Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AngeliqueNicole
Stats: 260/162/140
WOE: Atkins (AGAIN!!)
Start Date: Aug 2013
HI All! I'm new/old and I'm back. When I was here before I was pre-surgery and fighting the PCOS routine. Well RNY fixed that as well as it can be fixed, but now I'm trying to catch myself before I get too outta control again.
I had surgery in June 2009 and was ~245 lbs. Lost ~100 lbs in a year. Got pregnant with my daughter. Had her in April of 11 (~170 lbs). And tada - 2 years later I'm near my full term pregnancy weight and REALITY HITS - damn I better get back to eating *right* and exercising *right* (chasing kids does not count!)...
So glad to find a board here that will help me and keep me accountable.

So HIYA!!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeliqueNicole View Post
HI All! I'm new/old and I'm back. When I was here before I was pre-surgery and fighting the PCOS routine. Well RNY fixed that as well as it can be fixed, but now I'm trying to catch myself before I get too outta control again.
I had surgery in June 2009 and was ~245 lbs. Lost ~100 lbs in a year. Got pregnant with my daughter. Had her in April of 11 (~170 lbs). And tada - 2 years later I'm near my full term pregnancy weight and REALITY HITS - damn I better get back to eating *right* and exercising *right* (chasing kids does not count!)...
So glad to find a board here that will help me and keep me accountable.

So HIYA!!
Welcome! And believe me - you've found the right place! We have all different levels and phases of post op and every once in a while someone who's pre-op. My RNY was in March of 2010 so I'm almost 3 1/2 years post op and feeling the whole accountability vs weight gain thing! Post here, and in the other thread all you want. This one is just a general thread. The other is our accountability for food and exercise...
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #93

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Welcome Angelique. What a pretty name. I'm almost 9 months out now and have lost almost 100 pounds. I've been in a stall for a few months, guess my body is readjusting.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Welcome Angelique. What a pretty name. I'm almost 9 months out now and have lost almost 100 pounds. I've been in a stall for a few months, guess my body is readjusting.
Welcome Angelique! I've had a vsg for 14 months. WLS is the best thing I ever did for myself (except for marrying my husband )

Chewiegand I was right at 100 pounds lost around 9 months too.

I was down a pound today, so my theory about my fatigue yesterday seems to be on target.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Welcome Angelique! I've had a vsg for 14 months. WLS is the best thing I ever did for myself (except for marrying my husband )

Chewiegand I was right at 100 pounds lost around 9 months too.

I was down a pound today, so my theory about my fatigue yesterday seems to be on target.
Twins!!!!! We were very close in our before weight too, I was 305.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Busy busy busy time for me! And I have a new office mate so not so much logging on from work! At least for a bit. But it's good because essentially I'm fulfilling 2-3 roles in my current position and once she's up to speed she'll take the physician burden off of me mostly.

Setting my intentions for August...

Weight back into the 140's.
Log 40 miles running for the month.
Stabilize back to a clean, more whole foods woe.
Would you look at that...? Over half the month gone and nope, nothing, nada on the goals.

So you know what. There ain't nothing to it but to do it - so WHY aren't I doing it?!!???! Every day I look at myself and feel sorry for myself because I didn't eat what I should have eaten or worked out as much as I should have/could have worked out.

Guess what's keeping me from doing it? Nothing but me. I wouldn't put up with these crummy excuses from my kids.

No more "secret" eating. If I feel it would embarass me or if I question if I should be eating something sometime... because I'm *clearly* not hungry... should I really be eating it then? Clearly I know something's off with it if I have to do it out of line of sight for fear of judgement...?

This is ridiculous. I'm not incapable of willpower. Why do I think I am lately?

Tough love hard topic... grow up Heather. Get it together Heather. You see how EASY it is to ignore your way to almost 300 pounds. It started somewhere... do you really want to go that route again?

100% accountabiliy and logging. My weight was 156 yesterday and 158 this morning. The little line is trending straight or trending up instead of trending down...

I was honest with myself and know that I'm skipping yoga class because I look so darn bloated and fat (in MY eyes) in my yoga clothes. I've been skipping my favorite acro yoga that I only get to do twice a month because I don't want my most hated enemy to see the 10 pounds I've hung on to for the past few months. My self image is my defense against every thing she's done to me and I don't have it right now so I've been avoiding it like the plague. Reality check - suck it up and own it. Get over myself. Ugh. Honesty stinks!!!
Old 08-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Would you look at that...? Over half the month gone and nope, nothing, nada on the goals.

So you know what. There ain't nothing to it but to do it - so WHY aren't I doing it?!!???! Every day I look at myself and feel sorry for myself because I didn't eat what I should have eaten or worked out as much as I should have/could have worked out.

Guess what's keeping me from doing it? Nothing but me. I wouldn't put up with these crummy excuses from my kids.

No more "secret" eating. If I feel it would embarass me or if I question if I should be eating something sometime... because I'm *clearly* not hungry... should I really be eating it then? Clearly I know something's off with it if I have to do it out of line of sight for fear of judgement...?

This is ridiculous. I'm not incapable of willpower. Why do I think I am lately?

Tough love hard topic... grow up Heather. Get it together Heather. You see how EASY it is to ignore your way to almost 300 pounds. It started somewhere... do you really want to go that route again?

100% accountabiliy and logging. My weight was 156 yesterday and 158 this morning. The little line is trending straight or trending up instead of trending down...

I was honest with myself and know that I'm skipping yoga class because I look so darn bloated and fat (in MY eyes) in my yoga clothes. I've been skipping my favorite acro yoga that I only get to do twice a month because I don't want my most hated enemy to see the 10 pounds I've hung on to for the past few months. My self image is my defense against every thing she's done to me and I don't have it right now so I've been avoiding it like the plague. Reality check - suck it up and own it. Get over myself. Ugh. Honesty stinks!!!
Hey, be nice to my on-line friend Heather. She seems like a really great person who is having a bit of a rough patch right now. Give her a chance to get her equilibrium back and she'll figure it out. So what is it you're eating in secret? Who would be judging you? Are you allowing yourself enough of the right foods to ward off the sudden cravings? Maybe you don't feel hunger in the traditional sense because of your surgery, but your body starts DEMANDING something and there you are eating the secret forbidden foods. I know the upward trend is concerning, but did berating yourself before help you lose weight? I think you should FOR SURE look long and hard and implement changes but also be kind to yourself. You have come so far. Frankly when you post your schedule I wonder how you can do it! You look like super woman to me How is your anemia? Not an excuse, but another reason to be gentle with yourself. It's hard to keep pushing and pushing when the tank is empty. And I hate to hear that that woman has taken your joy from you.... if she is your most hated enemy I don't doubt that she is a loathsome person. To me this is the bigger question ~ your self worth shouldn't all hinge on whether you have 10 more pounds on your frame than you want right now. Don't let this woman take even more from you then she already has. Go back to your yoga class knowing that she could only hope to be the kind of person you are.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #98

Quote:
Hey, be nice to my on-line friend Heather. She seems like a really great person who is having a bit of a rough patch right now. Give her a chance to get her equilibrium back and she'll figure it out. So what is it you're eating in secret? Who would be judging you? Are you allowing yourself enough of the right foods to ward off the sudden cravings? Maybe you don't feel hunger in the traditional sense because of your surgery, but your body starts DEMANDING something and there you are eating the secret forbidden foods. I know the upward trend is concerning, but did berating yourself before help you lose weight? I think you should FOR SURE look long and hard and implement changes but also be kind to yourself. You have come so far. Frankly when you post your schedule I wonder how you can do it! You look like super woman to me How is your anemia? Not an excuse, but another reason to be gentle with yourself. It's hard to keep pushing and pushing when the tank is empty. And I hate to hear that that woman has taken your joy from you.... if she is your most hated enemy I don't doubt that she is a loathsome person. To me this is the bigger question ~ your self worth shouldn't all hinge on whether you have 10 more pounds on your frame than you want right now. Don't let this woman take even more from you then she already has. Go back to your yoga class knowing that she could only hope to be the kind of person you are.
Secret eating - more along the lines of everyone else has gone to bed and I'm like Oh! My body needs a protein bar! Or Hmmmm! Toast might hit the spot right now! Stuff like that. Walking into the kitchen and standing at the sink with a handful of raisins before walking back into the living room. Things I eat out of the line of sight of others because I *know* I don't really need them and there's no need to justify it if no one *really* sees me eating it! They aren't cravings. They're just eatings plain and simple. Boredom and allowance is all it is and that's what I need to put a stop to.

