LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Melt adn absorb through the veins but it won't all disappear.
Most of it melts but there is some left that I end up swallowing. I try and just let the little bit left sit but I want to drink water so I swallow. LOL
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #32

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Most of it melts but there is some left that I end up swallowing. I try and just let the little bit left sit but I want to drink water so I swallow. LOL
Yeah, I think it gives you a time to hold under the tongue (15 secs I think mine is?). I just let it sit until it dissolves into a puddle of goo and the swallow it down.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I use a liquid. It isn't very good-tasting, but I've just gotten used to it. Blech.

Sad news: For some reason I am not enjoying my mint cookie shakes like I had been! I am shocked! I still like them, but I'm no longer in love. Oh well, all good things eventually end...
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I use a liquid. It isn't very good-tasting, but I've just gotten used to it. Blech.

Sad news: For some reason I am not enjoying my mint cookie shakes like I had been! I am shocked! I still like them, but I'm no longer in love. Oh well, all good things eventually end...
No!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
No!!!!!!!
Is this a sign of the coming apocalypse?
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

*Looks around* Today I had the Matrix (just plain) chocolate protein shake. Ummmm, I liked it a lot...
Old 08-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #37

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/155 169.4 VFT!
WOE: Weight loss surgery (VSG) + Low Carb + Exercise
Start Date: 1998; Restart May 2007 @355; WLS March 2010
lol HT do you feel like you are cheating on your Mint Cookie?
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

I DO!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #39

Quote:

I use a liquid b-complex. I had to laugh, the outside says "New and Improved, better taste!) when I first bought it. I tried it and I was like "what the heck did it taste like before!!!???".
Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #40

I ran a mile with Molly this morning. That was hard. Just getting up off the couch is HARD when I feel like I do lately. It's a deep down bone tired feeling.

B - hb egg
L - chicken, avocado, chickpeas, cottage cheese.
s - protein drink or snap peas and hummus
D - no idea! I didn't take anything out.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

How are you feeling, Heather? I'm slowly improving. I sleep more and lay around more right now, but I figure I need to. I don't want to eat as much as I used to, but I'll take that, because I know I'm still eating plenty. A college friend came to see me and I managed to walk a little over 8K steps that day! I was shocked - and exhausted... The blood doc says I am doing well, and says walking and moving around are the best things I can do to avoid adhesions which could lead to a possible bowel obstruction! I'm like, "Oh great, something ELSE to worry about!" I do worry about every ache and pain, but I think that is pretty normal considering what I've been through. I can see some of the swelling has gone down, but I still feel stuffed and I still have a bit of an ache where my gallbladder was. I hope that is all normal... I'm thinking I may purposely try to walk a mile after work one of these days - start working back to where I was. Good news is today I was 194.1 - I had been hovering around 197 before the surgery and this mess, so at least I'm on the way down.

My birthday is in ten days. I'd love to be 189...but as long as I'm still going down I'll take whatever it says.
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 190 / 174 (-18)
Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #42

Wow, our group must be super busy. I am really struggling with this stupid depression, I have no joy, have nothing to look forward to and just feel blah. My weight has stalled and I'm just in a holding pattern. We've had tons of rain and that's not helping me either.

Happy early birthday to Heather and HT.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Leslie-San
WOE: WLS
Quote:
Wow, our group must be super busy. I am really struggling with this stupid depression, I have no joy, have nothing to look forward to and just feel blah. My weight has stalled and I'm just in a holding pattern. We've had tons of rain and that's not helping me either.

Sorry Chewbeast....I'm there...been there for over two years now

My dh is in Austin for about two weeks and I hate it.

I don't even want to go to therapy on Thursday.
Leslie-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #44

Quote:

Late birthday.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

WHAT! WE MISSED YOUR BIRTHDY!?!?!?!?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, HEATHER!!!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Chewie - I feel you - I'm still nowhere near my normally pretty upbeat self. How about make something to look forward to?

Leslie! Go to therapy! I'm almost sure it can help!

I walked 1.1 miles today on the treadmill and then walked up and down 10 flights of stairs. I did it all slowly...it is a start.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #47

Quote:
I did it all slowly...it is a start.
At 6 mph or 2 mph, a mile is still a mile!

My workouts have been inconsistent. It's still 90 degrees after 9pm here now so running in the evenings are out for a bit. I've been going in to work 1 1/2 - 2 hours earlier than normal because of the physician implementation we're doing right now so unless I want to be out at 3:30 -4 am (I don't lol!). Even though I run with Molly, whom I know would protect me with her LIFE, I'd rather just NOT be out at that hour alone.

Meals have been cruddy, well not really - but "dinners" have been. Hubby got me a piece of nsa carrot cake from my favorite SF bakery and I ate that up (it was abotu 3" x 4" x 2.5" tall) Monday and yesterday. I need to get my head around this. I'm still in the 150's for now... but that won't last if I keep it up!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #48

I need to find a therapist but it's so daunting. I went to one that was recommended and she was all "new age" and not my cup of tea. I tried to convince myself that I like it but I didn't keep my follow up so I guess it wasn't working. Maybe next week after my kids go back to school (YAY!!!!!), I can take some "me" time and figure it out.

