s - Apple with pb
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Lol, here goes!

Mint cookie protein pre-run, followed by whole wheat pb crackers.
100 cal cocoa roasted almonds about mile 3.5 for fuel
bag of salty pretzels post run
bottle of water
bottle of electrolyte drink (sf)
diet snapple
protein drink
1/3 cup raisins pretty much

That's it. I'm about to have another bottle of electrolyte drink followed by some tea. Unsure about dinner, son wants to go to to Buffalo Wild Wings - in which case it will be a salad of some sort with naked skinless boneless wings on it perhaps. If it's mexican then fajita fixins.

Burned 720 this morning in my 10k lol.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
So I noticed that Walmart now carries PB2 (peanut butter powder?) I might buy some to add to chocolate protein shake, but I don't have them very often. anybody else use this product? Any suggestions for recipes?
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
So I noticed that Walmart now carries PB2 (peanut butter powder?) I might buy some to add to chocolate protein shake, but I don't have them very often. anybody else use this product? Any suggestions for recipes?
I buy it but can't use it all before it expires or goes bad. I just don't use it enough. I INTEND to lol but never do. Some ppl swear by it. It IS good mixed with yogurt on apples as a dip but I stear clear of dairy lately.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #65

It's 0825 and I'm sitting here in the training lab where I was supposed to have two nurses to train - and yet no one has shown up. I did get an email from a manager about ONE of them, but the second... nowhere in sight. I'm on the clock so I'll just sit here and work on my computer for a bit and see if they show up... I just emailed the education coordinator and she's out on PTO so I have no idea if they were even told the correct time. Our usual HR person who always coordinates these things is out on medical leave too.

I'm surprisingly NOT sore at all from my six mile run yesterday and even more surprisingly I can't wait until I have time to get out and see what else this body can do!

I've picked out a half marathon and it's in March 2014. It's totally doable for me to train up to that distance. I mean, really. I never thought I could do the 6 but once I got past a certain point it was all just keeping my feet moving in a forward direction!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #66

Oops!

This is what I actually came in here to post but got sidetracked...

B - mint cookie protein
L - chicken, tomato, avocado, chickpeas, snap peas, hummus
s - mint cookie protein or apple w/pb
D - who knows

To do - either a yoga class if I get off in time to try this new place, some Insanity because I need to break that back out again, or a 3 mile run...
Old 10-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #67

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Drum roll please: I am at a new low again. Now have lost 107 pounds!!!! Slow but still coming off. Now with working full time, I eat even less than when at home.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Drum roll please: I am at a new low again. Now have lost 107 pounds!!!! Slow but still coming off. Now with working full time, I eat even less than when at home.
Congrats!!! Isn't working great! I only eat what I bring (and am never hungry for more) when I'm at work. But get me home it's a whole new ball game!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #69

B - mint cookie protein
L - chicken, chickpeas, tomato, avocado, snap peas, hummus
s - mint cookie or apple w/pb
D - no idea!!!

Workout today - 4 mile run. It's raining so it might be a gym run or an indoor insanity workout.

I tried a new yoga studio last night - loved it. I sweated like a PIG because it was so HOT in there. My studio has changed too much it's not a good fit anymore. I may consider changing over... only problem is... it's the same studio my most hated person in the world uses. Whom, by the way, I saw FIRST thing in the bathroom at the 10k race Sunday morning.

The ultimate cure for constipation by the way...? Oversleeping and running late to a race!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
Congrats Chewie!

Heather, do you cook the chickpeas and snap peas? How much of each?
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Congrats!!! Isn't working great! I only eat what I bring (and am never hungry for more) when I'm at work. But get me home it's a whole new ball game!
It is good for not having time to do anything like eat or go to the ladies' room. I forgot to have my breakfast today cause I was so busy. And I had no fruit to bring so all I had was some chicken breast but might splurge and have that chocolate shake later if I get hungry. I also have a Pure protein bar but it has so many calories. Of course, there is Halloween candy everywhere but I'm staying away. This is day number 4 of work and I haven't succumbed yet. Someone even baked some mini cups with reese's in them on Friday. OMG---I would have loved one of those in the old days. Not anymore though.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #72

I have to stop at the grocery store on my way home today. How do you full time working moms do it all? I was so tired last night, it was hard to stay up till 10 pm. Also, we're supposed to get torrential rains later and tomorrow and I don't even own an umbrella. I have about a block to walk from the parking lot to my building. I'm going to be one drenched person.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #73

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I'm super bloated and have a pounding headache... fun stuff.

B - SF Gingerbread latte (I feel ridiculous that I keep drinking this hehe)
S - None today, all I have is seaweed and I am not feeling it
L - Chicken salad
S - Pineapple greek yogurt
D - a small chicken breast with skin on
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mair View Post
Congrats Chewie!

Heather, do you cook the chickpeas and snap peas? How much of each?
No, I love raw veggies. I RARELY eat cooked food unless it's meat. Here's what I eat - remember I'm 3 years and 7 months (to the exact DAY) post op:

1.5 oz grilled boneless skinless chicken, cold and sliced
1/4 tomato, sliced
1/4 avocado, sliced
55g canned (rinsed) cold chickpeas (it's about 1/4 cup according to the can)
12-15 raw snap peas (I get the bagged ones from the produce section)
28g (2 tbsp) spicy red pepper hummus to dip snaps in

All told it's about 1 to 1 1/4 cup total volume.

Quote:
OMG---I would have loved one of those in the old days. Not anymore though.
Um... one? I would have eaten them ALL!!!!

Quote:
How do you full time working moms do it all?
Just do. And then on top of that you have to make time for YOUR stuff - exercise, shopping, reading, SHOWERING You just get it all in. I had to have a talk with my son today about all his last minute staying after school, causing me to make an extra trip into town unplanned. That makes me late on runs, miss yoga, burn gas... but it's the missed workouts that really get me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
B - SF Gingerbread latte (I feel ridiculous that I keep drinking this hehe)
Coming from someone (me) who is a creature of habit... keep drinking away!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #75

3.12 mile run after work. Was going to make it a 4 mile, but it was sweaty and I'm off tomorrow so I'll do it in the morning when it's less sweaty. AND I'm hopefully more hydrated!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Fitting everything in is tough - and if you don't make yourself a priority you find yourself never exercising - at least that's what happens to me. My DD15 has also started having these last-minute issues that cause me to have to cut exercise short or miss it all together. Not cool & I just will not tolerate it.

Went to my family doctor today and it was interesting. After the initial questions she asked me when I was going to go back to work. I said I'd already been back all last week and this week. She looked at me like I had two heads! I guess I am doing far better than some people do maybe... I guess I could have opted to take more time off for all this but in my job if I am not there for a month I lose all control and everything is messed up for months. It wasn't worth it. That and no money! I swear, here in Florida I think most doctors just have a lot of patients who don't work (retired people, mostly), so she didn't even consider I might need to work. O.o

I am in awe of you, Heather, and all that running. Congrats to you on all of the races. I walked/jogged three miles on Sunday and only just now are my knees on speaking terms with me again. I want to run, but my knees are really telling me no. What can I do to help stop that pain? Anything?

Jesse - I use the powdered peanut butter. Mostly I mix it into protein shakes. My Walmart only has the chocolate kind, however, so I didn't get it and I'm currently out until my next Netrition order.

All the posted menus show me that I simply eat too much. I have to cut back. I have to pre-portion and also have to not start eating as soon as I feel one pang of hunger. The doc today says don't worry about the old "feed an ulcer" saying - it is okay to be hungry sometimes.

I'm kinda frustrated because each doctor tells me something else. To worry about certain foods - then next one says don't worry. One says take this vitamin or supplement, the next says don't do that - it is too tough on your stomach. I wish I could get all of them together at one table and we could end up with some kind of document that has a current and future plan of action for me healthwise. Frustrating!

I read what you girls are saying and am sitting here applauding all your efforts. I will try to post more - maybe something I say will help some of you sometimes. I'm just kinda swamped, frustrated, and a bit depressed/overwhelmed. I'm also a bit anxious that something else could happen to me. Not in a good place right now in my head. I won't give up, though, and I will get through this.
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 188 / 174 (-20)

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 10-29-2013 at 09:42 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #77

HT--sending hugs. Be kind to yourself, you have been through a lot.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Not cool & I just will not tolerate it.
That was basically the gyst of the conversation we had. Today I have nothing to do after work (just meet someone to sell them something lol) so he texted to ask if it was okay and it I had something. That was better. We'll see how long it lasts!

Quote:
I am in awe of you, Heather, and all that running. Congrats to you on all of the races. I walked/jogged three miles on Sunday and only just now are my knees on speaking terms with me again. I want to run, but my knees are really telling me no. What can I do to help stop that pain? Anything?
My knees are shot, but honestly with the right form and the right pair of shoes they really give me little to no pain. There are times they do, and surprisingly it's shorter distances! The 6 miles gave me no knee trouble at all! Once I get past the first few miles it's downhill mentally. I kept saying "okay, that's the halfway point" and "alright, less than two miles now" and "only 1 miles left" and finally "this is the last half mile". It worked.

Quote:
All the posted menus show me that I simply eat too much. I have to cut back. I have to pre-portion and also have to not start eating as soon as I feel one pang of hunger. The doc today says don't worry about the old "feed an ulcer" saying - it is okay to be hungry sometimes.
Who are you comparing yourself to? And why? I know people who eat twice what I do at my length post op, and I know people who still eat like a bird. I don't think it's quantity you need to worry about, but look more at quality. I think you'll actually find you'll be satisfied with less and you'll be hitting your protein and calorie marks with more food. I get that about "feeding an ulcer". My ulcer pain was relieved temporarily with eating, so I wanted to eat...

Quote:
I read what you girls are saying and am sitting here applauding all your efforts. I will try to post more - maybe something I say will help some of you sometimes. I'm just kinda swamped, frustrated, and a bit depressed/overwhelmed. I'm also a bit anxious that something else could happen to me. Not in a good place right now in my head. I won't give up, though, and I will get through this.
Please do. I find merit in your posts and I like reading them. Things will get better, they have to!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #79

B - SF Gingerbread Latte
S - 1 oz Cheese and some dried stir-fried tiny anchovies
L - BBQ Chicken Salad (pre-portioned)
S - Pineapple Greek Yogurt (that I did not end up eating yesterday)
D - I dunno... maybe beef merlot with broccoli
Old 10-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #80

I'm thinking of doing a few weeks of liquids / soft foods because I am worried about my esophagus. I read that esophageal dilation can be corrected with a few weeks on a liquid diet. I am just worried I will always go back to eating too fast. I don't eat too much just not slow enough and I think I still don't chew enough. When I eat with others I am totally the slow poke at the table but sheesh... that is still too fast for my sleeve.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #81

https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/w...le-2013-a.html
Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #82

I'm mixing things up a bit. I guess the biggest change is drinking. I'm not drinking enough water - I've been drinking a ton of tea with splenda. A yoga instructor recommended cranberry water to help flush out the liver and detox from the tea/sweetener. I'll give it a shot. Only caveat is the pure 100% juice is $6 a bottle and is extremely bitter! I'm supposed to do 1oz cranberry to 7oz water - a total of 64 oz a day. We'll see. I need to increase water, but if I won't drink it then it's defeating the purpose!

B - hardboiled eggs x 2 (a change from my usual mint cookie)
L - chicken breast, tomato, chickpeas (a few), snap peas, I don't remember what all I put in there but no avocado and no hummus today.
s - apple or orange, maybe mint cookie protein
D - I need to find a good recipe for ground beef. I thawed some out yesterday but didn't feel like cooking

Half marathon training plan calls for Stretch and Strengthen so yoga it is! This is what this week calls for.

Mon - Stretch & strengthen
Tue - 3 m run
Wed - 2 m run or cross
Thurs - 3 m run + strength
Fri - Rest
Sat - 30 min cross
Sun - 4 m run