Just starting the new thread for May!

Do we all have our new goals in mind?
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I have a few goals in mind, I'll come back and get them down if I have time today. If not then I will tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Subscribing...

It's snowing like crazy today so getting out to run or hike is out for the rest of the week =(

My goals remain the same... keep on induction, following the WLS rules, get more water, take all my vitamins and stay active!! Oh, and 1 or less sugar free drink mixes per day!
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
It's May 1st! That means I should be holding my baby girl by the end of next month! And saying goodbye to this nausea!
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #5

I've decided to approach this a different way this time around. Before I would have several goals that I wanted to achieve that I just really couldn't concentrate on any one of them to get them right. I've made three - a food goal, an exercise goal and a personal goal. Neither should overlap or conflict each other so they should be easy enough to focus on.

Food - my eating is completely messed up. Not so much what I eat, or how much I can eat but more so the WHY I eat. Boredom eating has totally stepped in a lot lately. My food goal is to take a look at my overall eating habits, and when I feel the need to eat evaluate WHY it is I need to eat and if it's attached to hunger. If it's not, then I need to find the why and see if there's something else I can replace that need with.

Exercise - I made a commitment to run every day in May. It was a Facebook challenge/event I stumbled across and I thought it was a good motivator. At least one mile a day, every day - no excuses. Even on days I'm not feeling it a mile is not so overwhelming that I can't spare 10 minutes to go around the block a few times. I'm hoping that once I get my body back into the habit of doing it regularly I can break down the mental "blah" I've had over the last few weeks. I'm sure this is partly related to eating as well... I eat blah therefore I feel blah.

Personal - I made a good dent in my decluttering late last year/early this year but have slacked. It's time to pick a different area of the house and work on that. Be brutal and honest, if it's just being moved around and holds no extreme sentimental value then it needs to go. I'm been much happier in physical spaces with less clutter. The bedroom was a big one. I just owned too much stuff. I've already made a run through of the closet and pulled out two bags of shirts and sweaters for Goodwill.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #6

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I have to think on my May goals. I will post soon.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
I did well with my goal to really work at physical therapy and do my stretches and exercises. My therapist says she can tell I do the exercises and and appreciates my hard work. I need to get my ankle back on line before June for my trip to Italy, so I'm very motivated. Turns out I have muscles further up the leg that are not firing correctly putting too much stress on my foot. I haven't done well on my goal of working out, although I am working my lower body for pt to the point of fatigue, nothing is happening much for my upper body. Same old excuses, I'm so busy with after work 2nd jobs and pt etc. Again, I'm only going to ask myself to go 2 times a week until I get back at that as a habit. I can do this!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
My goal is to weigh no more than 189 by Memorial Day.

I also need to really focus on the why of my eating, as well as the quantities/calories I'm eating. I have made progress with this, but it needs to continue.

My exercising has been sloppy and not as consistent as I want it to be. I need to continue to make exercise the priority it needs to stay...
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
May goals for me are :

headed for Onderland or bust

walking @ least 30 min daily

I'm doing more shakes & yogurt cause I'm tired of losing slowly!!!
I just took a 2 day break to celebrate bd & now going to see how long I can do this I really want Onderland badly!!
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
It's May 1st! That means I should be holding my baby girl by the end of next month! And saying goodbye to this nausea!
This sounds great I know you're excited!!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #11

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
May 17th I am participating in a dance showcase. I want to practice daily and stay on track with diet until then (I don't want to be bloated or have skin issues because of changing diet too much!)

I want to do at least one fat fast a week. I am on my second one for this week. Every other day might be too much.

Some of my size 12 pants ARE less tight (last month's goal) but the smallest ones are still snug, still working on that.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post

I want to do at least one fat fast a week. I am on my second one for this week. Every other day might be too much.

Some of my size 12 pants ARE less tight (last month's goal) but the smallest ones are still snug, still working on that.
I need to learn more about fat fast, I see a lot of people doing it and saying they had success. I want to try it!!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #13

Quote:
May 17th I am participating in a dance showcase. I want to practice daily and stay on track with diet until then (I don't want to be bloated or have skin issues because of changing diet too much!)

Awesome motivation! I keep signing up for 5K's for the same reason. To keep me running. I'm excited for you, are you still doing all the dance classes?

What is the fat fast? It sounds awful lol, but then remember that my body can't tolerate fats. Makes me to think about eating nothing but fat all day.

Yay on the pants! Mine went the opposite way. I'm 4 pounds up, lets hope it's fluid from my weekend of binging.

Operation Run Every Day in May is so far so good. I didn't WANT to go to the gym yesterday, but I did. And I didn't want to get on the treadmill so I did. And I said well I'll just walk for 45 minutes... and about half a mile in I said WTH am I doing? So I bumped it up to a nice steady pace of 5.5 mph and ran for the next 20 minutes straight. Then a cool down walk for a total of just over 3.2 miles.

Last edited by myyellowstang; 05-02-2013 at 06:59 AM..
Old 05-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #14

Mary's post made me think... So here's todays food for thought question...

What's your motivator? What is it that can kick you into gear when nothing else can?

I actually have two - one positive and one negative...

Positive - I keep signing myself up for 5K's. I'm signed up for 3 more before the end of the year so far... one benefitting The Hometown Heroes Foundation (I don't know if any of y'all saw much about the Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield murders - it was pretty national news, but they were from here in my town, my husband went to high school with Chris, and this was founded as a result of what their families have to go through), the Undy 5000 (a colon cancer walk for my bestie), and omg I can't even remember the third one!!!! How bad is that!?

Negative - it's a person. A person I *hate* with all my being, and I'm not one to ever hate people. I've been running into her regularly lately at yoga and running events. Did I mention I HATE her? Her hubby and mine used to be besties since school - you can probably see where this is heading. Anyway, it was about 8 years ago in my marriage and I was probably as close to 300 pounds as I ever was. I (completely unintended!) wound up in an acro class that she happened to walk into and I immediately went into internal panic mode. She didn't know who I was because I was 150 pounds lighter until I flat out refused to participate in a pose with her when the instructor asked. No apologies, just straight out said No. And I've never refused to do anything before.

Anyway, she keeps showing up in the same yoga/running circles lately and as much as I want to cause her physical harm (I show great restraint), I'm perfectly content with just being a subconscious threat in the back of her mind. And with being much more fabulous than her. And smaller. And more acrotastic. And finishing my 5k 10 minutes before her. I'm completely open to suggestions.

Okay, so a week or so before I have an event I know she's probably going to show up at I kick into beast mode to drop a few pounds and not look as bloated in my clothes. Totally a negative motivator, but it works. I have to look like I can kick someone's arse at all times lol.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
..........Negative - it's a person. A person I *hate* with all my being, and I'm not one to ever hate people. I've been running into her regularly lately at yoga and running events. Did I mention I HATE her? Her hubby and mine used to be besties since school - you can probably see where this is heading. Anyway, it was about 8 years ago in my marriage and I was probably as close to 300 pounds as I ever was. I (completely unintended!) wound up in an acro class that she happened to walk into and I immediately went into internal panic mode. She didn't know who I was because I was 150 pounds lighter until I flat out refused to participate in a pose with her when the instructor asked. No apologies, just straight out said No. And I've never refused to do anything before.

Anyway, she keeps showing up in the same yoga/running circles lately and as much as I want to cause her physical harm (I show great restraint), I'm perfectly content with just being a subconscious threat in the back of her mind. And with being much more fabulous than her. And smaller. And more acrotastic. And finishing my 5k 10 minutes before her. I'm completely open to suggestions.Okay, so a week or so before I have an event I know she's probably going to show up at I kick into beast mode to drop a few pounds and not look as bloated in my clothes. Totally a negative motivator, but it works. I have to look like I can kick someone's arse at all times lol.
Sister, I think you have it covered
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

for looser pants
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

I fat fast, but Often still feel hungry!!!!!!!!!!! Mac nuts & bacon
maybe I should try since surgery . . . . . . hmmmmmm

Last edited by Savannah; 05-02-2013 at 06:21 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #18

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd107016404557
I need to learn more about fat fast, I see a lot of people doing it and saying they had success. I want to try it!!
It's 1000 calories, 90 percent of which should be fat. It's kinda like what they post about in the NK threads, but even higher fat percentage, and lower calories.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #19

Today is my 5 month surgiversary---lol. I am down 76 pounds.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Old 05-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's 1000 calories, 90 percent of which should be fat. It's kinda like what they post about in the NK threads, but even higher fat percentage, and lower calories.
Thank you =) I Googled it and found what I can eat. I'm going to try it this weekend (not during a work day because I'm not sure how my body is going to react to this kind of fat, I seem to be very sensitive to fat since WLS)

Wish me luck?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
Thank you =) I Googled it and found what I can eat. I'm going to try it this weekend (not during a work day because I'm not sure how my body is going to react to this kind of fat, I seem to be very sensitive to fat since WLS)

Wish me luck?
What kind did you have? If it was a RNY I would *not* recommend a fat fast lol. Unless you can spend the weekend in the bathroom.

There's no way in heck I could eat that much fat post RNY without being miserable and sick!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What kind did you have? If it was a RNY I would *not* recommend a fat fast lol. Unless you can spend the weekend in the bathroom.

There's no way in heck I could eat that much fat post RNY without being miserable and sick!
omg. ok, can't do fat fast!!

UGH. after spending the better part of the day in the bathroom, I'm going to lie down after taking an anti-nausea
Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
omg. ok, can't do fat fast!!

UGH. after spending the better part of the day in the bathroom, I'm going to lie down after taking an anti-nausea
Oh no did you try it??? Remember RNYers dump on fat!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm doing it today...I'm not hungry much, but when I do eat I don't feel so great - and my stomach gurgled for about 30 min after an all-bacon breakfast! This is a one-day event , for sure!
Old 05-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
WTG
Old 05-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree with Savannah - Way To Go Chewy!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #28

Thanks peeps. I did 30 minutes on my bike yesterday. I hope to do more today. My knees are sore though. Today's mission: find some clothes that fit me so dh stops complaining. LOL We're celebrating my MIL's 88th bd today. I made a lc cheesecake and we're making shrimp and bonita.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh no did you try it??? Remember RNYers dump on fat!
Yes, unfortunately, I tried it. And dumped for hours and then slept for the rest of the day. Not sure if it was coincidence but today was my weigh in day and I am down a lb. I certainly can't do THAT again!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

I didn't feel so great either, but I got through it...and, this morning on the scale? LOL No change! I'm just eating carefully today...no more fat fasts in my immediate future. :P