Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I hope it works out. Dogs are better workout partners than humans.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/138/120
Thanks so much everyone for all the info again! I'm reading and watching YouTube videos and listening to others, and there is SO much different information out there! I will definitely pay closer attention to what the WLS vets say, not the ones praising the joys of things like gerber graduates cheezits one week out-- I think that made me cringe worse than watching the surgery video o.O
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
I'm cold and all my sweaters are too big, so I had to go shopping darn it! I didn't really find any sweaters I wanted at Penny's but they had a bunch of nice v-neck t-shirts marked down to $2.97 and I can always use those, so I restocked on t-shirts that actually fit me. I got 6 t shirts and a cardigan that was also on clearance and after using a coupon and rewards bucks I paid .... $5.39. Not too bad. I also went to Dress Barn and bought some work pants. I remember last fall around this time I was so so so happy when I went shopping and discovered I had shrunk from a 22/24W pants to 16W pants and from a 3X to an XL shirt. It still lives in my memory as one of the best days ever, and will remain so. Today was pretty good though too, I bought size 8 pants and size M shirts ~ I love my sleeve
Old 10-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #64

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Wel the new dog seems to be settling in pretty well. My ds15 took him
and I took Stoli for a nice walk.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone. I will get right to it: I had emergency surgery on 10-10. I had/have a bleeding marginal ulcer. And I was on blood thinners so it was a very scary situation. I was okay at first but then my hemoglobin dipped to 5.5 and I passed out in the middle of the ICU hospital room. The bleeding has slowed but it hasn't stopped. Another EGD is scheduled for the morning...so I'm suspecting there's a bit more patching up in my future. I am honestly this close to having a nervous breakdown. I was totally blindsided by this - how could an EGD in June not see anything??? Also, to not have it work - to need more surgery. Ugh. Also, I am very worried about what I'll do after this - blood thinners and this kind of ulcer don't work well together, from what I've been told. So, any kind words, thoughts, or prayers are welcomed. Please though - PLEASE no horror stories! I am freaked out enough.

I'll check back as soon as I can - not sure when that will be, however. You guys keep fighting the good fight, okay?
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hi Everyone. I will get right to it: I had emergency surgery on 10-10. I had/have a bleeding marginal ulcer. And I was on blood thinners so it was a very scary situation. I was okay at first but then my hemoglobin dipped to 5.5 and I passed out in the middle of the ICU hospital room. The bleeding has slowed but it hasn't stopped. Another EGD is scheduled for the morning...so I'm suspecting there's a bit more patching up in my future. I am honestly this close to having a nervous breakdown. I was totally blindsided by this - how could an EGD in June not see anything??? Also, to not have it work - to need more surgery. Ugh. Also, I am very worried about what I'll do after this - blood thinners and this kind of ulcer don't work well together, from what I've been told. So, any kind words, thoughts, or prayers are welcomed. Please though - PLEASE no horror stories! I am freaked out enough.

I'll check back as soon as I can - not sure when that will be, however. You guys keep fighting the good fight, okay?
Are you going to take a medical leave? I think you need to give yourself proper time to heal. You've been through so much! Take good care of yourself. People in your life need to know that you can't do everything and you need to give yourself permission to be your own priority now. Get better, we miss you when you're not here. Thank heavens you've invested as much time in your health and fitness as you have ~ imagine this and the gall bladder surgery in your former pre wls life. I know you shared the story of your blood clots and how wls saved you then, and I know that you have been frustrated by fighting regain, but think of this, it is saving your life. way more important than the scale. Again, take very good care of yourself, it's time now to put your own needs first.
Jesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Oh HT I am so sorry to hear this. You have my prayers &(((((HUGS))))) Hope this gets resolved quick..
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #68

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
HT I'm praying for you <3
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:50 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post

Wow, HT, you sure have a lot to deal with. I'm praying for you to heal.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
Praying for you HT!
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
HT - Hoping for fast and complete healing.
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #72

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/139/130-135
HT - I am so sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #73

Keeping you in my thoughts.

An ulcer can grow significantly from June to October so it's possible it was overlooked, especially if it's in an area that's not easily visualized. Most post op ulcers are marginal which means they are along a staple or suture line (or a margin) and may be partially obstructed.

I hope that they have everything under control and get you back on track again. With everything that's going in don't stress yourself out about weight and numbers. You'll go up, you've got fluids and inflammation and all that going against you. Take care of yourself!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Prayers and hugs going out HT. Take care of yourself right now and let the other stuff go.
Chrissykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/138/120
HT, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you get the very best care and have a speedy, complete recovery!
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
HT you've got mail!!!
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #77

All my workout pants are too big. They are falling off. I bought 2 pairs at the thrift store yesterday, one a Large and one an XL. The large looks way too small. LOL
Old 10-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
All my workout pants are too big. They are falling off. I bought 2 pairs at the thrift store yesterday, one a Large and one an XL. The large looks way too small. LOL
Lol I always ask why my clothes look so TINY on the hanger but so large on my body! It's just altered self perception! WTG on the smaller clothes!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #79

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
HT... please check in! You are on our minds.... and I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Chewie, that is just awesome! Congrats
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone & thanks so much for all the thoughtful posts. I busted out of the hospital this afternoon. I don't feel totally "right," but I don't feel bad either. I met with the dietitian about what to eat and what to avoid... Pretty much everything I like is off limits - at least for a while. Between being careful for the ulcer and being careful for vitamin K I have really narrowed my choices of what I will eat for the next few months. My surgeon says he wants to take a look in about 6 - 8 weeks and then we'll talk about restarting my blood thinners with very close monitoring. Part of the problem was that my INR level was at 3.9 initially (it had been 2.8 just two weeks prior - over 2.0 is considered therapeutic and is what we aim for). I suppose foods I ate made my blood thinner than usual...

In any case, I am back yet again and hopefully I can move forward with all this. I do have a very sore and puffy hand where one of the IVs was. I really hope it calms down, but I fear I'll have to go get it checked tomorrow... Still, it is nice to be home.

Thanks again, Everyone! It was great to come home to all these responses.
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Yeah HT welcome Home!! Well your hand needs to be iced and maybe you wont need to back to the Dr.
I hate IV's My veins are small and roll a lot so I am a very hard stick.I wasn't scared of my surgery at all I was just afraid they would have to stick me a hundred times to get a vein, One time I had to be put to sleep and then they ended up putting in my neck after trying my feet ,arms hands etc.

Chewie~ Congrats on smaller workout clothes doesn't it feel good?

Jesse~ You are rocking the weight loss and I am so glad that you are hitting those great sales , you deserve it !!

Heather~ Glad to here that you are running again,

230/ 123~ back 156 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115

Jan- 27 153
Jun-19-156
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #82

Glad you're home, HT. Now you can heal and mend.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Glad you're home, HT. Now you can heal and mend.
^ this

I had a five pound regain, I have managed to go back to clean eating and I am back down to 165, but now I have decided to shoot for 155 to see how I look, I am going to take it pound by pound. Truthfully, I don't want to have to replace my clothes so I don't want to drop sizes. I am still thick through the middle an I am hoping to slim it down a bit. I have to watch it though my face, neck and upper torso look great and my legs are thin. I am a pear shape and my main focus right now is toning and tightening.

I started a kickboxing class yesterday and I am in love! It was so great I am a little sore today but nothing uncomfortable. I am going back tomorrow for a six am class. I am still trying to get going on a couch 2 5k program but it seems I never have the time.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 10-16-2013 at 09:43 AM..
Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #84

I went to a local job fair today. I think it took me longer to put my makeup on than I was at the job fair. It was a waste of time. I did stop at a consignment store up that way and found 3 beautiful jackets. I rarely go there and it was just pure luck plus she had 30% off the fall and winter stuff. One jacket is the softest leather jacket ever---and it's red. The second is a wool Pendleton blazer--black and white check, very cute with pants but I'll never wear the pants. I'll wear black slacks or skirt. The last is just a plain black blazer. With the additional discount I got all 3 for $68!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not even the price of one brand new! Woohoo.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
^ this

I had a five pound regain, I have managed to go back to clean eating and I am back down to 165, but now I have decided to shoot for 155 to see how I look, I am going to take it pound by pound. Truthfully, I don't want to have to replace my clothes so I don't want to drop sizes. I am still thick through the middle an I am hoping to slim it down a bit. I have to watch it though my face, neck and upper torso look great and my legs are thin. I am a pear shape and my main focus right now is toning and tightening.

I started a kickboxing class yesterday and I am in love! It was so great I am a little sore today but nothing uncomfortable. I am going back tomorrow for a six am class. I am still trying to get going on a couch 2 5k program but it seems I never have the time.
Doesn't take long at all. 30 min 3 x a week. Plus whatever time it takes to tie shoes and walk outside. No gym needed!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I went to a local job fair today. I think it took me longer to put my makeup on than I was at the job fair. It was a waste of time. I did stop at a consignment store up that way and found 3 beautiful jackets. I rarely go there and it was just pure luck plus she had 30% off the fall and winter stuff. One jacket is the softest leather jacket ever---and it's red. The second is a wool Pendleton blazer--black and white check, very cute with pants but I'll never wear the pants. I'll wear black slacks or skirt. The last is just a plain black blazer. With the additional discount I got all 3 for $68!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not even the price of one brand new! Woohoo.
Sorry the job fair was a bust, but aren't new clothes a treat And red leather, that's a score!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
^ this