Happy belated bd, Heather.
HT--good job on the exercise, it's better than sitting on the couch like me. lol
Leslie--go and talk--it'll make you feel better.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

It was btw 2.5 and 2.7 mph

I've realized that I have had the same nagging pain ever since all this happened. I also realized today that that pain is NOT where a gallbladder should be...it is where an OVARY is... And, since I know I had a cyst on one, I'm wondering if the pressure from the internal bleeding is making it hurt. I have an appointment with my gyn tomorrow for an ultrasound, so at least we can say yes that is it or rule it out... PLEASE, CAN I GET BACK TO MY "NORMAL" LIFE?!?!?!?!?
Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #50

Oh HT, you've had so many problems. Hope this is the last one.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:47 AM   #51

Quote:
PLEASE, CAN I GET BACK TO MY "NORMAL" LIFE?!?!?!?!?
Yes please! And stat! You've had enough!!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #52

Early morning at work for me today again. I was filling the new other brand camelbak style water thing for my son this morning at 530 and spilled most of it while trying to get the lid screwed back on. So I ended up cleaning up a wet watery mess instead of gathering my breakfast and lunch. I did get his all packed up (band camp 645-1700) which is good because if I didn't he'd walk out the door with no water, no food, no gatorade or anything!

Anyway... so breakfast was (is) a protein drink. I'm bloated - my scrub top is a little more fitted in the tummy today - but we ate out last night and I had charro beans.

For a bit there I wasn't running as much since I needed to be at work so early, but the weather was nicer the last few nights so I got some miles in in the evenings. That was nice. I have a knot in my right calf though and can't roll or stretch it out. I feel it especially on stairs. I hope to run tonight. I can't WAIT until work calms down some so that I can get back to running in the mornings again.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:37 AM   #53

Wow, it's the first day of school today. Accckkk! Hard to believe the summer is coming to a close already.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #54

Quote:
Wow, it's the first day of school today. Accckkk! Hard to believe the summer is coming to a close already.
We still have a week. Good thing because my kid hasn't done his summer assignments for PreAP classes! He has 3!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Hi everyone, I still check on everyone but don't always post.

Happy birthday Chewie and Heather!!!

I am doing ok, I work a lot and my kids are complaining I am never home but other than that life is moving along.

I got sick of the monthly fee on my Bodybugg so I dumped it and went to a Fitbit and the Fitbit scale. I love this setup so much better. I have everything sync to my iPad and iPhone so I have all my info at my fingertips. I am loving the scale since it is wifi and uploads to fitbit and ************ automatically. Best money ever spent!

I am back to tracking my food since my eating has been so off and seeing the numbers really opens your eyes. I also now realize why I was so fat. I am a food junkie and always used excuses why I couldn't lose the weight. I have been reading up on food addiction and have learned so much about myself.

Hope everyone is doing well
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #56

20 oz water

B - mint cookie protein drink
L - "salad" - canned cooked chicken breast, chickpeas, 1/4 avocado, pepperoncini peppers. Also have 10 snap peas and 1 oz spicy red pepper hummus if needed
s - apple or mint cookie protein
D - no plan, but I have some ground beef that needs to be cooked up or frozen

Power yoga if I can get to it tonight (5:45), a run later if it cools off before too late (9:30p). Ideally it'll be 85ish, that way the puppy doesn't get too hot.

Funny story... last night I told Molly we'd get up at 5am and run this morning. Alarm went off and I guess I was in a sleep coma and I hit snooze or turned it off. I woke up about 6 when I hear my husband talking to the dog "I know your mommy promised you a run and you even brought her shoes to her, but mommy can't run now because she'll be late for work". Evidently the dog had picked up one of my running shoes (from the kitchen floor) and carried it in her mouth, jumped in bed and layed on top of me (she's a 50+ pound pitbull so I MUST have been out cold lol). Sure enough, there's a shoe in the bed with me. It was even the right pair - I have a "retired from running" pair that I wear to work and a "run in right now pair". Along with a "dirty/wet run" pair that I use for rainy days or messy 5k's like the color run or splash dash...

I felt a tad bit guilty for hitting the alarm then. I'm sure the shoe thing was a total coincidence but you never know what goes on in their heads!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I got sick of the monthly fee on my Bodybugg so I dumped it and went to a Fitbit and the Fitbit scale. I love this setup so much better. I have everything sync to my iPad and iPhone so I have all my info at my fingertips. I am loving the scale since it is wifi and uploads to fitbit and ************ automatically. Best money ever spent!

I am back to tracking my food since my eating has been so off and seeing the numbers really opens your eyes. I also now realize why I was so fat. I am a food junkie and always used excuses why I couldn't lose the weight. I have been reading up on food addiction and have learned so much about myself.

Hope everyone is doing well
Does the BB not do all that? I have the BodyMedia Fit Link and it integrates with all my stuff... my iphone, my Withings WiFi scale, my food and run tracking apps, tons of stuff!

It does have a monthly fee too for the website service but it's just $7 a month if I pay monthly or less if I pay in a lump sum.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #58

Oh Heather, Molly is just so cute! Love that story.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #59

Quote:
Oh Heather, Molly is just so cute! Love that story.
She's so smart and I'm often finding myself wondering the extent of her smartness... If I'm up before a certain time in the morning (5-530am) she's so calm and well behaved sitting at my feet while I get dressed. If I'm up that early it's 90% of the time for a run.

Otherwise she's like a bull in a china shop bowling her way through the house, stepping on my feet, picking things up with her mouth... run days or those she assumes are run days from the time - she sits pretty and watches me and waits for her run collar and leash. Consistently.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Cute dog stories.

I continue to feel pretty good and I find myself doing a bit more every day. I'm going to work up to 2 mile walks this weekend, I think. I turned 46 today and I weighed 196.0... I had a goal for a lot less, but life sometimes doesn't work on my schedule... Sooooo, my goal by 8/31 is 194.0 or less. At that time I will see how I'm feeling and plan my September goal.