Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Um, yeah. Up in weight again. I feel puffy and bloaty. I've been eating simethicone like candy. Food wasn't bad in quantity, but it was salty, and it was carby. So I'm resetting. And I need it to stick.

Packed and planned food today, and hopefully I can keep it up all week. I'm also out of mint cookie protein. I changed the delivery date to later in the month to hit a different paycheck, and ran out before the delivery (didn't think about that!). But it's close enough that I don't need to have them send an extra package. I've just been using the rtd Pure Protein shakes. Not a favorite taste wise, but I don't hate them. I also ordered the matrix peanut butter cookie protein. No clue when that will get here.

Eats today (I included measurements because there was a question lately related to how much people can eat - remember we are all different!).

About 10 oz water this morning so far.
B - 6 oz (works out to be around 1/2 cup volume wise) 0% Fage with 1.5 oz (about 1 large) sliced strawberries and Splenda
L - back to my old standby... 1.5 oz chicken breast (canned today since I didn't have any leftovers), 2.5 oz 2% cottage cheese (1/4 cup volume wise), 35g chickpeas (about 40 chickpeas), 1 tbps sliced pepperoncinis, 10 snap peas and 10g spinach (about 30 leafs).
s - apple or protein drink, depending
D - no idea!

Workout - I had to be at work early so I didn't run but I brought everything in my car to run after work if the temps are good. If not, gym. If not, run this evening with Molly. But do something.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #32

Okay, lunch is in. You saw what I SAID I was eating. I actually only got in part of it. 7 of the snap peas, no spinach and only 2/3 or 3/4 of the chicken, chickpea, cottage cheese mixture. I'm full to bursting and it was actually probably 2 bites too many but I wanted that "one more" snap pea. They're so yum and crunchy!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Your food sounds delish, Heather. I had a mint cookie (1 scoop) for breakfast. Also had a big cup of coffee with half and half and equal... Having a greek yogurt now. I walked and jogged a little last night - maybe close to 2 miles total - this was my first workout since the plastics revision. It went well. I am up in weight (196 ish) and my goal for this week (to weigh in next Monday) is to be some part of 192. I'm mad I'm up, but I know bad (nighttime) eating and no exercise are to blame. Gotta just suck it up and DO IT!!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #34

I think that I am going to post my amounts with my foods for a while. 1 - for accountability, and 2 - to show what my capacity is on different things. If anyone wants to as well, feel free.

I know my weight is up from some bad choices (hello sf Reeses and chips and salsa) but I also know that it's fluid since it was so much so quickly - and that it will come off with patience and good choices. Yours will too!

And I'm jealous of your mint cookie. I have ONE servng left. My deliver is supposed to come the 15th, but it usually comes a few days earlier. I changed it from the 5th to the 15th. Now I wish I would not have lol!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather - I'm sorry! Want me to send you some? I think yours will get there before mine could get to you!

I have to order that peanut butter cookie kind. I hope I didn't miss out on the coupon...

For lunch I had 2 small hb eggs and about 1/3C pickled beets. I love them!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 07-08-2013 at 01:01 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Heather - I'm sorry! Want me to send you some? I think yours will get there before mine could get to you!

I have to order that peanut butter cookie kind. I hope I didn't miss out on the coupon...

For lunch I had 2 small hb eggs and about 1/3C pickled beets. I love them!
Ooh, beets! I haven't had those in a long time. I need to check the sugar on those, but I bet I could make some!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #37

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Got up extra early today, hence the morning snack

B - SF Caramel Coffee Protein Shake
S - Sausage patty with cheese
L - chicken and broccoli in alfredo sauce
S - 1/4 cup almonds or dried squid
D - not sure... maybe salad with roast beef on top?
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #38

