Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/)
-   -   Natural Calm ---constipation (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/807659-natural-calm-constipation.html)

chewiegand 07-09-2013 10:26 AM

Natural Calm ---constipation

Having problems this last month really badly. I'm a little afraid of taking high doses of magnesium as Heather and I talked about--it's bad for you and can cause side effects. Many people claim natural calm works but it's magnesium too. Any thoughts??? Suggestions??? I really need to fix this problem.

tybeeanna 07-09-2013 10:31 AM

miralax it takes a few days but works good..

myyellowstang 07-09-2013 10:40 AM

A glycerin suppository or a fleet's enema. Seriously. If both of those fail a stimulant laxitive.

Although I would call the surgeon before trying the laxative if you haven't had a bowel movement in a significant amount of time just to rule out a blockage. Are you not going at all or just not going well?

Maryposa 07-09-2013 09:37 PM

I used natural calm after anesthesia and pain meds (after excess skin removal surgeries). For me, it did work. But then again, I normally "go" just fine and regularly, so I never had concern that I was consuming too much magnesium.

chewiegand 07-10-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myyellowstang (Post 16506526)
A glycerin suppository or a fleet's enema. Seriously. If both of those fail a stimulant laxitive.

Although I would call the surgeon before trying the laxative if you haven't had a bowel movement in a significant amount of time just to rule out a blockage. Are you not going at all or just not going well?

Just not going well. Today I added a teaspoon of coconut oil to my morning coffee and I'm going to buy some magnesium citrate pills---supposedly you only need 350-400 mg a day to stay regular. Hope that works as it's not as excessive as the regular mag needed to do that.

TrueYou 07-20-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryposa (Post 16507503)
I used natural calm after anesthesia and pain meds (after excess skin removal surgeries). For me, it did work. But then again, I normally "go" just fine and regularly, so I never had concern that I was consuming too much magnesium.

Watched your youtube video because I have a co-worker who wants the surgery, but can't afford it. Thanks for helping the world! :goodpost:

Maryposa 07-20-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueYou (Post 16523583)
Watched your youtube video because I have a co-worker who wants the surgery, but can't afford it. Thanks for helping the world! :goodpost:

Thanks.... I haven't updated in a long time. My web cam stopped working some time ago and using the flip camera is kinda a pain.

Violet_Dream 07-20-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewiegand (Post 16506497)
Having problems this last month really badly. I'm a little afraid of taking high doses of magnesium as Heather and I talked about--it's bad for you and can cause side effects. Many people claim natural calm works but it's magnesium too. Any thoughts??? Suggestions??? I really need to fix this problem.

Have you tried Flax Meal for fiber? It's all I use and really helps me. HTH!

chewiegand 07-21-2013 08:54 AM

I'm taking a teaspoon of coconut oil in my morning coffee and a few stool softeners with my vitamins and it's working like a charm. I'm a little concerned about the flax since it's so heavy and only being 7 months out, I still can't eat a lot and I have to concentrate on protein right now.