Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
If I was there I would do this!!! It is a great goal (a December 5K) to start training for now - even if you haven't done much walking or jogging to this point. Do it if you can!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
If I was there I would do this!!! It is a great goal (a December 5K) to start training for now - even if you haven't done much walking or jogging to this point. Do it if you can!!
They have several locations!!!!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Hi ladies, I guess I'll come in and talk about weight since I'm almost 2 wks post partum now. So thanks to a very difficult pregnancy I have surpassed my ultimate weight goal of 150. I have always tried to get to 150 and even came within 2 lbs when seriously low carbing and low cal about 8 yrs ago. But could never get there or stay anywhere close to there.

Right now I'm 145/146 depending on the day, I was 171 when I started this pregnancy so I actually lost 25 lbs! I'm nursing right now so I have to eat many times throughout the day to keep up my milk supply. Here's a pic of me 5 days after she was born, holding her in a Moby wrap. And the second one is her yesterday at 11 days old. <3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moby wrap.jpg (41.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg happy sigh Janessa.jpg (26.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Healthy and Happy; 07-11-2013 at 03:04 PM..
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
Hi ladies, I guess I'll come in and talk about weight since I'm almost 2 wks post partum now. So thanks to a very difficult pregnancy I have surpassed my ultimate weight goal of 150. I have always tried to get to 150 and even came within 2 lbs when seriously low carbing and low cal about 8 yrs ago. But could never get there or stay anywhere close to there.

Right now I'm 145/146 depending on the day, I was 171 when I started this pregnancy so I actually lost 25 lbs! I'm nursing right now so I have to eat many times throughout the day to keep up my milk supply. Here's a pic of me 5 days after she was born, holding her in a Moby wrap. And the second one is her yesterday at 11 days old. <3
Eating when I was a nursing Mom was my favorite kind of eating. Something about nursing made food taste sooo good.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Well I had my first, you need to stop losing weight pretty soon, you're looking gaunt. This was from my Mom. I surprised it took so long I'm entering size 10 territory, I don't think I'm "gaunt" by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think my parents mean any harm, I think they are just getting a little weirded out since I haven't been this small since college. I hope to be 160 by the end of the month, and then will head towards 150 and see what I think of that weight. Sorry Mom, not done yet.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Well I had my first, you need to stop losing weight pretty soon, you're looking gaunt. This was from my Mom. I surprised it took so long I'm entering size 10 territory, I don't think I'm "gaunt" by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think my parents mean any harm, I think they are just getting a little weirded out since I haven't been this small since college. I hope to be 160 by the end of the month, and then will head towards 150 and see what I think of that weight. Sorry Mom, not done yet.
Silly mommy! They're just used to seeing you one way and not significantly thinner. Size 10 is nowhere near gaunt. There is a phase I think that we all go through where we all *seem* to look a little gaunt. Until we get far enough out that our bodies catch up and even redistributes and evens out. For me it was around 170's. My face looked sunken in. Tell mom according to the BMI calculator you've got room for more losing.

Personally, I think the BMI calculator is a crock anyway. At 155 for my height I would be considered overweight. I'm 149 and I wear a size 4. They don't take into account ANY muscle at all, they assume that any weight is just fat.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #37

Quote:

Beautiful baby girl. And good job on the loss. My first one I only weighed 7 pounds more than I did when I started, and she was a 9+ pound baby! I had a TON of morning sickness for 6-7 months of the pregnancy. I actually didn't tell anyone until I was over 6 months, and no one knew. Not even my parents whom I lived with (I was pretty young, scared and stupid!).
Old 07-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
My (probably - date is still TBD) December run. How much fun does this look!!!!!!?????!!!!!

Dallasites... anyone else want to join?

I'm doing this in Cincinnati (the closest it gets to me, in Dayton)!!!! But our date is expected to be next April.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #39

Way sore from an arm balance workshop on saturday! Here's a handful of poses.

1. Flying pigeon
2. Fallen angel
3. Eight limb or eight angle pose. This one was a LOT (!) of core (obliques!!!) to hold yourself up off the ground like that!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flying pigeon 1.jpg (63.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg falling angel.jpg (44.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg eight limb pose.jpg (47.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Way sore from an arm balance workshop on saturday! Here's a handful of poses.

1. Flying pigeon
2. Fallen angel
3. Eight limb or eight angle pose. This one was a LOT (!) of core (obliques!!!) to hold yourself up off the ground like that!!!
Wow! I am still challenged by doing squats with proper form, you are pratically levitating I gotta get me some yoga!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
I'm doing this in Cincinnati (the closest it gets to me, in Dayton)!!!! But our date is expected to be next April.

Quote:
Wow! I am still challenged by doing squats with proper form, you are pratically levitating I gotta get me some yoga!
I heart yoga. I've gained so much strength in the past 2 1/2 years, it's amazing. You wouldn't think it would work as well as it does!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Cool poses!
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
We are in Hawaii for two weeks. The trip has been amazing so far and losing the weight has been a big part of why it has been so amazing. I am able to handle the warm temps really well I have been cold a lot actually and have had to use the seat warmer in the car.

The flights were easy peasy, I had so much room in the seats and I was able to pack so many clothes since they are so much smaller sizes

I am doing things I would never have attempted before, I am doing paddle board lessons, zip lining (nine lines!) a beach massage and am thinking of parasailing. I would never have attempted any of this at my old weight.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Chrissy! Awesome! Do everything you can - it is hard to make up for lost times or opportunities, but it doesn't hurt to try!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow Chrissy! Awesome! Do everything you can - it is hard to make up for lost times or opportunities, but it doesn't hurt to try!
I know you can't make up time but I have decided I am not wasting anymore I am wearing bathing suits I would never have dreamed of wearing, my clothing is much more revealing loose skin and all! I am embracing myself and would never have guessed how freeing losing weight is.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #46

Remember a while back when I said I was no good at pacing during runs? I start out and just go and then run out of steam? I've been working on that for a while now... This was this morning's short run before work.

