Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
still in Florida

I was supposed to fly home today but our flight was canceled. We fly out on Wednesday there are much worse things than being stranded in Florida, especially when the windchill is minus 50 at home. But I would feel better if my son was here with us. He left on the band bus Sunday, before we knew our flight was canceled. Once he's safely in our house I will relax a little. No school tomorrow so he can just stay inside where it's safe and catch up on sleep. I have kept my goal of walking and walking every day and it feels great. Today we walked in a nature reserve and saw several species of butterflies and birds. We also saw 3 alligators. I loved all the live oaks covered in Spanish Moss. It looks like some kind of enchanted forest. So still loving Florida, but anxious to be reunited with my son and ready to be back with my students.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl3 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to this thread, I had the vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) on Dec. 4th, 2013. I started at 265 and my goal is 165. I'm a 5'8.5" female, and will be 42 in about a week.

I keep my protein between 60-80g/day, and my carbs under 60g/day. Anything less and I'm a mean person! I wish I could be around 40g per day, but really, it's not any good for me. So, moderate low carb for me. I usually eat very unprocessed, clean and whole foods, but I admit in the 5 weeks post op, I've been relying on many protein shakes and flavored yogurts, etc. for convenience sake. As I advance to the next phase of full bariatric diet at the end of this month, I'll move back towards my 90% clean eating diet. That helps me keep my carb intake lower.

I'm documenting my VSG journey on You Tube, check out my VLOG (name: Lissa VSG).

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in a number of Facebook support groups, so feel free to add me there as well: username- Lissa VSG.
I tried to keep my carbs below 40 the first couple of months but it didn't work well for me. Once I increased them to 60 or 70 per day my energy also increased and I had fewer problems with constipation. I didn't see any big impact on how fast I lost weight. I am very satisfied with my outcome so far. I like whole foods too, but I also eat a chobani yogurt almost daily and while I don't like shakes, I will eat a protein bar as needed. I always track and I weigh everyday and track that also. This way I have some "data" to help me understand if my choices are working out.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caligirl3
Stats: 265/246/165 (-19)
WOE: Clean eating, low carb & fitness (WLS-VSG 12/4/13)
Start Date: 12/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I tried to keep my carbs below 40 the first couple of months but it didn't work well for me. Once I increased them to 60 or 70 per day my energy also increased and I had fewer problems with constipation. I didn't see any big impact on how fast I lost weight. I am very satisfied with my outcome so far. I like whole foods too, but I also eat a chobani yogurt almost daily and while I don't like shakes, I will eat a protein bar as needed. I always track and I weigh everyday and track that also. This way I have some "data" to help me understand if my choices are working out.
You sound very similar to me... Love it!
caligirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
I was supposed to fly home today but our flight was canceled. We fly out on Wednesday there are much worse things than being stranded in Florida, especially when the windchill is minus 50 at home. But I would feel better if my son was here with us. He left on the band bus Sunday, before we knew our flight was canceled. Once he's safely in our house I will relax a little. No school tomorrow so he can just stay inside where it's safe and catch up on sleep. I have kept my goal of walking and walking every day and it feels great. Today we walked in a nature reserve and saw several species of butterflies and birds. We also saw 3 alligators. I loved all the live oaks covered in Spanish Moss. It looks like some kind of enchanted forest. So still loving Florida, but anxious to be reunited with my son and ready to be back with my students.
Oh! What's the temp in Florida right now? It's 18 illegal degrees in Texas right now and that's the front that supposed to be moving that way! Was it cancelled due to weather?

Quote:
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to this thread, I had the vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) on Dec. 4th, 2013. I started at 265 and my goal is 165. I'm a 5'8.5" female, and will be 42 in about a week.

I keep my protein between 60-80g/day, and my carbs under 60g/day. Anything less and I'm a mean person! I wish I could be around 40g per day, but really, it's not any good for me. So, moderate low carb for me. I usually eat very unprocessed, clean and whole foods, but I admit in the 5 weeks post op, I've been relying on many protein shakes and flavored yogurts, etc. for convenience sake. As I advance to the next phase of full bariatric diet at the end of this month, I'll move back towards my 90% clean eating diet. That helps me keep my carb intake lower.

I'm documenting my VSG journey on You Tube, check out my VLOG (name: Lissa VSG).

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in a number of Facebook support groups, so feel free to add me there as well: username- Lissa VSG.
Welcome! And looking forward to learning more about you and from you too!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Heather, yes the governor of Minnesota canceled school for the entire state due to extremely cold temperatures. Coldest in over 20 years. Our district also canceled for tomorrow because of dangerous windchill in the morning. Yesterday was a sunny 82 degrees here near Orlando. Today started in the mid 70s, but the temperature is dropping fast down to a forecasted 48 for tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #36

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Oh! Time for an update! What's your YT channel name?
The link is in my signature below. It's maryposa1978 or maryposa78 I forgot which lol
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #37

T25 Alpha Cardio day 1. I lived.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #38

T25 Speed 1.0 this morning. Still alive. Tonight I have a 3 mile run and an hour of hot yoga.

So this challenge thing. I'm going to have to put some understanding into the head of the Coach. I've already explained my calorie consumption is not based on a fear of eating, but on a real physical restriction and biological responses. Higher fat foods make me sick. Higher carb meals set up a hypoglycemic reaction. I eat over 100g of protein a day. And I get lectured on "extreme training" and calorie needs because I am also training for a half marathon on top of the challenge. She said she's concerned for me because if I don't fuel my body right it will start to eat itself and I won't be strong enough to train and I should talk about it with my doctor.

Hello? I've been a nurse for HOW many years? I've studied my new anatomy and it's needs for not just the 4 years post op but the 5 before that. I've been poked and prodded and tested way more frequently in the past 4 years than the average person has in their lifetime and have tweaked my protein and vitamin needs accordingly.

I turned in a food diary yesterday (a light workout day with only doing T25) with 950ish total calories and an exercise credit putting me at only about 700 calories for the day. She asked me to get it to 1200 and I said somedays I can, some I can't.

This is gonna be a fun battle it seems.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #39

Wondering where everyone is!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

I am home at last. Whew, getting stranded somewhere warm during a "artic vortex" would seem to be good luck, but now I am behind! Hopefully I can catch up ASAP. I weighed myself with clothes etc and based on previous experience I think my normal weigh in tomorrow should be okay. I'm anxious to see where I am after 2 1/2 weeks with no scale.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #41

I've been mostly lurking. But I am here and doing well with my eating and I am in ketosis. I bought a few new "toys". I bought a Wi-Fi scale and Wi-Fi pedometer that also measures sleep (supposedly ) and a blood glucose and ketone meter.

The meter is because I have been re-reading excerpts from Dr. Bernstein, Gary Taubes, etc and I am going to be 36 this year... I read somewhere that if your fasting blood sugar is in the 90s, it's almost certain you'll have diabetes in 10 years. Despite having lost a good deal of weight over the past 7 or 8 years, 10 years ago I did have fasting blood sugar of 92 so I thought maybe I should check. A lot of these same books say that how you eat or even losing weight might not help.

So, I bought the meter. Lately I have been feeling crappy. Sure enough, my fasting blood sugar has gone back up! It's been between 100 (lowest) and 132 (after eating one time) mostly 120s after eating and 100 fasting. I think because I am low carbing at least my blood sugar is not fluctuating by much? Who knows what was happening a couple of months ago

At one point my fasting BS was in the 70s but that is when I got down into the 160s.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Old 01-08-2014, 07:56 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Sorry, I've been lurking, too. I'm just in a funk right now - I am exercising, but not enjoying it much. My eating isn't bad during the day, but I get into trouble at night. Mostly lower-carb trouble, but still. I also seem to be hungry all. the. time. Not sure what's going on with me. I'm also upset by my knees and how they don't seem to be improving much. I am still going to sign up for the 8K...and I saw a 5K in March I think I want to do, too, but I wonder if my jogging days aren't really numbered because of all this. More tomorrow - I have to get some things done here before bed.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:56 AM   #43

Quote:
I am home at last. Whew, getting stranded somewhere warm during a "artic vortex" would seem to be good luck, but now I am behind! Hopefully I can catch up ASAP. I weighed myself with clothes etc and based on previous experience I think my normal weigh in tomorrow should be okay. I'm anxious to see where I am after 2 1/2 weeks with no scale.
Hopefully right where you left off! Glad you are back and settling in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I've been mostly lurking. But I am here and doing well with my eating and I am in ketosis. I bought a few new "toys". I bought a Wi-Fi scale and Wi-Fi pedometer that also measures sleep (supposedly ) and a blood glucose and ketone meter.

The meter is because I have been re-reading excerpts from Dr. Bernstein, Gary Taubes, etc and I am going to be 36 this year... I read somewhere that if your fasting blood sugar is in the 90s, it's almost certain you'll have diabetes in 10 years. Despite having lost a good deal of weight over the past 7 or 8 years, 10 years ago I did have fasting blood sugar of 92 so I thought maybe I should check. A lot of these same books say that how you eat or even losing weight might not help.

So, I bought the meter. Lately I have been feeling crappy. Sure enough, my fasting blood sugar has gone back up! It's been between 100 (lowest) and 132 (after eating one time) mostly 120s after eating and 100 fasting. I think because I am low carbing at least my blood sugar is not fluctuating by much? Who knows what was happening a couple of months ago

At one point my fasting BS was in the 70s but that is when I got down into the 160s.
A fasting blood glucose of 100 is the high of normal. 100-125 would be considered prediabetic and over 126 generally indicates diabetes. A "regular" blood glucose should stand around 125 after meals depending on what and how much you ate if your body is efficiently managing it with insulin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Sorry, I've been lurking, too. I'm just in a funk right now - I am exercising, but not enjoying it much. My eating isn't bad during the day, but I get into trouble at night. Mostly lower-carb trouble, but still. I also seem to be hungry all. the. time. Not sure what's going on with me. I'm also upset by my knees and how they don't seem to be improving much. I am still going to sign up for the 8K...and I saw a 5K in March I think I want to do, too, but I wonder if my jogging days aren't really numbered because of all this. More tomorrow - I have to get some things done here before bed.
Don't do things you don't like doing for exercise! You'll burn out. I might visit a good sports medicine clinic. If you visit a regular doctor or ortho doc they will say "rest" or "stop". If you visit a sports med doc they will find out what it is you are wanting to do, and unless it is detrimental to your health, they will treat you in a way to help you reach your goals.

When do you do your workouts? I'm LEAST hungry after working out. Is that the case with you too? I would log your food and moods and find your trouble spots/times and PLAN to be doing something else at that time. Walking, running, taking a workout class. Anything but being accessible to food.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #44

I AM SO STINKING SORE!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
I just decided on my word for the year CHOICES. For me That is what its all about. I can choose to work out or stay on the couch, same with eating proteins and not bad carbs If I love the way I look and feel(which I don't at the moment) I will make the right choices to get me where I want to be. My surgery is not going to be for nothing! No way no how!
5 day pouch test starts today.

All of you are doing really great and I am glad to be apart of this group.

230/ 123~ back 156 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115

Jan- 27 153
Jun-19-156
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/138/120
Hi, everyone! And WELCOME caligirl

I didn't realize you are a nurse, Heather. It all makes sense now, how you have all the great info I've been reading along as I'm running around the past day or so. Hope you're feeling less sore soon!

HT, I hope you're feeling better soon, too. I've been cleaning house on the emails, blogs, and people I follow, trying to concentrate on people who will challenge me to think and do instead.

The sleep thing is not going so well this week, but everything else is going very well. I'm drinking so much water that I allowed myself a small coffee today, my first in a month and a half.... wonder of wonders, I like my lady earl grey tea better now. I was a coffee junky before, but decaf tastes like cardboard and the thought of the acid and vitamin-leaching in the caffeinated is more stress than it's worth. Not to mention it sent me right to the bathroom and then, for a good while after, I was bracing myself, worrying it would be one of many trips.

I'm feeling stronger and leaner I had some time to waste so stopped at a clothing store. There was this really cute juniors sweater with hearts all over it, but no XL. I picked up the large just for kicks, to see where I am. I almost fell over when it fit! For that alone, I just had to buy it! AND jump around in the fitting room like an idiot, then snap pictures because I was just so excited. Then I tried on a few misses large tops. They fit!

I came home and put a fitting room pic next to the pic I took the day before surgery... wow. It's barely over a month, but I can tell a difference in a couple of areas, mainly in my face. Then I went through my closet and dressers-- all plus-sized clothing has been purged! It's at the consignment shop and donated, out of my house and life forever I am wearing 14 pants with lots of room and some XL tops, but mostly L in the past couple of days. Before surgery, I was refusing to buy clothes that fit and clinging to my super tight 16W bottoms and 18/20 tops. You can see how small that shirt is fitting too! Let's see if this pic works:

1517606_10152150443406310_713720601_n.jpg

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

Last edited by Matrigna; 01-09-2014 at 08:17 AM..
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Alisa - You look absolutely great!! Congrats! Here's a little secret: This is just the tip of your iceberg! Wait until you see how great it gets!

Joyful - Ohhhhh, pouch test...I haven't thought about that in a while. I think I need to do something to realign myself. Not sure what though.

Heather - Ohhh, sports medicine. I never even thought of that. I'm going to have to look into what options I have. I would travel a few hours to find out some solutions to my problems with all this. Also, I like the idea of working out closer to when all my stupid eating tends to occur. As of today I am the owner of a pretty nice home treadmill, so I can walk at just about any time. It doesn't seem too loud to me, but it is close to the kids' bedrooms, so I won't be running at night, but walking is probably still an option. Thanks for that idea, too.

I do like to jog/run - its just the pain towards the end and after that is deterring me. I ate better today until I stupidly ended up with an iced coffee drink that I never should have had. I didn't think about how big it was or how sugary it would be - I only thought of the fact it was half-price. Dumb mistakes. That in mind, I vow to have nothing more than some Greek yogurt tonight if I get really hungry. I definitely need to crack down on myself.

Heather - Hang in there! I am planning a 4 mile walk on Saturday and probably 4.5 miles on Sunday or Monday. My 8K is on 1/25, so I have to really start with the longer walks more consistently. I'll be sore right along with you!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed this morning, up 1.5 pounds, but then, I hadn't pooped in the last few days so I'm hoping between that issue (now solved) and better eating all will be as it should be by next week. All of you ladies and your running are inspiring me. My daughter started a couch to 5k program while we were in Florida. I'm not sure I will ever be able to run, (or jog) because I have a really bad knee and intermitent issues with my ankles and plantar faciitis, but I was considering using her tape to power walk. Go at a decent pace, and then when the tape says to jog, speed walk as fast as I can with the goal of increasing my walking speed. I used to walk easily at a 4mph clip for great distances, now I would say I'm walking about 3mph. If I could sustain a 4 mph pace over a long time/distance, I would consider doing some 5Ks this spring and summer with my husband and daughter. What a change that would be... I have never been much of a athlete, but I was an active person in my 20s; hiking, swimming, walking, horseback riding, ice skating, cross country skiing and sailing. A lot of that slipped away over the years. Not too interested anymore in the cold outdoor sports (I tried to love winter, I really did ) and I don't own a horse anymore, but I would really like to get back to hiking.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #49

There's all kinds of c25k apps you can use too!
Old 01-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Went shopping at my favorite consignment store and bought a sexy little black dress. It's the kind of dress I always wanted back in the fatty days, fitted, sheer shoulders and sleeves (3/4 length so wobbly upper arms concealed but still fetching ) yeah all for $8.00 I also bought a to die for long winter coat, looks like mink, but is faux, so it's all good. I told my daughter I'll wear the dress, coat and the shoes I recently bought on clearance to stand in a rush line to get seriously discounted tickets for Evita and Cabaret which are coming to Minnesota next month. I call it my fabulous discount life.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #51

LOL Jesse that is awesome!

Hi everyone!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #52

T25 is awesome. I'm rocking it and loving it! 1 week down. Today was a double workout day - 2 videos. Tomorrow a 3 mile run, a baby shower for my sister and on Sunday a 5 mile slow run and I'm helping out with the c25k program in my new running club.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather, you said "baby shower" right after what you had to do for the day and I'm thinking, "Wow, they don't even let her take as long a shower as she wants?" LOL

Jesse - Congrats on your purchases. I have to admit, I don't go to stores like that often, so I don't think to do it. Also, the few times I did, I was "full-size," and they either didn't have anything or what they had was atrocious. I really need to go take a look.

Okay, Peeps, I am officially registered for the 8K. My DD15 has agreed to do it with me, too, so that will help me. She is in better shape than I am and runs faster, so I bet I will run a bit faster, too. Also, it is just a NSV I never thought I would have: to run (anywhere - but especially in a 5 mile race) with one of my kids. Very cool.

I am super duper struggling lately, so I went to my counselor - who I hadn't seen in at least half a year, probably longer. She listened to my tale of woe and then gave me a few pearls of wisdom to consider. One, my body has been through a tremendous amount of stress this last six months...and honestly, ever since before the WLS, too. Also, she showed me just how many responsibilities I do have...and I have no "barrier" or "cushioning" from them like I had in the past (fat). As a matter of fact, it is now - kinda - another issue - keeping that cushioning from returning. Couple all that with (lately) not really enjoying exercising (my new comfort...) and of course I am running (get that joke there...) back to emotional eating for comfort. Sometimes hearing it from someone else makes it all very clear.

So...I am eating much better, working out (2.0 mile walk/jog on Friday night and 3.75 walk/jog/run) yesterday in addition to a bunch of abdominal work, and I registered for the run for inspiration. Heather - I do think working out closer to that evil nighttime eating routine has made it easier to not eat. I have made a plan to just not eat anything other than a Greek yogurt or some sf pudding after about 8PM. Or I could have half a protein shake... So far, so good.

How is everyone today!?!?! Hope your day is a good one.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #54

I'm doing better than I have in a long time. If weight loss didn't motivate me anymore, borderline high blood sugar sure did. I'm in ketosis (Lmao tablet just auto corrected ketosis to Jesus because I'm using Swype and the letters are close to each other and I have to say it kinda does feel like a hallelujah moment Lmao) and my blood sugar has been steadily dropping and the fasting was 84 this morning vs 101 when I did the first fasting one.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Jesse: Congrats on scoring a great little black dress that sounds like it fits perfectly!

Heather: Wow. That's a jam-packed weekend for sure. I can only hope to work up to that kind of workout schedule!

You too, HT. sounds like you're really on track! That's great about the 8k. I do so much better when I have a real, set goal in mind.

And glad your sugar is dropping, Maryposa.

I'm out from under a sea of Christmas un-decorating and housecleaning. It's much nicer weather today so I'm getting ready to head out into the fresh air and get moving. I found a local meetup for doggy and me hiking. I joined! It's all day long hikes-- the real deal, all over the area. I need to miss the first one because it's on my son's birthday, but I'm going to do the next one. I joined a lady's walking group too-- start next saturday morning, and they venture all over too. Good way to learn the local trails and not be alone, lost, confused, or wussing out after the first couple of miles! I need to get my distance up, now that I have the basics down again.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Mary - So glad you're on track and doing so well! I also worry about blood sugar - diabetes runs strongly on my mom's side - as do weight issues, heart issues, etc... I want to avoid that if at all possible.

Alisa - Congrats on joining those groups! I was approached to join a running club, but I'm apprehensive. It meets at 7AM on Saturdays (1st strike) and I would be one of the weakest runners (2nd strike). Also, it is just me, but when I feel I "have" to do something I immediately start to not want to do it (strike 3). Frankly, even belonging to the gym is enough of a "need to do it" for me. Now if there was a walking group - just walking - I might drop in on them... See? I'm a waffler, and I need to not do that. Good for you, however!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Ohhh, I just went looking for the "What are we eating/doing" thread for January & I guess we don't have one? Well, I'll post it here - mostly because I'm feeling good about what I've been eating this weekend, which hasn't happened in a while for me:

Breakfast: Blueberry protein shake - vanilla protein powder (1.5 scoops) with soy milk (daughter tried it and hates the soy milk, so I'm using it up...), frozen blueberries, huckleberry flavored davinci sf syrup, and a dash of cinnamon with ice
Lunch: salad (you don't hear that from me very often!) with a hard-boiled egg, some ham lunchmeat (salty, I know, but probably barely an ounce only...), and a sprinkle of shredded cheese with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Snack: greek key lime-flavored yogurt
Proposed dinner: hamburger patty with a slice of cheese & some more salad
Night Snack: 1/2 protein shake or 1C sf jello pudding
Also: Lots of water

PS: I'm down .6 pounds from yesterday. I'll take it!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 01-12-2014 at 11:12 AM..
Old 01-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

It's a gorgeous day out there in northern VA. I jogged a little =) I will work on stepping that up.

I'm officially overweight and no longer obese! (I calculated my BMI today, to see where I am).

I'm finally tired of shrimp and salmon. Today marks the end of week 6, so I am at the final stage of the NUT's plan and can have real meat. I've heard that Wendy's chili is a perfect post op food. So I found a copycat recipe for it and that's simmering on my stove now. Quick and easy! My husband said it tastes like Wendy's... I haven't had it in years and years. I used organic fresh veggies and organic grass fed beef. It seemed a little thin so I sprinkled in some TVP for a bump in protein. And I used real beans. Before surgery, I would only eat black soybeans for beans, to keep the carbs down. At my 3-week post op visit, my surgeon insisted I should branch out with beans and that they are not "evil carbs." So i used the kidney and pinto beans called for in the recipe. What do you guys think about beans? Do you eat them while you are trying to lose weight? I've been low carbing since 2002. It's hard to wrap my head around them being okay.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #59

I eat beans daily. Chickpeas usually but others in different foods.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #60

Total of 7.32 miles today. 5.16 earlier for my long run. Then took Lucy out to a local c25k kickoff and she (we) did 2.16 miles. Plus I did T25 stretch today when I got home. I'm about to ice this knee!

Good day. Loved every minute of it!