Old 09-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
B - mint cookie
L - mint cookie
S - snack bag cheezits
D - chicken, tomato, chickpeas, avocado, snap peas hummus

Cleaned out my sewing room/office today so I could rearrange for the new cabinet I got.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
B - mint cookie
L - mint cookie
S - snack bag cheezits
D - chicken, tomato, chickpeas, avocado, snap peas hummus

Cleaned out my sewing room/office today so I could rearrange for the new cabinet I got.
Calories were too low so I added a protein bar and then some CheezIts before bed. Not the bed choice, but nothing sounded good and they were easy. That put me at right at 1260 for the day.

Today:

B - mint cookie protein
Sonic diet green tea
L - chicken, chickpeas, avocado, tomato, snap peas, spicy hummus
s - peanut cookie protein or apple
D - not sure, probably a repeat of lunch

No news on Molly, she's still in the hospital. The vet was in surgery yesterday when we were supposed to call and get an update.

Depending on this evening events I may head to power yoga at 545. I havn't run this week except for the .6 mile attempt with Molly monday morning when I realized something wasn't right with her. If I can't make it to yoga today I def need to get out and run. Maybe take the older dog for a walk treat.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #33

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
B - Ginger Bread Latte Shake
S - snack size sharp cheddar and some dried anchovies and a pecan half
L - Cesar salad
S - Chai Latte made with unsweetened vanilla soy milk
D - No time to prepare anything... Atkins crustless chicken pot pie
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
We all sound like we need a week vacation just to catch our breath and get back on track. My life has been busy and upside down and today is the 4th day in a row I didn't get to exercise. I almost NEVER go that long. Mornings are very difficult now due to older daughter's school hours, so I schedule exercise for later in the day. Then, emergencies come up, so I push it to when I get home... Then, almost every evening around this time it rains - usually with thunder and lightning. Honestly, I would walk/jog in the rain, but lightning is not in my plans ever.

I am still upset with myself, but I am eating better than I was. I just had a big deadline today, so now maybe I can get back to me.

Heather, I hope Molly is doing okay. Any news? Hope you get to run soon. I know exactly how you feel when you don't, I bet...

Mary - How does one eat just one pecan half!!!!???!!! I have to tell you, I am envious you can get by on so little food. I suppose if I scale back for a few days I can reduce by some anyway.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Heather, I hope Molly is doing okay. Any news? Hope you get to run soon. I know exactly how you feel when you don't, I bet...
ANXIOUSLY waiting for the vet to call us back. He's supposed to call us before he leaves the office. I want to vomit. I'm scared to death to hear what he has to say but I have to.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #36

Quote:
ANXIOUSLY waiting for the vet to call us back. He's supposed to call us before he leaves the office. I want to vomit. I'm scared to death to hear what he has to say but I have to.
She is doing better today than yesterday but is not back to normal yet.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #37

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
She is doing better today than yesterday but is not back to normal yet.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #38

Too much extra last night. I had a "binge" between dinner and bed. A protein bar, a halloween snack bag of Doritos (.65 oz), and a snack bag of Cheezits. No particular reason, it just made me feel better to eat them. Crummy reason, I know. Probably stress.

B - mint cookie protein
L - chicken, chickpeas, avocado, tomato, tzatziki
s - mint cookie or apple
D - probably more of the same

Should run, haven't been feeling it. Weight is down though, interestingly enough. Down to 152.8 from a "high" of 160.6 on the 3rd. I'm just tossing the same 6-7 pounds up and down lately but that was the first time I bounced back up into the 6 range.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #39

Yesterday walked a total of 7 miles.

today
B - SF Vanilla iced coffee, protein shake
S - sausage with cheese
L - Asian chicken salad (pre-proportioned)
S - I dunno yet.... maybe none?
D - Sesame ginger chicken and veggies
Old 09-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Yesterday walked a total of 7 miles.
Awesome! My next goal is to run a 10k, you just did a mile more! How long did it take you to finish your 7?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #41

Well, it was total 7 miles... it was a couple miles here, a couple miles there.... I could do it straight though, I am 99% sure I could. Walking is easy, it's running that I can't seem to do for more than a few seconds!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay.

I am here to confess.

I think I have broken my pouch. I can eat anything and it seems like in quantities that I never thought I would be able to eat again. And, I am eating quantities that I never thought I would ALLOW myself to even attempt eating again.

Did you hear the screeching tires? That was me hitting the brakes. And ladies, those of you still in that honeymoon period or slightly after? It gets so. much. harder.

So, I am not going to try to eat better - I just AM going to DO IT!

I am really embarrassed with how I have been eating and rationalizing things. Foods I wouldn't even think twice about even six months ago have recently been finding their way into my mouth. NO MORE.

I am going to start logging everything. Daily weighing, too. No matter what.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
H.T Way to take the control back.. Just as you said, watch what you eat & I'll add try to deal with what is eating you.. My biggest down fall is depression & boredom. Sending
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #44

Quote:
Okay.

I am here to confess.

I think I have broken my pouch. I can eat anything and it seems like in quantities that I never thought I would be able to eat again. And, I am eating quantities that I never thought I would ALLOW myself to even attempt eating again.

Did you hear the screeching tires? That was me hitting the brakes. And ladies, those of you still in that honeymoon period or slightly after? It gets so. much. harder.

So, I am not going to try to eat better - I just AM going to DO IT!

I am really embarrassed with how I have been eating and rationalizing things. Foods I wouldn't even think twice about even six months ago have recently been finding their way into my mouth. NO MORE.

I am going to start logging everything. Daily weighing, too. No matter what.
There nothing like accountability to make you accountable! I might add logging how or what you feel when you eat - guilt, anger, etc and whether you felt in or out of control.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

This morning was the weigh-in... 202.8 I'm ashamed, but I have to come clean and face this or I'll wake up one morning and be 302.8... Today I went and walked/jogged for 35 - 40 min, then came home and washed my car (a kinda big job). After a shower and a little down time, I ended up walking around a few big stores, etc... I am close to 10K steps today.

Also? I didn't drink any coffee today. This is a big deal for me. I grew to "need" coffee and thought I was drinking it instead of eating, but the truth is all the creamer and crap I put in it are extra calories I just don't need. Coffee? Gone. A few Tylenol and I will be over it in a day or two.

What did I eat? Here is it:
B: 1/2 a protein shake (1 scoop of protein powder in about 8 - 10 oz. milk with some ice)
S: fage yogurt with some strawberries
L: 2 scrambled eggs in 1t butter
D: the meat (a few oz.) off a Panera steak and blue cheese salad...also had some of the salad - maybe 1 cup
S: I was starving in Target so I got a protein bar - can't remember the name, but it was small...but not bad
and recently...another one-scoop protein shake

I worry I'll need to eat again in a few hours. If I'm crazy hungry I have a handful of blueberries in the fridge and a small container of activia (the sugar-free kind) - I'll eat that.

I also had several bottles of water today. It was difficult to not just say oh what the heck...but that is exactly what got me here. I'll call this a good first day back.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
This morning was the weigh-in... 202.8 I'm ashamed, but I have to come clean and face this or I'll wake up one morning and be 302.8... Today I went and walked/jogged for 35 - 40 min, then came home and washed my car (a kinda big job). After a shower and a little down time, I ended up walking around a few big stores, etc... I am close to 10K steps today.

Also? I didn't drink any coffee today. This is a big deal for me. I grew to "need" coffee and thought I was drinking it instead of eating, but the truth is all the creamer and crap I put in it are extra calories I just don't need. Coffee? Gone. A few Tylenol and I will be over it in a day or two.

What did I eat? Here is it:
B: 1/2 a protein shake (1 scoop of protein powder in about 8 - 10 oz. milk with some ice)
S: fage yogurt with some strawberries
L: 2 scrambled eggs in 1t butter
D: the meat (a few oz.) off a Panera steak and blue cheese salad...also had some of the salad - maybe 1 cup
S: I was starving in Target so I got a protein bar - can't remember the name, but it was small...but not bad
and recently...another one-scoop protein shake

I worry I'll need to eat again in a few hours. If I'm crazy hungry I have a handful of blueberries in the fridge and a small container of activia (the sugar-free kind) - I'll eat that.

I also had several bottles of water today. It was difficult to not just say oh what the heck...but that is exactly what got me here. I'll call this a good first day back.
One trick I use when I am trying to get back on track is to allow myself the best of the best on program food. I find I can abstain from the the things that are bad for me if I know I'm still going to have something I enjoy. Deprivation never works for me, but shrimp (my indulgence) goes a long way to keeping me on track. Spoil yourself with good, delicious healthy foods that will get you back to where you need to be.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
One trick I use when I am trying to get back on track is to allow myself the best of the best on program food. I find I can abstain from the the things that are bad for me if I know I'm still going to have something I enjoy. Deprivation never works for me, but shrimp (my indulgence) goes a long way to keeping me on track. Spoil yourself with good, delicious healthy foods that will get you back to where you need to be.
me too... 100%

That and other indulgences like bubble baths with fancy salts and new nail polish
Old 09-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I am working at it!!

Today: 200.4 (minus 2.4 from start...)

I ended up not working out, which bugs me, but my afternoon walking plans were rained out. It is still overcast and can rain at any time, so I don't think I'll end up doing that. I did get some other things done around the house, so I guess it is what it is.

Day 2 of no coffee! Yay me! I know I was wasting at least 50 calories or more per cup with the creamers, etc...

Today I ate:
1 scoop choc protein powder with about 1T powdered peanut butter in 10 oz milk
a low-sugar/sugar-free (?) activia vanilla yogurt with 1/3 c fresh blueberries
2 eggs with 2 slices bacon
about a cup of the innards of lasagna without the noodles... sauce, some meat and Italian sausage, and some of the cheese mixture
1/2 cup fresh strawberries with the end of the sugar-free whipped cream I had. I am NOT buying more anytime soon.

I'm pretty full right now, but if I get really hungry I will probably have another scoop of protein powder with 8 oz milk.

I've also had a lot of water...I think I'll be starting my 5th bottle today soon.

I've already portioned out my lunches for the next two days at work (more lasagna insides...). Planning ahead always helps me.

I'll also be working out after work tomorrow in the weight room on the treadmill...no rain excuses!
Old 09-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #49

Quote:
1/2 cup fresh strawberries with the end of the sugar-free whipped cream I had. I am NOT buying more anytime soon.
Fat free ricotta with sugar free flavored syrup (and splenda to taste if you like sweeter). You can mix up ONLY as much as you need and you get a lil protein with your goodness too. Don't mix up more than you need though! It's TASTY! You can either dollop it on the strawberries or squeeze it in the holes like a canoli (got that from Eggface site).
Old 09-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll try that, Heather... I do think I've noticed that when I eat higher-fat foods my stomach/intestines fight back with pain, so I am trying to eat less fat. I am having to constantly tell myself that I have to just NOT eat and drink all the things I've let slip back into my life. Tomorrow morning I will have to be out and about early. First thing I thought was, "I'll go to Dunkin Donuts for a coffee!" NOPE!!! Then, I thought, "I'll grab McDonald's for breakfast." NOPE! I am determined, and I know I have to get - and stay - back to basics. I'm LOSING this weight!!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #51

Fat is one of the things that is SUPPOSED to give us trouble post rny. It's a deterrent.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

I know, but for some reason, it never bothered me. NOW it does - big time! I can only hope my "bathroom issues" start to calm down soon - doc says my body will soon realize the gallbladder is gone and compensate for it some... That can't happen too soon for me. I'm not used to all the gurgling and pain as things...move on through!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #53

B - SF Gingerbread Latte Protein Shake
S - Cheese? and seaweed
L - Pre-portioned, pre-packed salad
S - Yogurt with frozen blueberries and splenda
D - Hawaiian BBQ Beef and cabbage

Exercise walking walking more walking
Practice hoop and poi
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #54

I am really getting annoyed. I am tracking everything and my scale is not cooperating. I've been having "elimination" problems this past week but even so, should not be gaining. I'm up 3 pounds. WTH????? I have been having a little more salt than usual so maybe that's it? I am going to push the water today and see what happens. I have a wls check up on Wed morning. GRRRRR
Old 09-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #55

My Molly didn't make it. She won't be coming home.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CopperTop
Stats: 178/131.2/130
WOE: Moderate carb/protein/fat
Start Date: January 15, 2006
Oh Heather, I am so sorry. I have been mostly a lurker on this site for years but I had to come in to say that I am so very sorry you lost your girl.
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #57

So sorry Heather. Hugs and prayers.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
Sorry for your loss Heather.
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather, That is just awful. I am so, so sorry.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Many years ago, my golden retriever had similar symptoms and she passed while I was holding her at the vets. Unidentified neurotoxin was the diagnosis. I was so hoping your story was going to end differently. I am sorry for your loss. It hurts, I know.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote