LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #61

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrigna View Post
It's a gorgeous day out there in northern VA. I jogged a little =) I will work on stepping that up.

I'm officially overweight and no longer obese! (I calculated my BMI today, to see where I am).

I'm finally tired of shrimp and salmon. Today marks the end of week 6, so I am at the final stage of the NUT's plan and can have real meat. I've heard that Wendy's chili is a perfect post op food. So I found a copycat recipe for it and that's simmering on my stove now. Quick and easy! My husband said it tastes like Wendy's... I haven't had it in years and years. I used organic fresh veggies and organic grass fed beef. It seemed a little thin so I sprinkled in some TVP for a bump in protein. And I used real beans. Before surgery, I would only eat black soybeans for beans, to keep the carbs down. At my 3-week post op visit, my surgeon insisted I should branch out with beans and that they are not "evil carbs." So i used the kidney and pinto beans called for in the recipe. What do you guys think about beans? Do you eat them while you are trying to lose weight? I've been low carbing since 2002. It's hard to wrap my head around them being okay.
ANY kind of lentil or legume is trigger food for me. They aren't my favorite so in this case is not a mental thing. Not sure what they do exactly. They make me want more and I will for sure over eat them. Due to surgery I might not eat a huge amount at one sitting but I'll keep going back.this family includes cashews and peanuts. True nuts like pistachio pecan almond don't do that to me.I can have a serving and be done. But that's just me.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I also have a harder time with beans (and peanuts, as a matter of fact), but I do eat them occasionally - like in chili, and I love hummus... I did eat them (blended bean soup early on) and lose weight, but I generally am avoiding them now because I am trying to lose more quickly versus more slowly. I would imagine, in the quantities you eat them, that beans would be okay for you.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:05 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Well, I'm calling a clinic today to see how soon they can get me in to look at my knee - gasp! Shocking I know! I'm a stubborn nurse and we don't seek medical advice!

But... just under 7 1/2 miles total yesterday and I can't walk well at all due to right knee pain today. It's stabbing. I don't want to stop running. I have too much stuff to train for. I can lay low for a bit, but I have a 10k in 2 weeks (no biggie I can handle that distance without running for a bit), but then I have another 10k and a 15k (9.3 miles) in February. I need to train up to the 9 mile distance. And my half in March, which I also need to train up to...
Old 01-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrigna View Post
It's a gorgeous day out there in northern VA. I jogged a little =) I will work on stepping that up.

I'm officially overweight and no longer obese! (I calculated my BMI today, to see where I am).

I'm finally tired of shrimp and salmon. Today marks the end of week 6, so I am at the final stage of the NUT's plan and can have real meat. I've heard that Wendy's chili is a perfect post op food. So I found a copycat recipe for it and that's simmering on my stove now. Quick and easy! My husband said it tastes like Wendy's... I haven't had it in years and years. I used organic fresh veggies and organic grass fed beef. It seemed a little thin so I sprinkled in some TVP for a bump in protein. And I used real beans. Before surgery, I would only eat black soybeans for beans, to keep the carbs down. At my 3-week post op visit, my surgeon insisted I should branch out with beans and that they are not "evil carbs." So i used the kidney and pinto beans called for in the recipe. What do you guys think about beans? Do you eat them while you are trying to lose weight? I've been low carbing since 2002. It's hard to wrap my head around them being okay.
I have eaten beans through the whole journey, in fact my first pureed food was re-fried beans with a little mushed up avacado. I eat homemeade chili, Wendy's chili, Calico Bean Casserole (a little carby because of the sauce so I always, always measure it), and a brown rice and lentil casserole that my family loves. Maybe I would have lost faster without the beans, but I was down 130 in a year so I am satisfied
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:06 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Well, I'm calling a clinic today to see how soon they can get me in to look at my knee - gasp! Shocking I know! I'm a stubborn nurse and we don't seek medical advice!

