Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #61

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I feel fat a few weeks ago I had a dream that I weighed myself and I was back up to around 225lb!!!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Oh geeze, Mary, now I feel fat as I'm 223. JK
chewiegand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #63

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Perspective. You're on the way down - that's not feeling fat - that's feeling fine. It's when it goes up you start getting those feelings again.

I feel fat today. I ran a 5k with Molls and the scale tells me I'm pushing 150 - and yes I feel fat. Because 150 is up. Up sucks!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
I am hovering at 155, for weeks now. I've tried mixing things up, but need to just wait it out. I have not been good at my vitamins (and then wonder why I'm stalling...) so I ordered the "31 Day Vitamin Organizer" from Amazon. I think it will help not having 3 vitamin organizers to work from.

We're visiting friends tonight, and the wife is a yoga instructor. I'm going to ask her about classes, but I don't want to stand on my head or touch other people , so we'll see what she has to say.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
I am hovering at 155, for weeks now. I've tried mixing things up, but need to just wait it out. I have not been good at my vitamins (and then wonder why I'm stalling...) so I ordered the "31 Day Vitamin Organizer" from Amazon. I think it will help not having 3 vitamin organizers to work from.

We're visiting friends tonight, and the wife is a yoga instructor. I'm going to ask her about classes, but I don't want to stand on my head or touch other people , so we'll see what she has to say.
You don't have to do either in a regular vinyasa flow class. If you get into acro or partner classes then you touch. Inversions are a personal choice as well!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
I went for a 4 hour hike in the mountains today, it was a new trail. It was SO beautiful! I LOVED it, we're doing it again tomorrow!

I took a shower when we got home and I could swear my "saddle bags" are getting smaller. Oh I hope I hope I hope!!
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #67

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
220 was my goal when I was 355lb

It's exactly what Heather said... it's not that weight I was afraid of, it's the "going back".

And the feeling fat... I dunno what it is... my pants still fit maybe it's becuase I moved to Irvine (not just OC, but REALLY OC) lol
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
199.5, woo woo! So nice to not see a 2 in front of that number!

I'm about 5'6", technically I should say 5'5 1/2 because I shrank a bit. I can wear size 0X yoga pants, but I still have trouble with certain jeans or types of bottoms, my hips are pretty large compared to my waist so dressing is a bother. I hate having clothing that doesn't fit properly so I'm pretty much living in yoga pants right now, plus it just makes sense financially rather than buy jeans that don't fit right in a month, at least with yoga pants I can just tie the strings tighter. In my tops I'm fitting into regular L and XL tops, I bought a bunch of cheap Old Navy vintage tees because they were under 10$, so those will last me a while. My arms are a real disaster zone with big flippers so ugh.

But feel great about the gym, the manager there uses me as an inspiration story for those signing up, whenever there are new members visiting the gym and i'm working out he has them come over and asks me how much weight i've lost and about my experiences there. Hah, it's flattering They know that I'm working very hard! My lifts are all increasing nicely, especially anything having to do with my legs, those lifts are advancing about twice as fast as the upper body strength, which is still fairly weak but that's normal. Things are going great for me!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #69

Yahoo, Julie, great job. Onederland is still a ways away for me but I'll get there too. Congrats.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #70

Weigh in, 2 weeks into the second half of my first year, so 6 months and 2 weeks---down another 5 pounds for a total of 87!!!!! Woohoo.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
199.5, woo woo! So nice to not see a 2 in front of that number!

My arms are a real disaster zone with big flippers so ugh.

My lifts are all increasing nicely, especially anything having to do with my legs, those lifts are advancing about twice as fast as the upper body strength, which is still fairly weak but that's normal.
WTG on the milestone! One of many more to come!!!

You have all them yoga pants - why not go to lots of yoga!!!!?!!!! It's killer for the upper body strength, especially the power classes. It's been great for my shoulders and arms!
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I did look into yoga but I'm on foot and I couldn't find any good walkable classes nearby. I'll check again in the fall, I have the kids home during the summer so that complicates things a bit, at least at the gym they have a little kid room but the yoga studios that I did see that were further out were just basically one room with no daycare. I am still considering karate though since the dojo is close, but for right now with summer here I think i'll stick with just the gym and get my exercise in with all the walking and running around after the kids I'll be doing!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #73

I've been having a heck of a time with gas and bloating lately - *any* time I eat the past couple of days. And yesterday and the night before getting nauseous with meals. Today I'm pushing fluids. Breakfast was a protein drink, lunch was a protein drink. Dinner... not sure. Something light. Hubby's at a Ranger's game, one kid is at camp and the other is *never* home... so it'll just be me.

So, I'm going to work on getting back to way basics. Not sure what's going on, it doesn't matter what I eat it's happening. I think I just need to get back under control again. Ugh. Reset my body and then just eat whole clean foods again.

