Start Date: 1998; Restart May 2007 @355; WLS March 2010
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOT TAMALE!!!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
3 mile/34 minute run tonight with Molls. It felt great. I really enjoy running. I'm good on food too, haven't done too bad at all. About to add in my last few hours worth of calories - a slider sized burger patty and a small jazz apple. Then I'm going to have a cold cold water and probably an electrolyte drink.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #63

Okay just added it all up and I'm at 1104 calories for the day. My BMF burn is just about 2500 so far. I could have benefited from about 200-300 more calories today.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #64

Had to be at work by 6 am so no run this morning - glad that I got a good one in last night.

Plan for today:

B - 1.5 scoop mint cookie protein on the way to work
L - 1.5 oz canned cooked chicken breast, 1/3 cup chickpeas, tbsp pepperoncini peppers, 1/4 avocado, sprinkle of dehydrated diced onions. I also have 1 oz hummus and 10 snap peas left from yesterday that I didn't eat.
s - small jazz apple or mint cookie protein
D - no idea! Chicken?

Workout - nothing planned, but I'll get a 2.5-3 mile run in if nothing else
Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Does the BB not do all that? I have the BodyMedia Fit Link and it integrates with all my stuff... my iphone, my Withings WiFi scale, my food and run tracking apps, tons of stuff!

It does have a monthly fee too for the website service but it's just $7 a month if I pay monthly or less if I pay in a lump sum.
Bb used to have a yearly fee and you could get in on specials pretty darn cheap but they switched to monthly only.

I had to hook my bb up to my computer to upload, now everything is wireless and so much easier. My computer is old and I rarely use it. I use my iPads or my iphone for everything. I do have some concerns about how accurate the fitbit is but from everything I read it is pretty good.
Chrissykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
Bb used to have a yearly fee and you could get in on specials pretty darn cheap but they switched to monthly only.

I had to hook my bb up to my computer to upload, now everything is wireless and so much easier. My computer is old and I rarely use it. I use my iPads or my iphone for everything. I do have some concerns about how accurate the fitbit is but from everything I read it is pretty good.
Okay, so that makes sense. We basically have the same thing but mine's nto associated with that gym and is the next model up that interfaces wirelessly with phones, scales, etc. Mine can be uploaded wirelessly for certain data and I can upload with a cord for more detailed information and graphs on sleep and all that. I have a friend that uses what you have and she really likes it.

There are so many out there that there are tons of options!

I'm excited because I am going to buy my Garmin next paycheck. I have a good little bit of overtime and pretty much no bills that need to go out. So its Garmin, new phone, road ID, preferably some new shoes and some new running gear. Shopping spree!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #67

Number on the scale was stable. Down four pounds, but then I'm always down four pounds when I'm actually mindful and purposeful in my choices.

B - early shift at work so mint cookie protein
L - canned cooked chicken, 1/4 tomato, chickpeas, onions, pepperoncini peppers. I have hummus and snap peas if needed left from yesterday (STILL haven't eaten them!)
s - apple or mint cookie protein
D - probably nothing fancy, leftovers or a repeat version of some sort of lunch. Hubby is going to OK for a conference and will be back tomorrow night.

Workout - run with Molly. I didn't run last night because we were going to run this morning since I didn't have to be in until 8ish. Well then my boss called late last night and needed me here at 6 am so... yeah. Mileage will depend on the temp, but I'm shooting for 3 miles minimum. If it's toooooo hot it'll be more like 2 for Molly. Mi
Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Okay, so that makes sense. We basically have the same thing but mine's nto associated with that gym and is the next model up that interfaces wirelessly with phones, scales, etc. Mine can be uploaded wirelessly for certain data and I can upload with a cord for more detailed information and graphs on sleep and all that. I have a friend that uses what you have and she really likes it.

There are so many out there that there are tons of options!

I'm excited because I am going to buy my Garmin next paycheck. I have a good little bit of overtime and pretty much no bills that need to go out. So its Garmin, new phone, road ID, preferably some new shoes and some new running gear. Shopping spree!
Sounds awesome

I downloaded a couch to 5k app this morning. I want to lower my body fat so cardio here I come.
Chrissykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
Sounds awesome

I downloaded a couch to 5k app this morning. I want to lower my body fat so cardio here I come.
Runkeeper. It's an awesome app to track your progress!
Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #70

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/155 169.4 VFT!
WOE: Weight loss surgery (VSG) + Low Carb + Exercise
I went for an hour long jog/walk last night, it helped with the insomnia I've been struggling with. Talk about motivation.... I went with the special guy I mentioned a couple of weeks ago
Old 08-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I went for an hour long jog/walk last night, it helped with the insomnia I've been struggling with. Talk about motivation.... I went with the special guy I mentioned a couple of weeks ago
I hope the fun continues!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #72

Quote:
A cute guy that works out with you? Yes!

And wtg on the hour!
Old 08-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #73

Okay I'm back on track. And I'm rocking it. It just takes getting back into that groove and exercising good decision making and self control for me. Hard to start, hard to get back to when you derail - but easy to maintain when you prepare.

Today I woke up and went on a 2 mile run with Molly. Shower.

B - mint cookie protein
s - iced skinny decaf
L - 1/4 tomato, 2 hb egg, 10 snap peas and an ounce of hummus
s - mint cookie protein
D - no plan really but it's either grilled chicken or some version repeat of lunch but w/o eggs.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I fell off the wagon HARD. Gained FOUR pounds in 4 days! I ate some awful things and fell right back into some horrific habits. Well, I AM BACK, PEOPLE!!! Enough is enough! No more full-sugar anything. No bread, no rice, no pasta!!! No waffles or ice cream or chocolate or jelly beans or ...you name it, I think I had it in the past 4 days. A birthday is NOT a license to make the worst possible choices for the rest of the week! I am dumbfounded I did that, but totally intent on getting back to appropriate eating and even exercising more often as I start to feel better. My goal for September: By 9/30 I am going to weigh 189 or less.
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 191 / 174 (-17)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #75

Thanks for sharing in my excitement, ladies
I think I am going to sign up for the 5K electric race this year..... Beginning of Nov. I'm going to ask special guy if he wants to train with me
Old 08-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I fell off the wagon HARD. Gained FOUR pounds in 4 days! I ate some awful things and fell right back into some horrific habits. Well, I AM BACK, PEOPLE!!! Enough is enough! No more full-sugar anything. No bread, no rice, no pasta!!! No waffles or ice cream or chocolate or jelly beans or ...you name it, I think I had it in the past 4 days. A birthday is NOT a license to make the worst possible choices for the rest of the week! I am dumbfounded I did that, but totally intent on getting back to appropriate eating and even exercising more often as I start to feel better. My goal for September: By 9/30 I am going to weigh 189 or less.
Good for you! Once you get all that crap out of your system you'll feel better and those 4 will come off!

Quote:
I think I am going to sign up for the 5K electric race thiis year..... Beginning of Nov. I'm going to ask special guy if he wants to train with me
Do it! That one sounds like a blast!

D - canned cooked chicken, chickpeas, 1/4 tomato, 6 tiny orange tomatoes from my garden, pepperoncinis and dehydrated minced onion. Oh and a baby bel light cheese. 200 cals and just under 20g protein.

Total 940 calories for the day. I'll add another 200 calories of something later to get it closer to 1200.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I think I am going to sign up for the 5K electric race this year..... Beginning of Nov. I'm going to ask special guy if he wants to train with me
That sounds like a great goal and a great time, too.