But... just under 7 1/2 miles total yesterday and I can't walk well at all due to right knee pain today. It's stabbing. I don't want to stop running. I have too much stuff to train for. I can lay low for a bit, but I have a 10k in 2 weeks (no biggie I can handle that distance without running for a bit), but then I have another 10k and a 15k (9.3 miles) in February. I need to train up to the 9 mile distance. And my half in March, which I also need to train up to...
Hope it's a quick fix!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Heather, you said "baby shower" right after what you had to do for the day and I'm thinking, "Wow, they don't even let her take as long a shower as she wants?" LOL

Jesse - Congrats on your purchases. I have to admit, I don't go to stores like that often, so I don't think to do it. Also, the few times I did, I was "full-size," and they either didn't have anything or what they had was atrocious. I really need to go take a look.

Okay, Peeps, I am officially registered for the 8K. My DD15 has agreed to do it with me, too, so that will help me. She is in better shape than I am and runs faster, so I bet I will run a bit faster, too. Also, it is just a NSV I never thought I would have: to run (anywhere - but especially in a 5 mile race) with one of my kids. Very cool.

I am super duper struggling lately, so I went to my counselor - who I hadn't seen in at least half a year, probably longer. She listened to my tale of woe and then gave me a few pearls of wisdom to consider. One, my body has been through a tremendous amount of stress this last six months...and honestly, ever since before the WLS, too. Also, she showed me just how many responsibilities I do have...and I have no "barrier" or "cushioning" from them like I had in the past (fat). As a matter of fact, it is now - kinda - another issue - keeping that cushioning from returning. Couple all that with (lately) not really enjoying exercising (my new comfort...) and of course I am running (get that joke there...) back to emotional eating for comfort. Sometimes hearing it from someone else makes it all very clear.

So...I am eating much better, working out (2.0 mile walk/jog on Friday night and 3.75 walk/jog/run) yesterday in addition to a bunch of abdominal work, and I registered for the run for inspiration. Heather - I do think working out closer to that evil nighttime eating routine has made it easier to not eat. I have made a plan to just not eat anything other than a Greek yogurt or some sf pudding after about 8PM. Or I could have half a protein shake... So far, so good.

How is everyone today!?!?! Hope your day is a good one.
I think the cushioning theory is very interesting. Part of my survival on this journey has been finding new ways to "cushion" myself from the things life throws at me. I think I have become more self protective in a good way. And more self loving. I have made concious decisions to seek out things that bring me pleasure and incorporate them into my life. Even little things like a shampoo that I think smells wonderful costs $2.00 more a bottle than the bargain brand I usually buy. Well I buy it, because if it lasts me 2 months, then I am paying pennies a day for something that brings me pleasure. I love to read the newspaper ~ it is a huge pleasure to me, so now I make sure I get to read the paper. And I feel okay about NOT doing things I don't want to do. There are obligations in life that cannot be avoided and I will do them, but if it is not an obligation I am more likely to protect my free time so I have time to do the things that feed my soul instead of feeding my stomach which was my main coping strategy 2 years ago.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I think the cushioning theory is very interesting. Part of my survival on this journey has been finding new ways to "cushion" myself from the things life throws at me. I think I have become more self protective in a good way. And more self loving. I have made concious decisions to seek out things that bring me pleasure and incorporate them into my life. Even little things like a shampoo that I think smells wonderful costs $2.00 more a bottle than the bargain brand I usually buy. Well I buy it, because if it lasts me 2 months, then I am paying pennies a day for something that brings me pleasure. I love to read the newspaper ~ it is a huge pleasure to me, so now I make sure I get to read the paper. And I feel okay about NOT doing things I don't want to do. There are obligations in life that cannot be avoided and I will do them, but if it is not an obligation I am more likely to protect my free time so I have time to do the things that feed my soul instead of feeding my stomach which was my main coping strategy 2 years ago.
I have always taken care of everyone around me and now I feel it is my turn I do and buy things for me now. A good example is I have kickboxing at 6 am on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I get home with just a few minutes to spare before taking my oldest daughter to school. She has to make her own lunch on those days. She hates it, but my attitude is that she is 13 and she is more than capable so tough cookies

I started hot yoga today...I had no idea it was so tough. I about died but I committed so back I go tomorrow. It was the longest 90 minutes I have had in a long time. After today I am thinking it is not for me but I am going to give it a few more times.
Chrissykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #68

I ♥ hot yoga!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I ♥ hot yoga!
How hot? This was 110 degrees, I am always cold but man it was hot it was torture. Does it get better? Please say yes....
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
How hot? This was 110 degrees, I am always cold but man it was hot it was torture. Does it get better? Please say yes....
Sounds like Bikram. There are different degrees of heat, but if it's THAT hot then it's Bikram, although it's usually only 105. They are a "stricter" style of yoga, 26 poses in sequence and two breathing exercises. Bikram (certified) instructors typically have a specific dialogue that they recite from the front of the class rather than walking through offering adjustments and etc. Of course there are some instructors that are rebels and adopt a Bikram style without actually conforming to Bikram practices. Because you are doing the same poses each class it does get better. Yoga is hard even though they make it look so zen and easy.

I prefer heated power classes. Inversions, arm balances, core work. I occasionally like the flow classes, but my mind wanders. I'm not a zen person. I need the constant changing and movement of a power/core class. I just prefer the heat because I'm always cold and it feels like I can get a better stretch in the heat (research doesn't show any difference in stretch in an 80 degree class versus a 100 degree class fyi). AND I just feel that I'm working harder and perhaps detoxing if I'm sweating constantly.

In that 90 minutes you should be going through at least 40 oz of water to stay hydrated! Followed by a low/no sugar electrolyte drink! (Nuun or PowerAde zero kinds).

I HATE the studio mats so I have my own. A good mat for hot practices is Lululemon "The Mat". It's a sticky mat (not "sticky" like ewwwwww but sticky like you won't slip and slide) that soaks up sweat as it falls. They're about $75 after tax but that's an awesome deal as they last FOREVER. They stink when you get them so I unrolled it for a few days to let it air out.

I need to get to more yoga classes. My knee injury started appearing after I cut down from 5-6 classes a week to 1-2 every few weeks (because of circumstance and other injuries - ribs and elbow) and then it just because habit to not go as much.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went back today and it was much better. It is Bikram yoga. I had a different instructor today and he was great. I did every single pose today even if it wasn't perfect. I laid there for about a third of the class yesterday, I was so lightheaded. I read up last night and cleared my head before class today and I think it helped a lot. Plus, I knew what to expect today. I noticed a lot of people drink Smart Water in class so I bought some and half froze my bottle so it wasn't so warm during class.

I bought my mat, carry bag and towel from Gaiam and it seems to work well. I am going to buy another mat towel and some mat spray. I used scent less febreeze on it today.

I bought a groupon for bikram and it was for two months. There is another studio close to my house that practices vinyasa yoga I am going to try after I use up the Bikram. They have all different kinds of classes like you said. Then I will decide which one I like better. I really want to like yoga. I think the health benefits are amazing.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 01-14-2014 at 12:04 PM..
Old 01-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I went back today and it was much better. It is Bikram yoga. I had a different instructor today and he was great. I did every single pose today even if it wasn't perfect. I laid there for about a third of the class yesterday, I was so lightheaded. I read up last night and cleared my head before class today and I think it helped a lot. Plus, I knew what to expect today. I noticed a lot of people drink Smart Water in class so I bought some and half froze my bottle so it wasn't so warm during class.

I bought my mat, carry bag and towel from Gaiam and it seems to work well. I am going to buy another mat towel and some mat spray. I used scent less febreeze on it today.

I bought a groupon for bikram and it was for two months. There is another studio close to my house that practices vinyasa yoga I am going to try after I use up the Bikram. They have all different kinds of classes like you said. Then I will decide which one I like better. I really want to like yoga. I think the health benefits are amazing.
Vinyasa is a flow. You hold a pose for an inhale and then move on the exhale. Sun salutations is the most common vinyasa flow, but there are TONS of variations.

I'm going to get to more yoga classes. I need it lol.

If you wind up loving it and stick with it I SERIOUSLY think you should try a Lululemon Mat. It's like ground chuck and filet mignon. I practiced with an Gaiam mat for about a year before splurging and it changed my practice immensely. No more slipping or readjusting myself during poses. Probably not as necessary with Bikram where you hold longer, but for Vinyasa where you move faster, especially hot Vinyasa, it's awesome.