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi Peeps. I made Korean bbq short ribs and wilted Cajun cabbage last nigh for dinner but couldn't eat it. My stupid stomach is so unbalanced. I ended up having a chicken thigh and a cup of tea to settle it. I'm going to make some flax muffins today. Anyone make them to help things move along? Do I have to increase water with flax too??? UGH---this is a pain.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi Peeps. I made Korean bbq short ribs and wilted Cajun cabbage last nigh for dinner but couldn't eat it. My stupid stomach is so unbalanced. I ended up having a chicken thigh and a cup of tea to settle it. I'm going to make some flax muffins today. Anyone make them to help things move along? Do I have to increase water with flax too??? UGH---this is a pain.
It's high in fiber, so yeah. Also very high in (the good kind) of fat. Use ground flax or flax oil. Whole flax isn't as good as ground. I like flax, it has a kind of nutty taste. Some people don't like it though. It goes rancid fast so I keep it in the freezer and it keeps well. I sometimes use it on my yogurt in the mornings. Keep in mind that flax muffins will be very heavy. You might start with partial flax muffins or make mini muffins...
Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

I lurve the one minute muffins made with ground flax...I have to make one of those someday soon!

Hey guys - I saw a Fitbit on HSN last night & decided to take the plunge. I can't wait to get it!

I had a mammogram today. I cannot stress how simple, relatively painless, and quick it was... I know they aren't foolproof - but early detection is key...

Then....I guess I was feeling sadistic, cause I went and bought a car. My car has been on its last leg for a while now. I was sad to see it go, but since it was no longer under any warranty and had over 100,000 miles I thought it was time. None of the interior lights worked, the cruise control was broken the cd player was broken - you get the picture... Sure, I could have driven it another year or two, maybe, but I decided I should take the plunge. That, and my credit union's 1.75% interest helped reel me in.

Eating was okay today, but weird, because I spent about 4 hours at the car dealership. I'm pretty tired, but somewhat satisfied I didn't get raked too far over the coals.

Heather - did you get to the beets yet? I just finished the last serving. I have to make those more often. They were good!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #41

HT congrats on the new car!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Mary! For anyone interested (I posted this on the thread I had/have going in The Playground, too...): Its a white 2013 Kia Sorrento. It was used by Kia - guess an employee had it, maybe? It has 11K miles. Its a V6 with Bluetooth and the ipod dock thing, etc... Its actually pretty basic, but it has the optional 3rd row seating I wanted and the V6 I wanted. And, compared to my old van that was really falling apart, it seems like a whole lot of luxury... Now its all over but the payments! :P
Old 07-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #43

Quote:
Thanks Mary! For anyone interested (I posted this on the thread I had/have going in The Playground, too...): Its a white 2013 Kia Sorrento. It was used by Kia - guess an employee had it, maybe? It has 11K miles. Its a V6 with Bluetooth and the ipod dock thing, etc... Its actually pretty basic, but it has the optional 3rd row seating I wanted and the V6 I wanted. And, compared to my old van that was really falling apart, it seems like a whole lot of luxury... Now its all over but the payments! :P
Congratulations! New cars are fun. Except for the payments boo hiss, which I'm so glad to be done with. I like Sorrentos - and even basic cars nowadays have fun things in them! How is it on gas with the v6? I used to have a Mustang (yellow of course lol) that was a v8 manual and it wasn't as bad on gas as people assumed. It was a fun fun fun little ride and if my kids hadn't grown bigger I'd still have her!

I bet yours was used as a loaner vehicle for when people came in for car repairs and stuff? That's my guess. Unless employees really do get to get a new car every year and then I'm in the wrong job! I always think that when my cousin talks about the free airfare he and his immediate family get because he works for the airlines too.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
It's high in fiber, so yeah. Also very high in (the good kind) of fat. Use ground flax or flax oil. Whole flax isn't as good as ground. I like flax, it has a kind of nutty taste. Some people don't like it though. It goes rancid fast so I keep it in the freezer and it keeps well. I sometimes use it on my yogurt in the mornings. Keep in mind that flax muffins will be very heavy. You might start with partial flax muffins or make mini muffins...
I do like flax and use the ground flax in focaccia and other things too. I'm also thinking to use coconut oil and flour too.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gas is like 20 & 26 or something... I had a Mustang in college, which I loved even though it was older - in a bad way. If it was just me in it I'd have a Mustang or a Camaro... but it isn't!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #46

HT--congrats on the new car. Woohoo. With one in college and the other in football and needing cleats, etc---no new cars in our near future. Things are just so expensive these days--food, electric---killing us. I need to find a full time job. I'm just not emotionally ready. I've been working pt since 2004 when we moved here. I don't know how to adjust.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #47

I had a battle with sf cake with sf buttercreme frosting last night. I was paying for it with gas pain and bloating all night and today I'm paying for it again with uh... bathroom issues. At least I know I'm cleaned out... or close to it!

I think I won the battle. I know better. It was a tiny cake (like one of those 5" rounds from Walmart) and I cut it into 4 triangle pieces (said it serves 5 but I didn't want to do weird math to determine what portions to cut!). Ate one, stuck it in the fridge. Then proceeded to eat tastes of icing off and on all night. I even contemplated skipping yoga to eat cake since I knew it would bloat me and I wouldn't want to do anything but lay there. (I went to yoga.) So I'm standing there licking icing off the knife over the trashcan, feeling like I'm getting nauseated and sicker, trying to break free enough to toss it in the garbage... and I finally just have to MAKE my hands let go and drop it into the can. Anyway... all told I ate the slice of cake, another half slice of cake and probably 60% of the icing that was on the other two slices left. Yeah. Just cuz it's sugar free doesn't mean I can handle it...

Today:

20oz water

B - 6oz (half cup volume) 0% Fage
1.5oz (1 large) sliced strawberry
splenda.

36oz iced tea with splenda

L - 1.5 oz chicken breast (canned, about 1/4 cup volume)
35g chickpeas (about 35 peas)
2.5 oz cottage cheese (about 1/4 cup volume)
1Tbsp pepperoncinis sliced
10 snap peas

s - probably a pure protein vanilla RTD or a small jazz apple

D - no idea! I need some chicken breasts for lunches the rest of the week so maybe that.

Workout - yoga, then run when it cools off.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
I sometimes have to destroy food too in order to stop myself from eating it. I have found myself stuffing things like crunch and munch into my mouth WHILE pouring it out on the floor for the dog to finish up. Last night it was a cake ~ my dd made a cake, nothing too wonderful, just from a box with canned frosting to bring to a potluck party. She brought about half of it home. it sat on our counter for a couple of days and neither my son, or husband or daughter ate it. I was cutting myself a slice last night when I thought WTH it's not even a GOOD cake! I grabbed it and ran water all over it, mushing it with my hands. It was surprisingly satisfying to destroy the cake
Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #49

Isn't it weird how "normies" can let a cake sit on the counter for days on end and WE have to do things like destroy food so we don't have to worry about "controlling" ourselves around it... it's not even like the "normies" have more will power... they just don't care that much about food. NOT FAIR
Old 07-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #50

B - chocolate hazelnut coffee protein shake
L - Small LC wrap with roast beef, cheese, and scant amounts lettuce, onion, red bell pepper, pickle and ranch dressing
S - Lindora BBQ Soy Crisps
D - Not sure, either another shake, or an Atkins frozen meal (I already know I won't feel like cooking)
Old 07-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Isn't it weird how "normies" can let a cake sit on the counter for days on end and WE have to do things like destroy food so we don't have to worry about "controlling" ourselves around it... it's not even like the "normies" have more will power... they just don't care that much about food. NOT FAIR
Strangely, after surgery...for about the first 18 months or so I didn't care about it either. I don't know if my resolve was just that strong or what, but it wasn't even a contemplation to eat stuff. The more I eat of it the more I want to eat...so I do try to just say no versus just having a bite or two of something... I HATE THAT!
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
I'm hanging in there. I'm at 150, which was my surgeon's goal; 10 lbs. to go until my goal!

Nothing exciting or new with me.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #53

Quote:
Strangely, after surgery...for about the first 18 months or so I didn't care about it either. I don't know if my resolve was just that strong or what, but it wasn't even a contemplation to eat stuff. The more I eat of it the more I want to eat...so I do try to just say no versus just having a bite or two of something... I HATE THAT!
Yes, me too... I am disappointed my body found a way around that. It was like I finally understood what it felt like to be normal. Now that is gone... now I really know what the honeymoon period is about... it's not about greater restriction. I really believe that it has to do with ghrelin and other hormones. They find a way back
Old 07-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree, they do. Also, the little dumping I had (really never more than a cold sweat, the shakes, and an upset stomach) is now much less of an issue: I can eat anything and way too much of the bad stuff. I need a mental makeover - I know this is mostly in my mind.

I was really upset at my kids tonight for messing around and ripping some of our lanai screening. It wasn't on purpose, but it was thoughtless and it made me really mad (after just buying that car yesterday extra money is a thing of the past, you know?). So, I immediately wanted to go for a walk/run, which I did. I don't know if it was the heat or I was a bit dehydrated or what, but about 20 minutes into it I suddenly got woozy - dizzy and lightheaded. For a second I didn't know if I was about to throw up or faint or both! I focused my eyes on the horizon of sorts and walked home. After a bottle of water and a hot shower I felt a lot better. Scary though, you know?

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 07-10-2013 at 09:04 PM..
Old 07-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #55

So yesterday I started adding coconut oil to my morning coffee. Day 2 today and it worked already. TMI??? Lol It's supposed to suppress the appetite and help with bm. It's a little weird but not bad. I have hot coffee even when it's 100 degrees. Although in the afternoon, I usually make an iced coffee. Anyone else use coconut oil?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't use it (except in my hair and on my skin) but since you're saying it worked for you I think I will try some in my coffee (although I'm going to stop the coffee again soon...). I am currently suffering from some pain when my stomach is very empty. I have been awakened to pain a few times this past week. It happened this time last year, too, but a scope showed no ulcer. I know things could have changed - but just do not wanna do that again. I figure I'll stop the coffee and maybe start some Nexium...
Old 07-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #57

Did you have to take an antacid for a year following wls? I am still on it, it's a prescription one to prevent ulcers. I've never had a problem like that. I hope the coffee helps get rid of the pain.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Coffee did...water does not. And food does, but I refuse to start eating (too much) just to stop the pain. I was only on an antacid for the first month after surgery. I think its all the stress I'm under - buying the car and my little medical procedures and general stress of living (okay, a bit more than usual) have me physically flipping out... Thanks for your support!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I couldn't let anything set pre-op. Certain things now I can't either. It has to do with the craving cycle. I haven't had sugar since before surgery. You could unwrap a Reeses (my fave) and balance it on my nose all day and it won't tempt me. Set a SF version in my VIEW anywhere and I'm wanting to eat the whole package. Break the cycle and there's no craving but to break that requires willpower to get past that first bit of torture.

Quote:
Strangely, after surgery...for about the first 18 months or so I didn't care about it either.
Yeah, that. For about two years steady. And today I can get to that same point by abstaining from anything in my craving cycles (like above). When I workout and eat on point I eat practically nothing and have no desire to eat at all!

Quote:
So yesterday I started adding coconut oil to my morning coffee. Day 2 today and it worked already. TMI??? Lol It's supposed to suppress the appetite and help with bm. It's a little weird but not bad. I have hot coffee even when it's 100 degrees. Although in the afternoon, I usually make an iced coffee. Anyone else use coconut oil?
Does that make things oily? I'm envisioning a nasty mouth oily feel... I only use CO for my face when it's really dry. It's full of saturated fats and those are not good. Besides, y'all know my aversion to fats lol.

Quote:
Did you have to take an antacid for a year following wls? I am still on it, it's a prescription one to prevent ulcers. I've never had a problem like that. I hope the coffee helps get rid of the pain.
I needed it for 6 weeks per my surgeon, but I took it a little longer for good measure. VSG is different because you still produce/overproduce acid so someone else might be able to chime in there...
Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #60

It is a little oily but it does help to keep me full longer. I'm only using 1 teaspoon.