I hope he says yes. I'm glad you're having fun!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #78

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I am so disgusted with myself. I've been snacking too much and too often. I get bored and just get something to it. Even extra turkey or chees sticks are not good and certainly it's not from hunger. I'm sliding back into feeding my emotions and it is dangerous. I am only going on 9 months out. This can't happen. It is going to stop starting today. If I need something, it will be an extra protein shake and that is it. I also really need to call and make a counseling appointment this week to work on my head and stuff. Please give any advice you might have. I appreciate all of you and your wisdom. Plus not to mention the biggest issue and maybe one of the causes of this, I've been on a stall for 7 or 8 weeks now. GRRRRRR So close to the 100 pounds but just can't get there. And I keep asking myself, what am I doing to get there? Certainly not enough.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I am so disgusted with myself. I've been snacking too much and too often. I get bored and just get something to it. Even extra turkey or chees sticks are not good and certainly it's not from hunger. I'm sliding back into feeding my emotions and it is dangerous. I am only going on 9 months out. This can't happen. It is going to stop starting today. If I need something, it will be an extra protein shake and that is it. I also really need to call and make a counseling appointment this week to work on my head and stuff. Please give any advice you might have. I appreciate all of you and your wisdom. Plus not to mention the biggest issue and maybe one of the causes of this, I've been on a stall for 7 or 8 weeks now. GRRRRRR So close to the 100 pounds but just can't get there. And I keep asking myself, what am I doing to get there? Certainly not enough.
This is a struggle for me as well. I have to define NEED when asking myself if I need something. Does my calorie count say I need it? Does my body say I need it? Does my head? And which one do I listen to? What am I feeling when I "need" this? Hunger (real hunger?)? Boredom? Anxiety? Is it always a certain time of day?

My only suggestion is to pay hard attention to what is going on, track every bite and nibble you put in your mouth (yes, even those tiny licks off a spoon!) and what your emotions are at the time. You can find patterns. You can learn to divert yourself at these times to something other than food. If it's always a certain time, plan to go workout or something else just before it hits so that you are already busy!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #80

Last day before the first day of school, so just getting everything together and making sure all the summer homework for my son's AP class is done. I'm out of printer ink so I have to run up to work today to print his stuff out - provided he finishes the rest of it! I told him early afternoon at the latest or he's out of luck. I'm not running out to print at 8 pm!

Slept in a little today so it was too hot to get out for a run already!

Just having a mint cookie protein now so that's kinda breakfast and lunch. I'll have a bit of something in a few hours to make up the missed calories.

I think dinner is going to be mexican food out but I always get the same thing. Either share a fajita plate with my hubby or a bowl of charro beans. If I get the fajitas I really only eat a bit of meat (chicken and steak - about an ounce if that), some of the veggies and the charro beans. So either way I'm indifferent about what I order lol.

If everything settles down then I'll get out for a run this evening with Molly after it cools down. 3 miles planned. I'd like to increase my run distance but I need to baby step her into it. I'm just now getting to a consistent 3 mile distance with her. When the weather gets cooler I'll start. Too hot for her to do more now.

Tomorrow is the first day of school and my son has to be there at 7 every morning. I need to figure out a plan to see if I can go for a run in the mornings - gotta work out the timing. Come October I think it will start to be cooler so it won't matter as much. But until then...
Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather - Good luck with your son getting his work done. Can you believe we are starting the 4th week of school already here? I truly admire your consistency with getting something done exercise/running-wise so often! You Rock!

Chewie, I feel your pain, and I can only second everything that Heather said. I have to admit, I was soooo strict with myself the entire first year and then some... Over time, I have really let a lot of my bad eating habits come back into my life and I have the weight gain to prove it. Back up NOW to being as strict and vigilant as you can be. Trust me (me & Heather, I bet she'd agree), it is easier to do where you are in the process than where we are!

That said, I was very strict yesterday (2 protein shakes in place of breakfast and dinner, and had some grilled seafood for lunch. Also did have a Greek yogurt and two protein bars throughout the day - I was out running errands, etc...) and this morning I had lost the entire 4 pounds I had been up! Shocking, but it isn't enough. Oh, I was pretty psyched - lunch was at Red Lobster, and I passed on the biscuits (something I love - back in the day I'd easily have 3 or 4 - or more), the rice, and dessert.

This morning I was up at 6:30AM (not planned) and said, "Okay - just DO this!" So I did. I walked about 2 miles (my longest since before surgery), showered, and went to church with my kids. After church we went to McDonald's. I got the "big breakfast:" eggs, sausage patty, hashbrown, and a biscuit. I only had the eggs and sausage and took the carbs home to my husband. Just a few days ago I'd have eaten the hashbrown for sure, and possibly turned all of that into a big breakfast biscuit sandwich. I am making progress. Having a mint cookie shake for lunch right now and a turkey breast is in the oven for dinner.

I AM BACK, PEOPLE!! 189 ASAP!!!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 08-25-2013 at 10:36 AM..
Old 08-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #82

HT.. love your enthusiasm!
Old 08-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #83

B - Gingerbread latte protein shake
S - Atkins daybreak bar
L - Some sort of salad with chicken?
D - Chicken wings (baked, with ranch seasoning sprinkled on)
Old 08-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Mary! Can you tell me where you get the different protein shakes you have (gingerbread, for example)? I need to shake things up some. I still like mint cookie, but I just overdid it and need to not have it every single day!

I don't think you have my bikini pics. I'll send them to you soon if you'd be able to do that for me. Thank you!!
Old 08-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #85

HT I have zero carb isopure vanilla and isopure chocolate which are not super sweet (to my tastes).... then I mix it with starbucks via instant coffee and other stuff (like coconut milk, calorie countdown milk, unsweetened soy milk, etc)....

I have 4 flavors of monin syrup.... ginger bread (love! goes with vanilla), white chocolate (goes with vanilla), hazelnut (which I like with the chocolate and nescafe hazelnut instant coffee instead of the via) and caramel (goes with either). I also have vanilla but I mix it with yogurt and stuff mostly.

I also have a chocolate mint protein powder and a peppermint sugar free syrup (starbucks)

I need to take a pic of my "breakfast bar" .... it's all that stuff plus my magic bullet

The shakes I make are just one scoop of protein powder these days, but I make them big (fills a whole netrition shaker cup) so they are water and ice and not tooooo sweet, also.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Old 08-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #86

PS forgot to answer where I buy. I buy on netrition, or if I remember during the first week of the month and need isopure, my local GNC.

I also use peanut butter cookie protizyme which is omg good

I've never have been able to find monin locally, so those are netrition also, and the gingerbread, since netrition doesn't have it (yet ), Amazon.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:14 AM   #87

Sleepy today. I had a mini binge I guess you could call it last night. Must have been craving salt...? A bunch of watermelon sprinkled with salt, a strip of beef jerky, a protein bar, pepperonis, a piece of italian bread- not all at once of course! Between dinner and bed, over a few hours. Totally unneccesary. I paid for it with some water weight on the scale, but that will go quickly if I hydrate today. Now that I think about it I really didn't drink much of anything over the weekend.

2 mile run this morning.

B - peanut butter cookie protein drink
water push!
L - chicken, chickpeas, pepperoncinis, tomato
s - apple or mint cookie protein
D - no plan, chicken or ground beef something with veggies.

First day of school. My daughter's back home and starts college today. My son starts high school. My fdos picture is a little non-standard. He had to be there at 645 and she doesn't start until 930.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg school.jpg (38.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #88

HT--great job on the walk and McD's eating too.

I am going to use *** to log my food and stuff. I haven't really done it since before wls.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #89

Quote:
(love! goes with vanilla), white chocolate (goes with vanilla), hazelnut (which I like with the chocolate and nescafe hazelnut instant coffee instead of the via) and caramel (goes with either). I also have vanilla but I mix it with yogurt and stuff mostly.
I have a million billion DaVincis syrups that I need to start using - they don't expire do they? Seriously, I use a double wine rack to hold them. From the usual standbys, the seasonals, to stuff like watermelon and lime! I wanted, I bought and I haven't opened many at all!

We need a "what to use your sf syrups for" thread! I could use some ideas!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #90

Quote:
I have a million billion DaVincis syrups that I need to start using - they don't expire do they? Seriously, I use a double wine rack to hold them. From the usual standbys, the seasonals, to stuff like watermelon and lime! I wanted, I bought and I haven't opened many at all!

We need a "what to use your sf syrups for" thread! I could use some ideas!
I have too many also. I went crazy thinking I was going to use them and I don't. I always go back to my fav which is caramel.