Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
congrats to everyone staying on track. I exercised 5 out of the past 8 days, so I am happy about that. Today I couldn't get to it til way after it was already too hot, so I went to the mall and walked in there! I won't make a habit of it - I walk a bit too fast for most of that crowd, but I had to do it somewhere!

Today has been a protein shake (in two parts - the second with some banana and peanut butter thrown in) and a greek fage yogurt. I will be having some roast beef for dinner and I am cooking a butternut squash for the very first time - I'm interested to see how that goes over here.

I had a bad day yesterday. I wore a size Large shirt (really should have had an XL) and an XL shirt/jacket and my dark blue jeans from last year. It all just felt small and short and wrong. I am having serious body issues. I've gained weight (I was 199.6 this morning) and I am puffy, too. Maybe I still have a little puffiness from the internal bleeding, but honestly, I think all the FOOD I eat has a lot more to do with it. So...I'm being careful. Again. Let's say I am 17 pounds from my lowest, and that is NOT ok. My first goal is to drop ten pounds, then work on the other 7. I am hoping I can drop a few quickly, but, in general, I just have to pretend I am 3 months out, not almost three years out from surgery. No tasting or nibbles or "just this one time" thinking. I don't like feeling "fat," as stupid as that might sound to some people who still have more to lose than me. I just feel like I'm failing and backsliding. I don't EVER wanna be over 200 again, so obviously I have to get to it. Which I am...
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 09-07-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
HT I believe in you, You have came to far and gone through to much to ever go back. Just like me, I need to get my head on straight lol... ((((HUGS))))) & support coming your way...
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you so much! I needed to hear that. I think you can do it, too...we didn't come this far to mess up! I know we can do it...
Old 09-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I've been really strict lately and tracking everything. Why isn't my weight dropping? Could it be the strength classes I'm taking and it's adding muscle and that weighs more so maybe it's slowing up my weight loss??? Tuesday will be 3 weeks of doing it 2X a week.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #35

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I've been really strict lately and tracking everything. Why isn't my weight dropping? Could it be the strength classes I'm taking and it's adding muscle and that weighs more so maybe it's slowing up my weight loss??? Tuesday will be 3 weeks of doing it 2X a week.
You've upped your activity significantly. But you aren't feeding it more to compensate. It's not letting anything go. Eventually it will again, its inevitable, but you have to feed it fuel to keep the engine burning. That'll get you over the hump faster!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #36

HT just keep asking who's gonna win this - you or the food?

And that 200# mark is a HUGE motivator!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

I am going to win!!!

Down a pound today to 198.8... Baby steps.

I'm not sure if this is a gallbladder removal problem, but ever since that surgery sometimes my guts just feel so tight and kinda clenched. I can't accurately describe it, but it isn't very pleasant. My doc said something about your body taking some time to figure out how to handle things after the gallbladder is gone. I hope that is all it is.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 09-08-2013 at 01:33 PM..
Old 09-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I am going to win!!!

Down a pound today to 198.8... Baby steps.

I'm not sure if this is a gallbladder removal problem, but ever since that surgery sometimes my guts just feel so tight and kinda clenched. I can't accurately describe it, but it isn't very pleasant. My doc said something about your body taking some time to figure out how to handle things after the gallbladder is gone. I hope that is all it is.
Baby steps add up to something significant
Jesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #39

I tried to run this morning with Molly, but there's something wrong with her. She didn't even make it a half mile - she was balking on me and kept trying to sit down. Her mouth was foamy and drooly and she was mouth breathing. It's about 70 degrees so she's not too hot. She didn't really eat much last night either. We turned right around and now we're going to go to the doctor instead. He opens at 8 so we'll need to be there around 740 to get in as a drop in. She NEVER ever doesn't want to run, it's her favorite thing - so I think she's sick. I'm very worried about her!!!

OOPS, wrong month. See how worried I am, I can't think!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
You've upped your activity significantly. But you aren't feeding it more to compensate. It's not letting anything go. Eventually it will again, its inevitable, but you have to feed it fuel to keep the engine burning. That'll get you over the hump faster!
I FINALLY hit the 100 pound goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what should I do to make it go faster???? Add calories? I usually meet my protein goal but not my calorie goal which is only 1200.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #41

Quote:

So what should I do to make it go faster???? Add calories? I usually meet my protein goal but not my calorie goal which is only 1200.
Who gave you that calorie goal?
Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #42

Quote:
Lol well I guess that was blunt.

I only ask because sometimes we make a goal for ourselves that isn't compatible with our activity levels. I had a body fat analysis done and was suprised by the results. Remember the analysis has nothing to do with surgery or how far out you are... just your weight, your calorie intake and your calorie burn.

The recommendation was to GAIN 7 pounds of muscle or LOSE 7 pounds of fat to reduce my body fat to 19%. I should eat 2416 calories a day (uh...) to prevent starvation and fat storage/muscle wasting and promote fat loss.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #43

Quote:
The website that I use to track my food and exercise.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #44

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yahooo!!!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #45

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
I tried to run this morning with Molly, but there's something wrong with her. She didn't even make it a half mile - she was balking on me and kept trying to sit down. Her mouth was foamy and drooly and she was mouth breathing. It's about 70 degrees so she's not too hot. She didn't really eat much last night either. We turned right around and now we're going to go to the doctor instead. He opens at 8 so we'll need to be there around 740 to get in as a drop in. She NEVER ever doesn't want to run, it's her favorite thing - so I think she's sick. I'm very worried about her!!!

Heather I moved this over here.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Heather I moved this over here.
I reposted it over here too lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I hope she's OK. Keep us up to date.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Feels so good!!!! what an accomplishment! Soon you will be in onderland!!!!!!

My tracking website also suggests I eat 1200 calories but I ignore it ~ during my most active weight loss phase I never ate that much. My doctor's office recommends minimum of 60 grams of protein and 900 calories a day. I hear other people say they need much more protein than that. I average around 76 or so. My WLS team is not concerned about carbs in terms of numbers, but rather the quality of the carbs. They encourage milk, yogurt, brown rice, whole grains. For me, I stopped counting carbs and followed their advice, maybe I would have lost faster with 40 or less grams of carbs, but I felt too crappy. I do eat around 1200 calories now , but I only lose about 2 pounds a month. Some people lose fine while eating that much, but I was not one of them. If you are feeling okay, there is no reason you need to hit that target. Part of the beauty of a VSG is for a time it enables you to eat low calories so you can blast off more weight. From what our WLS vets are saying, it doesn't last forever, so you may want to maximize low calories while you can.

So today I tangled with some cookies, the not so good. The good is, as soon as I was popping an unplanned for cookie in my mouth I knew I had to get rid of them. I asked my son to keep them in his room, and if he hadn't wanted them they were going in the trash. That's the difference for me; I may not be perfectly in control at every moment, but I feel like I have some strategies to help me get back in control before there is too much damage. In the past, I would have scarfed them all, had a stomach ache and been sad. so, not perfect, but way way better. I always felt so powerless in the face of food cravings, now I feel so much stronger and able to cope. I love my sleeve.

Last edited by Jesse; 09-09-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Old 09-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I hope she's OK. Keep us up to date.
She's not doing well at all. She gets short bursts of energy where she thinks she can run around with Tito, but then she gets so fatigued she can barely walk 3 steps without sitting down to rest. My heart is breaking for her. She insists on following me from room to room just to lay at my feet. I feel bad when I need to move to another room. I've mainly been working in one room today, clearing out things and getting it ready for my "new to me" sewing cabinet I just picked up and brought in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sewing.jpg (24.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg sewing2.jpg (25.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Hi ladies!!!!! So I'm back to low carbing now. I had lost down to 145 a couple wks after baby girl arrived, (felt and looked sickly at that weight). Then last week I got up to 157 eating waaaaay too much junky carbs so I reigned it in and have been low carb the past 3 days. The scale is down to 153 already. I would like to reach 150 and maintain there. MAINTAIN. That's the hardest part, isn't it?

I got a bunch of lab work done recently and I'm still anemic and very low in B12. My vit D was pretty low on the scale too, so I'm supplementing and trying to get all 3 up into a good range. Good news is my cholesterol was perfect and my calcium levels were great.

Here's a couple pics of my little sweetie, Janessa Pearl. She brings so much joy to our family! The first are when she was 3 weeks old and the second was her 2 month photo just taken 8/29. <3 her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC7178.jpg (27.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC7199.jpg (54.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6518.jpg (26.0 KB, 11 views)
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
Hi ladies!!!!! So I'm back to low carbing now. I had lost down to 145 a couple wks after baby girl arrived, (felt and looked sickly at that weight). Then last week I got up to 157 eating waaaaay too much junky carbs so I reigned it in and have been low carb the past 3 days. The scale is down to 153 already. I would like to reach 150 and maintain there. MAINTAIN. That's the hardest part, isn't it?

I got a bunch of lab work done recently and I'm still anemic and very low in B12. My vit D was pretty low on the scale too, so I'm supplementing and trying to get all 3 up into a good range. Good news is my cholesterol was perfect and my calcium levels were great.

Here's a couple pics of my little sweetie, Janessa Pearl. She brings so much joy to our family! The first are when she was 3 weeks old and the second was her 2 month photo just taken 8/29. <3 her
Oh my gosh, that is one seriously cute little girl
Old 09-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:

you made the century club

I kept my calories between 600-900 during weight loss. *** always gave me popups saying I needed to up my calories.

Heather, question....I am starting a couch to 5k today. I know nothing about running. How do you determine how fast you should run and should I be wearing a heart rate monitor. I want to get the maximum benefit without having a heart attack.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I need to start tracking my food again. I decided to try to lose another five pounds or so. I really want to burn some body fat hence trying to do some running. I remember on the Biggest Loser they always push running as a first choice for that.

I gave up my gym membership i am just not a gym person. I decided to try some hot yoga with the running to try to tone up. I start yoga Thursday I am shooting for twice a week. Does anyone think this will work and is twice a week enough?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post

Cute baby
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #55

Jesse--good job on using your strategies to stop the cookie monster.

HH--cute little girl there.

Chrissy--twice a week for yoga and then running sounds like plenty to me.

Heather--sorry Molly is still so sick. Hugs for both of you.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #56

I hit a new low today---only 5 pounds away from ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hit a new low today---only 5 pounds away from ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
isn't it a great feeling.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
Heather, question....I am starting a couch to 5k today. I know nothing about running. How do you determine how fast you should run and should I be wearing a heart rate monitor. I want to get the maximum benefit without having a heart attack.
You might feel like you're having a heart attack in the beginning anyway! There are different levels of pace. You want to be winded, but not so much that you can't conversate. A HRM isn't necessary, but a good one will keep you on track and tell you when you are in a fat burning zone. If you get a GPS HRM it will help keep you at a steady pace. My problem always was I'd start out too fast because I was fresh and then lose it before mile 2. You want to start steady and stable so that you can finish strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I gave up my gym membership i am just not a gym person. I decided to try some hot yoga with the running to try to tone up. I start yoga Thursday I am shooting for twice a week. Does anyone think this will work and is twice a week enough?
Yoga and running is all I've really stuck to. I do some insanity and insanity style cardio but meat and potatoes is the run/yoga. Twice a week is good. I was up to 5-6 times a week for a while.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #59

Molly is in the hospital.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tybeeanna
Stats: H286 }232VSG{ C162 G when I get there
WOE: low/carb 8-21-12
Start Date: 8/21/12
Quote:
Molly is in the hospital.
Hope she is better soon.. Any ideal of what happen to her?
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote