Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
WLS What are we eating/doing today JULY (already!) 2013!



It's a new month. Half the year is over...

How are we doing on our challenge (if you are in it)?
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I'm bringing over the July posts from the June thread. It's a new month, new start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
My weekend undid everything I did last week. It's fluid, but yeah, still...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I've been struggling for over a week now. Last week I had stomach problems with restriction and no movement, if you know what I mean. Ugh--tried lots of stuff, finally have gone back to magnesium and fiber caps. Heather--being a nurse, I had the sleeve, do you think I'm absorbing the fiber in the caps??? Just hate to take them if they're not helping. I don't know which is working but something is. I feel better this week but it's a lot of pills to take, 6 of each plus all my other stuff. Ugh Plus I was emotionally a mess too. That's better too but I'm not going to make goal for the 4th. Oh well, such is life, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Damage undone... back to where I was Friday. But if I don't push water and keep it up I'll be hard pressed to meet 148 by Thursday. I'm 151 (again) today.



The whole purpose of fiber is that it's NOT absorbed by your body. There are two kinds, soluble and insoluble. Soluble absorbs water, keeping stool softer and larger and easier to move. Insoluble bulks up your stool, making it move faster through your colon. You need both. And if you are supplementing or increasing your fiber you need to up your water. Does no good to increase if you don't give it water too. Women under 50 need about 25 grams a day to stay regular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
B - mint cookie protein
now - pushing fluids (36 oz water)
L - unplanned - eek! - cafeteria it is...
s - ? mint cookie protein
D - leftovers, chicken breast with assorted raw veggies (cucumber, bell pepper, tomato)
s - apple if needed

Went for a 2 1/2 mile run last night. 2 miles with Molly, and the older dog (Tito) looked so excited when I was getting her ready that I told him if "he was ready" when I got back I'd take him for a loop too. Well, when I did the 2 miles and came back he was watching through the window for me so I clipped him in and took him around the block. He's about 7 years old, but he's an 80+ pound pitbull and he has hip issues and arthritis. We've cut back recently on his food (I have, hubby still overscoops) and he's dropped a couple of pounds. He also "plays" in the backyard with Molly. He actually ran for most of the 1/2 mile! I was impressed. Of course when he's clipped in to my running belt he can yank me around if he wants. If he stops (to assert his man-ness on things) it's not pretty lol. I need to get him a pinch collar too if he's to go out with me more often (Molly's won't fit him).

Tonight - probably a run, maybe some Insanity or a blacklight yoga class at a different studio.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I drink plenty of water, usually over 100 ounces of plain water plus other liquids too. I have always been a huge water drinker. I don't understand the fiber stuff. I guess I better do some research.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I drink plenty of water, usually over 100 ounces of plain water plus other liquids too. I have always been a huge water drinker. I don't understand the fiber stuff. I guess I better do some research.
The way fiber works is it stays in your colon to move the waste out. If we absorbed it into our body, it wouldn't really help us at all because it would no longer be in our colon. Soluble fiber breaks down in water (think metamucil that you stir into things and drink). That kind attracts water to keep it in your colon, where your stool absorbs it and becomes softer - and thus easier to move out. Insoluble fiber (think Fiber One or whole grains, etc) just acts as a filler in your colon, bulking your stool up so that the walls have something more substantial to grab and push along during peristalsis.

100 oz of water is great, but if that is your everyday amount, and you are still constipated - AND you are increasing your fiber - then you need to increase your water intake too. If you increase your fiber without increasing your water you could just exacerbate your constipation. Water moves stool. If yours isn't moving - you need more water. You might think you drink plenty, and ordinarily that would be plenty, but if you are constipated at 100 oz then you don't have enough water in your colon - and it really isn't plenty enough. The more active you are, the more water your cells use, the less you have in your colon. Hence constipation. The more you weigh, the more water your cells use and the less you have in your colon. A good rule of thumb is to START at half your body weight in ounces of water and increase based on activity after that.

You could also increase your fat intake (think avocados, not buttercream ) which make stool softer and easier to move as well.
__________________
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $48,000 for The DFW Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,975
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I'm here, ladies, just things are up in the air with my weight loss because I think I'm swollen and retaining some water from the plastic surgery revisions last Friday. Yesterday I was 194.2... I am still eating carefully and trying to keep up with the water drinking. I'm also hoping to be able to go walking by this weekend.

PS: Regarding fiber and regularity: I recently decided to try the new Activia Greek yogurt... It seems kinda sweet, and not as thick as my other favorites, but I did notice I've been having a much easier time of it in the bathroom. However, I have changed a lot of things lately (more water, back to my more regular diet after vacation...), so I'm not 100% sure what's helping. Still, maybe you'd want to look into it?
__________________
The big question is: How badly do you want this!?!
"If it was easy everybody would be doing it." --Me!
“All that we are is the result of what we have thought...What we think we become.” Buddha
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 07-02-2013 at 08:32 AM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I recently decided to try the new Activia Greek yogurt... It seems kinda sweet, and not as thick as my other favorites
Sugar is the 2nd ingredient in the list (meaning it's the second highest content ingredient after milk) and it doesn't seem to come it sugar free.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,975
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
No wonder it tasted so sweet to me! Duh! Darn it. Next!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
Moderator
 
Maryposa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,522
Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Checking in.... WOE-wise things are going fine... the heat has kinda killed my urge to snack (no A/C in my office, just a swamp cooler and fans)
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
150 today.

Don't think I'll make the 148 goal by tomorrow but stranger things have happened, right? I need to work on weekend eating and more importantly - drinking. Not alcohol, I don't drink. Just fluids in general. I knock out tons of water at work when it's right here in front of me all day. But at home - totally out of sight out of mind and I'm lucky to get 12 oz in! Most of my food is grab and go too. Protein drinks, protein bars, fruit... no "real" meals at all...
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Okay. 153 today for me.

Okay, I'm using your dates, but I'm adjusting the increments. I'm not going in 5 pound increments, but am setting specific goals. For the whole 15# by the last goal date you posted.

First goal: 148 by July 4th.
Second goal: 144 by July 31st
Third goal: 141 by August 21st
Fourth goal: 138 by...? September 21st
I brought mine over from last month's thread so I could find it easily to keep track of goal dates and weights... y'all should do the same thing too or repost it here. I was trying to remember what my next one after 148 was.

Tomorrow is goal date #1.
Then we have 27 days to goal date #2, so no worries if we don't *quite* make the first number. There's plenty of time to play catch up with the second one! Steady progress down the scale is most important even if it's not right on the money...
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
(no A/C in my office, just a swamp cooler and fans)
This. I cannot even begin to imagine that here. I'd quit. Actually, I'd probably *love* it lol as cold as I get. I'm sitting here in my office with a space heater on in Texas, in July.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I have a full day today, top to bottom meetings on my calendar. Someone sent a planner yesterday late afternoon for a meeting this morning and for some reason my brain thought it was at 730 am. Well, it's for 8:30, for an hour and a half. That messes up my entire morning, and I have to rearrange 3 hours worth of schedule because of the odd timing of this meeting. Actually, I'm going to go and bow out as soon as I possibly can and try not to sit the whole meeting. :/

So...

B - mint cookie protein
L - didn't grab what I packed since I was in a rush to get out the door so cafeteria if there's anything good
s - apple - I at least managed to toss that in my purse
D - no plan, fireworks show in town tonight.

And water water water.