The dotted line is my average pace (only that much because of the warm up and cool down walk paces at the start and finish. I pretty much stayed right around 10 minutes per mile. I was excited when I saw this. Now I just need to work on decreasing my 5k time and then get to work on training for something longer!

Old 07-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #47

I want to be in Hawaii doing all the fun cool stuff you are doing in your sexy swimsuit too!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #48

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
So, a while back I said I was going to try dating. Didn't take long for me to get discouraged and decide that dating sucks.

I think I am on and off going through depression. Not all of it relates to the above.

Also finances... and my job is very stressful. I dunno....

There are things about my life I love... and things I am really bummed about. I swing between appreciating the good, and wallowing in the bad.

I don't think I need anti-depressents...

Anyway, Just sharing.

BTW, the dating sucks mentality has me seriously thinking about to saying screw it and going out with the 20-something hottie at work who has been pursuing me heavily lately.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #49

Ain't nothing wrong with a 20 something hottie!!! At least for a little while and a little fun. You can dump him when the immaturity gets too much to handle.

Although, work relationships tend to make for uncomfortable days after they are over!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #50

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
So, a while back I said I was going to try dating. Didn't take long for me to get discouraged and decide that dating sucks.

I think I am on and off going through depression. Not all of it relates to the above.

Also finances... and my job is very stressful. I dunno....

There are things about my life I love... and things I am really bummed about. I swing between appreciating the good, and wallowing in the bad.

I don't think I need anti-depressents...

Anyway, Just sharing.

BTW, the dating sucks mentality has me seriously thinking about to saying screw it and going out with the 20-something hottie at work who has been pursuing me heavily lately.
I understand this all too well. I am having a period of blueness also. I already take an anti-depressant but going to my primary dr tomorrow and going to discuss it. Anyone else feel like this at about 7 months out?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #51

I'm *quite* ready for my boss to be back from vacation so I can quit having to make critical decisions and set up training on my own. This is stressful! She'd already scheduled and paid for her 2 week trip months ago, not knowing it would happen just weeks before a HUGE implementation at our hospital.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I understand this all too well. I am having a period of blueness also. I already take an anti-depressant but going to my primary dr tomorrow and going to discuss it. Anyone else feel like this at about 7 months out?
I don't remember exactly when but I do remember going through periods of almost mourning. Food was/is my coping mechanism and I felt hopeless and lost without it. I wanted to cry.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Me too. I had several bouts of bad feelings. I went to see a counselor which did help some... Hope you find someone to talk to.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I want to be in Hawaii doing all the fun cool stuff you are doing in your sexy swimsuit too!
I don't know about sexy but I am showing more skin than I have in years

I cannot begin to say how much fun I am having and this morning I told my
sister this morning it would have been a very different trip if I was heavier. We have walked a ton, the heat, swimming, today we did a snorkeling excursion (I LOVED it) shopping. Here you wear your swimsuit with a coverup everywhere (restaurants, stores, mall) and I have totally fit right in.

I have said it before and I will say it again I my sleeve.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know I have a hard time accepting my size I look at my clothes all the time and think they are my kids.

I was walking in a touristy area the other day and I wanted to buy some sarongs. They were marked "one size fits all" I asked the clerk if she thought they would fit me. She looked at me and said your tiny um yeah they will fit. I laughed at her and said I am not tiny by any means.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Adorable you look great.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I know I have a hard time accepting my size I look at my clothes all the time and think they are my kids.
Ditto. When I'm shopping I look at something on the hanger and think "wow that's tiny, no way it will fit me!".

Then again, those same clothes that I think look so tiny on the rack I think look so huge on my butt.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Sometimes this is the case for me, but sometimes its how the clothes run, too. I've had larges on that were huge, yet extra larges that were too small. All in all it is often hard to remember that I'm not a 3X anymore.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Leslie-San
WOE: WLS
I had a difficult time accepting myself when I got down to my lowest at 140. I looked like a rail and to think I was 115 in HS. But I was an athlete so I had a lot of muscle mass. Still.

When I finally settled in at 155-160 same thing. Thought everything was too tiny.

I was overjoyed at the fact that I didn't have to go to Wally World or Kmart just to buy bigger stuff cheaper....you know what I mean...you're overweight and you feel you don't deserve 'nicer' things.

I always dressed nice but the fit wasn't always great, yadda yadda yadda.

I did feel funny when I was spending $$$ on expensive clothes (with coupons and sales) at stores like Chico's, Coldwater Creek, Talbots, Ann Taylor, etc.

But they lasted and fit fabulous. I'm finally where I can wear CWC stuff again. I have saved all the expensive things and have given away all the stuff I know I'll never fit into again, plus all the other stuff. I have a closet full of a mixture of inexpensive and expensive and it works well for now

You'll get there. No worries.

RNY - 3/4/04 270 ~ 160 (3/4/06)

Revision - 6/23/12 ... 243/191.5/160

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wybPnHy/weight.png
Leslie-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #60

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Me too. I had several bouts of bad feelings. I went to see a counselor which did help some... Hope you find someone to talk to.
My primary dr gave me a name of a place and I just called my wls clinic and they are emailing me a list. I need to make an appointment soon.

I had made an appointment to have a mini makeover today: eyebrow wax, hair cut and highlights and blow out and just feel blah and don't want to even go. I might cancel. Just feeling so down in the dumps.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote