Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I had back and mainly tailbone pain, too. It eases up after a while.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:55 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
Psst... I have my tongue pierced.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #34

New low for me today---now down 96 pounds. Slow but sure.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Leslie-San
WOE: WLS
That's great Chewbeast

And yes, I know people peirce a lot of ... um...body parts... I just don't dig it for my daughter lol
Leslie-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
sub
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay Chewie!!! It isn't a race...enjoy the journey!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #38

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Nice little cure for a "fat day". My DL was expiring Monday so I renewed today since I was off.

ETA I don't know if they changed the way they take the pictures, or if it's just that MORE of me fits in the little window now.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #39

Well, second round of lab results are in. These are the ones that were sent out to an external lab for testing.

Yet another anemia indicator. My Vit K is 0.05.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Regardless Heather, you were pretty at any weight, but WOW, being smaller, much smaller is a whole lot better! My dh and I were looking at old pictures and he was amazed, he kept saying you look so different, but really I don't remember you being this size. I guess when I was at my highest weight he was looking at me through the eyes of a loving husband. It's only in hindsight that both of us see how far I've really come.

I spent another few days boating and playing in the lake. It's so different. I loved being at the lake before, but the logisitics of getting in and out of the boat, in and out of the water, even the life jacket (I had to go buy myself a special xxl before, now I can grab whatever one is in the boat) are just easier. I feel like a kid again, even though I'm 52.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree, Heather, pretty at any weight, but you look so much more happy and healthy now!

I was labeled mildly anemic at the hospital last week...my doc said to start taking something for it. I also got some IV iron. I'll start pills as soon as I finish my antibiotics... So many pills and potions that there's not enough meals in the day to break them up! I didn't realize Vitamin K was an indicator for anemia. Because I'm on blood thinners, I am purposely supposed to avoid it. How on Earth does that all work in? O,o

I've been back at work for a week now...and I do feel significantly better than I did a week ago. I am nowhere near back to the old me, but I can see a light wayyyyy down at the end of the tunnel. My birthday is in a few weeks - maybe by then. Until then its elastic waistbands and as comfy as possible... My fitbit is telling me amazing things, too. I didn't know that, on a pretty average day, I normally walk about 4,000 to 5,000 steps from 7AM until 4PM. Once I am able to really work out again I fully expect to be close to 12K most days.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 08-07-2013 at 05:00 PM..
Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Saw this on Facebook and had to share lol

Attached Images
File Type: jpg meds.jpg (13.4 KB, 84 views)
Old 08-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I don't really pay attention to BMI usually but today I finally reached "overweight" status, no longer obese! I started at 50 BMI and now I'm at 29.something Feeling really good! I'm not eating particularly low carb because some carby things do make their way into my mouth (how'd they get there?!) but I push protein overall, make sure I meet my protein goals, and then in the evening I will sometimes measure out pretzels or cherries or something as a snack, thankfully they don't seem to trigger me. I'm doing great, nearly 120 pounds gone in 9 months... woah just noticed today is exactly the 9 month mark. Well woohoo!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

YAY Julie!! Woot!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I don't really pay attention to BMI usually but today I finally reached "overweight" status, no longer obese! I started at 50 BMI and now I'm at 29.something Feeling really good! I'm not eating particularly low carb because some carby things do make their way into my mouth (how'd they get there?!) but I push protein overall, make sure I meet my protein goals, and then in the evening I will sometimes measure out pretzels or cherries or something as a snack, thankfully they don't seem to trigger me. I'm doing great, nearly 120 pounds gone in 9 months... woah just noticed today is exactly the 9 month mark. Well woohoo!
Wonderful job! Congratulations!
Jesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/198/190@ 5'7" (-227)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day (total) + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
I'd KILL for legs like that, yellowstang!!!!
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harriet View Post
I'd KILL for legs like that, yellowstang!!!!
Lol can I give you a few names?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #48

Everyone, I'm so tired of feeling so tired! Not sleepy, but fatigued. Today was the first day that I actually thought to myself "hey I don't feel half bad!". And then about 40 minutes later, BAM, I hit a wall. A big wall. I was wiped.

It's a combination of iron, vit d, b12, etc and just overall food choices. It's protein drinks and carbs mostly. Whole clean food has gone by the wayside. I'm too tired to cook, prepare, anything so I just grab a protein drink or bar. Grab some pickles. Grab some cheezits. Grab some peanuts. Grab something other than what I need to eat. I'm not eating sugar, but what's the point if I'm eating all the other crap?

So tonight, as I'm laying here feeling so wiped and tired, wishing I had the energy to run, to yoga, to something... I'm just telling myself there's no reason I should feel like this for the rest of my life. WHY am I doing things to make myself feel like this? WHY can't I just get it straight!!???

I'm working the next few weeks straight. Early shifts. I'm sure I'll be tired! I need to plan meals every day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacks. No more winging it. That sets me up for failure. That makes me make bad choices. I need to drink more water. LOTS more water.

Basically I just need to get back to what I was doing before. I'm going to wake up early tomorrow morning and run, even if its just a 5-10 minute run. Something. Anything to STOP feeling like this. I know most of it is the anemia, but small improvements will get the ball rolling.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie-San View Post
Saw this on Facebook and had to share lol

OMG !!!! it
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
YAY Julie!! Woot!
WTG!!! 120 in 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cla p:
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Everyone, I'm so tired of feeling so tired! Not sleepy, but fatigued. Today was the first day that I actually thought to myself "hey I don't feel half bad!". And then about 40 minutes later, BAM, I hit a wall. A big wall. I was wiped.

It's a combination of iron, vit d, b12, etc and just overall food choices. It's protein drinks and carbs mostly. Whole clean food has gone by the wayside. I'm too tired to cook, prepare, anything so I just grab a protein drink or bar. Grab some pickles. Grab some cheezits. Grab some peanuts. Grab something other than what I need to eat. I'm not eating sugar, but what's the point if I'm eating all the other crap?

So tonight, as I'm laying here feeling so wiped and tired, wishing I had the energy to run, to yoga, to something... I'm just telling myself there's no reason I should feel like this for the rest of my life. WHY am I doing things to make myself feel like this? WHY can't I just get it straight!!???

I'm working the next few weeks straight. Early shifts. I'm sure I'll be tired! I need to plan meals every day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacks. No more winging it. That sets me up for failure. That makes me make bad choices. I need to drink more water. LOTS more water.

Basically I just need to get back to what I was doing before. I'm going to wake up early tomorrow morning and run, even if its just a 5-10 minute run. Something. Anything to STOP feeling like this. I know most of it is the anemia, but small improvements will get the ball rolling.
Sounds miserable. I was feeling like this last spring, except it wasn't as severe because I didn't run out of steam until 2pm. But when I hit the wall, I hit it hard. It's terrible to run out of any semblance of energy before you've run out of day. I hope you are able to turn this around soon.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Just got back from the consignment shop where I consign my clothes. They are having a clearance sale, everything with green tags $2.00. some crazy shopping ensued and I got things like Gap jeans, Ann Taylor dress pants, Banana Republic cardigans, and American Rag tops for $2.00 a piece! My daughter and I together spent $98.00, so at $2.00 a piece you know we bought out the store! I'm gonna pop some tags I got $20.00 in my pocket
Old 08-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Just got back from the consignment shop where I consign my clothes. They are having a clearance sale, everything with green tags $2.00. some crazy shopping ensued and I got things like Gap jeans, Ann Taylor dress pants, Banana Republic cardigans, and American Rag tops for $2.00 a piece! My daughter and I together spent $98.00, so at $2.00 a piece you know we bought out the store! I'm gonna pop some tags I got $20.00 in my pocket
Lol! Good score! It sounds likd you are set for a while! $98 at $2 a pop is just under 50 items - not allowing for tax of course lol! I hit a local thrift shop almost weekly, donate anything I'm not using/wearing and stock back up again. They almost always have a $5 bag sale going on. This week it was buy 1 get 3 free for clothes. It's a smallish shop and they get a LOT of donations. I live in a "nicer" suburb too so the donations are better quality than even the next town over.

I have a preference as to what jeans I wear. I once scored a pair of Miss Me jeans for my daughter for $1. Yes, $1! I typically get Seven7, BKE, and Lucky Brand jeans. Lately I'ev been digging the Gap 1968 boyfriend styles. I can always find a bagful of things to walk away with.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #54

Well, it almost *killed* me (figuratively, of course but it felt bad enough!) but I got out of bed at 530 this morning and went on a short run with Molly. I mean short. But I did it.

I just tossed on some clothes, hooked up her leash and we ran around a few blocks. We did a mile. First, I was winded and fatigued. Second, I had to get home, showered and out of the house by 630 to have my son at band camp by 645 so I was time limited. I ran the entire mile though, which is more than I thought I would be able to do. It's that bad - how fatigued I feel. It really is, but I have to turn it around.

Now I'm at work early, which is nice and quiet. Got several things done. It's crunch time, I'm about to start getting some OT in...
Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #55

I'm still having the fatigue and mood issues even after taking the B12 for 2 weeks now. I think I'm starting to feel a little better but it's slow. Hugs to everyone.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #56

Congrats, Julie!!! Wow, you are doing fantastic.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #57

Jesse---how fun at the consignment store. Wow, that's a lot of clothes. Enjoy them!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #58

Heather--great job!!!! Hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Heather, what instrument does your son play and what grade is he in? My dd is a senior and she plays the flute/piccolo but our band director has camp at 6 pm - 930 pm. Which is great...no early morning stuff lol
Old 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #60

Quote:
Heather, what instrument does your son play and what grade is he in? My dd is a senior and she plays the flute/piccolo but our band director has camp at 6 pm - 930 pm. Which is great...no early morning stuff lol
He plays the trumpet. I used to play the flute!

I'm in Texas so early morning is the only option! At 9:30 pm it's still well over 90 degrees!

And they've been doing 0645-1600 most days wtih an occasional 0645-1300.