Had my appointment today. I was accupunctured, lasered, Grastoned (it involved Biofreeze and a metal spatula looking thing rubbed on my leg to break up adhesions), stood on a vibrating platform for 5 minutes (that was odd feeling), evaluated, cracked, popped and taped. I was told no running until follow up on Thursday and we'll see. Evidently there's something with my left foot dropping/turning out which most likely throws off my right hip which in turn affects my lateral knee. But he definitely didn't say no running ever, just a SHORT hiatus for treatment. Working through the tissue issues first then we'll work through the corrective issues.

Today was only $108, but that was after insurance. Follow ups should be only $38 so I'll stick with it and see what becomes of it. I've spent more on less and if this keeps me running I'm all for it!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

I've been thinking even some more about HT's therapist and "cushioning". So it's been stressful at work and although I love my teaching partner she way overbooks herself and it affects me because she is sending me emails at 2am (which of course I don't read until the next morning because I'm sleeping ) asking me to proof a test we are planning on giving the next morning, things like that. She works so so hard and gives so much, but I just can't operate like that. So I was thinking I need to remind her to dial it back again, and the words that popped into my mind is "I can't do this fly by the seat of my pants thing and keep my sobriety". Umm, the word sobriety surprised me, but then I thought, yes, this is about food sobriety, it HAS] to be my priority, nothing else is going to work as well if I "fall off the wagon" as a way of dealing with stress. It further strengthens my belief/resolve that it is OK to take care of myself, to say no, to protect my energy and resources for things that make me stronger/better. My life depends on it and I'm worth it. Stay sober friends!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:59 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Chrissy - its really cool you're enjoying yoga. I have only gone once, but I would like to start going again. I am still very green at it, but I intend to do that soon. My doctor said I need to build core strength and suggested it, too...

Heather - I need to look into having something like that done to me and my knees! I am trying to gear up for my 8K right now, but once I'm done I will look into sports medicine places nearby. I walked/jogged 4.25 miles tonight.

Jesse - I totally agree with you on the sobriety thing and also agree you need to get your partner in crime to understand where you're coming from and what you need to function your best. It is like the airplane speech - you have to put on your own oxygen before you can help those around you. Taking time for you isn't (or shouldn't be) an indulgence, it is a necessity. And yes, you are worth it!!

I'm having a better time of it lately, but I swear, I could fall off the wagon at any time. Everything looks and smells good and my cravings are really kicking. I did go to Panera this morning and ordered breakfast off the "Hidden Menu," which was breadless and good! I had eggs, slices of steak, slices of tomato, and slices of avocado. Perfect size for WLS people and no bread! Only thing about Panera is, its kind of like an alcoholic in a liquor store...how long can you sit there before you give in! I didn't give in, but I didn't stay too long, either! lol

Happy Wednesday everyone!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 01-14-2014 at 10:01 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 06:55 AM   #75

Quote:
Chrissy - its really cool you're enjoying yoga. I have only gone once, but I would like to start going again. I am still very green at it, but I intend to do that soon. My doctor said I need to build core strength and suggested it, too...

Heather - I need to look into having something like that done to me and my knees! I am trying to gear up for my 8K right now, but once I'm done I will look into sports medicine places nearby. I walked/jogged 4.25 miles tonight.

Jesse - I totally agree with you on the sobriety thing and also agree you need to get your partner in crime to understand where you're coming from and what you need to function your best. It is like the airplane speech - you have to put on your own oxygen before you can help those around you. Taking time for you isn't (or shouldn't be) an indulgence, it is a necessity. And yes, you are worth it!!

