Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Thinking of you, Heather {{hugs}}. You have been such a cheerleader and supporter here, please let us know what we can do for you.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I agree - anything we can do, just ask.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Heather, ((((Hugs)))) I am so very sorry for your loss & so glad Molly had a good home in her life..
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Also been lurking....And I am terribly sorry you lost your Molly. It is devastating to lose our pets. Take good care of yourself during this tough time.
JoeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Lurker here too. Heather, my heart is aching for you. I am so very sorry about sweet Molly. There are no adequate words. May it comfort you to know we are thinking about you and care about you.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #66

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/138/130-135
Heather - thinking of you.
Cruzcrzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

for Heather
Old 09-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #68

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I'm back from the dr and I got a great report, bp was 112/72 and my last blood work showed my A1C as 5.1 which is awesome. 100 lbs ago, it was over 7 meaning heading to diabetes. Woohoo!!! She was very pleased with my progress. It was a 9 month checkup. My one year is in December.
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #69

Just talked to unemployment. Churches are exempt from paying it so no go.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #70

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
What?! That is nuts. Sorry to hear
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'm back from the dr and I got a great report, bp was 112/72 and my last blood work showed my A1C as 5.1 which is awesome. 100 lbs ago, it was over 7 meaning heading to diabetes. Woohoo!!! She was very pleased with my progress. It was a 9 month checkup. My one year is in December.
Fantastic I am sorry to hear about the job/unemployment situation, but if you have good news/bad news, good news about your health is better. Your blood pressure numbers are quite impressive!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree - your job situation stinks, but the good news you received is really great!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
My Molly didn't make it. She won't be coming home.
sorry to hear this Heather I know how much she meant to you.
Chrissykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #74

My weight keeps going up and down. I was at my lowest last week and now back up by 2 or 3 lbs. I am not doing anything different except doing more stuff. I am having tummy issues with elimination again. Maybe I'm not eating enough? GRRRR I really want to hit ONEDERLAND and I'm so close yet so far.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm also having a hard time losing. I lost a few pounds, then got handed a huge bucket of stress this week. Stress about things which I have little control over...and now my weight loss has stopped. It amazes me how (it seems) any little slip-up (like a piece of bread or a few wasa crackers) seems to halt my losing! However, I'm continuing to do the best I can at this time with exercising and eating and hope it will kick in soon. I just got back from playing tennis (well, chasing the balls around the court) with my son and playing on the playground with both of them. I kept moving the whole time so I feel it was a pretty adequate workout even though I didn't end up really over-worked by it. Point is I was moving, and I love that my kids were, too...

Currently waiting on a shipment of protein powder (peanut butter cookie and chocolate and some delicious protein bars from Netrition... Wish it would get here! I have a big bag of mint cookie that's unopened, but I'd rather give that a break for a while. I had vanilla with some powdered peanut butter for lunch - pretty good.

Question for those of you who use protein powders: What do you like to add/do to them to change things up? I like to add some powdered peanut butter to my chocolate or vanilla ones. I also will add a small frozen banana and peanut butter to vanilla. My other favorite is vanilla with frozen blueberries. Yummy!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
HT I find going really basic works best for me. If I find the scale creeping up I go what I call old school for me. I tell myself it is only for a few days and I can handle it. I cut all fruit and carbs and stick to protein only.
Chrissykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

I hear you, Chrissy. I'm bread-free and very low carb all day today...even though banana cupcakes are in the oven for a birthday party tomorrow (I will NOT have any!). I need results!!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I'm also having a hard time losing. I lost a few pounds, then got handed a huge bucket of stress this week. Stress about things which I have little control over...and now my weight loss has stopped. It amazes me how (it seems) any little slip-up (like a piece of bread or a few wasa crackers) seems to halt my losing! However, I'm continuing to do the best I can at this time with exercising and eating and hope it will kick in soon. I just got back from playing tennis (well, chasing the balls around the court) with my son and playing on the playground with both of them. I kept moving the whole time so I feel it was a pretty adequate workout even though I didn't end up really over-worked by it. Point is I was moving, and I love that my kids were, too...

Currently waiting on a shipment of protein powder (peanut butter cookie and chocolate and some delicious protein bars from Netrition... Wish it would get here! I have a big bag of mint cookie that's unopened, but I'd rather give that a break for a while. I had vanilla with some powdered peanut butter for lunch - pretty good.

