Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrigna View Post
Mair, GOOD LUCK and hope all goes great!

The zip lining pics are great, Maryposa! Looks so fun, I would love to do that!

Heather, when's the race?

So, maybe it's not lactose. Ugh. Kept me up all last night. My surgeon has called in Flagyl and wants me to sip plenty of salty stuff. Hopefully, I'll be good soon!
That one is 3/29. That's 4 years post RNY to the day. It's a half marathon.

In the meantime I've got...

1/4 jiggle butt 5k (lol yes really!)
1/25 polar dash 10k
2/8 Hot chocolate 15k
2/22? Cowtown 10k
3/29 women rock half
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #92

Merry Chrismas everyone! I hope today finds you happy and healthy.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Merry Christmas everyone!! I am looking forward to this new year getting my mind right and my ass in gear.

Connie
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Amen, Connie! I am all about 2014!!! Any chance you'll be in the Tampa or SWFL area in the next week?

Merry Christmas, Everyone!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Hey HT you got a PM
Old 12-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
My dog has a real issue with food Okay, I have a yellow lab, aka a walking stomach. She had a crazy day yesterday when I went shopping... I thought I had secured all the treats, but apparently not. For someone without opposable thumbs she sure can get into things. Maybe she did me a favor by wiping out the leftover reeses bells? She is no worse for her crazy indulgences but I'll have my Dad take a look at her when he picks me up (he's a retired veternarian). Anyhow, I'm up 1.5 pounds, leaving on my roadtrip to Florida in about an hour. I hope to banish those pounds with lots of walking and many fewer treats to tempt me. Can't wait for some Florida sunshine
Old 12-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
That one is 3/29. That's 4 years post RNY to the day. It's a half marathon.

In the meantime I've got...

1/4 jiggle butt 5k (lol yes really!)
1/25 polar dash 10k
2/8 Hot chocolate 15k
2/22? Cowtown 10k
3/29 women rock half
Forgot I had two additional 5ks in March. I'm running (probably mostly walking) a Color Up 5k with a friend that I am totally excited to be doing this with. She's morbidly obese, her insurance doesn't cover WLS and she is losing weight slowly on her own. I'm super proud of her and can't wait! The other 5k is with a beginner runner that I've also inspired to get started and this will probably be her first official run. I LOVE things like this.

I've holiday slacked since taking the week off work. No running at all. I've committed, in black and white (via FB group) to showing up at 830 tomorrow morning to run 5 miles with people I've not met in person yet. There's a running group I (barely) run with and I've made it a 2014 intention to become more active with them on their runs. They seem like a great group, minus my most hated person in life who just started posting in there over the past few weeks.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Your running inspires me, Heather! You are also super busy with all that! Congrats on helping others, both in person and online!

I went to the gym again today. I used an elliptical machine for 30 minutes (1.6miles) and then walked/jogged another 1.5 miles. Felt good. Especially because the elliptical was a lot easier on my knees.

I have not had another cookie since I posted I wouldn't. I also threw away the remaining pies this morning. Why tempt myself or allow my kids to eat all that stuff. No one here needs it. Buh-bye!
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 190 / 174 (-18)
Old 12-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Your running inspires me, Heather! You are also super busy with all that! Congrats on helping others, both in person and online!

I went to the gym again today. I used an elliptical machine for 30 minutes (1.6miles) and then walked/jogged another 1.5 miles. Felt good. Especially because the elliptical was a lot easier on my knees.

I have not had another cookie since I posted I wouldn't. I also threw away the remaining pies this morning. Why tempt myself or allow my kids to eat all that stuff. No one here needs it. Buh-bye!
Wtg on the cookie abstinence! I avoid buying things that may trigger, even if it's for the family. They're big girls/boys. If they want junk they get it on their own all the time.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh....no, these were absolutely delicious homemade cookies and pies! I can resist almost any store-bought ones. My own baking is a far different matter! I'm just glad I won't be making any more any time soon.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 12-28-2013 at 10:25 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/155/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Hope everyone is having a peaceful holiday!

I get to officially start exercising beyond walking tomorrow! I'm going to start with at home aerobics and good old fashioned mat exercises since I'm so out of shape. And keep up with walking longer and farther, but with the dog, finally. She'll be so happy! I'm armed with Xbox one, with tons of free options on it, a new Zumba game, and Fitbit to help track it all.
Matrigna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #102

My 5 mile group run was fun (omg did I actually say that?) this morning. And I HEART my new UnderAmour cold gear running tights. I never want to take them off. Warm, light, comfy. Santa Hubby did good.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #103

*sigh*

IT band issues. I did my 5 mile run yesterday with no issues. Run one mile, walk one minute - that's what the group was doing. It was awesome. 3-4, maybe 5 hours after getting home and showered I started having soreness on the outside of my right knee. By evening it was difficult to walk! I had musical tickets (White Christmas) and I looked a sight trying to get up and down the stairs. I've stretched and rolled it out so much the side of my thigh feels bruised, and it's probably because I was off it all night while in bed, but it feels a bit better today. I can walk and the knee pain isn't as bad.

I have a challenging 6 mile run I was invited on tomorrow and there's a NYD 5, 10 or 15 mile run (I'd do 5) on Wednesday. I want to do both! I'm sure I SHOULDN'T do either, but I'm super stubborn. I'm going to see how I feel. I'll probably sit out at least one or the other. I really like the ladies doing the 6 mile run tomorrow so it's so hard

I'll see how I feel and take it easy.

Oh, I'm supposed to start a T25 Challenge group on the 6th too so I don't want to ruin my knee for that. Hubby got it for me for Christmas. Shakeology and all. I've yet to try that so I don't know how I feel about it. And tbh the meal plan they recommend using is not all that different from how I eat now! Just more of it of course. I HIGHLY doubt I can eat as much as they recommend 6 times a day. 1 whole egg with 6 egg whites?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather and I are IT band sisters! Too bad that's a BAD thing!

I'm still going to run the 8K, darn it! I'll limp around for a while, but what an accomplishment for me! My first husband left me for a marathon runner (little trivia for you all...), so every race I run - even every time I run a while - makes me smirk a bit. I'd like to send him an "after pic" with a big "KISS MY BOOTY" written on the back of it. He can have her and she is so welcome to him! He was a jerk, but I would still like to rub it all in a bit. And trust me, if I ever go back to where I used to live (its over a thousand miles from here, but still...) you better believe I will go parade past him and laugh at him...and run away!!! LOL
Old 12-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
I just wanted to say Happy New Year to my WLS sistas! I don't check in as often as I should or would LIKE but I'm still dealing with my moms health issues, among other things. Oh, and I am getting married in May so I need to get together! So, my plan is to remember myself in 2014. I feel like the past 2 years, have been dedicated to my mom quite a bit! I have found love...and I need to nurture myself and my relationship with him. We are getting married and may be trying to have a baby soon there after! So, I need to get myself in childbearing condition as well.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Years! :

Carbohydrates drive insulin, and insulin drives fat-Gary Taubes
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

HT - I did parade in front of my ex lol what
A great feeling !

HEATHER ! I saw your before and after pics wow
You look younger and not even like the same person WTG!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
Old 12-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post
I just wanted to say Happy New Year to my WLS sistas! I don't check in as often as I should or would LIKE but I'm still dealing with my moms health issues, among other things. Oh, and I am getting married in May so I need to get together! So, my plan is to remember myself in 2014. I feel like the past 2 years, have been dedicated to my mom quite a bit! I have found love...and I need to nurture myself and my relationship with him. We are getting married and may be trying to have a baby soon there after! So, I need to get myself in childbearing condition as well.

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Years! :
You HAVE been away a while! Congratulations!!! So excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
HT - I did parade in front of my ex lol what
A great feeling !

HEATHER ! I saw your before and after pics wow
You look younger and not even like the same person WTG!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE
Thanks! I've come a LONG way and work hard to stay here!
Old 12-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #108

I did a 6.something mile run this morning called The Jabberwocky. Oh. My. Gosh. were there hills! And my IT band is still being a pain in the, well, knee. I'm stubborn. 5 miles tomorrow then rest. I promise!

10 pounds down since December 1st. Running helps, but it's mainly diet. Cutting out the unnecessaries. The running just amped up recently and took off the last 5.

I start my T25 challenge next week to tone things up and lose the last bit of fat.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Heather, I hope your knee feels worlds better today!

HT, I'd smile all the way to the finish line! Good luck training!

I love your resolutions, Angel! Happy New Year!

I hope all of you have a wonderful and peaceful New Years holiday! I'm going to finish out the year with my first gym visit in forever-- hydrating now-- and hopefully shellfish! I could go for some shrimp right about now! I've been eating salmon and veggies for 2-1/2 day's worth of meals. I found myself at a hibachi grill on Sunday and took most home. I thought I'd never eat that salmon filet!

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Old 12-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #110

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
HI friends. Happy New Year. I've been so busy with working full time now. Doing great with my food/protein still. Now 2014 will be my year to get consistent with my walking and dare I dream---maybe jogging eventually? Hope you have a great holiday.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #111

I had a dose of reality just now. A good dose. Someone posed a question on where were you 12/21/2012 vs 12/31/2014... totally unrelated to weight. But I thought hmmm.... so I pulled up my Withings log and it made me happy. The YEAR itself has been up and down with my accident and slacking on workouts and losing Molly, but OVERALL it's been a good year.

12/31/2012 I was 145.8 and a size 4.
12/31/2014 I am 148.5 and a size 4.

I call that successful maintenance. Less than a 3 pound difference.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrigna View Post
Heather, I hope your knee feels worlds better today!
It would if I hadn't run 6 painfully hilly miles this morning!

And if I don't run the 5 (7?) I plan tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Quote:
I had a dose of reality just now. A good dose. Someone posed a question on where were you 12/21/2012 vs 12/31/2014... totally unrelated to weight. But I thought hmmm.... so I pulled up my Withings log and it made me happy. The YEAR itself has been up and down with my accident and slacking on workouts and losing Molly, but OVERALL it's been a good year.

12/31/2012 I was 145.8 and a size 4.
12/31/2014 I am 148.5 and a size 4.

I call that successful maintenance. Less than a 3 pound difference.
awesome!
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It would if I hadn't run 6 painfully hilly miles this morning!

And if I don't run the 5 (7?) I plan tomorrow.
I was posting the same time as you before-- in that case, I hope your knee behaves. I know running takes dedication, but i hope I have even half of your motivation, dedication, and perseverance, getting myself back into shape!

That's amazing and huge congrats on the year! Two years ago today? I was 238.9 lbs and in the middle of fighting thyroid cancer into remission, battling chronic hives, adrenal exhaustion, and feeling miserable. This next year is my gift to myself, and I'm going to do my very best to be healthier and happier than back then!

Last edited by Matrigna; 12-31-2013 at 03:38 PM..