Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Been soooo busy lately with work...

B - 0% Fage with frozen cherries (I bought several bags on the verge of turning earlier in the week and pitted and froze them!) and splenda
L - I didn't bring anything. It's Dress Like A Cow day at ChickFilA. Free meal for coming in in a cow costume - so diet lemonade, grilled 4 piece nuggets and fruit cup here I come!
s - Matrix peanut butter cookie. It came yesterday, I haven't tried it yet but I tasted the powder - I think it will be a secondary addiction!!
D - no idea!

Yesterday I went for a 2 1/2 mile run and came home to find my new bluetooth earbuds had come in! So I charged them up all night and I'll take them out for a run today.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #62

Okay challengers - if you were in on it we are a week into the second round. Check in, how's it going?

First goal: 148 by July 4th. - not met - 149
Second goal: 144 by July 31st
Third goal: 141 by August 21st
Fourth goal: 138 by...? September 21st

I'm still 149. Of course, that's actually *down* from the damage I did over the 4 day holiday weekend. So I'm still good. Next goal is the 31st. 19 days, plenty of time!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #63

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I'm basically stuck with my weight and seem to have been up and down for about 3 weeks now. I'm doing the same thing but maybe my body is adjusting??? I'm not getting on the scale as it does evil things to my head when I do. I will try to up my exercise and weigh in on 7/31. It better be down by then.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I am not doing well - but I am still trying. I just set up my fitbit and so far I LOVE it! It really does do so much to keep my on track! Of course, you really have to be honest and log everything - food and water - but it reminds me what I need to be doing. I wanted to walk/run today - and still might - but its raining and miserable here. Instead of sitting around, however, I have been organizing my closets and bathroom drawers (you know it is time to do that when you find pull-up training pants and your kids are almost TEN years old!!). I've adjusted my 189 goal to July 30th. That's about 6 pounds in about two weeks. Cool thing about fitbit is I can enter my goal and see just how much I need to do each day - with calories in and out - to get there. I am confident it is a great tool to help me succeed.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #65

I had a very long stall at around a year and a half. We're talking 2-3 months. Then it just picked back up again and I lost a ton more. Your body will go through periods of time when it just needs to play catch up to all the weight loss. It's frustrating during that time. I've found actually INCREASING calories helped move stalls along!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Mine happened at ten months. I didn't lose anything for about 5 weeks...then everything started again. I attribute it to my eating changing (some) and my body adjusting. Hang in there!
Old 07-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #67

Finally hit the 90 pound mark and a new low for me. 215!!!! I know it's still a lot but haven't been this low in years. And that coconut oil in my coffee is working wonderfully. Only 1 teaspoon each morning and I'm good. Also, it's keeping me full too. I even cut back to 1 cup of coffee now instead of two which is also good. I switch to water after the coffee. I made meat sauce and zoodles last night. So good. I love zoodles, I think I can eat them everyday. (they are zucchini noodles--just used a veggie peeler and made shreds and sautéed in garlic and evoo.)
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Way to go Chewie! I am going to have to try the coconut oil in my coffee, too. 215 is not that much...add 90 - that's a lot more! I don't care for zucchini but I might have to try that. My whole family (well, 4 out of 5 of us) are trying to watch carbs and that would help a lot!

Okay Everyone - I love, love, LOVE this fitbit thing I got. It does take a little time to log my food - looking up things - but it helps keep me honest and helps me plan. One thing I found out is how many (sorta) hidden carbs & calories I'm eating! My coffee alone has 60 calories and 2.5 carbs. It also helps me with portion sizes. I just know this will help me a lot. I put in my weight loss goal and they offered me options of how hard I was willing to work to get to it (I picked the 3rd out of 4 levels of difficulty, 4 being the toughest...). Then, when I reached 5,000 steps they awarded me a "medal." There's another for 10,000 (I got to between 7 and 8K yesterday...). It also tracks how long I'm asleep and how long it takes me to get to sleep. It tracks how many times I woke up, too. I don't think this is an alternative to a sleep study, however. Still, its part fun, part challenge, and part accountability. I LOVE IT!!!