I'm having a better time of it lately, but I swear, I could fall off the wagon at any time. Everything looks and smells good and my cravings are really kicking. I did go to Panera this morning and ordered breakfast off the "Hidden Menu," which was breadless and good! I had eggs, slices of steak, slices of tomato, and slices of avocado. Perfect size for WLS people and no bread! Only thing about Panera is, its kind of like an alcoholic in a liquor store...how long can you sit there before you give in! I didn't give in, but I didn't stay too long, either! lol

Happy Wednesday everyone!!
Do it. I have MAD core strength from yoga and it REALLY helps with my running. You use your core A LOT in running believe it or not. You should keep a tight core the entire run to help with your posture and form. Seriously, yoga = core.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #76

One of my runs for March cancelled so that's an extra $50 back in my pocket. Bummer is that is was one I was supposed to do with a friend and it was to be her first 5k.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

I need to get some yoga started, if even an exercise tape at home. My core is not strong after years of my mentally blocking that part of my body out of my psyche ~ I really believe I became disconnected from my least favorite part of my body and as a result it grew weaker and weaker. Now I try to think about my core when I walk and engage it whenever I can, so it is getting better, but still has a long way to go!
Old 01-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everyone? Out running 5 Ks and doing yoga? For those of you in a warm climate ~ enjoy! ~ we're hoping for a balmy 30 something tomorrow (which actually is tolerable) before we plunge to some below zero temps again.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:07 PM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GS Fan
Stats: 358/216/160(-142 so far!)
WOE: WLS/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: Jan2013/SurgeryJuly2013
Hi all!

I am down 102 lbs (at last week's weigh in) since this time last year. I feel so much better! Still have a long way to go and I am not breaking any records for speed - just taking it one day at a time.

Really need to find some motivation to exercise - even if it is just taking a walk every day.

All the best to everyone in 2014!
GS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Fan View Post
Hi all!

I am down 102 lbs (at last week's weigh in) since this time last year. I feel so much better! Still have a long way to go and I am not breaking any records for speed - just taking it one day at a time.

Really need to find some motivation to exercise - even if it is just taking a walk every day.

All the best to everyone in 2014!
You're doing great! You had surgery in July? When you get to your 1 year surgery anniversary you will be feeling even better than the already better you are now experiencing which is probably fantastic. What's your best NSV so far?
Old 01-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GS Fan
Stats: 358/216/160(-142 so far!)
WOE: WLS/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: Jan2013/SurgeryJuly2013
Thanks Jesse. I'd have to say my best NSV so far would be that I can walk from my car into the office where I work without getting winded and worrying that I'll have an heart attack!
GS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome! I remember how embarrassed I felt if I had to walk from the first floor to the third floor with one of my colleagues. They would be chatting but I would be huffing and puffing,heart pounding...now I can bound up the stairs with the best of them
Old 01-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi GS Fan, and welcome!

Jesse - Yes, this time of year I do appreciate being where it is warm. Yesterday it got up to (only) 65. Today I think it is going to be 72. Perfect.

However, I am just burned out on everything right now. I decided I needed to slow it all way down and just be lazy. I know that sounds awful, but I have been running myself ragged and I was feeling terrible physically and emotionally. So, these last two days I have had a lot of lazy time. My knees finally do not hurt right now, and that is nice, too...

On Wednesday my ulcer doc is going to take a look in my stomach to see how it has healed. I hope it is good news. It doesn't feel bad to me, but then again, when it landed me in the hospital I didn't have any symptoms until about 8AM that morning. Go figure.

I am really having a hard time losing and it gets me down. I end up eating something comforting, or even just too much of more "legal" foods. *sigh* I start over a lot - but at least I do keep starting over - and I don't wait until the next day, I try to start over that second. I do know I am not at a point I can have a whole box of anything in the house right now (can you say microwave caramel popcorn or sf fudgicles...). Man, I hate how hard it all seems right now.

Maybe now you know why I haven't been posting. I'm lazy, overeating, and slacking badly. At least I'm not headfirst into a bag of chocolate (but don't put one in front of me, or all bets would be off).

8K in 6 days. I better start faking it until I make it, huh.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi GS Fan, and welcome!

Jesse - Yes, this time of year I do appreciate being where it is warm. Yesterday it got up to (only) 65. Today I think it is going to be 72. Perfect.