Okay, I didn't want to admit to myself that one of the reasons I was thinking about staying at this weight was because I'm tired of replacing my wardrobe I LOVE new clothes, but as long as I'm losing weight I feel like I need to stick to clearance, goodwill and consignment. Even then, I feel sad when I've found a really cool something or other and it gets too big before I'm tired of it. And bras, those I can't skimp on. There is a brand and style that works really well for me so everytime I go down a size I buy a beige, a black and a white one. Now they're not ridiculously expensive ($28.00) but still, I'm on my 3rd set. And I still have some boobs, they're flatter on top and hanging lower for sure, but there's still some roundness that resembles the boobs of days gone by and I'm afraid to lose what's still there! Strange problems to have. But ... somehow I'm sliding into an 8 without really losing much more weight so now I'm thinking I might end up having to replace all my pants again anyhow, so maybe I should try to peel off a few more pounds? Believe this is an issue that I NEVER thought I would consider a problem ~ may all our problems be thus ~ not really problems at all

And a shout out to my cyber friend HT, whose hardships these last few months are not the silly stuff I complain about ~ I hope you are still recuperating at home and feeling better each day.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Doesn't take long at all. 30 min 3 x a week. Plus whatever time it takes to tie shoes and walk outside. No gym needed!
I came hong from work and was going to do a run but my kids wanted to go so we walked a little over two miles.it put me at 16,000 steps and 7.15 miles for the day so I am happy. It is getting cold here I need to invest in some thermal underwear if I am going to be outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Sorry the job fair was a bust, but aren't new clothes a treat And red leather, that's a score!

Me too I know how frustrating it can be.
Quote:
Okay, I didn't want to admit to myself that one of the reasons I was thinking about staying at this weight was because I'm tired of replacing my wardrobe I LOVE new clothes, but as long as I'm losing weight I feel like I need to stick to clearance, goodwill and consignment. Even then, I feel sad when I've found a really cool something or other and it gets too big before I'm tired of it. And bras, those I can't skimp on. There is a brand and style that works really well for me so everytime I go down a size I buy a beige, a black and a white one. Now they're not ridiculously expensive ($28.00) but still, I'm on my 3rd set. And I still have some boobs, they're flatter on top and hanging lower for sure, but there's still some roundness that resembles the boobs of days gone by and I'm afraid to lose what's still there! Strange problems to have. But ... somehow I'm sliding into an 8 without really losing much more weight so now I'm thinking I might end up having to replace all my pants again anyhow, so maybe I should try to peel off a few more pounds? Believe this is an issue that I NEVER thought I would consider a problem ~ may all our problems be thus ~ not really problems at all

And a shout out to my cyber friend HT, whose hardships these last few months are not the silly stuff I complain about ~ I hope you are still recuperating at home and feeling better each day.
I am glad I am not alone! I got lucky on the way down I had tubs and tubs of smaller sizes but since I called goal last December I have spent over four grand on clothes and a lot of money on workout clothes and my workout bras are $65.00 each. My everyday bras are $60 each and I have a lot. I just don't want to start replacing stuff. It just would cost too much. Your right though other have more serious problems.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #89

Quote:
I came hong from work and was going to do a run but my kids wanted to go so we walked a little over two miles.it put me at 16,000 steps and 7.15 miles for the day so I am happy. It is getting cold here I need to invest in some thermal underwear if I am going to be outside.
Hmmm... this is something I'm looking at too. One thing that will keep me inside is cold weather! I wouldn't say thermal underwear - those aren't moisture wicking and will just keep wet next to your body. You want something like cold gear. Underarmour makes some ($$$), but there are other less expensive brands as well. I know Target has a nice brand as does JCPenney. How old are your kiddies? Could they run with you? c25k is run/walk intervals for the first several weeks. Or could they bike along with you?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #90

Quote:

Quote:
I am glad I am not alone! I got lucky on the way down I had tubs and tubs of smaller sizes but since I called goal last December I have spent over four grand on clothes and a lot of money on workout clothes and my workout bras are $65.00 each. My everyday bras are $60 each and I have a lot. I just don't want to start replacing stuff. It just would cost too much. Your right though other have more serious problems.
Y'all are crazy lol. What kind of women are you?

We must shop at the same place for bras. I spent almost $300 on 4 of them not too long ago. Actually, it might have been almost a year ago... time for more?

I've been in the same size clothes for a while now and I STILL replace my wardrobe as often as possible. We all know my "problem" with shopping and buying new things. I just spent $80 on two pairs of running capris just because. One was $50, the other was $30. Um, and I bought a new Coach swingpack and wallet yesterday because I was in an all day meeting, was bored and it was super cute.