Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #1

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
WLS What are we eating/doing today JUNE 2013?

Starting the June thread. It's a new month, time for me to get back on track! How's everyone else doing???
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I'm doing better than I was. I actually taped a pic of me around my heaviest to the fridge and on it I drew a bubble in which I say, "MMMM mmmm, go on, eat those carbs, girl..." It helps. :P

Also, today is my last day of coffee. I'm just going to go cold turkey with a little Advil or Tylenol. I'm also getting my teeth whitened tomorrow...so it is pretty much a necessity!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #3

LOL HT that's funny.
As for what to take when quitting coffee, why not Excedrin (it has some caffeine, so it might be kinda like nicotine gum for smokers trying to quit)?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #4

B - Cocoa coconut coffee protein shake
S - Atkins bar (last one; I am not buying more!)
L - Beef and onions/bell pepers (basically, fajitas)
D - Not sure yet, but I have some pork marinating and some strawberries
Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi. Trying to eat healthy on vacation is challenging. I am doing pretty well. Brought my rtd protein shakes helps alot.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #6

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Starting the June thread. It's a new month, time for me to get back on track! How's everyone else doing???
I love your attitude! I hope it's contageous for everyone here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I'm doing better than I was. I actually taped a pic of me around my heaviest to the fridge and on it I drew a bubble in which I say, "MMMM mmmm, go on, eat those carbs, girl..." It helps. :P

Also, today is my last day of coffee. I'm just going to go cold turkey with a little Advil or Tylenol. I'm also getting my teeth whitened tomorrow...so it is pretty much a necessity!
Love the idea! Of course my fridge is so cluttered with papers and pictures I'd never see mine. I need to find somewhere to put it - inside the pantry maybe?

Why quitting the coffee? And why the tylenol or advil (remember advil is an NSAID!) when you quit? Is it the caffeine or the calories you end up drinking IN the coffee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
B - Cocoa coconut coffee protein shake
S - Atkins bar (last one; I am not buying more!)
L - Beef and onions/bell pepers (basically, fajitas)
D - Not sure yet, but I have some pork marinating and some strawberries
I'm trying to imagine coconut coffee. I'm cool with cocoa and coconut AND with cocoa and coffee. It's the coconut and coffee I'm having trouble "picturing". I bet it's good though! Like an almond joy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi. Trying to eat healthy on vacation is challenging. I am doing pretty well. Brought my rtd protein shakes helps alot.
I always have the opposite experience! I do much better when I'm not surrounded by food choices like I am at home. Even if we eat out all the time on vacation, I still do great. It's grazing that's usually my issue, not choices.

I hope you are having an awesome time otherwise!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #7

Poor planning today. I had a long day with an almost 2 hour drive (traffic gridlock) home yesterday and last night was Molly's graduation from beginner dog training (aka "middle school") so I didn't stop long enough to pack up any food for today.

Breakfast was a mint cookie protein drink.

Lunch, if the cafeteria choices suck, will be the same. I'm hoping they have that meatball soup again. Basically it was small meatballs (frozen I'm sure) in a veggie style broth with tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. It'd probably be super easy to reproduce... bag of frozen meatballs, canned tomatoes and a bag of frozen california veggies - and water. I think I'll try it in the crock. Basic, but it was good, low fat and filling. Anyway... if they don't have anything good I'm gonna have more protein lol.

D - no idea!

s - I have apples and an orange I grabbed on the way out of the door this morning.

Tonight - power yoga. And a run with the dog, probably in the evening depending on how hot it is. She did great at the weight pull workshop this Sunday so I'm comfortable bringing her around a crowd of people. I was afraid it would cause her to be too anxious, not afraid that she would be mean or barky or anything. So I'm going to run the 5K this weekend with her. I ordered a handsfree leash on Amazon last night and it should be here tomorrow (I heart Prime!), and we'll try that out. If she doesn't take to it we'll just use her regular leash like I have been using it - wrapped around my arm so it's shortened.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #8

I always have the opposite experience! I do much better when I'm not surrounded by food choices like I am at home. Even if we eat out all the time on vacation, I still do great. It's grazing that's usually my issue, not choices.

I hope you are having an awesome time otherwise!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I guess everyone is different. On vacation my family splurges and has chips, ice cream bread and all kinds of treats that we do not have at home so it is harder for me here. I feel really off and worried about my 6 month wls appt on MONDAY. I feel like a failure and scared.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #9

Quote:
I guess everyone is different. On vacation my family splurges and has chips, ice cream bread and all kinds of treats that we do not have at home so it is harder for me here. I feel really off and worried about my 6 month wls appt on MONDAY. I feel like a failure and scared.
Failure = I've given up and I don't give a flip about losing weight anymore period. What happens, happens. Are you there? Failure = I weigh more than I started because I haven't developed new habits. I have no control over what my body wants. Is that you?

Derailments are normal. Read back - we're all on them! We've all run along beside the wagon for a bit before garnering enough stamina and will to jump right back on at full speed.

FAILURE is making that state of derailment your normal because you just don't really care to change it.

You may not be where you *think* you should be, or you may not be at the magic number that your surgeon *thinks* you should be... but really? There's no formula. There's no "you HAVE to be HERE by THEN or we put a big black X on your chart". If your surgeon presents it that way during your visit, call him out on it! Get a piece of graph paper. Put a dot for your starting weight. Put a dot for your current weight. Does it slope down from left to right? Perfect. You are succeeding. Screw "supposed to" and "need to" and "so and so did". You are individual. You have your own journey, and you will rock it all the way to the finish.

Success is measured in layers and increments. Maybe your vacation was not successful by everyday standards, but compare it to previous vacation standards and it's probably a HUGE difference!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #10

B - SF Chocolate milk / coffee concoction
S - Salt and Pepper Cashews (YUM! I had to put the can on the printer desk to "share" so I don't keep eating them!!!)
L - Salad with Chicken on top
D - Outback Steak house - probably a few bites sirloin (outback special = smaller, sirloin steak which is no longer on the menu, BTW!), couple bites salad, couple bites veggies.
Left overs for lunch tomorrow!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #11

B - mint cookie protein
L - meatball soup - I made it for dinner last night after thinking about it yesterday. I used turkey meatballs, frozen cauliflower/broccoli/carrot blend, canned tomatoes and added some rinsed canned black beans. It was good. Super easy, low cal and filling!
s - about to have an apple w/pb
D - no idea!

Workout today - maybe power yoga. Definitely a run with the dog. The most I've run her is 2.5 miles so I want to try to do 3 with her today to see if she's ready for the 5k Saturday. Last night we did just under 2 and she was fine. It'll be a morning run so she should be fine temp wise.

About the *maybe* power yoga. My daughter graduates Friday night so I need to get the house in order. If I can get enough done I'll go, I probably won't though... not this week. I was going to take off work Friday but now I have to come in for at least the first half due to meetings - they keep adding them on!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #12

2.52 mile run with Molly. It was her longest. Not too shabby. I heart her. <3 Tomorrow if I swing it we'll run a little longer, then rest Friday and run the 5K Saturday morning.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #13

Thanks, Heather, I need to keep your post for future feelings. I wrote down everything I ate and it was pretty revealing. The worst I had was sharing a 100 calorie bag of pop corn with dh. I just felt down yesterday and of course I am my own worse critic.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #14

Nsv: I went to a consignment store here and found a cute denim jacket for $10. I bought it even though it was a size xl and I did not expect it to fit but it does. So I have gone from a 3x to an xl!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Thanks, Heather, I need to keep your post for future feelings. I wrote down everything I ate and it was pretty revealing. The worst I had was sharing a 100 calorie bag of pop corn with dh. I just felt down yesterday and of course I am my own worse critic.
We are all our own worst critics. When you sit and look at facts instead of emotions we often surprise ourselves... of course that goes both ways good and bad too! Before we told ourselves our eating wasn't bad and it was - now it's bad but it's not!

Quote:
Nsv: I went to a consignment store here and found a cute denim jacket for $10. I bought it even though it was a size xl and I did not expect it to fit but it does. So I have gone from a 3x to an xl!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Yay for the jean jacket! I really always wated a jean jacket that was kinda fitted. Soon as I could, I bought 3 - blue, white, and a brick red.

Ok...I tried to add a pic and it didn't let me. Can anyone run me through it quickly? Thanks!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 06-06-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #17

Tiny pic has an option for msg board code. Upload the pic and copy and paste the code into the msg. (Sorry if I'm not supposed to post that!) There's an insert image icon under Go Advanced that lets you add the web url for it.

Also in Go Advanced you can Manage Attachments to add pics from your PC.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #18

B - mint cookie protein - I had an interview this morning that I had to get to. Not my interview, but an officemate candidate. We are hiring a physician support version of what I do.

L - nothing yet, I'm going to leave early today since I have to work a half day tomorrow (tomorrow my baby graduates!!!!)

D - no idea!

Weather is yucky so probably no run. Maybe a short one if it lets up. Molly didn't seem to feel well this morning. She was "talky" and wanted to go out a lot, which is not normal in the AM. Usually she just curls up on the bed and watches me get ready and snoozes. I hope she's alright.

