Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
You might feel like you're having a heart attack in the beginning anyway! There are different levels of pace. You want to be winded, but not so much that you can't conversate. A HRM isn't necessary, but a good one will keep you on track and tell you when you are in a fat burning zone. If you get a GPS HRM it will help keep you at a steady pace. My problem always was I'd start out too fast because I was fresh and then lose it before mile 2. You want to start steady and stable so that you can finish strong.

Yoga and running is all I've really stuck to. I do some insanity and insanity style cardio but meat and potatoes is the run/yoga. Twice a week is good. I was up to 5-6 times a week for a while.
Thnx, I have a heart rate monitor for my surgeon. I have never used it since I had my bodybugg. I may look into this Garmin thing. I really LOVED my walk/run this morning. I did 2.15 miles then when I got home hubby asked me to walk with him another 1.25 miles. I walk a lot at work many days upwards of 17,000 steps so I feel really good right now.

The yoga place offers several different types of classes some with weights and some with cardio. I am hoping for two different things. I want to tone up a lot and burn body fat. My weight is fine I won't cry if I drop another five pounds though.

My sister works out A LOT and she said I am just really flabby so even though I am not doing weight training I am hoping this will work.

I am back to logging my food and I the one thing I can say is I miss my honeymoon period. I can eat a lot more food now and it makes me really sad.

Quote:
Molly is in the hospital.

I hope Molly is ok.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Molly is in the hospital.
Oh no, hope she gets well fast.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #63

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
Thnx, I have a heart rate monitor for my surgeon. I have never used it since I had my bodybugg. I may look into this Garmin thing. I really LOVED my walk/run this morning. I did 2.15 miles then when I got home hubby asked me to walk with him another 1.25 miles. I walk a lot at work many days upwards of 17,000 steps so I feel really good right now.

The yoga place offers several different types of classes some with weights and some with cardio. I am hoping for two different things. I want to tone up a lot and burn body fat. My weight is fine I won't cry if I drop another five pounds though.

My sister works out A LOT and she said I am just really flabby so even though I am not doing weight training I am hoping this will work.

I am back to logging my food and I the one thing I can say is I miss my honeymoon period. I can eat a lot more food now and it makes me really sad.

I hope Molly is ok.
Running feels great, doesn't it. I need to get out and do it. I haven't since my .6 mile attempt with Molly Monday morning. It's when I noticed there was something wrong with her, she always wants to run. I just haven't had my head in a place where I could the past day or two. Hopefully we are out of the water now, I'll find out when the vet opens at 8. We were supposed to get an update yesterday at 430 but when we called the vet was in surgery.

I started out with the beginner yoga, and I was terrified my first heated power class but it was GREAT! When you get a few weeks under your belt and know the poses a little give one a shot! They are all I do now. Oh, and a restorative class every now and then is great - especially after a long run or when your muscles are pretty sore. Heaven! It's slow paced and you hold the poses longer to really get deep into the stretch! If you haven't tried yoga before, prepare yourself! Even though it might not feel like work WHILE you are doing it - you will most likely be sore the next day. It really works!

Lol that was rude of your sister! But I totally get what she meant and where she was coming from. WLS tends to waste muscle along with fat IF you don't strength train and work out while you are losing. It doesn't really care to differentiate when you are eating 400-600 calories a day! Your body just knows it needs to supplement fuel and takes it from somewhere. I promise yoga will tone you up and get rid of that "flabby" things.

It's not sad, it's just a fact. When I eat correctly I get about 900 calories a day and I actually have to add food at the end of the day. And it's not piddly amounts of food like early out. It's small amounts compared to a normal person, but it's still well more than before. I'm 3 1/2 years out. BUT, when I eat correctly it's all lean protein, whole clean foods and raw veggies. Tasty, good for me and filling. *sigh* Easier said that done though... those "other" foods sure are tempting and easy to eat. My only saving grace is that I completely and totally abstain from sugar. Too bad I can't use that kind of willpower and reserve on processed carbs too!

I'm off to a super fun (not!) 4 hour meeting now.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #64

Vet opens at 8, hubby is going to call and hopefully get some information today. I seriously miss my dog. OMG I've never been a "dog person" but this little girl has stolen my heart. And I miss her. I don't know what I will do if she doesn't pull through.

I did ask on our neighborhood's FB page if anyone else's dog had gotten violently ill recently and there have been two nearby that got very ill and had to be hospitalized. I really wonder if she was poisoned. If she was, it's because it was tossed to her in the backyard on Sunday. The older dog is not sick at all. (He's depressed and just wants to lay around, but he's not sick.) I'm thinking of getting a security camera system. There have also been some car vandalism lately as well.

I'm tired of this week already.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #65

Oh no Heather. I just said a prayer for her. Why are people so evil?
Old 09-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #66

Molly ate some breakfast and pooped. No obstruction on x-ray (this was a concern for me because she's a chewer!). They still aren't sure what is wrong with her, but she's a VERY sick little dog. She's fighting hard though. I'm still scared. I'm going to see if I can visit her today!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Oh no Heather. I just said a prayer for her. Why are people so evil?
Thank you so much. I'm a bundle of tears over her!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Molly ate some breakfast and pooped. No obstruction on x-ray (this was a concern for me because she's a chewer!). They still aren't sure what is wrong with her, but she's a VERY sick little dog. She's fighting hard though. I'm still scared. I'm going to see if I can visit her today!
It's a good sign she is eating. Pets are not just animals, they are family members. I hope your family is re-united soon.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

today the scale said 159. I'm still startled sometimes that my weight starts with a 1 not a 2. Still feels like a miracle.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #70

I was let go from my job of almost 6 years. I worked at a church and they are a negative 31K this year so far. Just great.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #71

She's still not walking, but she looks so much better.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #72

Hugs and prayers for you and Molly.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
today the scale said 159. I'm still startled sometimes that my weight starts with a 1 not a 2. Still feels like a miracle.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Heather, Hope you find out & they can help with molly ((hugs))
Jesse, I still look at that # and will think 264 & how much I have to lose I carry so much of my weight in the stomach that it is all I sometime see.
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #75

Please keep praying for my Molly. She's staying in the hospital. I saw her yesterday. Her affect is better, but she still can't walk right. It's like her hind legs are deteriorating or becoming paralyzed.

B - mint cookie protein
L - chicken, chickpeas, avocado, tomato, hummus
s - apple or protein
D - don't know

Another half pound down.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Awww Heather, I am so sorry. Could it be temporary?

tybeeanna - that was my biggest issue, too. when I had my tummy tuck I went in a size 18 - 20 and came out a 14... It was only then (well, a few weeks later) that I finally saw how far I came.

chewie - So sorry about your job situation. Boooo. But congrats on 100 pounds! Awesome!!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 09-13-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #77

I hope so! I was lookig and all her symptoms seem to point to a black widow spider bite! I called the vet this morning to bring it up and mention I HAVE found them on the back patio in the past few years too. He said he hadn't seen any outside lesions or abscesses so he didn't believe it was. But he agreed it *could* be some sort of neurotoxin the way it was progressing.

No changes today. Same as yesterday. Tomorrow I'm visiting her again and bringing her a baby and an apple with some pb.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=Hot Tamale;16603386]
tybeeanna, I went in a size 18 - 20 and came out a 14... It was only then (well, a few weeks later) that I finally saw how far I came.& Girl DON"T YOU FORGET IT

I am looking looking for a job so I can pay for all the work I need to rebuild me
Old 09-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Heather, Hoping Molly is much better today!!!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I was let go from my job of almost 6 years. I worked at a church and they are a negative 31K this year so far. Just great.
I am sorry this happened. Do you get any unemployment? Any leads on other jobs you would like to apply for? I hope that you find something that treats you well.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I am sorry this happened. Do you get any unemployment? Any leads on other jobs you would like to apply for? I hope that you find something that treats you well.
Thanks. I applied for unemployment online yesterday. I have to call on Monday but it looks like I qualify.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #82

I spent all morning in the vet's waiting room to get in to see him and talk about the x-rays. Saturday mornings are walk in days so it's always swamped!!

Anyway - good news. Well bittersweet news. Her upper respiratory infection is getting better, that should continue to respond to the antibiotics and she will recover from that.

Her legs, her x-rays showed spondylitis, or bony growths, in her spine. Some of these have been broken and are stabbing her in the soft tissue and pinching the nerves in her spine. Those should heal in time with rest and she should recover use of her little leggies. She also has the beginnings of arthritis in her knees. She is staying through Monday and if everything looks like it's improving she should be able to come home! She will be on cage rest for a while and probably anti-inflammatories and etc for a while. She has a long road to recovery, but I'm not going to lose her!!!!

She's still a sick little girl but I'm so glad to have an answer. The fact that this back thing happened at the same time as the respiratory infection was utter coincidence and was so scary because all the symptoms together point to scary scary things!

FYI I've lost 9 pounds through all this this week.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #83

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/155 169.4 VFT!
WOE: Weight loss surgery (VSG) + Low Carb + Exercise
Start Date: 1998; Restart May 2007 @355; WLS March 2010
The spine thing sounds sooo painful
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
It sure does, but it sounds promising now. I sure hope you get her back ASAP.
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
The spine thing sounds sooo painful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
It sure does, but it sounds promising now. I sure hope you get her back ASAP.
Yes, it is unfortunately. It gets worse with age and isn't usually seen in dogs until they are way way older - like end of life older. She'll be less active because of it, her spine will eventually fuse over and she will have less mobility. In worst scenarios she will lose mobility totally, becoming paralyzed. BUT keeping her trim and as active as can be should help. We will see if she will still be able to run with me for SHORTER distances, but she might be doing more walking than anything in her future.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #86

I'm just so happy we have an answer and she might be coming home. I've been working all day today getting the house and the back yard in shape for her. Since her mobility is severely limited right now I've been rearranging and making easier walking paths for her, moving obstacles and making spots for her to rest and lay down in every room.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #87

Oh, and SELLING all kinds of stuff to help pay for her vet bill. I don't know what it will be after a week in the hospital but her first vet visit and her emergency clinic visit cost us $200 so far.

(Worth every penny!)
Old 09-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #88

Quote:
My Molly didn't make it. She won't be coming home.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #89

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/155 169.4 VFT!
WOE: Weight loss surgery (VSG) + Low Carb + Exercise
Start Date: 1998; Restart May 2007 @355; WLS March 2010
Quote:
What?? Oh no. I thought it was looking pretty certain she would be on the mend. I am soooo sorry Heather
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Heather, I'm so sad for all of you. I know what Molly means to you and I'm so sorry for your loss.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote