LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I noticed I stack a lot of my eating LATE in the evenings... so I just changed my food log to read time frames instead of meals. So I have:

0600-0900
0900-1200
1200-1500
1500-1800
1800-2100
2100- Bed (I think *THIS* is going to be my trouble time, this one and the one before probably bleed into each other)

Has anyone else noticed they have any patterns like this?
Yep.... I totally agree with you.

I find that 3pm - 9pm are my trouble spots
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #92
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Nights are hardest for me, too. I am purposely having a greek yogurt then because it does seem to fill me up - at least for a while. Around 10PM I just start looking for something...at least planning for it helps me make a better choice than, say, as many peanuts I can cram in my pie hole!
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Afternoons are hardest for me. Dh works till at least 7:30 most nights so my dinner is late. I usually have a protein type snack about 4 and if I need something else, I just have a sf iced coffee or iced tea. I push water as much as humanly possible. I usually get in about 100 ounces or more of water.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:01 AM   #94

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
This is from Bariatric Foodie, posted on fb:
FOODIES: Some inspiration for this morning. Many of us feel like we have surgery to "become" what we want to be. The truth is, that person is already in there. Your task is simply to find that person. It's not an easy task, but luckily they've left you little clues to where they are along your path. Pay attention to things you respond extremely negatively or positively to. Those are clues to the type of person that waits underneath all those layers. Just remember to excavate carefully. That person is precious and important and the world needs them!
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

I really agree with what you posted. For me, I didn't change who I am on the inside - I am the same person I always was...just now, I can walk with my head high. I am no longer embarassed about my size (usually). I am not trying to "blend in" and be somewhat invisible in social situations. I also don't "back down" about certain things. It was as if, through losing my weight, the outer shell eroded to expose the yummy insides!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #96

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
This is from Bariatric Foodie, posted on fb:
FOODIES: Some inspiration for this morning. Many of us feel like we have surgery to "become" what we want to be. The truth is, that person is already in there. Your task is simply to find that person. It's not an easy task, but luckily they've left you little clues to where they are along your path. Pay attention to things you respond extremely negatively or positively to. Those are clues to the type of person that waits underneath all those layers. Just remember to excavate carefully. That person is precious and important and the world needs them!
Nik has some pretty good thoughts. She posts a lot of stuff like this on her regular FB page too. Thought provoking.

I used to avoid and hide. I wouldn't speak up or call attention to myself. I was afraid to succeed or put myself out there - not because I would fail, but because I would become visible.

That's hard to overcome, and I have days where I still want to be in the background - but that's no longer my normal. I haven't CHANGED, despite what people tend to think, I'm just not hiding anymore.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
I've never been shy professionally. I'm actually quite assertive when it comes to my work, because I know that I'm good at it and I know what I'm talking about and I will challenge you if I know you're taking a less effective course. I don't do it to shine, I just want things done the best, most efficient way.

But outside of work I am completely the opposite. I say that I wear my "cloaking device". And it is so effective, people trip over me they don't see me so well. Literally. I'm an expert wall flower. It's a craft really, I've been honing that skill in my personal life since childhood.

No matter what size I have been, I have never wanted to be in the spotlight. I don't like being the center of attention. I don't like crowds. Have you done those personality tests? I am an EXTREME introvert, I maxed out the introvert score. I don't think it has anything to do with my weight.

The only thing losing this weight is changing for me is 1- my health 2- my endurance 3- comfort in my own skin. I just want to be comfortable living in this body.

The extra weight is exhausting to drag up and down mountains.
I hate the way my thighs stick together and sweat in the heat.
I hate that being fat has made me infertile.
I want to be able to wear a dress without having to wear those slip-shorts under to keep my thighs from chaffing.
I am an excellent swimmer. I want to be able to put on a bathing suit and swim without worrying about who might see or be offended by me. I haven't been swimming in... 20 years??
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #98

Let's see what happens when I actually go to bed/sleep before 1 am...? I've read sleep is related to weight. I'm always staying up way later than I need to and running on 4-5 hours of sleep.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #99

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Let's see what happens when I actually go to bed/sleep before 1 am...? I've read sleep is related to weight. I'm always staying up way later than I need to and running on 4-5 hours of sleep.
Interesting timing... you are the fourth person around me to mention this within a week!!!! Is someone trying to tell me something?!?!?! lol
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Quote:
I need to get better sleep myself. Seriously. It's obscene.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm guilty, too. I did get more sleep on my vacation and came home to only gaining a pound or so... Makes me think the sleeping helped.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #102

I'm always reading or catching up on recorded shows (or BOTH) until all hours of the night. Sometimes it's even 2am... especially if it's a really good book.

Last night I ended up falling asleep around 1130, would have been a little bit earlier but my daughter came home at 1120ish and I snapped back awake from nodding off. (I don't think she's come home before 2am in a LONG time so I was shocked!)

AND... I actually rolled out of bed at 6am to run with Molly. Just shy of 2 miles (1.95) in 21 minutes. Not too shabby lol.

Weight is the same. I still feel puffy, I had to BioFreeze my knees this morning too after the shower. They ache. I need to get some of this fluid off.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
I am so far off the wagon it isn't even funny. My weight is still right where I want it to be but I eat whatever I want just in smaller portions

At work we get a treat everyday we go without a guest complaint. We have had pizza, ice cream, candy, cake, cupcakes, ice cream, donuts, chips and salsa, mozzerella sticks ....you get the idea and we are on day 26. They do it twice a day once for the day shift and once for the night folks. So a lot of days I get it twice.

I have to stop!

I have cleaned out my pantry and am on a huge mission to get my family off the garbage. My girls have been gone to camp this week and come home tonight. I made a menu up and $500 later my fridge and cabinets are stocked. No junk is in my house. Wish me luck because they are not going to be happy.

Also, we leave for Hawaii on July 13th for two weeks when we come back I have made up my mind I am going to start going to the gym. I want to work on toning and see what I can do about filling out some of this loose skin before I decide on plastic surgery. I am really happy with my weight and I am a size 12 so I am hoping to build some muscle.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 06-28-2013 at 11:55 AM..
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I am so far off the wagon it isn't even funny. My weight is still right where I want it to be but I eat whatever I want just in smaller portions

At work we get a treat everyday we go without a guest complaint. We have had pizza, ice cream, candy, cake, cupcakes, ice cream, donuts, chips and salsa, mozzerella sticks ....you get the idea and we are on day 26. They do it twice a day once for the day shift and once for the night folks. So a lot of days I get it twice.

I have to stop!

I have cleaned out my pantry and am on a huge mission to get my family off the garbage. My girls have been gone to camp this week and come home tonight. I made a menu up and $500 later my fridge and cabinets are stocked. No junk is in my house. Wish me luck because they are not going to be happy.

Also, we leave for Hawaii on July 13th for two weeks when we come back I have made up my mind I am going to start going to the gym. I want to work on toning and see what I can do about filling out some of this loose skin before I decide on plastic surgery. I am really happy with my weight and I am a size 12 so I am hoping to build some muscle.
Good for you for nipping this is the bud right now. You said you eat what you want, just in smaller portions. You can ask any of us - that's where we started our little slippery slope. You have a good attitude about it.

Strength training is a great idea. And I've said it a million billion times but yoga is awesome for building muscle. Yes, even the easy stuff! It's plyometric, so you can do it anywhere too.

I'm jealous about Hawaii. I would love to veg out and run on the beach!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! Two weeks! I have to admit, I was jealous just hearing about the $500 stocking of your house, let alone the vacation! lol You have the right idea with stopping it now! I made it a habit to just not take anything offered at work except the occasional lunch which I only take low-carb things. Maybe if you just thought of it as off-limits or not for you it would be easier... I plan to work on strength training more in the next few months, too. Even with all my plastic surgeries my upper thighs are a jiggly, bubbly mess. Weights - or yoga (?) could help...
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
I was out of so much stuff. It adds up fast!

I have done nothing bit cook all day breakfast, snack and I have to go to work so I made dinner and they can warm it up. I have run my dishwasher three times lol.

So far the family has been okay with what I have made overall not bad for a first day of lifestyle changes.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
We have a similar problem at work except it's usually because the admin staff over-caters for all the meetings that take place in the corporate offices where I work. So they put all the extra junk in the breakroom for staff to eat. It used to be REALLY hard to pass up (because they over-cater REALLY yummy stuff!) but now that I've gone organic, not only do I say no to carbs, I say not to GMO\non-organic! For some reason that makes it a LOT easier for me to say no. I look at it like it's poison and look at the people eating it like YOU ARE GONNA DIIIEEEE!!!!! haha Evil, right?

oh yah, down 3lbs from last Sunday (where I was up 1lb from either eating 2 bananas to combat leg cramps or due to TOM, not sure which). I'm now just 2lbs away from my mini-goal of 165 which SHOULD catapult me into those size 12 pants I've been dreaming about. We will see!

Last edited by cmcd1070; 06-30-2013 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: forgot to give weight update
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

hey cmcd - great that you can say no. Whatever works for you! I purposely don't frequent my lunch area, eating in my own area with a friend who also tries to watch what she eats. Not only do we not need to drool over what might be there, but we don't get involved in lots of workplace gossip...

I haven't weighed in a few days. I am swollen and puffy from Friday, so I'm giving it all a chance to work its way out.

Happy Sunday, Everyone!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #109

Looks like our June wagon slowed down so much we all started to hop off.

Let's try again in July....

Come join us!