Man, that dog has really got me wrapped around her little paw. I've never really been a dog person, more cat, but I totally heart her.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #19

I hope Molly is better tonight. I miss my pup, Stoli. Today has been a great day--had steak and eggs for breakfast, a protein shake and some cheddar and turkey for lunch. We went out on a boat this afternoon and it was sunny and nice.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:08 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
Yay! This post is useless without pics!
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #21

My baby girl graduates tonight. Today will be a busy day! I was going to take the day off work, but I have to come in for some meetings. I plan to leave asap after they are over. I also have a phone call later this afternoon but that I can take from anywhere.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
My baby girl graduates tonight. Today will be a busy day! I was going to take the day off work, but I have to come in for some meetings. I plan to leave asap after they are over. I also have a phone call later this afternoon but that I can take from anywhere.
Have fun!!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #23

my outback steak house dinner date didn't happen the evening it was supposed to, I had it last night. I love that place... outback special yum. 2-3 meals for me.

yesterday
b- coffee shake
l - about an ounce of fresh pork side and later some fage with blueberries
d - outback steak house outback special (smallest steak) with salad and veggies as sides

today

EXACTLY THE SAME THING lol
Old 06-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Heather and anyone else - what is your opinion on the ingredients this protein powder? The numbers look good to me, but not sure on the protein sources. The GNC guy made me a sample in the store and it was pretty good, not milky and not too sweet.

Amplify Smoothie (strawberry cream)
1 scoop (30 grams):
Calories - 115
Calories from fat - 9
Total fat - 1 gram
Total carbohydrate - 6 grams
Sugars - 3.5 grams
Protein - 20 grams
Ingredients - cold filtered protein blend (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate), blah blah...
Gluten-free, aspartame-free
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #25

Allison--it looks good to me but I'm not that knowledgeable about it. I say if you like it, use it. It is low in calories so I would.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
Heather and anyone else - what is your opinion on the ingredients this protein powder? The numbers look good to me, but not sure on the protein sources. The GNC guy made me a sample in the store and it was pretty good, not milky and not too sweet.

Amplify Smoothie (strawberry cream)
1 scoop (30 grams):
Calories - 115
Calories from fat - 9
Total fat - 1 gram
Total carbohydrate - 6 grams
Sugars - 3.5 grams
Protein - 20 grams
Ingredients - cold filtered protein blend (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate), blah blah...
Gluten-free, aspartame-free
Stats look good, whey is the better choice for protein. Isolate is more readily absorbable than concentrate, but it's got both. Calcium caseinate is just milk protein. Usually ingredients are listed in order of content amount so you know it has more concentrate than isolate and more isolate than CC, but you never know HOW much of each. Looks like added sugar, but not enough to worry about. Calorie to protein ratio is good. Fat is low, carbs are low. So overall it looks pretty good. Price is a little steep for what you are getting, but honestly, I feel if you like it and the stats are good then you are going to drink it - and that justifies the price. What's the point in paying less if it's something you won't drink anyway!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #27

For me personally, 6 carbs for the powder is too much, considering that I like the taste of the zero carb isopure powders... then I can add extras like calorie countdown or soy milk.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #28

So far this morning just a mint cookie protein for breakfast. I ran out of the house so fast that I didn't grab anything for lunch or snack. I do have protein powder, a RTD protein drink in the fridge here, and a protein bar in my purse. I'll check the cafeteria for anything good and use the protein as a back up plan.

Workout - yoga at 7, run with the dog once it cools off probably around 8:30 or 9. I'm about to have to start getting up super early to run with her because of the temps.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #29

It goes against every single thing in my brain, but everyone or everything I read or talk to says I should be eating 2400 calories a day. I don't want to. I can't fathom that without resorting to eating carbs and filler. I just can't, it seems contradictory. But that's what I'm told I need to support muscle growth and burn fat. My surgeon said it a while back. My BodyMedia Fit tells me that every day. And my BF% test told me that too.

Maybe there's something to it, but I can't bring myself to try it!!!! It gives me visions of getting fat again!

B - mint cookie protein
L - cafeteria or something on the run if I need to pick up my son from band camp around then
s - apple w/pb
D - no idea, chicken and veggies probably
s - if I need one

To do:
Run with Molly. We are having to wait until it's late late evening due to the heat. I really need to start getting up early to run, but that hasn't happened yet!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #30

B - started to eat my usual Fage/fruit stuff, but it didn't taste right to me so I dumped it and had a protein. I think I mentioned a while back how food didn't taste good to me lately... wonder what's up with that!

L - canned chicken breast, cottage cheese, pepperoncinis, chickpeas, spinach and snap peas - mixed together like an interesting chicken salad type thing. Filling, fresh and delicious!

s - apple with pb

D - no idea. Maybe grill some chicken.

To do - I'm debating going to acro tonight. I feel "fat" cuz I'm bloated and retaining a few pounds, which makes my tummy look huge (I know that's a relative description, people would still say I was small, but it's my perception!). Anyway, debating skipping because I don't want to be around this person I know I've brought up before in this vulnerable state. Ugh, I hate this person.

Tomorrow - just signed up (literally) for another 5k that runs tomorrow morning. It's small and informal, but it counts. That will make #5 for the year so far in my goal of doing one a month. That almost puts me caught up to June. I'm debating on running Molly with me. It's in the park behind work so it's pet friendly, but it's a 10-15 minute drive from the house. I'll probably bring her, she's good company and honestly pushes me more than I push myself. I feel almost guilty if I slow down to walk when she wants to run and starts pulling me.