How is YOUR Sunday coming along, Everyone? Please post!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 07-14-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #69

Having our parents over for the usual family dinner today. Skipped last week since they were here on Thursday the 4th. The menu today is lasagna stuffed peppers, lc focaccia, jello cheesecake--cherry, sweet coconut bread, salad. Cheese and pepperoni for appetizer. My upper back is really sore today. I guess I might have overdone it yesterday with all the work I did, watering, changing sheets, laundry, etc. I rarely have to take anything for pain but I might today.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #70

Doesn't your FitBit interface with other tracking apps? Mine BMF does with my calorie counter, running, scale and other apps. I know I've seen FitBit on there too. It's super easy to track everything.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #71

I am so exhausted. Spent 3 1/2 hours playing catch in the pool yesterday. It was partly cloudy so I wasn't worried about sunburn and that was STUPID!!! I am burned and not happy. I never get sunburned. GRRRR So mad at myself. But it was really fun and great exercise. I was actually jumping for the ball and my arms are sore from throwing too.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Chewie - good job with the exercise! I am still sore from waxing my new car the other day!

Yes, the fitbit can interface with other things. Right now I am happy just seeing the results on my computer. It is fun. I was waiting in a doc's office today (for forever) and it was just my daughter and I in there so I got up and started walking around the waiting room. Logged almost 1,000 steps!

So I am having major stomach issues when my stomach is empty. I have attributed it to stress and all that...and maybe it is true. However, when it is waking me up at night (4:20AM) cause it hurts so bad something must be done. I was able to get in to see my doc tomorrow at 9:45AM. I know he will want to scope me and I'm hurting so bad I will gladly say do it! Since I go to have my filter removed this Thursday maybe he can pop in and do it then while they have me knocked out... Pray they can!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
So I am having major stomach issues when my stomach is empty. I have attributed it to stress and all that...and maybe it is true. However, when it is waking me up at night (4:20AM) cause it hurts so bad something must be done. I was able to get in to see my doc tomorrow at 9:45AM. I know he will want to scope me and I'm hurting so bad I will gladly say do it! Since I go to have my filter removed this Thursday maybe he can pop in and do it then while they have me knocked out... Pray they can!
I worry about an ulcer with those symptoms. Mine was gnawing pain on an empty stomach, relieved *briefly* on eating, but then it hurt worse right after eating.

It's possible to do so, we used to combine them all the time. They'll do the filter removal first then the scope. Clean to dirty.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

The pain is like a cramp that never releases...I guess gnawing might describe it. Not a rumbling - it just really hurts. I've had it for about a month, but this last week it has really been getting worse fast. I'd be shocked if it wasn't an ulcer. I'm under a lot of stress and pressure right now... I really hope they can do it all Thursday. Thanks for your insight.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #75

Quote:
The pain is like a cramp that never releases...I guess gnawing might describe it. Not a rumbling - it just really hurts. I've had it for about a month, but this last week it has really been getting worse fast. I'd be shocked if it wasn't an ulcer. I'm under a lot of stress and pressure right now... I really hope they can do it all Thursday. Thanks for your insight.
Yeah, that sounds like mine was. It was also like I was hungry, but I wasn't hungry... if that makes sense. Like the pain could be interpreted as a hunger pain, even though I knew I couldn't be hungry...?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #76

I'd get it checked out ASAP and if it's nothing then at least you have peace of mind. If it is something then you have quick action.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #77

Ok--what is a filter??? I'm confused.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL - Sorry Chewie! I have a history of blood clots (almost died from a clot (DVT) - I had pulmonary emboli - pieces of that blood clot in my lungs, etc...) in 2009) and I have something in my blood (I bet Heather knows what it is called - some sort of protein) which makes me predisposed to clotting. I take blood thinners for it (Coumadin) and have had a filter inserted in my vena cava (a big blood vessel - man, I should be able to describe this better - sorry) to help stop clots if they should occur. The biggest possibility for this happens after surgery. And, since I have had more than a few surgeries in the past few years, my doctors and I all felt more comfortable if I had one. However, it is time to remove it (they can fail, get blocked, etc...), so I'm getting it out on Thursday. Hopefully my weight loss and (now) much more active lifestyle, in addition to continued blood thinning medication, will make me much less likely to get a clot.

All prayers are appreciated this coming Thursday. Thank you!!!

In other news: The fitbit continues to motivate and amuse me! One thing I don't like is it doesn't really account for swimming as an exercise. I mean, you can log that you swam (which I did yesterday for about half an hour), but it doesn't count it the same as other activities where you are actually wearing it on your body. It isn't waterproof... It is also tracking my sleep - I changed the sensitivity so it better detects when I wake up. I'm still encouraged - I'm sleeping about 97% of the time I should be. I also found there's a community section on the webpage you go to to view your progress which has tons of people using the devices. Lots of WLS patients there, in addition to all kinds of people just trying to be healthy. Very motivating.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #79

HT--thanks for the explanation. Wow, that's scary. I'll be praying for a good outcome and easy healing.

I would love a fit bit but my dh bought me a really nice pedometer for Christmas and it is still sitting brand new on my computer desk. I think he'd get mad if I went and bought it. I guess I should talk to him about it. I looked on the big A store and there are a number of different models. Is yours the $100 one???? Sorry, I'm a techno nerd--can't seem to keep up.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #80
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes - my fitbit cost $89 on HSN a few days ago.

Thanks for the kind words about the filter removal.

I went to the doc about my stomach issues and I'm getting scoped tomorrow... He thinks it is an ulcer - already has me on 2 meds. We'll see soon enough.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #81

Morning peeps. It rained!!!! Woohoo---probably not enough but I'll take it.

Last night was pizza night here. I had some homemade meat sauce left and used it in 3 pizza dishes. I made zucchini pizza muffins, where's the crust pizza with mushrooms and pizza sliders(pizza stuffed mushrooms). YUM!!! Dh loved the zucchini muffins and the mushrooms. He only ate 1/2 a piece of pizza that I couldn't finish cause he ate so much of the other stuff.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:55 AM   #82

Just want to mention again how better I feel now that I'm taking the one teaspoon of coconut oil in my morning coffee. Wow. It's amazing!!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #83

B - 0% Fage with frozen cherries and splenda.
L - sliced grilled chicken, cottage cheese, chickpeas, sliced pepperoncinis
s - apple or protein
D - something, probably leftovers

Workout - run for sure, maybe yoga as well.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

No ulcer. Tomorrow is an ultrasound of my gallbladder. I had to cancel the filter removal - cause I might be having gallbladder surgery! O,o it is ALWAYS something.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #85

Quote:
No ulcer. Tomorrow is an ultrasound of my gallbladder. I had to cancel the filter removal - cause I might be having gallbladder surgery! O,o it is ALWAYS something.
Gallbladder makes sense too! Is the pain centralized around the sternum and pushes through to the back, same area?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #86

Not on track for my 7/31 goal of 144. I have 8 pounds to get there.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

You know, its hard to tell - its like my whole stomach area seizes up...

My goal is messed up, too...but I continue to eat carefully. Guess I need to eat more protein and less fruit.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jmhearts
Hello all. I had vsg on November 22, 2010. I started at 406. I got down to 280 and then in May 2012 I realized I was pregnant. Gave birth to baby #2 in January at 323. Weighed myself on Monday and am at 305. I need to get back on track but I've been slow to it due to financial problems and recovering from csection. I still don't feel 100 percent and baby is teething and wakes me up at least once per night. But I started atkins to get back in the routine of prioritizing protein and am working on drinking my water. My goal is 150 though I'd be content around 180.

That's all for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post

It's a new month. Half the year is over...

How are we doing on our challenge (if you are in it)?
jmhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome and congrats on your little one! Sounds like you're moving in the right direction, too!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhearts View Post
Hello all. I had vsg on November 22, 2010. I started at 406. I got down to 280 and then in May 2012 I realized I was pregnant. Gave birth to baby #2 in January at 323. Weighed myself on Monday and am at 305. I need to get back on track but I've been slow to it due to financial problems and recovering from csection. I still don't feel 100 percent and baby is teething and wakes me up at least once per night. But I started atkins to get back in the routine of prioritizing protein and am working on drinking my water. My goal is 150 though I'd be content around 180.

That's all for now.
Welcome! You've found a good group. We know about struggling and how much work it is to get back on track! We are all on different legs of our journey, but there are several of us from 2010 in here. Lots of VSGers too - they'll come poke their heads in soon, I'm sure!!!

We use this thread for accountability for exercise and nutrition, posting what we ate and did (or didn't do) for activity. Feel free to start posting!