However, I am just burned out on everything right now. I decided I needed to slow it all way down and just be lazy. I know that sounds awful, but I have been running myself ragged and I was feeling terrible physically and emotionally. So, these last two days I have had a lot of lazy time. My knees finally do not hurt right now, and that is nice, too...

On Wednesday my ulcer doc is going to take a look in my stomach to see how it has healed. I hope it is good news. It doesn't feel bad to me, but then again, when it landed me in the hospital I didn't have any symptoms until about 8AM that morning. Go figure.

I am really having a hard time losing and it gets me down. I end up eating something comforting, or even just too much of more "legal" foods. *sigh* I start over a lot - but at least I do keep starting over - and I don't wait until the next day, I try to start over that second. I do know I am not at a point I can have a whole box of anything in the house right now (can you say microwave caramel popcorn or sf fudgicles...). Man, I hate how hard it all seems right now.

Maybe now you know why I haven't been posting. I'm lazy, overeating, and slacking badly. At least I'm not headfirst into a bag of chocolate (but don't put one in front of me, or all bets would be off).

8K in 6 days. I better start faking it until I make it, huh.
Besides eating, what relieves stress? For me, deciding to take a break and read is indulgent. Youa are not lazy; anyone who gets back in the saddle so to speak, as quickly as you do after several traumatic health issues that required surgical solutions is NOT lazy. Like you said, worn out, but not lazy. So how are you going to feed your soul to help it heal? The food thing is tough.... would food be easier to resist if you weren't so tired emotonally and physically? It might seem selfish to say to everyone, STOP! I can't do this! But how else are you going to survive? A month ago I made a committment to keep Sunday chore free. I don't have any less chores to do, but somehow we are survivimg even if I don't grocery shop, clean or do laundry on Sunday. I feel so good waking up on Sunday knowing I can relax. In fact after I surf the net a little, I'm going to read the Sunday paper while I drink a sf chai latte and if I feel like it, I might go see what's on clearance, or maybe watch a movie on netflix. I get to decide. Take care of yourself, it's not being selfish or lazy.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #85
Blabbermouth!!!

That's kinda why I'm not doing much of anything for a few days. I just need to regroup so I can do all the things I need to do right and effectively when I do decide to do them again. I have a gym date with my neighbor tomorrow morning - I'm not ditching it all, I'm just taking care of me today. Enjoy your day too, Jesse!
Old 01-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Hello Ladies! Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday. The weather is really cool here it's low at nite upper 30's Who would have thought in Fl it would get this cold.

My computer had a corupted hard drive , I have been with out it since 12-27. Talk about going nuts! I am still having back issues I am just falling apart since I have turned 60. I have a Drs, apptl and I have a list of issues that he needs to address but, first things first My nagging back !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by joyful48; 01-19-2014 at 03:35 PM..
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
sending waves to Heather.Jesse,Chrissy,HT,GSFan,MaryPosa

Last edited by joyful48; 01-19-2014 at 03:33 PM..
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #88

Hi everyone. The holiday weight is almost gone. When I eat the right things I can feel satisfied all day on 1350 cals. Love my sleeve. Almost 4 years later the honeymoon is long over, but there's still love and appreciation along with the hard work Lmao
Old 01-19-2014, 09:08 PM   #89

PS lately I just love kids. Maybe I'll adopt one some day. Today I talked to the cutest little freckled boy who wanted to know about my dog. Wanted to adopt him lol
Old 01-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Kids are a lot cuter when you can send them on home after a few hours... Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my children, but some of the things I need to do for/because of/or not do because of them can be a bit overwhelming at times.

Can you tell how overwhelmed I am right about now?

I wish I was where you are with your weight, Mary. I really need to go back to the drawing board with my eating. I'm talking pre-measuring, pre-planning, and counting every calorie until I can get back in the swing of things again. And for Pete's sake: NO MORE TRIGGER FOODS IN MY HOUSE!!! I am a grumpy, miserable, mentally & physically exhausted mess. I so wish I could go away for a few days to somewhere no one knew me, unplug from my phone and computer and job and just think and rest and maybe even be pampered. All that, lose 25 pounds, and have my old hair back. Is that too much to ask, darn it all!! :P