LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #1

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
WLS Wagon - September 2013

Holy cow... September already?

Sept 13 marks 3 and a half years post VSG for me... it's tougher... much much tougher, than it was 3 years ago, or even 2 years ago.

I so appreciate those who are as far or farther out than I, for the camaraderie... and those who are newer, for their enthusiasm, progress and spirit.

How is everyone doing?
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I agree, Mary. It is so good to be here. My 3 year anniversary is coming up in November... I've been thinking of it a lot lately...

I wanted to say thank you to everyone... Everyone who supports me, gives advice, and just listens to me whine and complain. I can't believe how far I've come. No matter how hard it is now, I would rather be fighting this fight than just dragging through my days so much heavier. Other than having my kids this is the very best thing I ever did for myself. All of you help keep it happening. Thank you!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
it's tougher... much much tougher, than it was 3 years ago, or even 2 years ago.
I have to agree! I can remember being so early out thinking "how on earth can people regain after this surgery, it's physically impossible!". Well the physically impossible changes, almost overnight it seems. It's really tough, just as tough as it was before surgery. I always think that the surgery reset me to a more level playing field, I still have to actually be in the game to stay there.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #4

Today's accountability: huge bounce back over the weekend. It's obviously just fliud, but fluid weighs and still needs work to be lost!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weight9.3.jpg (13.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Good morning ladies, Up 2lb from a one year weigh in at the Drs office last week I had lost 71 lbs. in a year.. I know its water but like Heather said it still adds weight.. So off to order my mint protein.. Have a great day
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
I appreciate the honesty from those of you several years out. It encourages me to make the most of this time to form the habits I need to make it in the years to come. I'm glad to be back in the classroom with students, towards the end of summer I was being a little too "on vacation" and my eating was getting a little sloppy. I did make myself log everything and weigh myself everyday.I lost a little over the summer,; had I not been monitoring my weight things might have gotten ugly I think being back into my routine at work will help me clean up the eating. (If I stay out of the break room!)
Old 09-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #7

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Just got back from my strength class. It's the first time I used weights. OUCH!!! I'm already sore. Not painful but sore, like achey. Haven't used these muscles in a long time. lol I wonder how I'll feel in the morning--probably like I'm 90.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Just got back from my strength class. It's the first time I used weights. OUCH!!! I'm already sore. Not painful but sore, like achey. Haven't used these muscles in a long time. lol I wonder how I'll feel in the morning--probably like I'm 90.
Invest in The Stick and a good foam roller. If you're married they might just replace your hubby.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Invest in The Stick and a good foam roller. If you're married they might just replace your hubby.
Ok, what are these thins---the stick and foam roller???
Old 09-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Ok, what are these thins---the stick and foam roller???
Your new best friends!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #11

Wow--never even knew stuff like that existed. I had seen the roller before but not the stick. LOL
Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #12

Some days I'd leave my husband for them lol. My Stick is misplaced atm and no one has seen it... I'm not happy about that. Foam rollers are awesome for IT Bands (hips!) and calves.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #13

Ooh. And sore bohinies.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dreamtrue
Stats: 322/177/145
WOE: WLS/VSG
Start Date: 12/19/2011
Just checking in. I've gotten pretty far off track. But I still thank goodness that I have had WLS because if I hadn't I know I would've gained all my weight back by now. I had hoped to get to goal by my 2 year anniversary in late December but it does not look like it now. I am sitting at 185. Even though I've been eating whatever I have still been losing but super slow, like a pound a month. Better than gaining, I guess. WLS does not change your head that is for sure.

Sizes are so unpredicable. I'd say I'm comfortably in a misses 16. Anyone's misses 16 I can wear. I can wear most misses 14s and size larges too. I even wore a pair of misses size 12 dress pants the other day. I just want to get comfortably into regular sizes. I will say that even the smallest sizes at Lane Bryant are too big which is a huge accomplishment.

Last edited by Dreamtrue; 09-04-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Dreamtrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #15

I'm going to go home and tear the house apart and find my darn Stick now!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #16

After I deal with more student loan drama. Now they say she has no money in her account because she didn't do her loan counseling and sign her master promissory note. She's done everything they've asked, I've even asked multiple times and called because of the whole mess.

So now momma shells out $70 more for an online book code after paying tuition and books for everything else.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #17

Heather, did you find your stick?
Old 09-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #18

No darnit! I actually got sidetracked. The dog likes to stash things behind the couch and under cushions (and in laundry baskets, etc!) so while I was looking I noticed a trail of ants walking across the living room floor to under the couch. Well I didn't want to spray the entire living room floor so I sprayed the perimeter and vacuumed the ants up then swept the whole living room/dining room/hallways. This was about 930 last night so after all that I gave up looking. I'll find it or I'll buy a new one lol!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #19

Quote:
So now momma shells out $70 more for an online book code after paying tuition and books for everything else.
$70 for the code, $25 for nonslip black shoes, $45 for short shorts (clearanced at Hollister $15 each!), $20 for clear spacers for a nose ring... what else...?

At least she got a job and starts today at 3, which is what the shoes, shorts and spacers were for. I was laughing at the dress code and rules. Hair styled away from the face, no piercings outside of the ears, no visible tattoos, black flat belt (no studs), black or brown shoes or boots, shirts must have a visibly starched crease, shorts must not have frayed spots or holes. THEN it says "females, if you are comfortable wearing shorty shorts you may do so." Both my husband and daughter insisted that the waitresses wear short bootie shorts - but from everything else in the dress code I was surprised to hear that!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

First week of school with students and it's kicking my butt Once we get all of our routines in place it's not as exhausting but the amount of energy it takes to start making those all important connections is a lot! weight holding steady, food is reasonable, but having got my drinking routine going~ I'll be halfway through the day and realize I've only had one cup of tea.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

will weight re-distribute?

A few months ago, my parents said I was looking gaunt, and I laughed it off. I am 5'5.5" and although small framed, pretty buxom. I'm at 160, I'm solidly in a size 10 pants, can fit into a few size 8s in a couple of different stores now. I'm wearing a 36 DDD bra, and my shirt sizes are M or L. Because of my bust, (I think) I'm still mostly wearing a size 14 dress, although I do have some 12s now. These are not the statistics of someone who is guant. Except .... if you look at me from just above the bustline, it's a bit alarming. My shoulders and chest kind of freak me out. Parts of me look starved, while other parts, like my stomach look well fed. I think there is still some fat to be lost from my gut, it is certainly not all loose skin. But maybe the reason I'm kind of stalled is that I am scared to loss anymore from my arms, back, shoulders. My bustline still retains some roundness and I don't want them to go completely flat So, is this weight going to shift around at all? If I keep losing, will it finally come off my gut or will I keep getting more and more emaciated on top? And how much can the loose skin actually weigh? 10 pounds? 5 pounds? Or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to say I'm at goal....
Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #22

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Jesse, I saw an estimate of 10lb loose skin for every 100lb lost. My surgeon removed more than that
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Jesse, I saw an estimate of 10lb loose skin for every 100lb lost. My surgeon removed more than that
Interesting. I could have 10-13 pounds of excess skin. If that were gone, I would be at a normal BMI. At 160, I am still "overweight". I know that BMI isn't the end all and be all, but I'd still like to be a normal BMI. That means I would have to weigh 150.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
First week of school with students and it's kicking my butt Once we get all of our routines in place it's not as exhausting but the amount of energy it takes to start making those all important connections is a lot! weight holding steady, food is reasonable, but having got my drinking routine going~ I'll be halfway through the day and realize I've only had one cup of tea.
I have a bottle or cup of water in my hands at all times. Well all day at work. I suck at home. But I get about 90-100 at work.

Quote:
A few months ago, my parents said I was looking gaunt, and I laughed it off. I am 5'5.5" and although small framed, pretty buxom. I'm at 160, I'm solidly in a size 10 pants, can fit into a few size 8s in a couple of different stores now. I'm wearing a 36 DDD bra, and my shirt sizes are M or L. Because of my bust, (I think) I'm still mostly wearing a size 14 dress, although I do have some 12s now. These are not the statistics of someone who is guant. Except .... if you look at me from just above the bustline, it's a bit alarming. My shoulders and chest kind of freak me out. Parts of me look starved, while other parts, like my stomach look well fed. I think there is still some fat to be lost from my gut, it is certainly not all loose skin. But maybe the reason I'm kind of stalled is that I am scared to loss anymore from my arms, back, shoulders. My bustline still retains some roundness and I don't want them to go completely flat So, is this weight going to shift around at all? If I keep losing, will it finally come off my gut or will I keep getting more and more emaciated on top? And how much can the loose skin actually weigh? 10 pounds? 5 pounds? Or maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to say I'm at goal....
You have to remember they are used to seeing you heavy. Of course you look gaunt to them now! But yes it does even out over time. I still carry a few pounds in my tummy, but that's where I carried all my weight before. Face slims drastically at first, but once everything else catches up you'll look more evene out. Right around 165ish was my most "gaunt looking" period. I can post pics if you want!

TBH skin really doesn't weigh that much at all. When I was in the OR we'd weigh the tissue for insurance or for the op record and its never as much as they say if its truelly deflated skin. Now if you still have some abdominal subcutaneous fat attached it weighs a ton more because they are taking a layer of fat off too.

Quote:
Interesting. I could have 10-13 pounds of excess skin. If that were gone, I would be at a normal BMI. At 160, I am still "overweight". I know that BMI isn't the end all and be all, but I'd still like to be a normal BMI. That means I would have to weigh 150.
BMI is a crock to me. I'm 155 and a size 4. I'm considered overweight with a 25 on the BMI scale! Explain that lol. Because muscle of the same weight takes up less space... Don't worry about it lol. If you feel great it's all good!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #25

Yoga last night. No running today - out of the house by 6am and football game tonight to watch my kid march. Maybe I can fit something in right after work but before the game at the gym... It's too hot to try outside!

Weight is looking up (well, technically down!) again. Back on track, it's amazing how a few days damage can be undone just by eating mindfully - if only it were as easy in execution as it were in theory!

Check out the Labor Day bump up, and now it's comig back off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weight 9.6.jpg (14.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #26

Quote:
Heather, did you find your stick?
OMG finally! After tearing up the house (okay not literally but it felt like it!) looking under, between, on top of, behind all kinds of things and asking repeatedly over and over again if anyone had seen it I thought to look in the dresser drawers as a last ditch resort because it just wasn't anywhere!

There. In the sock drawer. Sat my Stick. Really? My husband put it there to keep the dog from chewing on it (it's usually beside the bed near my nightstand). And conveniently forgot he did that.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #27

Quote:
OMG finally! After tearing up the house (okay not literally but it felt like it!) looking under, between, on top of, behind all kinds of things and asking repeatedly over and over again if anyone had seen it I thought to look in the dresser drawers as a last ditch resort because it just wasn't anywhere!

There. In the sock drawer. Sat my Stick. Really? My husband put it there to keep the dog from chewing on it (it's usually beside the bed near my nightstand). And conveniently forgot he did that.
Oh no, well, at least you found it. I had a knot in my calf last night after my class and thought about that stick. Could have used it. I am really sore in my neck/shoulders/back today.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Glad you found that stick. I love the foam roller, got mine from the P.T. yes for the IT band.. Works wonders..
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #29

My glutes and obliques are screaming at me today!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #30

Good morning.

I got up at 6:30 ====set my alarm. I went to some local tag sales. Did pretty good. Got a brand new 2 dvd yoga set, a yoga mat and 2 other exercise DVD's for $5, 3 pairs of nice jeans for me at $1 a pair(I optimistically bought size 16--am I nuts???), a few kitchen items and some books. I got that steamy book 50 shades of gray too plus some other devotional books too. It was fun but it started getting hot and super humid.

It was our first football game last night. We won. My ds15 only played one play---on the punt team. He's only a sophomore so we didn't even expect that much since there are bigger, more experienced juniors and seniors on the team.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!