The judging. More people judge every bite that goes into your mouth post op than do not. Not everyone, and usually not those of us who've lived it - but I hear it all the time. So and so had xxx surgery and every day at lunch I see her eating french fries, ice cream, etc... that sort of thing. Lol, I'm a nurse. Nurses talk, I hear it.

It may be a rough patch, but it's been far too long and I've been too allowing. I used the ribs after the accident as an excuse to slack off. Then I got that back on track and used something else. Then something else. I did it all before with no problems, I just need to get back to it. And fast.

My post was in no way a beratement of myself. I think I made that word up but I like it . But rather a straight up no holds barred statement. Stop what I'm doing because I've been there before and it ain't pretty.

Hmmm... and a dagger to the eye is too kind of a treatment for this person. Seriously!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Yep, Heather, I get it. Just a few hours ago I was standing in front of the open fridge while eating from an individual serving size bag of Fritos. Last time I checked Fritos were NOT low carb or high protein! Just have to get myself back in the game, you know? I do think realizing what we are doing is really important...now to just do it and turn it around. I'm with you!

Hi Angelique, and welcome!!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #100

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010

wondering who that hug's for? It's for YOU! Yes, you!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Today is my 1-year "surgiversary". I'm verklempt.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1 Year.png (99.6 KB, 21 views)
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
You look awesome! And I was looking at your run app stats - running a mile in 6 1/2 minutes!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
LOL, Heather. That is misleading - I don't run, I walk (too much skin flops to run!) - and one of those outings was a bike ride. I need to find an app that let's me tell it I'm walking or riding. But Sunday I got in about 5 miles of walking and 6 miles of biking, though I had to do the "walk of shame" when I found myself at what is probably the lowest topographical point of my city, and had to walk my bike up a rather steep hill
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #104

Good morning peeps. Heather--hugs--I aspire to be like you and know that this is not an easy road. People just don't understand at all. As I know everyone here knows, we can't just give up food like an alcoholic can give up alcohol and drug addicts can give up all drugs. This might be even harder than losing the weight the traditional way but I doubt we'll change most people's opinions on it.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #105

So tonight I am starting a weight training class. It is orientation and evaluation. Accckkk I'm apprehensive and scared but I AM GOING TO DO IT. It is twice a week for 90 minutes. I hope to add more activity to my schedule like walking and hopefully another weight training day too. Wish me luck and if you pray, I would appreciate some prayers too.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #106

Quote:
LOL, Heather. That is misleading - I don't run, I walk (too much skin flops to run!) - and one of those outings was a bike ride. I need to find an app that let's me tell it I'm walking or riding. But Sunday I got in about 5 miles of walking and 6 miles of biking, though I had to do the "walk of shame" when I found myself at what is probably the lowest topographical point of my city, and had to walk my bike up a rather steep hill
Okay well you are still putting the miles behind you! I switch back and forth between two different trackers. Once I know I can mention here (I checked!) is Runkeeper. You can change your activity... running, walking, cycling, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, skating, swimming, etc!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #107

Quote:
So tonight I am starting a weight training class. It is orientation and evaluation. Accckkk I'm apprehensive and scared but I AM GOING TO DO IT. It is twice a week for 90 minutes. I hope to add more activity to my schedule like walking and hopefully another weight training day too. Wish me luck and if you pray, I would appreciate some prayers too.
The weight training will change you significantly, but don't be alarmed if you stall or gain BRIEFLY. Your size will get smaller. Muscle is more condensed than fat so more muscle fits in a smaller size jeans. And you do what you can do... it's a little at a time then you increase what you can do!

Cardio will help offset that too.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #108

Quote:
The weight training will change you significantly, but don't be alarmed if you stall or gain BRIEFLY. Your size will get smaller. Muscle is more condensed than fat so more muscle fits in a smaller size jeans. And you do what you can do... it's a little at a time then you increase what you can do!

Cardio will help offset that too.
Thanks. I have been stalled for quite a while now anyway and trying to just stay off the scale and do what I'm supposed to do. I need to do cardio really bad. Hoping for a cool down soon. We're hot here in Arkansas too.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I will get back to doing weights next week. I was reading my journal and found comments about how good I felt after doing the resistance machines and I actually wrote, why do I ever stop going to the gym. I feel so good afterwards. I don't know, short term memory loss? When I do weights, I can just feel the stress leaking out of me. I hope you enjoy it!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congratulations!!! I got very emotional when I was walking into my wls clinic for my one year check up. So much had changed for the better, more than I had even dared hope for.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Yep, Heather, I get it. Just a few hours ago I was standing in front of the open fridge while eating from an individual serving size bag of Fritos. Last time I checked Fritos were NOT low carb or high protein! Just have to get myself back in the game, you know? I do think realizing what we are doing is really important...now to just do it and turn it around. I'm with you!

Hi Angelique, and welcome!!!
I had a similar incident with an individual sized bag of cheese -its. I managed to give part of the bag to my dog while I was chewing and actually thinking to myself, I'm craving salt, I must need these! Ummmm no, I don't need these.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #112

Quote:
I had a similar incident with an individual sized bag of cheese -its. I managed to give part of the bag to my dog while I was chewing and actually thinking to myself, I'm craving salt, I must need these! Ummmm no, I don't need these.
Dogs are perfect for that. Good restraint. It's hard.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #113

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Ya I tried one of those eat what you crave, there are no off limit foods, intuitive eating plans.... I gained so much weight!!! LOL
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Leslie-San
WOE: WLS
Quote:
YAY!

PS: Isn't it just like buttah?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mike myers.jpg (11.7 KB, 70 views)
Leslie-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Unexpected NSV ~ so we spent the day at my parents lakehome, swimming using the boat, having a great family day before daughter heads back to college. Dinner on the deck with my parents, perfect breeze blowing, cooling us and keeping the mosquitos away. Lingering until after sunset. My Mom likes to set out some food for some feral cats she has adopted. (They live in a rural area)Who should stroll up to the dish just feet away from us but a very cute SKUNK!!!!!! Thankfully I am 130 pounds lighter so I was able to move like lightning although as I was making my super mad dash to the house the skunk also got scared, turned, lifted its tail and all the blood drained from my head! No one got sprayed thankfully, including our yellow lab. So add the ability to outrun skunks as another benefit of my sleeve.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #116

Quote:
Unexpected NSV ~ so we spent the day at my parents lakehome, swimming using the boat, having a great family day before daughter heads back to college. Dinner on the deck with my parents, perfect breeze blowing, cooling us and keeping the mosquitos away. Lingering until after sunset. My Mom likes to set out some food for some feral cats she has adopted. (They live in a rural area)Who should stroll up to the dish just feet away from us but a very cute SKUNK!!!!!! Thankfully I am 130 pounds lighter so I was able to move like lightning although as I was making my super mad dash to the house the skunk also got scared, turned, lifted its tail and all the blood drained from my head! No one got sprayed thankfully, including our yellow lab. So add the ability to outrun skunks as another benefit of my sleeve.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #117

Good morning. I'm sore. I was sore when I got home from my class. Our evaluation included a lot of stretching type tests and those are definitely muscles not used on a daily basis. Accckkk
Old 08-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #118

I'm not hungry, but I have that "I can barely keep my eyes open so I must need to feed my face for energy" feeling. It's too darn hot still to go out and run. Too early for dinner - hubby is making burgers when he gets back in. Ugh. Fighting mental urges.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:56 AM   #119

Okay, it wasn't pretty there for a while, but now I'm getting back to more of a downward trend...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weight plan 8.22.jpg (12.8 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AngeliqueNicole
Stats: 260/162/140
WOE: Atkins (AGAIN!!)
Start Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
That's why I have a great dane... he's huge and will eat anything!!
AngeliqueNicole is offline   Reply With Quote