LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I was a timid fish cook, too. Here's what I've learned to do with fish (I like salmon and cod best - this works with both)... First, preheat your oven to about 450. Then, make a packet of aluminum foil. Put the salmon in the packet. Sprinkle liberally with blackening seasoning or garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add a litttle butter (its already fatty) and some lemon juice/lemon slices. Then, seal the packet. Let it cook about 10 - 12 minutes (I usually have a salmon filet...). Take out of the oven and let it sit for a few minutes (like 5). When you open it up it is nicely cooked and delicious. Cod is yummy, too... With salmon I just peel it/flake it away from the skin on the bottom. Yum!
I tried this tonight and it worked great! The more upscale grocery in my area was having a sale on fresh salmon, so I bought a hunk and their fish seasoning (had most of the things you recommend, and also a bit of onion and orange peel and paparika) and did the foil packet. Very tender, very flaky, just right. Thanks!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Today:

28oz water
B - 0% Fage, frozen cherries, splenda
more water and unsweet tea
L - chicken breast, chickpeas, cottage cheese, pepperoncinis and spinach
s - apple w/pb or a hb egg
D - nothing planned, of course

I'll have a mint cookie protein at some point today, probably after workouts. I have ONE serving left and I'm waiting for my delivery lol. Supposed to be here tomorrow, but I'm hoping for today!

Workouts - run with dog. At least 1.5 miles, shooting to increase her runs a bit so we eventually hit 3. There's a local 5k that I want to run with her in. I think it's June 8th. I'm sure she can do it.

Then power yoga. Or vise versa, but definitely both.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #123

Recap from yesterday - Added a hb egg to lunch yesterday, skipped the snack and dinner was really noncommittal. I ate because I needed to, but nothing sounded good because I didn't want to eat. Beef jerky and an apple. Because I was so low in calories and had such a high burn I added a protein bar a little later that evening. STILL only finished at 800 and change for the day. Excercise *really* helps with "hunger". I'm just not when I have a good workout, must be the endorphins.

Ran a little over two miles with the puppy - well she's 7 or 8 month old now. Took her back home then took the older dog out for a little jog too. He's overweight and has arthritis, but he still ran a bit. Not as fast or as enthusiastically as the little one but he enjoyed it. Ended up doing 2.78 miles. Should have just gone for 3, but the bigger dog was done so we came home. I'll work him up to a little bit more each time I think. I'm working the little one up to a 5k so she can run this local one with me in June. Yup, I've already signed up for another one! I can't remember HOW many I'm registered for now lol, but my goal is one a month through the year. And if possible, attempt to make up runs for Feb and March (I did two in April so Jan is already made up). Off the top of my head I have the local run in June, the Neon Splash Dash in September, the Undy 5000 in October, and there's one more I'm registered for for sure but I can't remember it right this second! Of course I'll find a Jingle Bell run in the winter for sure, and most likely a Halloween costume run too around then. Oh! The ADA Step Out walk for Diabetes in November, that's what it is.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #124

Today:

B - mint cookie protein - the last of the bag, hopefully it delivers today!
L - 2 hb egg, small Campari tomato, babybel light cheese... maybe. I didn't make lunch last night so I just grabbed. I probably won't be able to eat all of that so I'll start with the eggs and see. The tomato is super yummy so I hope I can eat that too! It's about the size of a ping pong ball. If you haven't tried them - DO!
s - apple w/pb
D - no plan! Ugh! My downfall!!!

To do - run with dog. Yoga. Serious burn lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #125

Yoga done.
Run with dog done. But just 1.3 miles. Rain run with dog is toooooo distracting lol. Too many good yummy smells for her to check out.

No snack.

Not hungry for dinner, but I'll find something.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #126

Ended the day at 1028 calories. I added a protein bar and some Ranier cherries at the end of the evening or I would have been sitting at around 700 calories. When I amp up the exercise it seems to decrease my desire to eat... that's a trade off I'll take!

Tiny bit of water before breakfast.

B - 0% Fage, frozen cherries, splenda
L - chicken, cottage cheese, chickpeas, pepperoncinis, spinach
s - apple w/pb or mint cookie if needed
D - ?

Run with dog. Shooting for 2.5 miles today weather permitting.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I have been crazy busy lately, but finally things are slowing down - or changing might be a better word for it. I have dragged my lazy butt out of bed a little before 6AM each morning for the last two days to get 45 min of walking/jogging in before I have to be back home. I do not like getting up early...but I do not like gaining weight even more than that...so I do it. Seriously considering joining a gym in the next few weeks, however. It gets so ungodly hot here that, even at 6AM, it gets awful.

My eating has been awful. Not planned, not prepared, and eating a lot of Frankenfoods and junk I shouldn't be eating. Yesterday I lived on Greek yogurt - until dinner when I had half an enchilada and some Mexican rice. June is right around the corner and I am determined to stop all the stupid things I've been doing lately. More later...I swear, I don't have a minute to myself!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I have been crazy busy lately, but finally things are slowing down - or changing might be a better word for it. I have dragged my lazy butt out of bed a little before 6AM each morning for the last two days to get 45 min of walking/jogging in before I have to be back home. I do not like getting up early...but I do not like gaining weight even more than that...so I do it. Seriously considering joining a gym in the next few weeks, however. It gets so ungodly hot here that, even at 6AM, it gets awful.

My eating has been awful. Not planned, not prepared, and eating a lot of Frankenfoods and junk I shouldn't be eating. Yesterday I lived on Greek yogurt - until dinner when I had half an enchilada and some Mexican rice. June is right around the corner and I am determined to stop all the stupid things I've been doing lately. More later...I swear, I don't have a minute to myself!
It's hard. Hard hard hard hard hard. But remembe rhow good it feels to be on point? How easy it is when you plan and pack and stay on track once you've done it for a few days?

I've been doing great for about two weeks (minus a day or two around the holidays!). I've gone from 154 to 147 in that time (minus the brief bounce up around the holiday!). My brain was telling me I was hungry in the evenings so I gave myself permission to eat and eat and eat. Y'all know I was struggling with some grazing and overeating at nights. Basically I just told myself I was NOT hungry. I did not NEED food. And once I did that a few evenings it started to feel right - and it took quite a bit of redirection over and over again... taking the dogs out for runs is really helping! I'm back to my pre-derailment state of just never being hungry. My body got in the habit of getting the extra food and calories and my brain kept saying I needed it. It craved it. It only takes a few days of being straight to break those cravings. I'm sure I'll have some more bumps in the road from time to time, but this seriously shows me that when I come back to what I need to do it WORKS. A huge part of that was getting rid of the Frankenfoods and junk. They set up a craving cycle for me.

For a while there I was being lazy with my planning and ended up just drinking protein for almost every meal. That behavior is a great big huge fail. I've had more weight loss and I feel so much better now that I went back to my high protein, whole food, REAL food meals again. For me, I know the key is just eating *my* normal. No fasts, no liquid days, etc - those don't resonate with me and set me up for failure. It feels good to find my truth again.

So all y'all out there struggling - you already know your truth. Fight your brain for a few days, get it all straight again and find your groove. It's still right there where you left it!!!

I think another big thing with exercise is motivation. Being goal driven. I made a goal of running a 5k a month for the remainder of the year (and making up any missed months before I decided this goal - 3) so I will run at least 12 5k's this year. That keeps me motivated. I can walk 'em in my sleep, but to run them is different. It takes actually... running lol. So as long as I have those hanging over me I keep getting out and training. Right now I'm trying to decrease my time, correct my form and endurance. And actually, I really don't think of it in terms of exercising anymore. I don't say I'm going to go exercise. It's just "I'm going to go run", "go to yoga", etc. You change yourself bit by bit and eventually it sticks.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Ended the day at 1028 calories.
My bad, it was 1019. And I *love* seeing the little asterick at the bottom of my calorie log telling me I've earned XXX extra calories from exercise. The past week it's been about 450 calories "credit" per day, making my calorie defecit even bigger.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #130

2.5 mile run with Molly.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #131

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Off the wagon Enough said.
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Off the wagon Enough said.
That pretty much says enough, yup. Any one thing in particular derailing you or just everything at once?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #133

Today's an off day - been pretty busy.

Got up, ready for yoga and dropped my son off at his solo and ensemble contest on the way. Quick trip by the vet for Tito's arthritis medicine, then to power yoga. Then to Starbucks and the thrift shop, then I met someone at Sonic for a carpool to a yoga workshop. Now I'm showered and back home.

Eats - no particular meal really:

mint cookie protein on the way to yoga #1.
Skinny decaf latte
diet green tea
2 tsp crunchy peanut butter
mint cookie protein again

I should plan to eat real food for dinner!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #134

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
June!!!! https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/w...ne-2013-a.html
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote