Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
what is saltgrass ribeye?

Saltgrass is a steak house in Texas hubby gets a steak & gives me some because I can't eat much there!!! LOL!!

Quote:
OK, anyone know if there is some special meaning for "Peggy Sue"? Tonight I was walking my dog and a rather young man said from his car window "Lookin' good Peggy Sue. What are you doing out here all alone?" I didn't answer so he asked again what I was doing. I said "uh, walking my dog?" like duh lol.... he said he is playing soccer and would I care to join them. "uh, no thanks!" lol anyway it caught me off guard... and I am not sure if i should be offended by the peggy sue name or if the guy just thought he was being cute/charming?? He wasn't. He made me uncomfortable.
Peggy Sue is a reference to the 50's , curvy girls, there is a song Peggy sue, & hysterically laughing here . . . . . my boss is name is Peggy & we all call her Peggy Sue!! Texas humor combined with nurse humor here!! I'm showing my age!!! & proud of it!! now I have to google "peggy sue because I can't remember who sings it!! Buddy Holly sings it !!! I feel OLD NOW!!!

Last edited by Savannah; 05-04-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Yep - I'd feel good if someone called me Peggy Sue...not in the stalky way you got it, Mary, I just mean generally!

The other day I was dressed up and a co-worker saw me and said, "Wow! Spicy!" I liked that!

Fat Fast Update: Hour 12 of eating fat only...and not too much of it... I miss my protein (shakes and otherwise!)! I feel tired and headachey. That might (also) be caffine, but whatever! Why am I doing this again? :P Seriously, I guess I better look it up!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #33

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
HT how did I miss that you are doing fat fasts too?

I know the song Peggy Sue... My dad used to play it and other Buddy Holly songs while he was doing shop work. I had no idea that being called that has anything to do with being curvy... nothing in the lyrics have to do with curves? interesting.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
HT how did I miss that you are doing fat fasts too?

I know the song Peggy Sue... My dad used to play it and other Buddy Holly songs while he was doing shop work. I had no idea that being called that has anything to do with being curvy... nothing in the lyrics have to do with curves? interesting.
Yeah I don't get it either, but according to urban dictionary that's one definition of it. I've never heard it used though. I'd take it as an extremely creepy compliment. And run lol.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, from what you described I'd run, too!

Also: I tried mint cookie with water and ice. Not bad. Not the same as with milk, but not bad. And, that's 110 calories per cup of milk I'm saving!

Happy to be eating actual food again! The fat fast was weird, at best, for me. Hope it might work for others though!
Old 05-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Yeah, from what you described I'd run, too!

Also: I tried mint cookie with water and ice. Not bad. Not the same as with milk, but not bad. And, that's 110 calories per cup of milk I'm saving!

Happy to be eating actual food again! The fat fast was weird, at best, for me. Hope it might work for others though!
I always make my proteins with water. Liquid calories are easy to stack up!!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #37

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I always make my proteins with water. Liquid calories are easy to stack up!!
I just did this yesterday for the first time. I did add a small splash of half and half. It was ok.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #38

Eating:

B - 6 oz 0% Fage, 3 small frozen strawberries, splenda
L - 1.5 oz grilled chicken, 2.5 oz cottage cheese, 35g chickpeas, 4 garlic stuffed olives sliced, 15g raw spinach and 10 snap peas. I just like to eat those by themselves for the crunch.
s - apple w/pb OR mint cookie protein
D - most likely some variation repeat of lunch

Doing:

The plan is to hit the gym around 5:15 and get a run in, then do the Insane Cardio class at 6. The puppy has school tonight so hopefully hubby's home in time to do that. Trying to put a hyper 45 pound pittie in my new little car and drive is not my idea of fun, but it sure would still be a workout.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I just did this yesterday for the first time. I did add a small splash of half and half. It was ok.
I've only ever used water for the main reason of extra calories. I figured if that's the only way I knew it, then it would never take any getting used to. I'd probably be the same way you are if I ever tried it with milk - it wouldn't taste right to me.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #40

Quote:
s - apple w/pb OR mint cookie protein.
Ended up being an apple w/pb. Mmmmm. They have the little .75 oz packages here at work so I snag one to eat with it. Ultimate portion control.

I'll have the protein later tonight after workout if I need it. I might if I do what I planned to do... a run then cardio class! That's a 500-600 calorie burn right there.

4pm and I'm at 670 calories for the day with three meals and a snack in. That's a typical day though. It's the evenings where I graze that gets me in deeper - I can rack up 1000+ calories between now and bedtime without even thinking about it - mostly in protein bars, protein drinks and cheese. I had an intense craving for popcorn today because I heard they were going to do rounding for employee giving and hand it out. I either missed it or it didn't happen or I really think I would have had popcorn too.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #41

B - coffee protein shake
L - I wasn't feeling it, left over salad... threw most out... yeach
S - Coffee
D - not sure.... not really wanting to eat.... maybe some pork and green beans.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so discouraged how, I swear, as soon as something stressful happens, I IMMEDIATELY start thinking of what I can eat. I thought I kicked that habit to the curb a few years ago. Alas, I have not. Good news is I only had a cup of coffee, not the fritos or pretzels or cheese I was initially walking towards.

Heather - your teenager still giving you fits? Maybe we can get a deal on two tickets to Siberia for a few weeks - for them...or two weeks at a spa for us!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Heather - your teenager still giving you fits? Maybe we can get a deal on two tickets to Siberia for a few weeks - for them...or two weeks at a spa for us!!
Yes, but now she's hiding things well. So I'm unsure as to if she's changing her spots or just being sneakier.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #44

A handful of popcorn fell in my mouth. Less than a cup, so damage control wasn't necessary.

No gym, I went to dog school with Molly.

Dinner was an attempt at a chicken/spinach sausage. It didn't sit well so I only ate about 2 slices off of it before giving up. I had a hardboiled egg and some chickpeas.

Calories are only at 1003 right now and it's 1040. This is where I would justify the extra eating by the low calories and have something else. But I'm not. I *may* however add a protein shake here in a bit for an extra 200 calories and 35g protein because my protein is way way low at 68g for the day. No justification, but rationale thinking.

Breakfast and lunch made and in the fridge for tomorrow already.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #45

Today:

B - 0% Fage, frozen strawberries, Splenda
L - grilled chicken, cottage cheese, chickpeas, garlic stuffed olives, spinach and snap peas.
s - apple w/pb
D - chicken burgers perhaps. Maybe spaghetti (for the fam) with turkey meatballs (me). I came across a stash of frozen costco food in the inside freezer that we forgot we had!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #46

Today Fat fast

Coffee with HWC
Macademia nuts
cream cheese
hot buttered pecans
Old 05-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #47

Dinner was spaghetti. I made pasta for the family. I had spinach and cottage cheese topped with a lil of the sauce and a few of the turkey meatballs. Topped with some Parmesan. Pretty tasty.

Later I had a protein drink. Closing the day at 1600 calories.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #48

Quote:
Closing the day at 1600 calories.
I lied. Actually it wasn't a lie. It was an intention.

I ended the day at just about 2000 calories. I had the start of a blood sugar crash which had me eating more before bed. Blah. Now to look at my intake and see what triggered it. Probably the 7 tortilla chips I had at a late meeting at work. I was craving the saltiness of them but hadn't really had anything like that in a while. Must have been too much for me. :/
Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #49

B - mint cookie protein
L - grilled chicken, cottage cheese, chickpeas, pickled okra, spinach
s - apple w/pb or mint cookie protein
D - unplanned :/

NEED to run today.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been crappy at planning lately. I've been having greek yogurt and wasa and PB for lunch for 2 days straight. I'm interested in a real meal sometime soon... I've just been crazy busy.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #51

B - ham grilled on GF followed by (40 min later) protein coffee drink
S - seaweed and dried fish/peanut snack
L - Bunless cheese burger (made at home
D - Same as lunch? Or maybe just a protein shake
Old 05-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
B: 2 Meijer Light string cheese (100 cal/14 protein)
L: Pure Protein Revolution bar, frozen so it tastes like a frozen Snickers (180 cal/20 protein)
D: Baby ground chuck patty with sauteed mushroom and some 1000 Island (I call this a Baby BigMac) - not sure on counts
S: 1 or 2 scoops of some protein powder blended with water and ice (140 cal?/23 protein per scoop).

I try to avoid daytime snacks, but keep string cheese, protein bars, and powder at work so if I need something I have some decent choices.

I was having another long stall. I pulled out of it by stopping all mindless nibbling and focusing on protein and vitamins (like I knew to do the whole time....). I know all of my self-sabotaging tricks and just need to stay focused!

This morning I weigh 160 lbs., a loss of 95 pounds since surgery on August 20, 2012. I have 10 pounds to go to my surgeon's goal of 150. I'd like to see 140 maybe, so I'll just let it go where it wants to go. I'm wearing size 10 jeans and they aren't tight. The top I'm wearing today is a medium. I never, ever thought I would see this day. My pannus is even getting tiny, I know all the skin is still there but it's almost as if it's magically redistributing itself. That's my story, anyway
Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
L: Pure Protein Revolution bar, frozen so it tastes like a frozen Snickers (180 cal/20 protein)

I was having another long stall. I pulled out of it by stopping all mindless nibbling and focusing on protein and vitamins (like I knew to do the whole time....). I know all of my self-sabotaging tricks and just need to stay focused!

This morning I weigh 160 lbs., a loss of 95 pounds since surgery on August 20, 2012. I have 10 pounds to go to my surgeon's goal of 150. I'd like to see 140 maybe, so I'll just let it go where it wants to go. I'm wearing size 10 jeans and they aren't tight. The top I'm wearing today is a medium. I never, ever thought I would see this day. My pannus is even getting tiny, I know all the skin is still there but it's almost as if it's magically redistributing itself. That's my story, anyway
The PP revolution bloats me from 0-9 month pregnant looking in minutes after eating it. Wayyyyy too many sugar alcohols for my comfort. It does remind me of Snickers though. I thought that when I tried it.

Isn't it amazing what following the rules the surgeons gave us does?!? Too bad my head doesn't always remember that before it makes me put lots of things in my mouth!

And way to go on the weight and size AND the tiny pannus! As far as your surgeon's goal - why did he choose 150? I wouldn't worry about making that and if you want to see 140 there's absolutely no reason why that isn't possible. The doctor writes a "magic" number in your chart based on how he feels that day. It's you that dictates where you end up!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #54

B - mint cookie protein
L - spinach, chicken, chickpeas, cottage cheese, diced green chilis and a babybel light cheese round. Bit of crushed pineapple with splenda and cinnamon.
s - leftover crushed pineapple with splenda and cinnamon. Apple w/pb
s - nsa hot chocolate cuz it's a rainy yucky kinda day for it.
D - no plan. I have support group so it may just be a protein drink.

It's "favorites" night at the support group meeting. So people will be bringing food and protein and etc to sample around. I'll try some as long as it fits within my hard and fast rules. No sugar, low or fat free, and I'm staying away from the empty bread/carb calories again (please!).

My plan to run at the park between work and the meeting was thwarted when it was pouring down rain all day. I got out of the meeting at 230 and it would have been perfect. Oh well. At least I'm getting some laundry done!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
The PP revolution bloats me from 0-9 month pregnant looking in minutes after eating it. Wayyyyy too many sugar alcohols for my comfort. It does remind me of Snickers though. I thought that when I tried it.

Isn't it amazing what following the rules the surgeons gave us does?!? Too bad my head doesn't always remember that before it makes me put lots of things in my mouth!

And way to go on the weight and size AND the tiny pannus! As far as your surgeon's goal - why did he choose 150? I wouldn't worry about making that and if you want to see 140 there's absolutely no reason why that isn't possible. The doctor writes a "magic" number in your chart based on how he feels that day. It's you that dictates where you end up!
Yeah, my insides sound like a tuba after I eat one of those delicious bars

I'm not sure why he said he thought 140 was too low (I'll ask him at my next appt.!), but my PCP said she thought I would be "gaunt" at 140 (not likely!) Plus, she weighs about 120 lbs., so what does she know?

I noticed tonight that I have literal folds of skin hanging off my butt cheeks and where my hips and legs meet. It's kind of fascinating
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #56

Quote:

I'm not sure why he said he thought 140 was too low (I'll ask him at my next appt.!), but my PCP said she thought I would be "gaunt" at 140 (not likely!) Plus, she weighs about 120 lbs., so what does she know?

I noticed tonight that I have literal folds of skin hanging off my butt cheeks and where my hips and legs meet. It's kind of fascinating
How tall are you? "Gaunt" is a matter of opinion. I'm 140's. My lowest was 133. I don't think I was ever gaunt. I'm 5'6".
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #57

Oh, I'm pushing fluids today hard and heavy. I have that "meh" feeling about food which usually means I'm... uh... backed up. And it's been several days since I have a movement AND I'm bloated. Ugh.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #58

Quote:
Mine doesn't really make noises. I must be more sensitive to them. I literally can turn sideways and look like I'm carrying at full term.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #59

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Oh, I'm pushing fluids today hard and heavy. I have that "meh" feeling about food which usually means I'm... uh... backed up. And it's been several days since I have a movement AND I'm bloated. Ugh.
I was backed up all week. I took a bunch of extra magnesium yesterday and today am much better. I am pushing the fluids too.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I was backed up all week. I took a bunch of extra magnesium yesterday and today am much better. I am pushing the fluids too.
Just mag pills? OTC? Or mag citrate (yuck!)?