Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I get to go shopping for a new bra today. My boobs they look so... deflated. They are sad shriveled little things. Took my measurements, really surprised to see they recommend a 36B. From a 44DD. No wonder they're deflated. Hopefully I'll be able to find something that offers a LOT of support because obviously these breasts are not at all where they're supposed to be, they've migrated pretty far south.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,907
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I get to go shopping for a new bra today. My boobs they look so... deflated. They are sad shriveled little things. Took my measurements, really surprised to see they recommend a 36B. From a 44DD. No wonder they're deflated. Hopefully I'll be able to find something that offers a LOT of support because obviously these breasts are not at all where they're supposed to be, they've migrated pretty far south.
Don't do what I did and buy inexpensive department store brands thinking you'd get by until your weight stabilized. Just splurge for the good stuff anyway, just less of it at a time!

I knew I'd end up with golf balls in tube socks anyway, but with a good bra they resemble actual boobs lol.

I hit up VS several months back and spent about $350 on 5 bras.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Leslie-San's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA (missing the NJ Coast)
Posts: 8,911
Gallery: Leslie-San
WOE: WLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
He plays the trumpet. I used to play the flute!

I'm in Texas so early morning is the only option! At 9:30 pm it's still well over 90 degrees!

And they've been doing 0645-1600 most days wtih an occasional 0645-1300.
Holy cannoli, Tony!! That's a long day. Forgot you were in TX.

My dd plays my flute from like...40 years ago and it was used when I got it. I need to have it reconditioned.
Leslie-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Leslie-San's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA (missing the NJ Coast)
Posts: 8,911
Gallery: Leslie-San
WOE: WLS
Oh and the bra thing....as soon as mine were deflated I bought two VS bras in funky patterns. I still have them....hoping....hoping.... lol
Leslie-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,907
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'm still having the fatigue and mood issues even after taking the B12 for 2 weeks now. I think I'm starting to feel a little better but it's slow. Hugs to everyone.
How many mg are you taking a day? It's quick to drop but takes a while to rebound.

Also, with the fatigue... what was your protein and your iron?
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Leslie-San's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA (missing the NJ Coast)
Posts: 8,911
Gallery: Leslie-San
WOE: WLS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1016417_556227351081288_19154839_n.jpg (25.6 KB, 112 views)
Leslie-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,334
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
He plays the trumpet. I used to play the flute!

I'm in Texas so early morning is the only option! At 9:30 pm it's still well over 90 degrees!

And they've been doing 0645-1600 most days wtih an occasional 0645-1300.
My son plays the trumpet too. He's a senior and just found out recently that he was selected as one of the drum majors. There are 2 boys and 2 girls and they lead a band of 300+. It's a pretty big deal in our community and we are so proud and happy for him. We love marching band and what it has done for him the past few years in terms of discipline and confidence.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Don't do what I did and buy inexpensive department store brands thinking you'd get by until your weight stabilized. Just splurge for the good stuff anyway, just less of it at a time!

I knew I'd end up with golf balls in tube socks anyway, but with a good bra they resemble actual boobs lol.

I hit up VS several months back and spent about $350 on 5 bras.
Well it was 90$ for 2 bras, they weren't the uber expensive ones but they also weren't the cheap department store brands, it was a bra store. So I was way off on my measurements, I ended up in a 36D, but even then I had to try on many many models before I found two that fit right. That poor sales lady. I'm like right between a 36C and 36D so some were too loose and then too tight and ugh. It was HORRIBLE in the changing room too with that huge bright light on me, I was sweating... and trying on bras while sweating, ugh. I felt so disgusting. But now I have 1 nice slightly padded bra and one nice lacey one and I did the trampoline test and they both passed fine, no boobs popping out

Then I went to the cosmetics counter and spent 300$. I'm the 36 year old that doesn't really know how to do makeup because i've never cared before, and now I'm starting to care about how I look and I have no clue what I'm doing. So now i have some stuff to play with and look clowny with.
__________________
-Julie
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Leslie-San's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA (missing the NJ Coast)
Posts: 8,911
Gallery: Leslie-San
WOE: WLS
Very nice, Julie!

I always wore makeup, even when I got really fat.... but cute VS bras...never...I mean in HS and early 20's I wore string bikinis and bras to match. but it didn't last long. Plus we didn't have a lot of money (my dh and I).

My DH played the trumpet. Their band went to nationals a lot and were invited to many bowl games. I wasn't in the band...I was a jock. I couldn't stand the kids in the band at that time in my life. Very obnoxious. Glad things have changed nowadays.
__________________
__________________________________________________ _____
«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯


RNY - 3/4/04 270 ~ 160 (3/4/06)

Revision - 6/23/12 ... 243/191.5/160

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wybPnHy/weight.png
Leslie-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #70
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
How many mg are you taking a day? It's quick to drop but takes a while to rebound.

Also, with the fatigue... what was your protein and your iron?
I will have to go find my paperwork. I'll post when I do. I'm taking 400 mcg of B12 sublingual. I just got some liquid B from the big A store---it has a bunch of different b's in it. I haven't tried it yet.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #71
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,907
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Well it was 90$ for 2 bras, they weren't the uber expensive ones but they also weren't the cheap department store brands, it was a bra store. So I was way off on my measurements, I ended up in a 36D, but even then I had to try on many many models before I found two that fit right. That poor sales lady. I'm like right between a 36C and 36D so some were too loose and then too tight and ugh. It was HORRIBLE in the changing room too with that huge bright light on me, I was sweating... and trying on bras while sweating, ugh. I felt so disgusting. But now I have 1 nice slightly padded bra and one nice lacey one and I did the trampoline test and they both passed fine, no boobs popping out

Then I went to the cosmetics counter and spent 300$. I'm the 36 year old that doesn't really know how to do makeup because i've never cared before, and now I'm starting to care about how I look and I have no clue what I'm doing. So now i have some stuff to play with and look clowny with.
We need to be shopping besties. I heart to spend.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I will have to go find my paperwork. I'll post when I do. I'm taking 400 mcg of B12 sublingual. I just got some liquid B from the big A store---it has a bunch of different b's in it. I haven't tried it yet.
400 mcg/day isn't going to make a significant enough difference. As low as your number was I'm surprised they only have you on that much. ASMBS recommends starting at 350-500 mcg/day for routine supplementation. For deficiency you'd need higher doses to overcome the deficit. I take 2500 mcg/day and mine was lowish this round.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #72
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,907
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Well, not a bad day overall. I have to be at work tomorrow at 6am and again Sunday too!

If I can drag myself up that early I may try to run again in the morning - but it'd have to be at 4:30 or 4:45 am!

So - headed to bed to veg out and read!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
We need to be shopping besties. I heart to spend.
I do toooo, but I tend to do it more online, I am the one that likes looking at reviews on everything. But I'm also happy that I can finally start to fit into regular sizes and that makes clothes shopping a lot more interesting.

I had my first pedicure ever a few months ago, I never was a girly girl and now i'm buying jewelry on Etsy and makeup and dresses (3 dresses!) and wedge shoes, I'm going full on girl.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #74
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I do toooo, but I tend to do it more online, I am the one that likes looking at reviews on everything. But I'm also happy that I can finally start to fit into regular sizes and that makes clothes shopping a lot more interesting.

I had my first pedicure ever a few months ago, I never was a girly girl and now i'm buying jewelry on Etsy and makeup and dresses (3 dresses!) and wedge shoes, I'm going full on girl.
Oh, I also had my first pedicure a few months back. Loved it. It lasted for over a month yet when I paint my toe nails, it doesn't even last a week. It's fun trying new things.

I just ordered one of those big fake fur vests on an online consignment store. I've always loved the way they look but didn't want to look like a big old bear in it. Maybe now that I'm down almost 100 pounds, I'll look ok in it. roflol
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #75
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
We need to be shopping besties. I heart to spend.




400 mcg/day isn't going to make a significant enough difference. As low as your number was I'm surprised they only have you on that much. ASMBS recommends starting at 350-500 mcg/day for routine supplementation. For deficiency you'd need higher doses to overcome the deficit. I take 2500 mcg/day and mine was lowish this round.
I just bought a liquid B complex that includes b12. I need to check on the mcg on that. I would just rather have a shot. This is ridiculous.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member
 
Gymnopedie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 141
Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I just bought a liquid B complex that includes b12. I need to check on the mcg on that. I would just rather have a shot. This is ridiculous.
My sublingual is 2500mcg as well... I really hope you start noticing some improvement!
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,334
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Oh, I also had my first pedicure a few months back. Loved it. It lasted for over a month yet when I paint my toe nails, it doesn't even last a week. It's fun trying new things.

I just ordered one of those big fake fur vests on an online consignment store. I've always loved the way they look but didn't want to look like a big old bear in it. Maybe now that I'm down almost 100 pounds, I'll look ok in it. roflol
I bought one of those vests too once I was down almost a 100 pounds. Like you, I didn't want to wear one at my highest weight. I loved that vest last winter, if I was going some place that was cold or drafty like a stadium, it kept me toasty warm while looking fashionable .
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,334
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Back from four days in Chicago. My daughter goes to college there and we were moving her into her first apartment. (The first 2 years her university requires students live in the dorms). When we moved her back last summer, I was about 2 months past surgery and still really fatigued and struggling with drinking enough water. Now I have energy to spare. I still had some issues with food though, dh can eat a huge breakfast and then not need to eat again for 6 or 7 hours. I of course can not. So when we are busy all day I am relying on protein bars to keep me going. It's okay for a day or two, but I started to feel at the end of the 3rd day. Note to self to plan better for our next getaway.
__________________
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,334
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Starting to feel like this is my personal blog or something, where is everyone? Today my youngest, my baby boy, turns 18. He is such a joy. I am blessed.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #80
Moderator
 
Maryposa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,436
Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I've been lurking... sorry I have been quiet... but I AM here
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #81
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,907
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Work has been keeping me super busy. I'm at about 40 hours with 2 more days left to work...
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #82
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Yeah, I'm here too---just having a very rough time right now---stress, depression, financial issues.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #83
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,907
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
3 mile run last night. 2.25 the day before. I've been having to be at work at 6am so no early morning runs, but the past two evenings have cooled down below 90 before too late so Molly and I went out for some runs. Good thing because they've been cooped up for 10-12 hours a day in their crates!

Protein drink for breakfast.

No plan for lunch, was running late this morning!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,334
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Looks like a nice weekend is coming here in Minnesota it's been very cool the last few weeks, I've even used my heated mattress pad to warm up my bed Summer is so short here, I feel cheated when it isn't hot the end of July and August. Teacher workshop week starts the 26th the same week we will be having out of town guests (and you can bet it will be nice and hot that week ) so I'm hoping to get my shiz organized this coming week. I seem to be in a maintenance phase. I'm wearing size 10 pants and medium shirts. Once I'm back to the routine of work and more discipline I'll see if I can peel off a few more pounds. If I can't, I am grateful to be where I am. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would ever, ever, be a size 10. My dream was to be an 18 so I could shop in some non plus sized stores.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #85
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,907
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I seem to be in a maintenance phase. I'm wearing size 10 pants and medium shirts. Once I'm back to the routine of work and more discipline I'll see if I can peel off a few more pounds. If I can't, I am grateful to be where I am. I never thought in my wildest dreams I would ever, ever, be a size 10. My dream was to be an 18 so I could shop in some non plus sized stores.
Most likely a stall. I had a seriously long one around 1 - 1 1/2 years out. Then dropped another 40-50 pounds after that.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,334
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Most likely a stall. I had a seriously long one around 1 - 1 1/2 years out. Then dropped another 40-50 pounds after that.
I still have excess fat to lose, so I would be delighted if it were indeed a stall. I'm at 14 months post surgery, so it would fit in with the timeline you had your big stall. Losing or not, I don't think I've had so much summer fun since I was in college Still loving my sleeve
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #87
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Jesse==I love reading your posts because you are so positive and enjoying life. I hope to be where you are someday too. Thanks for posting your journey. It is very uplifting for me.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,937
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Yep, Jesse, listening to all you do makes me smile. Chewie, you, too, will get there!

Walked again today - just a little longer and faster... 1.25 miles at 2.8mph This time its taking me a while - but I don't give up very easily!
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,334
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Jesse==I love reading your posts because you are so positive and enjoying life. I hope to be where you are someday too. Thanks for posting your journey. It is very uplifting for me.
Thanks, it makes me happy to think I might lend a hand to someone else if even a small way. It is true that I am at a very good place in my life right now, and the surgery made it even better. There have been ups and downs and struggles, I did therapy in my 30s and that helped a lot. But do you know what REALLY changed my life for the better? When my kids got their driver's license I never seemed to have a moment to myself when I was ferrying 2 kids around to their various activities after a full day at work. Sometimes I was so tired I would cry on my way to pick one of them up. (DH was also ferrying them around, but he works in the evening a couple times a week.) I remember fondly my son in traveling basketball and I enjoyed the other parents, but I don't miss spending 3 weekends a month in some gym somewhere I miss my daughter terribly when she is away at college, but the house does stay cleaner and my make up and shampoo are always where I left them My 30s were crazy and wonderful and HARD because I was a stay at home Mom, my 40s were about starting my career again and all about getting my kids through middle school and high school. My 50s have a lot more time for me and to do the things I want. So if you are the trenches struggling with how to balance work and family and your own needs don't be afraid of growing older, it's only going to get better. And WLS just makes the better even more fantastic.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The great frozen northland
Posts: 2,334
Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
super sluggish Sunday. Slept in, read the paper (Sunday paper one of my favorite things! ) took a nap (!) and then watched TV. I did manage to make supper. Maybe my stall is finally breaking. For whatever reason, I sometimes get super fatigued when I am actively burning fat. I think my body starts screaming, oh no!!!! We're using our fat. GO LAY DOWN!!!!!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.