Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #1

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
WLS Wagon - June 2013

Dude, it's June! The year is almost half way over... Did anyone make New Year's Resolutions? If so, how's that going??
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hmmm - I should be better about writing things like that down... As far as a June goal, I will say for me to get back down to 189 as a short-term goal. I have really been more careful with my food - especially carbs, but I haven't been on the scale in about a week. That alone is a red flag to me - that I know I'm doing bad stuff... Here's to 189 or below by 6/30!
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
No, I'm not really a New Years Resolution kind of person. My resolve is ongoing to lose this weight. I have absolutely strayed! But overall, since surgery on 2/11 my weight has gone down. Slowly. I don't know how long it will take me to get to my goal weight, but I will get there! I started induction in late March and by late May I was only down 10 lbs. At a rate of 5lbs per month, it will take me another 8 months to reach goal. But I imagine I won't lose 5lbs every month. Some months will likely be a lot less. Maybe this time next year? *fingers x'd*
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #4

I'm basically in the same place I was in January, except better healed from surgery. Sigh. No matter, I am still saying that I want to try to see if I can be in a size 8 by the end of the year.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I need to check back to find the January thread! I think we talked about them there. I honestly cannot remember - which isn't a good sign, right?

Look at my pretty girl Molly from her graduation last night. She even had to take a "final" where she walked around the store and did all the things she had learned... sit, down, come, watch me, leave it, heel, etc... in various "real life" situations. She got a diploma and a squeaky toy (which she murdered last night).

myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #6

Here's the dog leash I ordered to run with her for anyone that might be looking for one too... I get it tomorrow (so says shipping) so I'll let y'all know how it works! I ordered it in black. The leash part clips on the included belt (I'll probably clip it on my SPIbelt and is a bungee type cord wrapped in nylon leash material to absorb the shock of pulling or stopping abruptly. Molly doesn't really pull when we run, as long as I'm keeping her going fast enough, but she does get distracted by stuff on the side of the road - especially on trash day!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Dude, it's June! The year is almost half way over... Did anyone make New Year's Resolutions? If so, how's that going??
I bumped the January thread so we could all go look ours up. I posted one day about how I needed to think about my intentions for the year, then I disappeared for about 2 weeks lol and never posted any! OOPS!

Musta been a bad coupla weeks eating-wise...?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #8

Heather, I totally know where you did puppy training! lol I went there too. We did puppy and intermediate... I want to take her back for advanced now that she's more mature.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #9

Molly just finished beginner. She already knew puppy so we skipped. Next is intermediate so we'll do that. I can't help but giggle at her pics. Did intermediate go well for y'all?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #10

Huh they must have changed something... when I went two years ago puppy and beginner were combined. Maybe the non-puppy owners (older more mature dogs) complained lol

Intermediate was good... advanced is much harder for young energetic dogs because they have to stay sitting for three minutes. That is why I waited.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #11

Lol sitting for 3 minutes - unheard of!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I don't have a dog anymore (lost him in a breakup a long time ago) but he was so food motivated he would sit for an hour if he saw a treat waiting for him (and he was a wire-haired terrier). I could so relate to that dog at the time =)
Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
I don't have a dog anymore (lost him in a breakup a long time ago) but he was so food motivated he would sit for an hour if he saw a treat waiting for him (and he was a wire-haired terrier). I could so relate to that dog at the time =)
THIS is how I got her to sit still while I painted her nails pretty pink and glittery yesterday. With treats.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
THIS is how I got her to sit still while I painted her nails pretty pink and glittery yesterday. With treats.
omg how cute is that?!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #15

My new leash came today! I heart prime 2 day shipping! How odd it feels to say I can't wait to go out and run with it!
Old 06-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Molly is putting me to shame both in her scholastic achievements (I have procrastinated and now have **14**, yes, !14! essays to write this weekend in advance of a Monday deadline) and her exercise regimen. <deeply ashamed> I may need to hire her as a Life Coach!

Heather is my idol. I have even referred to her as "my friend who had the same surgery as I did" in discussions with friends. I have been pretty good about getting in at least 3 miles of brisk walking each day, even when I'm traveling for work. Actually, especially when I'm on the road - it's a good way to decompress at the end of the work day. However, I need to start putting exercise first and not letting other things like homework (I'm trying to wrap up a bachelor's degree by the end of the year), housework, and pleasure shopping (ie: fun stuff, non-grocery) take precedence. Taking an hour or so to exercise will pay off more than having clean floors - and I manage to stay up an hour or so later to get toilets cleaned, but do I stay up late to exercise? Never.

I am ecstatic about my progress to date. I've hit another stall, but I'm plugging away with protein and my vitamins, and know it will pass. I see my surgeon and PCP both at the end of this month. My surgeon has challenged me to be at goal (he set this at 150) by that visit. I hope to be there before my appointment - and then get to my personal goal of 140.

Now for even more obnoxious self-promotion; today, I am wearing a fabulous pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans in a size 8. I suspect they are slightly vanity sized, as all of my other pants are 10's. I am trying not to focus on the number on the label and focus on how I look and feel in clothes. Years of being constrained by the limited choices available in plus-sizes really did a number on me. I can remember being grateful that I could actually find 1 top to buy that fit. They are really, really, long so I am wearing a pair of boots with a chunky 3-inch heel (and the hem still touches the floor). I look like I have long legs. I never would have considered clothes like this before - if they weren't black and allowed me to blend into the background, I wasn't interested. I almost cried when I looked in the mirror (I spend a lot of time admiring myself in the mirror - I am unashamedly so totally full of myself) - I never thought I would "pass for normal" in this life time. In the past week I have bought 5 dresses, dirt cheap at Burlington, $90 total. I haven't owned a dress since Jr. High School. 2 of them are Calvin Klein's that I got for $15 and $35 respectively. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Burlington Coat Factory, check them out if you haven't already. You have to sort through the racks, but I think that is part of the fun.

Thanks for letting me get that out, even if you just scrolled past this
Old 06-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
My pugs will do anything for treats. They would be great search and rescue dogs if the rescue-ee had a milkbone or piece of cheese in their pocket!
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
My pugs will do anything for treats. They would be great search and rescue dogs if the rescue-ee had a milkbone or piece of cheese in their pocket!
OMG yes lol. I think I'm going to just start carrying those around in my pockets with all the weather weirdness lately too.

She'll pretty much do anything for a special. I just bought a doggie seatbelt harness and she sat so still and pretty while I tried it on her and adjusted it. Then she got her duck jerky.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
Molly is putting me to shame both in her scholastic achievements (I have procrastinated and now have **14**, yes, !14! essays to write this weekend in advance of a Monday deadline) and her exercise regimen. <deeply ashamed> I may need to hire her as a Life Coach!

Heather is my idol. I have even referred to her as "my friend who had the same surgery as I did" in discussions with friends. I have been pretty good about getting in at least 3 miles of brisk walking each day, even when I'm traveling for work. Actually, especially when I'm on the road - it's a good way to decompress at the end of the work day. However, I need to start putting exercise first and not letting other things like homework (I'm trying to wrap up a bachelor's degree by the end of the year), housework, and pleasure shopping (ie: fun stuff, non-grocery) take precedence. Taking an hour or so to exercise will pay off more than having clean floors - and I manage to stay up an hour or so later to get toilets cleaned, but do I stay up late to exercise? Never.

I am ecstatic about my progress to date. I've hit another stall, but I'm plugging away with protein and my vitamins, and know it will pass. I see my surgeon and PCP both at the end of this month. My surgeon has challenged me to be at goal (he set this at 150) by that visit. I hope to be there before my appointment - and then get to my personal goal of 140.

Now for even more obnoxious self-promotion; today, I am wearing a fabulous pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans in a size 8. I suspect they are slightly vanity sized, as all of my other pants are 10's. I am trying not to focus on the number on the label and focus on how I look and feel in clothes. Years of being constrained by the limited choices available in plus-sizes really did a number on me. I can remember being grateful that I could actually find 1 top to buy that fit. They are really, really, long so I am wearing a pair of boots with a chunky 3-inch heel (and the hem still touches the floor). I look like I have long legs. I never would have considered clothes like this before - if they weren't black and allowed me to blend into the background, I wasn't interested. I almost cried when I looked in the mirror (I spend a lot of time admiring myself in the mirror - I am unashamedly so totally full of myself) - I never thought I would "pass for normal" in this life time. In the past week I have bought 5 dresses, dirt cheap at Burlington, $90 total. I haven't owned a dress since Jr. High School. 2 of them are Calvin Klein's that I got for $15 and $35 respectively. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Burlington Coat Factory, check them out if you haven't already. You have to sort through the racks, but I think that is part of the fun.

Thanks for letting me get that out, even if you just scrolled past this
I get this totally. My husband is the kind of guy who likes his clothes old and worn. He hates having to buy new stuff. I was trying to explain to him today how much pleasure being able to buy pretty clothes brings me. Putting it in food terms, I was living in a clothes famine and now the worldsis a clothes buffet

So my big clothes adventure today~ I needed a rain coat with a hood to bring to Italy (did I mention I leave in one week ) I thought I would try Goodwill. So I'm digging through the men's rack thinking I'll have the best luck there ~ I don't really care what it looks like it's just for in case it rains and all I really care about is will it help keep me dry. I see a Land's End XL. I think why not, try it on. It zipped, but it was snug I think what the heck, how can a men's xl be snug? I take it off an look at it carefully, and it says 18/20 XL and that's when I realize I am trying on a kids jacket. And it fit well enough that I bought it. Oh happy day!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I get this totally. My husband is the kind of guy who likes his clothes old and worn. He hates having to buy new stuff. I was trying to explain to him today how much pleasure being able to buy pretty clothes brings me. Putting it in food terms, I was living in a clothes famine and now the worldsis a clothes buffet