Question for those of you who use protein powders: What do you like to add/do to them to change things up? I like to add some powdered peanut butter to my chocolate or vanilla ones. I also will add a small frozen banana and peanut butter to vanilla. My other favorite is vanilla with frozen blueberries. Yummy!
I have only used the pb2 and different sf flavored syrups. I'm not very adventurous and don't really like fruit that much.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Up again? Forget this. I'm doing an all-liquid day today. Man, I hate to think it has come to this. I'm sure its partly stress...but also probably salt (I had pickles and some lunchmeat and some cheese - all salty for me) and probably too many calories. I'm so over this.

Weight today: 200.4
Old 09-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #80

HT--me too and I'm only 9 months out. This sucks! I don't know what to do. I am tracking everything and not losing. WTH?
Old 09-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #81

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Hi ladies. Thank you all for your thoughts and hugs and prayers. I miss my Molly something fierce, she really was my best friend and my constant companion. It's hard coming home and knowing she won't be here to talk to me, and she was so very vocal - she talked all the time, almost always with a sock or a toy or a water bottle in her mouth. I'm having her cremated so she can come home. I couldn't bear to have her buried somewhere else and I didn't want to put her in our backyard and risk leaving her if/when we moved in the future.

I haven't run since I lost her. I ran that Monday morning she passed, something was telling me to get up out of bed and go. Every other time I'd planned to run that week I just hit snooze and rolled over. That day there was an urgency to go for some reason. Last night I had a 5k with my hubby. It turned out to actually be 2.61 miles so they shorted us half a mile. We walked most of it, he's not a runner. Overweight and a smoker to boot, but we ran a little. There were over 20,000 people there so there really was no running anyway... I brought her with me in spirit, I wore her pretty little blingy name tag around my neck. It was the Neon Splash Dash.

My older dog is doing okay, so it wasn't anything contagious at least. That makes me really believe it was something like a spider bite. Tito went through a period where he wouldn't eat his food, but he would eat snacks and anything human we dropped on the floor - so he was just grieving. He's very lonely now. As much as I miss my beautiful Molly I've decided that we need to look for a new companion for Tito. He is depressed and needs a new dog friend. So we are starting to keep our eyes out for a baby girl pittie. He's not good with adult dogs, he needs to feel confident around them and he seems to only do that with baby dogs. He was a rescue so I think there is some background there, his confidence isn't what it really should be, he's timid at times.

Anyway, I'm hanging in there. Still profoundly sad over the loss of my best friend. Eating is not consistent, I'll eat nothing one day and feel like I'm eating everything the next. And none of it has been remotely appropriate. All protein drinks some days, nothing but carbs the next. I ate cereal by the handfuls the past few days. My weight has dropped even without exercise but that's probably grief. Earlier in September my scale read 160. While Molly was sick I dropped to 151, at one point went back up to 155 and now I'm at 152. I just miss her.
Just bringing this is from the other thread so I don't have to recreate it.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #82

Quote:
HT--me too and I'm only 9 months out. This sucks! I don't know what to do. I am tracking everything and not losing. WTH?
This is about when I hit my first really LONG stall. Patience. I'm talking 4-6 months stall.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Up again? Forget this. I'm doing an all-liquid day today. Man, I hate to think it has come to this. I'm sure its partly stress...but also probably salt (I had pickles and some lunchmeat and some cheese - all salty for me) and probably too many calories. I'm so over this.

Weight today: 200.4
Just my opinion, but I think you're doing yourself a disservice going back and forth between food days and liquid days. Your mind/body probably sees the liquids as deprivation which in turn sets you up for a binge day/days. Your best bet, and deep down we all know this, is to return to clean whole foods. Lean protein, unprocessed sides, non-starchy carbs. Salt is one thing, that tends to play with your weight, but so does the inconsistent intake. Just plan a week of good whole food, stick to it, and see what happens. No more liquid days.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather, First of all, my continued sympathies on the loss of Molly. I'm sure you'll find another very happy puppy sometime soon. Of course she can't replace Molly, but I know she'll be very lucky having you to take her home.