I had a mishap with some nsa oatmeal raisin cookies that were on clearance at Walmart. The remainder of them were soaked in water and tossed down the disposal. Those who have been around a while here know I have an unpleasant relationship with those damn (delicious) things. They're gone. But I did some damage to them (and myself) first.

Scale was unpleasant to me this morning. I'm going up down up down up down in big wide swings. Not my usual 5 pound range, this one is 10 pounds up or down in the matter of a few days... it's all hydration, constipation, diet related. Probably a few pounds of actual gain and the rest is water. If I can knock through that I can be okay. Clothes still fit fine. I have the bloated belly so *that's* unsightly (to me at least).

People tell me all the time I'm looking skinnier every time they see me. However *I* know the scale is a few pounds up from where it was in February. I think they're full of crap, but maybe it's me that's full of crap - self image and perception.

Maybe I should just stop giving the scale so much cred. I'm going to take measurements weekly and see what those do. Anyone want to join me in that? Not saying I won't still weigh, but I won't hold as much weight to it as I usually do. Muscle and fat are two different things... a pound of muscle takes up less space than the same pound of fat.

I'm going to measure:

Under bust
Abdomen
Hips
Biceps
Thighs
Calves

What else am I missing?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I did look into yoga but I'm on foot and I couldn't find any good walkable classes nearby. I'll check again in the fall, I have the kids home during the summer so that complicates things a bit, at least at the gym they have a little kid room but the yoga studios that I did see that were further out were just basically one room with no daycare. I am still considering karate though since the dojo is close, but for right now with summer here I think i'll stick with just the gym and get my exercise in with all the walking and running around after the kids I'll be doing!
Most are. Try a video at home. I DON'T do any lifting at the gym, but owe all my toning to yoga. I swear by it.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I've been having a heck of a time with gas and bloating lately - *any* time I eat the past couple of days. And yesterday and the night before getting nauseous with meals. Today I'm pushing fluids. Breakfast was a protein drink, lunch was a protein drink. Dinner... not sure. Something light. Hubby's at a Ranger's game, one kid is at camp and the other is *never* home... so it'll just be me.

So, I'm going to work on getting back to way basics. Not sure what's going on, it doesn't matter what I eat it's happening. I think I just need to get back under control again. Ugh. Reset my body and then just eat whole clean foods again.

I had a mishap with some nsa oatmeal raisin cookies that were on clearance at Walmart. The remainder of them were soaked in water and tossed down the disposal. Those who have been around a while here know I have an unpleasant relationship with those damn (delicious) things. They're gone. But I did some damage to them (and myself) first.

Scale was unpleasant to me this morning. I'm going up down up down up down in big wide swings. Not my usual 5 pound range, this one is 10 pounds up or down in the matter of a few days... it's all hydration, constipation, diet related. Probably a few pounds of actual gain and the rest is water. If I can knock through that I can be okay. Clothes still fit fine. I have the bloated belly so *that's* unsightly (to me at least).

People tell me all the time I'm looking skinnier every time they see me. However *I* know the scale is a few pounds up from where it was in February. I think they're full of crap, but maybe it's me that's full of crap - self image and perception.

Maybe I should just stop giving the scale so much cred. I'm going to take measurements weekly and see what those do. Anyone want to join me in that? Not saying I won't still weigh, but I won't hold as much weight to it as I usually do. Muscle and fat are two different things... a pound of muscle takes up less space than the same pound of fat.

I'm going to measure:

Under bust
Abdomen
Hips
Biceps
Thighs
Calves

What else am I missing?
Nope, I don't even want to know my measurements. I never took them when I was my biggest. I think it would just discourage me, but that is just me. You have a lot to be proud of and should do it.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #76

Quote:
Nope, I don't even want to know my measurements. I never took them when I was my biggest. I think it would just discourage me, but that is just me. You have a lot to be proud of and should do it.
I think it will help me not focus on the roller coaster scale ride right now, especially with all the workouts I do. If it tells me I'm staying the same or shrinking then all's good. If it doesn't - then we have a problem lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
I had my 6month checkup with my surgeon's office yesterday.

I lost more, which is awesome!

BUT.....

My BP was 114/67
I have not taken an inhaler since February
I am cleared to go off 2 of my meds.

I've started running and swimming, so my "loss" is slower.

BUT....

I've lost more in clothing sizes (I can wear a size 13 comfortably now)

I feel REALLY, REALLY good today.
Gymnopedie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #78

Gym---congrats. You are doing awesome!!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
I had my 6month checkup with my surgeon's office yesterday.

I lost more, which is awesome!

BUT.....

My BP was 114/67
I have not taken an inhaler since February
I am cleared to go off 2 of my meds.

I've started running and swimming, so my "loss" is slower.

BUT....

I've lost more in clothing sizes (I can wear a size 13 comfortably now)

I feel REALLY, REALLY good today.
Awesome news! But get out of those junior sizes!!!!!! A 13 is made for a teenager. It's probably equivalent to a 10 or 12 in real women's sizes! Even better! I wear a 2 or 4 in regular sizes but a 5 or 7 in juniors - which I hate because they are cut different for people with no hips.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

That's awesome! Oooh how exciting!!

I DREAM of one day being smaller than a 14 again!

I remember vividly when I outgrew regular sizes. I was 22 years old. My sister had to teach me all about "plus sizes", which I had never heard of in my life because I had always been a size 5 adult until about age 21, when I ballooned up to a size 10 practically overnight, and then a 14 (I was in college. Freshman 15... Sophmore 25... Junior 50).

You ladies INSPIRE me!!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
(I was in college. Freshman 15... Sophmore 25... Junior 50).

You ladies INSPIRE me!!
I went the opposite way in college... down. Then down more when I was pregnant. After getting *married* it just went up and up and up...
Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Quote:
Awesome news! But get out of those junior sizes!!!!!! A 13 is made for a teenager. It's probably equivalent to a 10 or 12 in real women's sizes! Even better! I wear a 2 or 4 in regular sizes but a 5 or 7 in juniors - which I hate because they are cut different for people with no hips.
hahahaha..... yeah, I hear ya!

However, these were my "skinny" jeans from early college, so I am so completely excited that I can fit into them again that I don't mind at the moment!
Gymnopedie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
hahahaha..... yeah, I hear ya!

However, these were my "skinny" jeans from early college, so I am so completely excited that I can fit into them again that I don't mind at the moment!
Lol you go! I tossed all my college skinny jeans because I never thought I'd be able to wear them again (this was when I was almost 300 pounds). But that's okay! They would have been so hopelessly out of style by now. We're talking 90's jeans. Acid wash. Light light light fades. I was a grunge girl lol, not so cool now that I'm old.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #84

*Although* I did buy some floral print skinnies (Seven, one of my fave brands!) a few weeks ago. And I do have a pair of black and white plaid slacks I wear all the time.

Patterns are my friend now, the bolder the better!!!! If you haven't found that out yet, you will soon!! I heart them!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #85

I noticed I stack a lot of my eating LATE in the evenings... so I just changed my food log to read time frames instead of meals. So I have:

0600-0900
0900-1200
1200-1500
1500-1800
1800-2100
2100- Bed (I think *THIS* is going to be my trouble time, this one and the one before probably bleed into each other)

Has anyone else noticed they have any patterns like this?
Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #86

So, scale is way out there - bouncing and being inconsistent. I was 147 less than 10 days ago, then I've been up to 154 yesterday. This morning I'm 152. Scales are crazy lol. Actually, I'm the one that's been crazy. Too many processed foods - I need to get back to my whole food eating.

I did see that Matrix is coming out with a Peanut Butter Cookie protein powder soon. Saw it on their FB. Interesting...

Ran this morning, my time was a little better than before so keeping it up helps.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I noticed I stack a lot of my eating LATE in the evenings... so I just changed my food log to read time frames instead of meals. So I have:

0600-0900
0900-1200
1200-1500
1500-1800
1800-2100
2100- Bed (I think *THIS* is going to be my trouble time, this one and the one before probably bleed into each other)

Has anyone else noticed they have any patterns like this?
I USED to be a big bedtime eater. I would have ziplock storage baggies with my favorite junk stashed all on the side of my bed. Ugh. I refuse to allow any food in bed now simply for that reason. My worst time of the day is right now, while I'm at work trying to make it from 3pm to 5pm. It's the LONGEST two hours of my life every day! I picked up a new habit of chewing the tiny little ice chips that the ice machine makes in the breakroom. It keeps me occupied, hydrated and on plan!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

I have a pretty decent hike planned for tomorrow. Another 6 hr hike. I haven't tried this trail before so I'm not sure how steep it will be, hopefully it has a good incline! We are gearing up for our first 14'er of the year mid to late July. We keep watching the 14'er report waiting for the summits to thaw. I'm not so hardcore as those people out there scaling ice with pick axes!!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Okay. I'm back. I've been away on vacation and had a good time...but I also slid back into eating lots of crap. However, I am home now, and just filled my fridge with appropriate foods and lots of water. I am back on track and actually looking forward to losing whatever I gained and getting back into shape. It was only ten days, but when you stop eating right and exercising consistently - as you have been discussing - it can be a bad turning point. I am NOT going back! I will re-read your posts and start commenting - I am sure that posting here and reading daily really helps me - I think it helps all of us.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #90

Hey HT, welcome home. Good to see you posting again. That always helps me too.