Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #1

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
WLS Wagon - October 2013

WOW!!!! It's October! The year is 3/4 of the way through. I have a goal to lose 12lb before 2014. Anyone else want to share a goal?
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
I really want to be @ 150 by my birthday, first week of Dec..
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
My 3 year surgiversary is 11/8 (I think...). By then I am going to try to weigh no more than 189 (-200). By 1/1/14 I am going to work at weighing no more than 182 (-207).

Heather - How about running in honor of Molly...maybe think of it as what she'd want you to do. Get a new playlist and go a different route. Just an idea...

Had to take a day off so DD9 could have IV sedation to fix 4 cavities. Sounds extreme, but trust me when I tell you that little girl truly couldn't handle it the "regular" way. We tried. Glad it is over - but my wallet is bone dry (and it is only 10/1!). Add to that super stress from work (only 15K papers left to grade...) and the stress of having a 15 year old DD...and about ten other stressful situations going on in my life has me pulling out what little hair I have left. I will get through all this but it is going to take some doing.

Let's hear other goals please!!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
HT Just breath (((HUGS)))
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: awlass
Stats: 385 / 375.8 / 194.4 / 150
WOE: RNY
Start Date: 10/20/11 RNY 05/15/2012
Hey ladies!! Long time no see!
My pc died on me, so I have been kinda MIA. Those of you who have me on FB may have seen some updates, but I have to post some official ones here =D
And those of you who dont, have me on fb, inbox me your details and I'll add you!!

I moved back to Alaska in the beginning of July. My parents needed help, so I came home.

I am 16.5 months out of my RnY, and I have been maintaining an average weight of 217 for the last 6 months. I am right now bouncing between 215 and 211 >_< But the important thing is that Im comfortable with my body and lifestyle as it is, for the moment. Im sure that once I find a way to get out of the fast food business (Im assistant manager at Subway, so I practically live there), I'll start being more into the home-cooked meals and such. As it is, I pretty much eat subway all of the time. Yes, I know the bread is bad, but I'd much rather eat a little bread (I rip out the stuffing) and maintain my weight, and enjoy what i eat; than eat nasty salads that I cant stand, and lose a few more pounds, while being miserable. Its a fair trade to me.

Ive started jogging again, when I have the energy. My fastest mile when I was in the gym in Texas was 16:47. Last week, I just out of the blue decided to go for a jog after work, and pulled a 16:40 mile!! The day after, again after work, and sore as hell(!!!!), I got my little brother to go jogging with me and motivated me to do the mile in only 16:04!! Needless to say, I was even more sore the next day, but very proud of myself. Next time I know I can get a 15:** mile.

My kids still are in Tunisia with their grandma. I have the money to go see them in March, Im just waiting to hear what dates they will be on spring break, so I can plan accordingly. Theyre getting so darned big!!!

Here's some pics to share. Before and afters, and a few bonus of the babies

I think this was close to my highest:

1 year post op:

Now:

Babies!! Their facial expressions are the darnedest!

Highest 386/ Pre-op 375.8/Current 194.4/Goal 150
awlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hey Awlass, good to see you. I was wondering what happened to you. Good job on maintaining. Great pics. Love the pics of your kids. Tunisia, huh? Wow, that's pretty far away. So are you in Texas or Alaska now?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #7

October goals, huh? I am terrible at goals. I don't like setting them and seems like I rarely meet them. I guess I just suck. I'll be 10 months out tomorrow and still stuck at my current weight which is around 205--100 lbs lost. No matter what I eat or do, I am stuck. I know Heather said she had a long stall at 9 months so maybe that's what it is. I'm really struggling with things right now. No job, oldest ds withdrew from college--no money, things suck.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #8

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'll be 10 months out tomorrow and still stuck at my current weight which is around 205--100 lbs lost. No matter what I eat or do, I am stuck.
Not stuck, stalled. Patience is key, you are still WELL within your "magic" losing window.

Having said that, has anything slipped in lately that shouldn't have? More sugar? More sodium? More processed carbs? Stalls are normal and natural, but you can break them by finding the right combo.

Are you eating enough calories? Mine was broken when I upped, believe it or not.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
OK Girls ! my goal is to lose 10lbs in 6 weeks. and another 10 by Christmas. This is going to take a lot of work I know but, I have a better chance of actually doing this , If I declare my intentions to the world LOL!
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #10

Yesterday while job searching, I somehow got a horrible looping virus. It totally disabled my profile. I couldn't even do a restore. Unbelievable. It's not hard enough to have to search but now I have more problems. YUCK. I'm on dh's profile right now until we take it to get it fixed or something. Sometimes life is so freaking hard.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Yesterday while job searching, I somehow got a horrible looping virus. It totally disabled my profile. I couldn't even do a restore. Unbelievable. It's not hard enough to have to search but now I have more problems. YUCK. I'm on dh's profile right now until we take it to get it fixed or something. Sometimes life is so freaking hard.
Sorry you are having such a hard time lately. I hope it turns around soon.
Jesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

non scale fail?

So we have our NSV s and I celebrate them all, but today I had a NSF. I got my flu shot today and it hurt so much more than when my arm was big and plump. Back in the day I never felt a thing. So one fail to approximately 1,000,000 victories. I like my odds for the future
Jesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #13

LOL Jesse that was too funny.

Chewie, I am so sorry about your rough patch
Old 10-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 1Life2Live
Stats: 389~379~175(150)
Hi everyone...have not been on in a few weeks. So my goal is to have my approval letter back that says I get to start the WLS process. My insurance lady at my doctors office sent my paperwork in to the insurance company today!!! I am so excited.
1Life2Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #15

Goal - maintain 140's.
Goal - back to yoga 3x a week.
Goal - allow myself to run. It's not wrong to want to. She's gone.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
LOL Jesse that was too funny.

Chewie, I am so sorry about your rough patch
Thanks. I think I fixed it, fingers crossed. I really need to find a job though. It's hard not to be discouraged.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Goal - maintain 140's.
Goal - back to yoga 3x a week.
Goal - allow myself to run. It's not wrong to want to. She's gone.
Hugs
Old 10-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #18

I forgot if I mentioned this goal or not.... I am pretending I don't have a car as much as possible lol... I am aiming for 7+ miles walked per day... doesn't have to be all at once. Yesterday I got to 8 miles. I walked to work and back, walked my dog 4X and walked to the post office and back.

The only problem is I am struggle with perfectionism/extremism/OCD, and 7 miles might start out as something I aim for... but then I get to 8, and think why not 10? Then before you know it, "7" is not satisfactory, not good enough. Instead of something to aim for it becomes failure. I will try to keep it in check.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/138/120
Hi everyone.

Awlass, you look fantastic!

I am hanging in there, excited, impatient, and nervous, all at the same time =) I've been reading everything I can, the good, the bad, and the ugly. And I just watched a laparoscopic RNY surgery on YouTube-- yikes-- if that doesn't put taking surgery seriously into perspective, I don't know what would.

This week, tomorrow actually, I have my first support group meeting through my bariatric group. It's a drive, but I'm probably switching to a very local group I found right after. I'm so excited I found one that's literally a five minute drive from my house!

Also, I was able to move my 2nd dietician appt up one week, to mid-Oct! One more to go, after that! And then I'll have finally worked my way through the list of requirements!

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #20

I am finally losing again. I am at my lowest at 2 pounds from the 100s.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
Looking good Awless!

So excited that cooler weather is upon us finally. I have 1 more nutrition appointment then I can do the preop diet. Just praying that they didn't find anything when they did a biopsy during my endoscopy.

What is the best protein shakes?
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mair View Post
Looking good Awless!

So excited that cooler weather is upon us finally. I have 1 more nutrition appointment then I can do the preop diet. Just praying that they didn't find anything when they did a biopsy during my endoscopy.

What is the best protein shakes?
They say whey ISOLATE is the best absorbable post WLS, but it's really up to your preference. You don't want collagen protein (ie jello) because your body can't use it. But whey, soy, casein (milk), egg... as long as it's something you like and you'll actually eat/drink it it's better than none at all.

I personally have an addiction to Matrix Mint Cookie protein. But DON'T stock up on anything more than individual samples when you're still pre-op. I promise what you like now you will hate later. I couldn't stomach the protein I drank pre-op after surgery. It was all of a sudden too gritty feeling and nasty tasting (Pure Protein).

Did you have ulcers during your endoscopy? If not, your biopsy will most likely be negative. They're looking for H Pyelori and that causes ulcers. I had lots of little ulcers, but was H Pyelori negative. Mine were chemical changes from NSAID use, it didn't delay my surgery at all.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #23

Quote:
I am finally losing again. I am at my lowest at 2 pounds from the 100s.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #24

I'm still maintaining at the same weight so that's good. I dropped 8-10 pounds with everything going on with Molly and it's stayed off. That's without running and yoga and everything. Just grief and stress.

I ran a 5k Saturday. I got a free entry through work, and passed out fruit and water to the runners afterwards at the booth. I ran/walked. It was really the first running I'd done since Molly died. My time was far from my best. I was 12th in my age group and 92 overall (213 total) so I didn't totally stink at it. I'm sore today. It's just a testiment that you lose endurance when you take breaks, however short or long they are.

I'm getting back to yoga this week. I need to. I know I've lost strength and flexibility, I haven't gone regularly in MONTHS. Many many months. June or July probably was the last time I went more than once or twice a month.

And running. I'm getting in some cold weather running gear so that I can layer and get back to running again. I have 2 more 5ks and a 10k this month alone. That I can remember.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't know if I had ulcers or not. I have used a lot of NSAIDS for my knees though.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #26

Quote:
I don't know if I had ulcers or not. I have used a lot of NSAIDS for my knees though.
They should have talked to you after and let you know. I took a lot, and by a lot I mean several times a day - every day.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

I try to taper the NSAIDS but its hard when its the only thing that helps with the arthritis in my knees.

I have a follow up appointment but they said everything looked good after the procedure.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #28

Quote:
I try to taper the NSAIDS but its hard when its the only thing that helps with the arthritis in my knees.
What WLS are you having?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

I am having the sleeve. I had to quit taking the NSAIDS for the endoscope but Tylenol just doesn't do much but I am trying really hard to ween myself from the NSAIDS.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in ~ had a crazy weekend, my dd and one of her friends had fall break so stayed with us , my Mom came for the weekend while my Dad was up getting the hunting shack ready for deer season and my brother in law and sister in law were visiting from Texas (they didn't stay at our house though, which was okay because all beds were claimed) so there were lunches out, and dinner parties, and a football game, and shopping, and a gangster tour (St. Paul MN was a safe haven for gangsters back in the 1920s) and more hanging out with my husbands siblings and their families. Fun but I am tired now. Told myself this morning it's just 5 days until the weekend and I have nothing planned so I can collapse once I make it to Friday night. When I get so busy I can still manage the food, but it sure throws my drinking schedule off. Still hard for me to get my fluids unless I really monitor it. I guess if that's my only post surgery issue (that and the loose skin! ) then I have nothing to complain about.