LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 05:41 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I know it's cheesy, and it's cliche but I've found when it comes to exercise you really just have to do it. The only caveat being if it's not something you *LOVE* then it will feel like a chore, you'll resent it, and you'll just stop. So... what do you love? Find new ways to do it. Grow it. Challenge yourself in it. Make it a priority. Make *yourself* a priority. I know it's easy with kids to give up time for yourself because of their things, but that can become an easy excuse to skip working out. I actually have my workouts on my calendar. Everyone in my family and close friends network knows to work around my workouts. Of course I make exceptions for big things, like concerts, meetings, etc. But I don't let the exceptions become the norm. Exercise is no longer the nemesis it was because I changed my approach to it. It didn't change. I did. Super cheesy.

I wore my clothes until they fell off, literally, in the parking lot as I stepped out of the car. I invested in many many belts after that.

By the way, 6 months out was a HUGE stall period for me... then I literally melted after that. I'd say it was at least a month or so stall.
Thanks, Heather. I know I need to find someting I love for exercise. The problem is I am a lazy slug and don't like to do anything. After my vacation, I will figure it out.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Heather, I love, love, LOVE your attitude towards exercise. Chewie, take heart: I, too, was so anti-exercise that I never thought I could like it as much as I do. If you just start doing it you can turn it into a positive habit, trust me.

I have been just willing myself out there lately. Between work and family stresses all I really have wanted to do is crawl into bed. However, the exercise does relieve some of the stress. Getting up at 6AM when I don't have to is a bummer, though...

I plan on some brand new goals for June 1st. I haven't been terrible, but I haven't been doing what I need to do, either. Now that summer's here I need to be extra careful...extra time on my hands = extra time to get into eating trouble.

Sorry I have been MIA, too...my comp was in the shop with a nasty virus. O,o

Oh...one little NSV from last weekend... I bought - and wore - my first bikini since I literally was 2 years old. Granted, it was around the house, but still. My husband saw it and his jaw totally dropped. Scars and all, I still looked okay. The next day I went out and bought a different bikini top. Just cause it was pretty and I could.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 05-30-2013 at 06:53 AM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post

Oh...one little NSV from last weekend... I bought - and wore - my first bikini since I literally was 2 years old. Granted, it was around the house, but still. My husband saw it and his jaw totally dropped. Scars and all, I still looked okay. The next day I went out and bought a different bikini top. Just cause it was pretty and I could.
How awesome is that??!! YAY for wearing a bikini!!

I haven't worn a bikini since I was in 4th grade and probably never will again as I cannot afford the body lift.

Did you feel amazing?? =)
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #154

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks, Heather. I know I need to find someting I love for exercise. The problem is I am a lazy slug and don't like to do anything. After my vacation, I will figure it out.
There's nothing wrong with being a lazt slug once in a while. However, once you find something you *love* you'll be bringing it WITH you on vacation. I always pack my running shoes.

Quote:
I have been just willing myself out there lately. Between work and family stresses all I really have wanted to do is crawl into bed. However, the exercise does relieve some of the stress. Getting up at 6AM when I don't have to is a bummer, though...

Sometimes you have to fake it to get through it, but the key is to keep doing it. If you stop it's way harder to start back up again. My little hiatus after the wreck showed me that!

And... this post is worthless without the hot bikini pics!!!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I will take - and post - a pic or two this weekend. I will warn you, however, I don't think "hot" is the adjective for this tamale! It fits and I look okay. You'll see! :P
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #156

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
I will take - and post - a pic or two this weekend. I will warn you, however, I don't think "hot" is the adjective for this tamale! It fits and I look okay. You'll see! :P
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
pt success

My physical therapist has cleared me for outdoor walking at last This week I have to limit it to 1/2 mile but if that goes okay I can start increasing next week. It's been a crazy journey in PT, I came in because my ankle was throbbing, we worked up my leg getting knee to move, getting gluts to fire at the right time and now working on core strength. She thinks all this started when I had a hysterectomy about 9 years ago ~ my abs were cut and I protected them, and so the they shut down. Over time walking to compensate for no core strength, other muscle got injured or stressed until I was really relying on my hamstrings and calves to propel me. who would have thought? I've sure learned a lot about the mechanics of walking I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 walks so far, it is by FAR my preferred mode of exercise. Hope to be full on hiking later this summer.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #158

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Just saying hi
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Down 1 lb in the last 2 weeks, but definitely toning up. I started training for my upcoming 5K this month and been doing 3 mile (nearly vertical) hikes in the mountains on the weekends. I'm solidly down 1 pant size this month. Got rid of the last of my "fat" clothes over size 16. 16 is my new "fat" size. I'm hoping in another month I'll be into size 12 finally!!

I've been taking so many supplements, the smell of vitamins is reeking from my pores!! Anyone else have this problem??
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #160

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi. I am on vacation this week on the lake. Walked today and trying to get my water in too. Challenging cause boats do not have bathrooms. Lol. Food has not been a problem yet as we have been eating at the condo. Making chicken salad today. I will check in again when i get time.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #161

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
It's JUNE!!!! WTH???? lol https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/w...l#post16452978
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote