running a bit less because my knees are just not happy with it. However, I will be increasing my time walking and also my speed. I used to walk at 4.0 but lately have found that too fast for some reason. My goal is to get back to walking almost all of it at 4.0.

My knees are pretty sore today, but not the most sore they've ever been, which is a nice surprise. However, I got on the scale today and that was neither nice, nor a surprise. I've put on about 2 pounds.

This is totally my fault. I am totally claiming my stupidity and even self-destructive behavior. I have to make changes. NOW. And I have to say sorry to everyone for rambling on about this for - what - the last YEAR!?!?!? I have my "Success Habits of WLS Patients" book to review today and I have made a new document of weekly goals for the next few months. Basically, I think losing 2 pounds a week is doable, so I am going to work at that. I am going back to much lower carb, and it is my intention to wean myself off coffee - again. All those Dunkin Donut special coffees are full of empty calories - even if I get them sugar-free...

Ok - ok - I won't babble on. Just wanted to post it so I can be accountable. I will also be weighing each Sunday morning - no excuses about needing to hurry up so I'm not late for work and/or whining about it being too cold to weigh myself.

Just plain No. More. Excuses.
Two pounds post race is not an issue. Perhaps your eating has been off, but don't let a post race weight make you down. Your body went through exertion, it dehydrated, it held fluid, it's SORE. Give it a few days to reset to your current normal and then weigh.

The specialty coffees - it is because of the milk/cream/etc in them? At first I thought how could flavored coffee have calories and then I remembered my weekly starbucks splurge lol. I justify it because the protein is equal to or greater than 10% of the calories (so 19g protein in 190 calories) and it passes my protein ratio test. The sugar free nonfat decaf version.

2 pounds a week is doable, but don't kick yourself if it doesn't happen. The closer you get to goal the smaller the weekly increments are. You are well versed in that knowledge though.

Boy I'm long winded today. I'm putting off getting dressed and going to the grocery store!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

OK whose with me ??

Whose willing to weigh in on Mondays with me? I really weigh everyday but, I want to be accountable on a weekly basis and if my commitment is lacking feel free to go Julian on me!
Old 01-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #130

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I'm sick was supposed to host a spin jam at the beach today but this is day 5 of something awful.

Joyful i might weigh in with you but just put the difference like "-0.4 Since last week". For me until i get back down to my lowest i feel like that would be more encouraging. I'm still working on the last 4 pounds of "holiday" weight (pretty much all last year i maintained then from thanksgiving through to new years eve i put on 15lb!!!!!!! 11 Are off. I'm sure about was water weight from carbs.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Mary~ that would be great just the difference works for me too! I love your new picture.

Ok ladies the proverbial Monday comes again! Let's agree that looking in the
rear view mirror gets us no where and can cause a crash and burn situation. We can shoulda ,coulda, and woulda all over the place and it changes nothing.Our future is made up of seconds which we determine how it is spent and what direction it will take.So we make a mistake or an oops don't belabor the point, Hey the next second is new so don't look back!! Self Talk is great as long as it is the uplifting and positive. Berating yourself is not going to get you past square one. We can do this !
Old 01-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

We are Queens Of The Come Back!!!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #133

Quote:
Whose willing to weigh in on Mondays with me? I really weigh everyday but, I want to be accountable on a weekly basis and if my commitment is lacking feel free to go Julian on me!
Mondays. I'm down. I'd like to encourage everyone to include measurements (or measurement changes) too as pounds can sometimes discourage when they don't change. We will have 2 points of reference.

I say anyone can participate and share only what they wish. I for one will be putting it all out there lol.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #134
Blabbermouth!!!

I had about 2/3 of a bagel with eggs and cheese before the race and also some water before that and some protein shake right before the race started. I wasn't as hydrated as I should of been (I always worry about needing to go to the bathroom during my walk/run/race...). I drank maybe 4oz. of water at the water station..which helped some, but next time I'll be more prepared & look into the things you have. Yep. I said next time. Not for an 8K (until I drop 25 pounds maybe - then I'll think about that again), but I will do another 5K. There's one in April that I have my eye on. That's enough time to drop most of my excess weight and enough time to build myself up to do it.

I will join you ladies if you don't mind me posting my Sunday weigh-in on Mondays. I'll put it all out there, too...I did this to myself and posting it makes me accountable. It just really gets me down. I hope...in about a month...I will have lost 8 or 10 pounds and then I'll feel like I'm making some progress. It kills me because I bought some nice winter dresses last year (when I was around 190) and they fit like a glove then. Now I am sure they'd be more like sausage casing and because I have gained weight kinda weirdly (due to the plastic surgery, I'd say) I would not be caught dead wearing them until this weight starts to go away...

I have been doing good today. I had 4oz. of scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast with 2 cups of coffee with sf creamer and some milk in them before that. (My DD coffees are bad for me, I think, because of all the milk/cream and sometimes whipped cream I get on them. Also, sometimes I don't say sugar free...and besides all that, I worry about all the fake sugar I eat. I know I need to cut back.) Lunch was about a cup of salad with 2-3 oz of baked chicken on it with as little ranch dressing on it as I could stand. Dinner will be more salad with a 3-4 oz slice of homemade meatloaf. I also made some sf cheesecake pudding and sliced up a bunch of strawberries, so I will have that when it comes time for a snack. I've also had more water today than I've had in a while and I will have a few more glasses between meals, etc... I'm not exercising today, but I will be walking tomorrow. I think my knees need the day off today. I have done a lot of cleaning and cooking today, however. Not totally slacking here, just a little.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 01-26-2014 at 11:34 AM..
Old 01-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Someone started a thread about Biggest Loser Ali Vincent, who lost a bunch of weight and has since regained about 50 pounds. It was interesting to hear how she felt - and helped me realize it does happen and there's nothing to it except to go back to what you know and just lose it... If this link doesn't work, look for the thread on the playground...
Ali Vincent Admits her Struggle with Weight Gain | The Live Well Network
Old 01-26-2014, 12:26 PM   #136

Did something necessary but depressing. I downgraded my 15k race in 2 weeks to the 5k route. I need to heal not push.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #137

Let's make Monday check ins its own thread so they don't get lost!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Heather yes and also we need to put down what our goals are for the week as far our workouts .Once it's down in black in white and you and it's accomplished I know that it gives me a boost. Start where you need to and don't expect perfection.It's just something keep us focused on our goals .

Last edited by joyful48; 01-26-2014 at 01:48 PM..
Old 01-26-2014, 05:10 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Glad I got out yesterday, because temperature is dropping like a rock and will be entering dangerous zone again. We haven't had a winter like this for over 30 years. Not sure if our school district has ever closed 4 days in one winter. We are having the 4th day tomorrow. Normally the teachers still report, but not tomorrow, because we are going to have to add another day to the school calendar, so in order to not exceed the days set forth in our contract. we get a "day off' tomorrow. Tuesday forecast is even worse, so maybe another "day off". I have been over winter for years now. But rather than complain, I have surrendered. No Minnesota ,I can deal, for me. I'm staying home and cleaning closets and reading books. This too shall pass. My big challenge is to not go crazy with the eating because I get bored and have cabin fever. There will be lots of hot tea drinking. I got new batteries for my wii fit so that's on the schedule too. Pray for me
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Stay warm, Jesse! Sounds like you're a lot like me, so I will add "and stay out of the kitchen!!" I have much better luck during the school year when I am pretty much stuck in my room and/or stuck with what I brought to eat that day. Summers are difficult because something to eat is always just a few steps away and I am much more likely to make bad choices. Keep busy and you will hopefully have an easier time of it. Hope your cold weather switches back to just regular cold soon. When are you moving to Florida? You and I could be walking buddies!
Old 01-26-2014, 06:24 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had about 2/3 of a bagel with eggs and cheese before the race and also some water before that and some protein shake right before the race started. I wasn't as hydrated as I should of been (I always worry about needing to go to the bathroom during my walk/run/race...). I drank maybe 4oz. of water at the water station..which helped some, but next time I'll be more prepared & look into the things you have. Yep. I said next time. Not for an 8K (until I drop 25 pounds maybe - then I'll think about that again), but I will do another 5K. There's one in April that I have my eye on. That's enough time to drop most of my excess weight and enough time to build myself up to do it.

I will join you ladies if you don't mind me posting my Sunday weigh-in on Mondays. I'll put it all out there, too...I did this to myself and posting it makes me accountable. It just really gets me down. I hope...in about a month...I will have lost 8 or 10 pounds and then I'll feel like I'm making some progress. It kills me because I bought some nice winter dresses last year (when I was around 190) and they fit like a glove then. Now I am sure they'd be more like sausage casing and because I have gained weight kinda weirdly (due to the plastic surgery, I'd say) I would not be caught dead wearing them until this weight starts to go away...

I have been doing good today. I had 4oz. of scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon for breakfast with 2 cups of coffee with sf creamer and some milk in them before that. (My DD coffees are bad for me, I think, because of all the milk/cream and sometimes whipped cream I get on them. Also, sometimes I don't say sugar free...and besides all that, I worry about all the fake sugar I eat. I know I need to cut back.) Lunch was about a cup of salad with 2-3 oz of baked chicken on it with as little ranch dressing on it as I could stand. Dinner will be more salad with a 3-4 oz slice of homemade meatloaf. I also made some sf cheesecake pudding and sliced up a bunch of strawberries, so I will have that when it comes time for a snack. I've also had more water today than I've had in a while and I will have a few more glasses between meals, etc... I'm not exercising today, but I will be walking tomorrow. I think my knees need the day off today. I have done a lot of cleaning and cooking today, however. Not totally slacking here, just a little.
Congratulations on your race! And I think your menu sounds delicious. Since I'm going to be home tomorrow I can fix eggs and bacon. (Normally I sleep until the last minute, if my sleeve is inside out I might be late ) Just heard on a news promo, windchill forecast is - 50F. Yes, that is MINUS 50. Staying inside for sure.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
Hey guys! Had VSG on 12/26. My heart went A-Fib for several hours after surgery and I had to deal with all that. Finally got released from my Heart Doc last week and I am now back to work as of today. I have only lost about 15 lbs since surgery but feeling pretty good. Wasn't allowed to really exercise until I was released so this week I am gung ho to get started.
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mair View Post
Hey guys! Had VSG on 12/26. My heart went A-Fib for several hours after surgery and I had to deal with all that. Finally got released from my Heart Doc last week and I am now back to work as of today. I have only lost about 15 lbs since surgery but feeling pretty good. Wasn't allowed to really exercise until I was released so this week I am gung ho to get started.

Glad to see you here and doing well!!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Stay warm, Jesse! Sounds like you're a lot like me, so I will add "and stay out of the kitchen!!" I have much better luck during the school year when I am pretty much stuck in my room and/or stuck with what I brought to eat that day. Summers are difficult because something to eat is always just a few steps away and I am much more likely to make bad choices. Keep busy and you will hopefully have an easier time of it. Hope your cold weather switches back to just regular cold soon. When are you moving to Florida? You and I could be walking buddies!
I tried on my little black dress last night to show my husband. I wanted to get his opinion on how it looked because in 2 weeks we are going to a fundraiser gala as guests of the chairperson who organized it. So I'm hoping that my vanity will help keep me out of the kitchen because I really want to look chic at this event. I'm, copying your menu and starting with scrambled eggs and bacon. This breakfast usually holds me for hours. I wish I could move to Florida next year!!!! Our youngest is starting college, he'll be about 2 hours away, so we need to stay put until he's established. Seriously, when we came back in January I wanted to get started on making the move next year, but dh is not ready. There are a lot of economic advantages in my retirement benefits for staying put until I retire, sigh. Minnesota actually has a lot to offer, it's just the weather. It's killing me. I'd better get going though, because if we are going to be walking buddies WHEN I move there I'm going to have to hustle if I am going to keep up with you.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:08 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I tried on my little black dress last night to show my husband. I wanted to get his opinion on how it looked because in 2 weeks we are going to a fundraiser gala as guests of the chairperson who organized it. So I'm hoping that my vanity will help keep me out of the kitchen because I really want to look chic at this event. I'm, copying your menu and starting with scrambled eggs and bacon. This breakfast usually holds me for hours. I wish I could move to Florida next year!!!! Our youngest is starting college, he'll be about 2 hours away, so we need to stay put until he's established. Seriously, when we came back in January I wanted to get started on making the move next year, but dh is not ready. There are a lot of economic advantages in my retirement benefits for staying put until I retire, sigh. Minnesota actually has a lot to offer, it's just the weather. It's killing me. I'd better get going though, because if we are going to be walking buddies WHEN I move there I'm going to have to hustle if I am going to keep up with you.
Share a pic with us! We will give you honest female opinions!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 AM   #146

Alright Monday statters, here you go!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Share a pic with us! We will give you honest female opinions!
I'll give it a try, but not too good at techie stuff . I don't always seek dh's opinion, but he is pretty sensitive to trying too hard/too young look. This dress is sexy, but grown up sexy, but I still worry about looking too much (still have a lot of boobage ) If he likes it, I can be pretty sure that I look chic not idiotic.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mair View Post
Sorry to hear about the rough start, but glad to hear you are feeling stronger now. I didn't lose weight superfast, usually averaged 10 pounds a month, but the real magic is I lost weight month after, month after month, and I was able to maintain the losses. It added up to something truly wonderful.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Mair Wow that had to be scary!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:18 PM   #150

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
OK so this Monday vs. Sunday January 20th (didn't weigh last Monday)

Not bad at all.... another 3 or 4 to get to pre-holiday (pre-Thanksgiving) weight, but 28.3 to "goal"....
Which I never did "call".
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote