Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
WLS Wagon ~ November

I like it better when someone else starts the thread like Heather or Maryposa because they put in cool graphics and stuff I'm not very techie, but hey! it's November 3rdm so time for a new thread!

Survived Halloween temptations by leaving my teenage son to hand out the candy (that I bought on the way home) and going to a happy hour and ghost talk at a historic mansion in our city. While there I enjoyed a grown up treat of some great cheese, olives and a glass of wine Much better to log in my food tracker than millions of fun size candy bars.

goals for November: weighing and tracking everyday. It's the mainstay of my maintenace plan.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I survived my 3 Day weekend. I'm sure I'm holding 10 pounds of fluid from all the electrolyte solution I have to drink. All the salt we have to consume. All the fluids I have to drink. It'll take a week or so to get it all off. But it was an awesome weekend overall.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
I have been been doing kickboxing. I love it! I have been going for a month now, I started out three times a week but I haven't seen any change in my body yet so I am going to step it up to four times a week. My focus isn't so much losing weight but to burn bodyfat and tone up. I don't know if it is possible to do it though without weight loss.

I have a co-worker who has run 13 marathons and is a level three coach whatever that means so she is going to train me and I am going to run the Chicago Marathon next year with her! I am really excited about this. One of my dreams was to run a marathon. I am going to start my couch 25k this week in earnest.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

You ladies make my "work extra activity into each day" plan seem a little weak.

So I just took a big swig of chai latte and my sleeve gurgled ~ it sounded like a Wookie! Wish I could get it to do that on command. Gastric sleeve = weight loss and entertainment! Who knew?
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
You ladies make my "work extra activity into each day" plan seem a little weak.

So I just took a big swig of chai latte and my sleeve gurgled ~ it sounded like a Wookie! Wish I could get it to do that on command. Gastric sleeve = weight loss and entertainment! Who knew?
Jesse, I just do it! When my alarm goes off at 4:45 I groan but I make my feet hit the floor and go

I could go later in the day but I love getting home just as everyone is getting up and knowing I already got an hour of exercise in.

My goal is to get 15,000 steps in a day but for November I am shooting for 25,000 twice a week. I hit 25,000 one day last week and it felt amazing.

Tomorrow I do a 5:30 am kickboxing class and later in the day I am going to start my couch 25k.

I am guilty of having conversations when my sleeve talks to me

Last edited by Chrissykin; 11-04-2013 at 04:35 PM..
Old 11-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I have been been doing kickboxing. I love it! I have been going for a month now, I started out three times a week but I haven't seen any change in my body yet so I am going to step it up to four times a week. My focus isn't so much losing weight but to burn bodyfat and tone up. I don't know if it is possible to do it though without weight loss.

I have a co-worker who has run 13 marathons and is a level three coach whatever that means so she is going to train me and I am going to run the Chicago Marathon next year with her! I am really excited about this. One of my dreams was to run a marathon. I am going to start my couch 25k this week in earnest.
Totally doable! They only require you finish in under 6 hours 30 minutes and 59 seconds so that's between a 14 and 15 mm pace. You got this!

Quote:
Jesse, I just do it! When my alarm goes off at 4:45 I groan but I make my feet hit the floor and go

I could go later in the day but I love getting home just as everyone is getting up and knowing I already got an hour of exercise in.

My goal is to get 15,000 steps in a day but for November I am shooting for 25,000 twice a week. I hit 25,000 one day last week and it felt amazing.

Tomorrow I do a 5:30 am kickboxing class and later in the day I am going to start my couch 25k.

I am guilty of having conversations when my sleeve talks to me
Ditto. You just have to get up and do it. Once you have the decision and start the momentum you pretty much just follow through.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Gee Ladies... Not only was I a bonehead for not realizing there was a new thread until now, but I feel almost silly telling you all about my meager 5K registration today. It is a start for me (and my always mad-at-me knees) but I will just go out and do my best. I have to start somewhere and this helps keep me in line with both eating and exercising. Kudos to all of us for the positive things we are doing!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Gee Ladies... Not only was I a bonehead for not realizing there was a new thread until now, but I feel almost silly telling you all about my meager 5K registration today. It is a start for me (and my always mad-at-me knees) but I will just go out and do my best. I have to start somewhere and this helps keep me in line with both eating and exercising. Kudos to all of us for the positive things we are doing!
There is nothing meager about a 5k! I am so excited for you
Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Most of my races are 5ks and some of them are more of a struggle than the longer ones! No meager anything! Way to go! Which one are you doing?
Old 11-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks, Ladies!

I'm not sure if it will let me post the link but here it is: Strides for Scholarships 5K Walk/Run | ACTIVE It benefits the local kids around here...

I jogged/walked a little over 2 miles today in 30 minutes. I had been down to about 14 minute miles, but I am still working back to that. My right knee gets tricky - actually sometimes bothers me less when I'm running versus walking... I'll be extra careful with it in the next 2 weeks, but I obviously have to keep walking/jogging to prepare.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Thanks, Ladies!

I'm not sure if it will let me post the link but here it is: Strides for Scholarships 5K Walk/Run | ACTIVE It benefits the local kids around here...

I jogged/walked a little over 2 miles today in 30 minutes. I had been down to about 14 minute miles, but I am still working back to that. My right knee gets tricky - actually sometimes bothers me less when I'm running versus walking... I'll be extra careful with it in the next 2 weeks, but I obviously have to keep walking/jogging to prepare.
Try a Galloway method. It's a consistent run/walk marathon training that actually kept me at a somewhat consistent pace in my 10k. You choose your ratio and stay with it. It helped me most mentally when I WANTED to walk but then saw I had a walk interval coming up in 1 minute anyway. .. I used a 3:1 ratio which corresponds to about a 10mm. My run intervals were 8.5 to 9mm and my walk ratios averaged it all to 10, 10.5. No way I could have kept it at that pace otherwise. Give it a try.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #12

I'm doing another 10k on Thanksgiving. Entry fee is a toy donation! It's a country Turkey trot. Local. I'm going to gives it a shot to try to break my 1:11.50. I need to do some hill repeats and speed training!
Old 11-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #13

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 1Life2Live
Stats: 389~379~175(150)
Just stopping by
1Life2Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll try that, Heather. Thanks! Good luck on your trot, too! We have a few of those here, but since I already signed up for this one I'll stick to it right now. If all goes well I think there's another 5K in January. I'll probably do that one, too. Just no running/races in the summer - here it is just way too hot.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #16

Quote:
I'll try that, Heather. Thanks! Good luck on your trot, too! We have a few of those here, but since I already signed up for this one I'll stick to it right now. If all goes well I think there's another 5K in January. I'll probably do that one, too. Just no running/races in the summer - here it is just way too hot.
Here too! There are a few in the summer, but they are "summer-related" like water runs, etc and they are EARLY in the morning! Except of course the Hotter Than H%^& Half lol which is SUPPOSED to be hot! Race season is pretty much Fall-Spring here. I try to do one a month in the summer if I can find them, but I REALLY stack them up over the cooler months.

Speaking of races, I think I'm going to have to back out of my obstacle mud run. I pulled/tore something in my shoulder yesterday and I just don't think I will be able to use it without further injury by Saturday. I'm supposed to volunteer in the morning and run in the afternoon. There's a local 5k benefitting a kid that is trying to raise money for a service dog that morning so if I do back out (99% sure I will the way my shoulder feels!) then I will run that instead. I iced it all last night. Hurts to hold weight in that arm, hurts to raise it over my head, move it across my body, etc. If it were JUST a mud run I'd be okay, but it's an obstacle course too... I really wanted to do one too!
Old 11-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Hey everyone! Just thought I would pop in. Hoping to finish off the year strong...and back down to my lowest weight. Or at least close! Hope everyone is well. HT????? So scary-my mom had those ulcers too... hope you are feeling better.
ANGELFIRE80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think something is wrong with me....

This is my fourth week straight of kickboxing and I am craving more and more exercise! I have given up two shifts at work this week so I can workout. NEVER in a million years would I have thought this would happen. I am a glorified couch potato. I feel myself getting stronger, my moods have changed and I my energy is getting better every day.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 11-07-2013 at 05:49 AM..
Old 11-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #19

Quote:
I think something is wrong with me....

This is my fourth week straight of kickboxing and I am craving more and more exercise! I have given up two shifts at work this week so I can workout. NEVER in a million years would I have thought this would happen. I am a glorified couch potato. I feel myself getting stronger, my moods have changed and I my energy is getting better every day.
Ha! No. I've said all along, if you hate to workout then you haven't found what's right for you!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #20

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
And I'm down another pound today, 109 total. Woohoo.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! Congrats, ladies! Learning to like exercise is a great help to managing your weight.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 1Life2Live
Stats: 389~379~175(150)
I saw my PCP yesterday and she thinks I may have arthritis in my knees. I go in tomorrow for xrays on them. I hope this will help get my denial overturned.

Also dealing with a terrible sinus and ear infection. Gee fun!! NOT.
1Life2Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #23

Key term - degenerative joint disease! Have you been tested for apnea? What birth weights were your babies if you have any?
Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #24

Family history of heart disease or diabetes?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #25

Things just got real. My 2014 goal was to run a half marathon (en route to my next goal AFTER that to run a full). Guess what I just registered for? OMG. Scared to death!

I was debating between the Dallas Rock & Roll half on 3/23 which I have always wanted to do and always thought would be my one. THEN I caught wind of the Women Rock Texas series on 3/29 - there's a 5k, 10k or half.

Initially I thought I'll run the Dallas half, then do a 5k or 10k on the WRT the following weekend. I'd be pushing it, but could probably do it (hey, I walked the 60 mile walk at over 150# overweight - that's back to back to back 20 milers!) and just be beat for a while.

THEN I realized the date of the WRT. 3/29. That's the date of my surgery. It will be 4 years. I registered IMMEDIATELY. All $102 of it lol, and that's with a first day discount! It will be worth it. I'll save the Dallas R&R for my full the following year.

Guys, keep me on this. I have not quite 5 months to get from 6.2 miles to 13.1. I can do it, I just have to stay motivated to keep up the training. The half course is open for 3.5 hours which is a little over a 16mm so that HAS to be my bare minimum pace. I usually average about 10 on 5k and 11-12 on 10k (my whole ONE to judge from). So I can do this in under the 3.5 hour limit.

Ack!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Went shopping again But instead of my usual scouring the clearance racks (which I did too ) I treated myself to some retail priced items (well retail in that they were doorbusters and I had a coupon) I had so few sweaters, and being I live in Minnesota and now have significantly less body fat, I NEED sweaters. I bought things I only really, really loved. I think I should be good for awhile. Bought 2 more pairs of size 8 pants, one of them was corderoy with no lycra . Oh, and a great discovery at dress barn, they have really decent shapewear for a good price, I bought a cami that gos over my stomach but doesn't squish my boobs for $18.00 (minus my 25% off coupon) Got rid of the muffin top as well as the more expensive shapewear I tried on. Hence the non stretch size 8 cords. Going to wear some of my new clothes to a party tonight ~ they can help remind me why I need to eat reasonably.

Last edited by Jesse; 11-09-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather - Wow! Great for you! You are the first person I could think of who is ready to do this!

Jesse - Great shopping trip and I totally agree with non-stretch clothing. It is just way too easy to let pounds creep on when your clothes give too much.

I walked and jogged about 4 miles today in preparation for the 5K next weekend. I have been going from 8AM til just now - about 11 hours later. I could never have done this 3 years ago. Yesterday was my 3 year surgiversary. I'm not exactly where I want to be weight-wise or heath-wise, but I'm moving in the right direction.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Heather - Wow! Great for you! You are the first person I could think of who is ready to do this!

Jesse - Great shopping trip and I totally agree with non-stretch clothing. It is just way too easy to let pounds creep on when your clothes give too much.

I walked and jogged about 4 miles today in preparation for the 5K next weekend. I have been going from 8AM til just now - about 11 hours later. I could never have done this 3 years ago. Yesterday was my 3 year surgiversary. I'm not exactly where I want to be weight-wise or heath-wise, but I'm moving in the right direction.
4 miles in PREP for a 5k? That's 1.3 times a 5k. You got this!
Old 11-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, I maybe jogged half of it - a little walking, a little jogging. I just wanna finish and not be last... I'm hoping the adrenaline of actually being there will help me go faster.

Heather - Because of you, I'm already thinking about a 10K - if I could walk a lot of it and/or work on more jogging, less walking. You are truly an inspiration!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #30

Quote:
Well, I maybe jogged half of it - a little walking, a little jogging. I just wanna finish and not be last... I'm hoping the adrenaline of actually being there will help me go faster.

Heather - Because of you, I'm already thinking about a 10K - if I could walk a lot of it and/or work on more jogging, less walking. You are truly an inspiration!
Jeff Galloway. He's an ultra runner who run/walks. His method is used by a lot of runners. You decrease your walk intervals as you increase stamina. But the consistent PLANNED walk breaks keep you physically and mentality going. When you know you can walk every x minutes you can push through another minute or two more. I used it for my 10k and will for my half training.