Next, Yes, I kinda know that going all-liquid isn't my brightest idea... I'm just really miffed that I just can't to seem to get my groove back with all this. I've just boiled some eggs for lunch tomorrow and I'll be sticking with my normal one protein shake and some yogurt. I also have some baked chicken breast. Add it all together, and that's what I'll be eating tomorrow. I sure do hope this is the ticket. That, and exercise.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #85

Quote:
This is about when I hit my first really LONG stall. Patience. I'm talking 4-6 months stall.
That is scary but thanks for sharing. The PA I met the other day at my appointment said sleeve's only lose for 12 months. I don't believe that and I sure hope she is wrong. I am going to start walking in addition to the strength class I take 2X a week. It's getting cooler and since I have no job, I have no excuse. It's very hard emotionally---my dh told he me he's worried about money and me not working. I need more guilt.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is scary but thanks for sharing. The PA I met the other day at my appointment said sleeve's only lose for 12 months. I don't believe that and I sure hope she is wrong. I am going to start walking in addition to the strength class I take 2X a week. It's getting cooler and since I have no job, I have no excuse. It's very hard emotionally---my dh told he me he's worried about money and me not working. I need more guilt.
I continued losing after 12 months, and I did have a "pause" around 9 months and then it picked up again. Stress hormones can cause you to slow down too ~ your idea about walking is great because cortisol gets burned up through exercise ~ less cortisol = less stress and better weight loss. Do not feel guilty abouty your job, you were not let go because of poor performance and you did not quit. It is not your fault the church couldn't keep you on.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #87

Quote:
I call BS. Maybe you only "magically" lose for 12 months - where it doesn't matter what you eat or do, but if you follow your rules and do what you're supposed to with food and exercise you can lose indefinitely.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #88

Thanks, my friends, I don't agree with that PA either. I think she just wanted to scare me.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #89

Down another half pound today. I'm trying to get back to "normal" with life. I'm so sad everyday.

B - mint cookie protein
L - chicken breast, chickpeas, tomatoes, snap peas, hummus
s - protein or apple
D - 15 bean soup in the crockpot - I remembered to start it this morning before I left.
s - I'll probably need another snack after dinner before bed. Probably a protein bar or another protein drink

I set my alarm to run this morning, but it didn't happen. I had every intention to. Fail. It's cool enough that I could do it this evening after work so let's aim for that. I have to drop my son off for practice from 6p-830p so I could drop him off, go run in town, do whatever else and then pick him back up.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Down another half pound today. I'm trying to get back to "normal" with life. I'm so sad everyday.

B - mint cookie protein
L - chicken breast, chickpeas, tomatoes, snap peas, hummus
s - protein or apple
D - 15 bean soup in the crockpot - I remembered to start it this morning before I left.
s - I'll probably need another snack after dinner before bed. Probably a protein bar or another protein drink

I set my alarm to run this morning, but it didn't happen. I had every intention to. Fail. It's cool enough that I could do it this evening after work so let's aim for that. I have to drop my son off for practice from 6p-830p so I could drop him off, go run in town, do whatever else and then pick him back up.
When my golden died unexpectedly from very similar symptoms ( foaming, loss of strength in back legs then paralysis, then the paralysis spread, but heart breakingly, she could still wag her tail ) I cried and sobbed for days. I had to put all her things away, I couldn't look at them. If I saw someone walking a golden retriever, I had to turn my head or tears would flow. Years after, if I told anyone the story I would still tear up. She was my walking buddy, and she would practically prance down the street, sure that life was a party and she was the guest of honor. We didn't have another dog like yours who needed a friend, so we waited a few years to get another dog. I love my Bella, (yellow lab) we've had her now for 3 years. I still feel bad about my golden, but it doesn't sting like before, now that time has passed. I still think about her when I see an old white faced golden and wonder if she would look like that. From the moment I saw her sick, it seemed pretty clear we were going to lose her, and we did within 24 hours. I think it is especially sad and shocking for you that you thought she was getting better, it's a cruel twist of fate. I don't know if it's any comfort for me to say you will probably be sad for awhile still. My Dad is a vet, and over the years he saw many people lose their pets, mostly to old age. He always sent sympathy cards because he knew that we grieve for our pets ~ and why not, they are a part of our family. So like all grief, it will subside over time, you just have to feel it and keep moving forward.