Workout - nothing so far. Planned to run this morning, but walked into the breakfast room a floor full of glass. Cats knocked over one of my carnival glass pieces and shattered it. So I had to sweep that up before I could feed the dogs. Meanwhile Molly keeps trying to EAT the glass and Tito just wants breakfast. THEN I walk into the kitchen to find my not quite so inexpensive LIGHT tan and pink Coach purse sitting on top of the stove just covered with drying coffee splatters. I guess I should consider myself lucky he didn't set it ON the greasy cookie pan the kids used to make burritos sometime in the middle of the night... So I spent another half hour trying to clean that off - I think I got most of it but I'll need to give it a real cleaning when I get home today. Needless to say, I didn't get my run in - even though I really really really needed it by that point. There wasn't any time left.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I'm not even close to meeting goal for tomorrow. I'm up and down and up and down. Weighing every day for me is really bad. It colors my whole day and this past week has been very negative for me. I'm glad we have a longer stretch for the next goal and I'm done weighing in daily.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I have a full day today, top to bottom meetings on my calendar. Someone sent a planner yesterday late afternoon for a meeting this morning and for some reason my brain thought it was at 730 am. Well, it's for 8:30, for an hour and a half. That messes up my entire morning, and I have to rearrange 3 hours worth of schedule because of the odd timing of this meeting. Actually, I'm going to go and bow out as soon as I possibly can and try not to sit the whole meeting. :/

So...

B - mint cookie protein
L - didn't grab what I packed since I was in a rush to get out the door so cafeteria if there's anything good
s - apple - I at least managed to toss that in my purse
D - no plan, fireworks show in town tonight.

And water water water.

Workout - nothing so far. Planned to run this morning, but walked into the breakfast room a floor full of glass. Cats knocked over one of my carnival glass pieces and shattered it. So I had to sweep that up before I could feed the dogs. Meanwhile Molly keeps trying to EAT the glass and Tito just wants breakfast. THEN I walk into the kitchen to find my not quite so inexpensive LIGHT tan and pink Coach purse sitting on top of the stove just covered with drying coffee splatters. I guess I should consider myself lucky he didn't set it ON the greasy cookie pan the kids used to make burritos sometime in the middle of the night... So I spent another half hour trying to clean that off - I think I got most of it but I'll need to give it a real cleaning when I get home today. Needless to say, I didn't get my run in - even though I really really really needed it by that point. There wasn't any time left.
Not a good way to start the day. Sorry but it can only get better.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'm not even close to meeting goal for tomorrow. I'm up and down and up and down. Weighing every day for me is really bad. It colors my whole day and this past week has been very negative for me. I'm glad we have a longer stretch for the next goal and I'm done weighing in daily.
You could just weigh day 1 and not weigh again until goal day. Or only every Monday during the period... you don't have to weigh every day.

I weigh every day. Sometimes 5-6 times a day lol. But the scale doesn't dictate to me that way, I know there are going to be up and downswings so I just pay attention to the trends. Multiple days up in a row = bad. Up, down, up, down = normal.

But, like you said. Plenty of time to play catch up.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Not a good way to start the day. Sorry but it can only get better.
It's probably a good thing though, had I just put my shoes on to run after sweeping instead of finding the purse... there was probably glass in them... I need to check that later today!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,975
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Fitness Motivator ‏
The difference between who you ARE and who you WANT TO BE is the work you put in.

I joined twitter recently and one of the things I follow now is this Fitness Motivator. I found this one especially true...
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,975
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
A few more sayings I just read...anything to keep me going...


The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten.


Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. -Ross Perot


Its not how you start.. Its how you finish.

PS: Made my own version of fat bombs with Matrix choc protein powder, cream cheese, butter, equal, powdered peanut butter, walnuts, and a few raisins. WAYYYYY too good - a mix between a chunky candy bar and chocolate icing. NEVER AGAIN & thank goodness I didn't make a lot!!!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 07-03-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
What are fat bombs? And they just don't sound like they would sit well with me. :/ It seems everything doesn't sit well with me lately.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #20
Moderator
 
Maryposa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,522
Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
lol Heather they certainly would not sit well with you based on what you have told us... don't go there! lol

They are bites of high fat stuff.... like cream cheese, nut butters, butter, coconut oil, etc. They are usually sweetened, and people eat them when they have cravings... the idea is that fat is satiating.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
lol Heather they certainly would not sit well with you based on what you have told us... don't go there! lol

They are bites of high fat stuff.... like cream cheese, nut butters, butter, coconut oil, etc. They are usually sweetened, and people eat them when they have cravings... the idea is that fat is satiating.
Have you tried them Mary? I never have but seems like a good snack.
I had vsg so fat doesn't normally bother me.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
JUST BRINGING OVER MY GOALS:

Ok, I have never really set weight loss goals---at least not since wls. This may be a tad lofty but you need to shoot for the moon, right? Current weigh: 218

First goal: 212 by July 4th.
Second goal: 202 by July 31st
Third goal: 194 by August 21st ONDERLAND!!!!
Fourth goal: 181 by September 21st
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Hot Tamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chaos Ave. & Stress Blvd.
Posts: 5,975
Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
First goal: 189.anything by July 4th.
Second goal: 183 by July 31st
Third goal: 179 by August 21st (my 46th birthday)
Fourth goal: 174 by...? September 21st?

There's mine. I did not meet today's goal. Actually, I didn't even weigh...I know I'm still puffy and retaining water I assume from the liposuction. I am still working at it - hope to be walking again by Saturday.

So far today, I've had one cup of coffee, 1 scoop of mint cookie with 1% milk, and a blueberry Oikos Greek yogurt. I will have some steak from the bbq I'll be doing in a few hours. Other than that, I'm trying to keep eating minimal.

Have a good day, Everyone!!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
lol Heather they certainly would not sit well with you based on what you have told us... don't go there! lol

They are bites of high fat stuff.... like cream cheese, nut butters, butter, coconut oil, etc. They are usually sweetened, and people eat them when they have cravings... the idea is that fat is satiating.
No, not at all lol! Fat DOES not agree with me!!! I get nauseated if I eat one bite too much peanut butter. I can't eat more than a 1" section of smoked sausage (turkey included!) and yeah... those would have me wanting to die!!

Today's weight 149. Back in the 140's which is awesome - but still 1# over my 5# loss goal of 148. Not too bad, I'm okay with at. I did derail myself over the last weekend (and I have a 4 day weekend now so I'm trying my darndest NOT to do the same thing!) which brought me up over my original starting weight. So I did lose exactly 5 pounds, it just wasn't the 5 pounds I *wanted* to lose. I really think that one extra run would have pushed me up over the edge and done it for me. I was 150 last night, and then went for a run this morning and was 149 both before and after the shower. If for some reason I see 148 at any point today before midnight I'm gonna call it lol, but I doubt that will happen. I need to push fluids, that's my downfall on weekends. I don't drink fluids.

How did everyone else do on their 7/4 goals? Remember you *technically* have until midnight to call it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
JUST BRINGING OVER MY GOALS:

Ok, I have never really set weight loss goals---at least not since wls. This may be a tad lofty but you need to shoot for the moon, right? Current weigh: 218

First goal: 212 by July 4th.
Second goal: 202 by July 31st
Third goal: 194 by August 21st ONDERLAND!!!!
Fourth goal: 181 by September 21st
What was your number today - I bet you totally hit it or came close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
First goal: 189.anything by July 4th.
Second goal: 183 by July 31st
Third goal: 179 by August 21st (my 46th birthday)
Fourth goal: 174 by...? September 21st?

There's mine. I did not meet today's goal. Actually, I didn't even weigh...I know I'm still puffy and retaining water I assume from the liposuction. I am still working at it - hope to be walking again by Saturday.

So far today, I've had one cup of coffee, 1 scoop of mint cookie with 1% milk, and a blueberry Oikos Greek yogurt. I will have some steak from the bbq I'll be doing in a few hours. Other than that, I'm trying to keep eating minimal.

Have a good day, Everyone!!!
I think you should see what your number is today - knowing that it is most likely all fluid and swelling gain - just to see what your starting off point for the next round is. I think we should just call you good and give you a bye week for the previous round due to medical intervention!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Happy 4th!!!

Went for a run this morning at 830, just 1 3/4 miles because I had a timeline and I overslept a teeny, then home to shower. Son is in 9th grade this fall and the HS band was marching in the parade so we went downtown to watch that. I adore that child. He's strangely awesome in a nerdy fun kind of way.

My eating today is more time based than meal based, maybe I should start reporting that way since I log that way in my tracker?

9am - pretty much just 20 oz water post run.
1130 - mint cookie protein drink

It's noon now so I'll drink my diet Snapple half n' half and push some more water. Probably around 2 I'll grab some real food - I have tomatoes and cucumbers to eat up.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Heather, you are so dedicated. Wow, I need that determination. Wish I could find it. I know====just do it, right? lol I got into the chips last night and weird cause that's not even one of my red foods. They just tasted so good, salty and crispy. Not going to bring them into the house anymore. My family splurged on carbs this weekend. Not good for me as I normally never have them in my house. I did well with my food except those darn chips last night. At least I didn't grab the bowl and sit and eat them, I just grabbed some going by the bowl which was bad enough. I need to push the water today for sure---feel like I gained 10 lbs.
__________________
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #27
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Heather, you are so dedicated. Wow, I need that determination. Wish I could find it. I know====just do it, right? lol I got into the chips last night and weird cause that's not even one of my red foods. They just tasted so good, salty and crispy. Not going to bring them into the house anymore. My family splurged on carbs this weekend. Not good for me as I normally never have them in my house. I did well with my food except those darn chips last night. At least I didn't grab the bowl and sit and eat them, I just grabbed some going by the bowl which was bad enough. I need to push the water today for sure---feel like I gained 10 lbs.
Salty is my undoing lately. I know it's because I'm dehydrated, but yum. Salty foods.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
The last two weeks have been bad on my stomach. The fiber caps aren't working now. They did help--I think, who knows? I was also taking a bunch of magnesium so that might have done it too. Then I was getting light headed a lot so I looked up doses and it turns out taking too much magnesium can cause that and a lot of other issues. So I stopped taking the extra mag. Ugh. My stomach is not happy. I don't know what to do. I guess I will try that stupid generic Metamucil again. Plus I've gained weight for the first time since surgery. I'm thinking it's all the salt and the back up problem. I haven't eaten badly. I'm just losing my mind.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #29
Way too much time on my hands!
 
myyellowstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 14,936
Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
The last two weeks have been bad on my stomach. The fiber caps aren't working now. They did help--I think, who knows? I was also taking a bunch of magnesium so that might have done it too. Then I was getting light headed a lot so I looked up doses and it turns out taking too much magnesium can cause that and a lot of other issues. So I stopped taking the extra mag. Ugh. My stomach is not happy. I don't know what to do. I guess I will try that stupid generic Metamucil again. Plus I've gained weight for the first time since surgery. I'm thinking it's all the salt and the back up problem. I haven't eaten badly. I'm just losing my mind.
Yes, mag is not something that is to be taken in high doses regularly.

Upset stomach is a side effect. It competes with calcium (and wins). LBP, slow heart rate, kidney disfunction, cardiac arrest...

Occasional doses is fine, but if you find yourself needing high doses frequently for constipation then you need to find something else!

And we're talking greater than 350-500mg a day is excessive.

The weight gain is probably stool. I know when I get constipated that's the first thing that tends to happen to... just know you're early enough out that it will come back down. It's when you are further out that you need to get worried!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #30
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,295
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Yes, mag is not something that is to be taken in high doses regularly.

Upset stomach is a side effect. It competes with calcium (and wins). LBP, slow heart rate, kidney disfunction, cardiac arrest...

Occasional doses is fine, but if you find yourself needing high doses frequently for constipation then you need to find something else!

And we're talking greater than 350-500mg a day is excessive.

The weight gain is probably stool. I know when I get constipated that's the first thing that tends to happen to... just know you're early enough out that it will come back down. It's when you are further out that you need to get worried!
Thanks, Heather. I just am not doing well emotionally or physically. I am going to try the Metamucil today at least 2X, even if it kills me.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:51 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.