So my big clothes adventure today~ I needed a rain coat with a hood to bring to Italy (did I mention I leave in one week ) I thought I would try Goodwill. So I'm digging through the men's rack thinking I'll have the best luck there ~ I don't really care what it looks like it's just for in case it rains and all I really care about is will it help keep me dry. I see a Land's End XL. I think why not, try it on. It zipped, but it was snug I think what the heck, how can a men's xl be snug? I take it off an look at it carefully, and it says 18/20 XL and that's when I realize I am trying on a kids jacket. And it fit well enough that I bought it. Oh happy day!
My hubby would gladly live in jean shorts and old concert t-shirts! He also has a job where he can wear that to work everyday, so he's doesn't get the clothes thing, either

Have a great time in Italy! .....and I hope it rains at least once so you can rock your kid's-size rain coat!
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quick update on me, today marks 7 months since my vertical sleeve gastrectomy. Yesterday I stepped on the scale and saw that I'm down 100.1 pounds since surgery day So happy! Here's a before and after. The before pic is actually the day after my surgery with my surgeon and surgery coordinator (I had surgery in Mexico). The after pick was on mother's day so about 10 pounds ago but I still look the same I've been going to the gym, lifting weights, pushing protein and trying to keep the calories around 600. 50 more pounds to go!

Old 06-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #22

Everytime I see that picture of you in the flowered dress I can't help but think how good it looks on you!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #23

Molly's big day was this morning! Beware - proud dog mommy pics!!

Here she is waiting to go. See her flipped ear, she's very interested in everything that's going on.

Here she is all done. She did all 3.1 miles, her longest run yet by 6/10 of a mile!!!! She's so happy and smiley!

Here she is ordering Starbucks with Mommy. Venti skinny decaf cinnamon dolce latte - iced today of course!

And here she is passed out in the car almost home!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #24

And last night my baby girl graduated high school

She's the most beautiful wonderful best thing that ever happened to me...
Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #25

Omg lol sorry that pic was so huge. I just copied the image link from my mom's FB post!
Old 06-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #26

Your daughter is lovely and you look alike... you look spectacular in that picture, too!
Old 06-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #27

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Congrats to your daughter and you, Heather.

Well, we came home yesterday. I did a lot of things right on vacation but I did some things wrong too. It's a learning process.

I did brave the scale today and ended up with a 2 pound loss which shocked me. I thought I had gained from too many snacks and stuff. I think next vacation I will do better. I will write down everything I eat so I can be more aware, more accountable and learn more.

Last edited by chewiegand; 06-09-2013 at 08:20 AM..
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #28

Blah. Good weekend, but crummy weekend food wise. Well, not really really, but I didn't drink enough water and woke up with a headache (rare!) so I know I'm dehydrated. Blah. Dehydrated but retaining water - what a great combo! I'm about 5 pounds up again, yup that quick. I feel all puffy so it's a water push today. Took some tylenol and hope that and the water helps.

B - mint cookie protein
L - forgot to pack some so it'll be whatever the cafeteria has and if nothing good then mint cookie protein
s - apple w/pb probably
D - no idea!

Not sure what's going on but NOTHING tastes right to me lately. My favorite apples don't taste good, pb tastes weird, protein bars taste funny... so I eat something and it doesn't resonate with me so I toss the rest and have something else... over and over again. Tossed two apples and two pears this weekend. Even my precious Ranier cherries didn't taste as usually delicious to me either (but I ate them because at $6/lb they aren't getting tossed!).

Workout - Insane cardio class at the gym. Run with Molly this evening. It's getting too hot to run her after work so we might need to start getting up early for runs. Or do them super late at night...
Old 06-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #29

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I had my 6 month wls appt. Down 82 lbs. They were happy and told me to keep doing what I've been doing. I got a B12 shot and they drew blood too. I go back at 9 months in Sept.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:52 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Hey ladies, just checking in. I'll be 38 wks tomorrow and the nausea/vomiting came back full force in the third trimester. SUPER YUCK. So I have done nothing but lose weight this pregnancy. My mom also was sick during her girl pregnancies so I guess it's a hormonal and genetic thing. It sucks and I long to have an appetite again. And hold my baby girl of course! We're planning another water birth at home like my last one. It was peaceful and relaxing, totally different experience than my hospital births. I'm looking forward to it, lots of contractions already. I'm gonna let her pick her own birthday though!
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote