Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
My stall has finally broken (thank you , baby jesus). I have stopped buying protein bars. I found some that I really, really, really like, and while I wasn't eating any more than usual (1 every other day or so), I was thinking about them 24/7. "Oh Yeah" crunchy, "caramelly", cookie bars and the new Pure Protein soft-baked (not soft all, deliciously crunchy) Double Chocolate Vanilla Crunch - are pure, delicious, evil and I am pretty good at recognizing my enemies

I am 10 months and 3 days out from surgery. I have met my surgeon's goal. 10 more lbs. to get to my own goal. My BMI now says I'm "normal". Now I need to work on firming some stuff up. I'm going to start yoga (the non-headstanding, non-touching kind ), continue my walking, and work with some hand weights.

Best wishes to Heather, Hot Tamale, and everyone else in the challenge!
I didn't buy protein bars this trip either. I was justifying them too easily and was literally eating them like candy. :/

I almost bought the soft baked the other day too. But decided against it. Sounds like a good decision!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #62

Prepped raw food for the week. Sliced up cucumbers, bell peppers, radishes. Boiled eggs. Have cottage cheese and yogurt aplenty. Prepped for crockpot lentil soup tomorrow. Didn't drink ANY water today. Barely had anything but protein drinks, a sonic green tea and a snapple. Scale is probably going to be up even more due to that - but I'm still keeping my original to make the first goal 148.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #63

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I'll go for a 5-lb increment goal with y'all!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #64

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Okay. 153 today for me. Ack. Ugly ugly ugly. I have some muffin top in my shorts today and that's totally uncomfortable for me. Hating it, but I know it's all food choices lately. Been taking the easy way out and hitting the carbs because they are quicker and easier to get in. I've also been feeding my mind and not my body lately... too much ancillary eating and no consistency.

I've found, through laziness and trial and error, that when I have primarily liquid days it set me up for failure. I've had too MANY days where I had protein for breakfast, lunch and sometimes dinner. Not only does it trigger a "I need real food" binge, but it gets me in the habit of drinking extra liquid calories on days that I do eat real healthy food. I have to limit the days I do that to only days where it's necessary. Today, it was not. I've had two protein drinks so far, and that's just being lazy. Two protein drinks, an apple, a cookie (tossing the rest - the bloat isn't worth it from the SA), 4 or 5 tator tots, and I'm working on a diet green tea from Sonic. Nothing worthwhile, but no reason why it couldn't have been real meals except I was lazy. I'm making a pot of lentil soup for Meatless Monday tomorrow (I do it, the family doesn't). I found a super easy recipe I'm going to try out.

Okay, I'm using your dates, but I'm adjusting the increments. I'm not going in 5 pound increments, but am setting specific goals. For the whole 15# by the last goal date you posted.

First goal: 148 by July 4th.
Second goal: 144 by July 31st
Third goal: 141 by August 21st
Fourth goal: 138 by...? September 21st

Are you in too? You can go by 10# increments or whatever increments you want. I set mine different than 5 pounds. I say we set the goal checkin dates as the ones posted and we decide where we want to be at that time. Same accountability and same time frame - we just use what we know about our own bodies to set it up.

Does anyone else want to jump in?

First goal check in (can we call them that instead of deadline? It sounds more kind lol) is 7/4. That gives us 11 days to get there.
Yes, I am definitely in. Woohoo!!!! This makes me excited. I need goals. Let me get out a calendar and figure out my goals. I will post in a bit.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
My stall has finally broken (thank you , baby jesus). I have stopped buying protein bars. I found some that I really, really, really like, and while I wasn't eating any more than usual (1 every other day or so), I was thinking about them 24/7. "Oh Yeah" crunchy, "caramelly", cookie bars and the new Pure Protein soft-baked (not soft all, deliciously crunchy) Double Chocolate Vanilla Crunch - are pure, delicious, evil and I am pretty good at recognizing my enemies

I am 10 months and 3 days out from surgery. I have met my surgeon's goal. 10 more lbs. to get to my own goal. My BMI now says I'm "normal". Now I need to work on firming some stuff up. I'm going to start yoga (the non-headstanding, non-touching kind ), continue my walking, and work with some hand weights.

Best wishes to Heather, Hot Tamale, and everyone else in the challenge!
Wow, awesome news and congrats Great job on realizing your temptations AND most of all leaving them in the store---that's FANTASTIC.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #66

Public service announcement: don't add Metamucil to your coffee---you end up with coffee sludge.
roflmao
Old 06-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #67

Ok, I have never really set weight loss goals---at least not since wls. This may be a tad lofty but you need to shoot for the moon, right? Current weigh: 218

First goal: 212 by July 4th.
Second goal: 202 by July 31st
Third goal: 194 by August 21st ONDERLAND!!!!
Fourth goal: 181 by September 21st
Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #68

Yesterday I didn't feel well at all, had a mild headache on and off all day and my stomach was totally full and bloated. I was so backed up, it was terrible. I hardly ate anything---couldn't even finish one scrambled egg for breakfast. Tried to push the water but it was hard. Today I think I will make it a very light eating day but have to stress getting in my protein. I'm going to my fav Chinese place for egg drop soup---my comfort food. Can't wait.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I'll go for a 5-lb increment goal with y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Yes, I am definitely in. Woohoo!!!! This makes me excited. I need goals. Let me get out a calendar and figure out my goals. I will post in a bit.
Quote:
Public service announcement: don't add Metamucil to your coffee---you end up with coffee sludge.
roflmao
Yay! And lol on the coffee. Try Benefiber. It's clearless, odorless and tasteless (so they say - I think it has a *tiny* bit of a metallic taste but not too bad. I really only taste it in water.).

Quote:
Ok, I have never really set weight loss goals---at least not since wls. This may be a tad lofty but you need to shoot for the moon, right? Current weigh: 218

First goal: 212 by July 4th.
Second goal: 202 by July 31st
Third goal: 194 by August 21st ONDERLAND!!!!
Fourth goal: 181 by September 21st
Sounds like a plan to me!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Scale is probably going to be up even more due to that - but I'm still keeping my original to make the first goal 148.
So yeah, 154 and change, but my original goal still stands. My legs and feet feel like little sausages.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #71

B - mint cookie protein (brough hb eggs but am teaching this morning and didn't get here early enough to crack and eat them before students get here!).
L - cucumber, radish, onion, bell pepper and spinach with cottage cheese (meatless Monday) and a hb egg if needed.
s - apple or mint cookie
D - lentil soup*, it's in the crockpot yummying up as we speak.

Workouts - quick run on the treadmill then insane cardio class.

*Lentil soup - super easy! Never made it before but it sounds yummy. I doubled the recipe.
1 1/2 cup lentils
1 can tomato juice (I used low sodium tomato sauce and also added low sodium canned diced tomatoes)
1 can veggie (I used the Swanson concentrate packets and a can of water) or chicken stock
1/4 tsp celery salt (I used celery seed because I had it)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp sugar (optional - I omitted)
Old 06-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Okay. Day two! I'm down a pound (almost 1.5) and feeling stronger - I can actually do this and not just fall back into old habits. I need to remember that eating high-protein/low-carb IS my habit!! I may or may not walk this evening. Walking in Florida in late June has very few enticing qualities... If I don't I will be up bright and early to make up for it tomorrow!

Congrats on everyone jumping on board and doing this! Strength in numbers!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Okay. Day two! I'm down a pound (almost 1.5) and feeling stronger - I can actually do this and not just fall back into old habits. I need to remember that eating high-protein/low-carb IS my habit!! I may or may not walk this evening. Walking in Florida in late June has very few enticing qualities... If I don't I will be up bright and early to make up for it tomorrow!

Congrats on everyone jumping on board and doing this! Strength in numbers!!
Strong start!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #74
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks! So far today:

2 scoops mint cookie
1 scoop peach
8 large shrimp with cocktail sauce
about 1/2 cup cooked mushrooms with a little butter
water and one cup of coffee and one 1/2 and 1/2 tea

Heading out for a walk/jog now...I'm really not feeling it, but sometimes you just have to force yourself!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #75

B - Coffee, SF white chocolate powder, protein shake
S - Mixed fresh berries
L - Beef
S - Almonds
D - Dunno, probably more beef, or half an artichoke and a "iced vanilla chai tea latte" (vanilla protein and iced chai)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay - I need to write this in a post so I don't forget...

6/23 = 195.6
6/24 = 194.2
6/25 = 192.9

I am now VERY happy I went walking/jogging last night! lol I ended up having a few sf popsicles and a greek yogurt last night also, but also lots more water than I have been drinking - I will say I think that is making a great difference.

Today (so far):

1 cup coffee with cream and equal
1 scoop mint cookie
water!
(and planned for today):
I may have some frozen yogurt cause I love it, but if I do it will be small, the NSA type, and only fresh fruit for a topping (no CANDY like I had been doing...)
a scoop of my peach protein
8 large shrimp with some cocktail sauce
a greek yogurt
LOTS of WATER!

I think I will try to keep it to that (no more sf fudgicles...I can't stop at one - and the fro yo replaces it anyway...).

I'm really happy with my progress; obviously it looks like I'm doing something right.

In other news, I am also sorting through my closet contents...which includes crates of my "memory" stuff - saw my 4th grade school pics yesterday, as well as tons of pics as my kids as babies. Slow work, but necessary - and it keeps me busy so I don't eat!

How's everyone?
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #77

Good morning. I don't usually weigh everyday but was just curious and I'm down a pound. Plus NSV: my panties were falling off of me all day yesterday so they went in the trash this morning. roflmao
Old 06-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #78

HT--great job. You are rocking it. KUTGW
Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #79
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Good morning. I don't usually weigh everyday but was just curious and I'm down a pound. Plus NSV: my panties were falling off of me all day yesterday so they went in the trash this morning. roflmao
LOL What a great NSV! Every pound - or even part of a pound - is progress!

I got away from weighing - which is a red flag that I'm most likely messing up. I really thought I gained weight while I was away because I was eating some of everything (Indian food with rice, s'mores, bread, candy...etc...), but now, in retrospect, I think I was just eating stuff that made me feel bad and bloated. I did have a protein shake almost every morning (which stopped me from eating not-so-great food for at least the first few hours of each day), I did exercise in some way almost every day, and I think I ended up carb-loading so it has kinda jump-started losing weight again. Whatever it is, I will take it!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #80

Teaching all day today so I wasn't able to pop in.

B - mint cookie protein
L - chicken breast with hb egg, raw bell pepper, radish and cucumber topped with a squeeze of lemon juice.
s - apple or mint cookie protein
D - no idea, leftover lentil soup maybe?

Workout - power yoga, run
Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #81

154 and change yesterday. Today 153 even.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #82

Quote:
Okay - I need to write this in a post so I don't forget...

6/23 = 195.6
6/24 = 194.2
6/25 = 192.9

I'm really happy with my progress; obviously it looks like I'm doing something right.

In other news, I am also sorting through my closet contents...which includes crates of my "memory" stuff - saw my 4th grade school pics yesterday, as well as tons of pics as my kids as babies. Slow work, but necessary - and it keeps me busy so I don't eat!

How's everyone?
Old 06-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #83

B - Hazelnut coffee protein shake (SF of course)
S - Sausage patty with cheese
L - Beef
D - SF Vanilla Chai Latte and asparagus with mayo
Old 06-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #84
Blabbermouth!!!

I did ok today, but my doc told me to eat more vitamin K today (in preparation for a little in-office surgery @ my plastics doc on friday) - so I made some broccoli - and cheese sauce... My stomach has been gurgling ever since - I think it was too much fat. Live and learn. I could have had the broccoli without the sauce - but it sounded sooo good to me. I didn't have the peach protein or the greek yogurt. Hopefully the calories weren't too off. Was going to walk tonight but there was lightning and some rain, so I had to put it off. I am planning to go in the morning.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
B - Hazelnut coffee protein shake (SF of course)
S - Sausage patty with cheese
L - Beef
D - SF Vanilla Chai Latte and asparagus with mayo
Mary, are you getting enough protein?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #86

Quote:
Mary, are you getting enough protein?
The average person needs about 60g or half their ideal body weight. The more they work out the more their body needs. The protein drink probably has at least 30g. Sausage/cheese and beef will have *at least* 15g/meal (7g per ounce of meat) so that's the minimum right there.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

I have to admit, I wish I could eat like you do, Mary! It seems like so little food! How many grams of protein are you supposed to have? My nutritionist suggests I still shoot for 80 - which I usually easily hit.

My weight stayed the same today...which I suspected might happen after my cheese sauce calorie fest! I will NOT make more cheese sauce today! I already got up and walked/jogged about 2 miles. Here's my eating plan for today:

WATER
1 cup coffee with cream & equal
1 scoop mint cookie with 1% milk & ice
8 large shrimp with cocktail sauce
about 2 cups broccoli with a little butter throughout the afternoon
another scoop of protein - probably peach with water
a key lime greek yogurt later in the evening
MORE WATER!!

How's everyone doing?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #88

Quote:
I have to admit, I wish I could eat like you do, Mary! It seems like so little food! How many grams of protein are you supposed to have? My nutritionist suggests I still shoot for 80 - which I usually easily hit.
My labs dictate what I need. If I don't consistently get over 100g my levels drop.

I don't know how I feel about eating so little calories anymore (for me, not y'all!). Everyone I consult, everything I read - all the research tells me to eat what your body needs minus around 300 calories to lose. Both testing and my BodyMedia Fit tell me my number is 2400 to maintain so that's 2100 to lose. They also say super low calories set me up to hold or gain weight because of my activity level. It's so BACKWARDS from what has been banged into my brain previously. It's because I've crossed over from sedentary where I burned NOTHING to being athletic where I burn like crazy. Before I would only burn 1200-1500 a day...

So I've decided it's not how much I eat, but WHAT I'm eating. I'm going to explore clean eating and gluten and possibly dairy free. With my gas and bloating issues it can't hurt.

B - mint cookie protein
L - no plan, I'll have to stop between locations. I'm in Dallas today working and training.
s - apple or mint cookie, depends on lunch.
D - no idea. Need to make some more chicken breasts for lunches.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #89

Workout - yoga then run.

Weight the same - 153 again. Still a sausage.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

If I could eat like Mary & exercise like Heather I'd have been at my goal a LONGGGG time ago!

I have trouble with thinking I can/should eat more, also. I think my problem is, when I do eat more, I tend to go overboard on poor choices. Also, I find the more I eat the more I WANT to eat...which is bad for me.

I also know that fudgicles - even sf ones, are made by the devil. I just can't stop at one. Or two. Or usually three! I won't buy any more for a while!