Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I'm not feeling my treadmill today and it's raining outside. Blah de blah. To meet my 10000 steps goal that's about 1 hour and 40 minutes of walking per day at my pace. That's a lot of treadmill. Thinking of walking to the gym and doing some bike and rower instead. I usually only go to the gym on weight lifting days but the change of exercise and scenery will probably do me some good. This morning I got out of bed and decided to run up and down the stairs 10 times. Seems not too long ago that just going up one flight of stairs would have seriously winded me, so progress is being made I love it! I've been slowly upping the speed or incline on the treadmill, the resistance on the bike , and remaining in the same heart rate zone so it's motivating to see some real progress.

B - Premier Protein shake
L - Premier Protein Shake, raspberries
D - Extra lean sirloin patty with cheese
s - maybe tuna salad on crackers? Or another shake. Or a babybel light. I'll see where I am calorie/carb/protein wise and decide then.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
B - 0% Fage, splenda, strawberry (a big one)
L - canned chicken breast, chickpeas, pepperoncinis, cottage cheese, hb egg, raw spinach
s - popcorn
D - no idea, but I need to go grocery shopping to restock on ground beef and chicken breast
s - mint cookie protein?
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #123

Feeling a little more control today, less craving, but I'm still at work. It's always better at work when I'm not surrounded by food. I'll need to get this emotional crap under control. Operation 10 pounds... starts. At 151 this morning.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can do it Heather! Toss out all that crap

My weak spot right now is crackers. I just love a snack of cheese and crackers in the evening. I rationalize it by saying that the cheese has protein and therefore it's good I only have 4 saltines (50 cals) so I'm not too worried, I just wish I didn't have to have that crutch. I do fine on plain protein all day until about 10pm and then I just turn into the carb monster and I neeeeeed waaaaaaaant.

Yesterday I think was my most active day so far. I went to the gym on my day "off" (I mean no weight training) which I had never done. I did 30 minutes on the bike and then 15 minutes on the rower. I walked a lot, ended up walking 11 kilometers for the day (17000 steps). I ran up and down my stairs at home, ended up doing 40 flights of stairs during the day. Plus I cleaned and did laundry and dishes and blah blah blah. Anyways, good day!

So I'm going to try to match it today! It's also not a gym day but it's a beautiful day outside so I'm going to go take a walk to the gym and try to do about 15 kilometers on the bike and then row about 3 kilometers. And then walk home, eat some protein, and then it'll be time for me to go walk and get the kids from school. Since it's so nice out I figured we'd go to the park. Where I will practice my grip strength by trying over and over to hang on to the monkey bars for more than half a second

Anyways, that's the goal!

Food wise, the same as usual: protein shake, protein shake, sirloin patty, and then probably cheese and crackers. That puts me at about 90 grams of protein which I think is fine for a non weight lifting day. Ok, gonna go kick some butt.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
You can do it Heather! Toss out all that crap

Since it's so nice out I figured we'd go to the park. Where I will practice my grip strength by trying over and over to hang on to the monkey bars for more than half a second

Food wise, the same as usual: protein shake, protein shake, sirloin patty, and then probably cheese and crackers. That puts me at about 90 grams of protein which I think is fine for a non weight lifting day. Ok, gonna go kick some butt.
I'll get there. I made better choices yesterday - not great ones but better ones. 149 on the scale today. 152 last night. Maybe it'll keep and I can get that momentum going. I can do this, it's just comes down to snapping out of the funk.

I'm working a little bit from home today. My son got sick so I had to pick him up. I'm volunteering at a packet pickup later today to get a free 5K run entry for Sunday - worth it I think. Should be fun, and I need the run. Hopefully I'll get enough time to get the tomatoes in the ground this weekend. If not today then tomorrow for sure.

Today is an off food day due to the going home thing.

B - mint cookie protein
L - Smart Pop popcorn, bite of nsa ice cream (one spoonfull so probably 2T). - not the best lunch really
s - mint cookie protein to make up for my lack of during lunch
D - chicken something or other.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I ended up turning today into a lifting day (was supposed to go tomorrow but change in plans), my trainer wasn't there so it was my first "solo" weight lifting experience. Went well, even made some gains in a few lifts. Probably won't go to the park today, it's super windy outside so getting sand in your eyes kind of takes the fun out of it :P

Anyways food wise, same as my previous plan but adding an extra protein shake for a total of 120 protein today, I think that should be good.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #127

Quote:
I ended up turning today into a lifting day (was supposed to go tomorrow but change in plans), my trainer wasn't there so it was my first "solo" weight lifting experience. Went well, even made some gains in a few lifts. Probably won't go to the park today, it's super windy outside so getting sand in your eyes kind of takes the fun out of it :P

Anyways food wise, same as my previous plan but adding an extra protein shake for a total of 120 protein today, I think that should be good.
When you talk about your lifting days I totally picture you all hardcore with a belt, gloves and big dumbells doing deadlifts!

Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #128

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
B - Vanilla coffee with half n half mixed with coconut cream... so really more like third third n third lol
S - usually coffee holds me over until lunch, but I got hungry so I broke into my "emergency" stash and had a bag of medifast cereal crunch, berry flavor
L - this n that... bit of roasted sea weed (yum), couple bites of left over squash from last night, couple bites shredded raw veggies, and chicken.
D - not sure, I put out some chicken thighs from the freezer but I might save them for tomorrow. I get the feeling that I won't want to cook tonight lol

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #129

This was tough lol!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
When you talk about your lifting days I totally picture you all hardcore with a belt, gloves and big dumbells doing deadlifts!

OMG totally not. Deadlifts are not currently part of my training plan, I'm not sure why, they were before, they'll probably get cycled in soon when we change up the exercises again. We were doing dumbbell squats until my grip strength couldn't keep up with my legs, now we're doing that weird machine where you push your legs, does not seem as good as a squat but oh well, my weak hands! Squat rack would be an alternative but I don't totally want all that weight on my shoulders either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post

This was tough lol!!!
Wow, makes me dizzy just looking at it. But it looks easy. (NOT!)
Old 04-20-2013, 05:41 AM   #131

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi all, I'm up to 31 minutes on the bike. Wonder if I'll ever get to a point where I like it and don't have to force myself to do it????
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Positive thinking, if you keep telling yourself that you hate it you will continue to hate it. Think about the positives, your subconscious will pick up on things but you have to phrase them positively. How about "I feel so proud when I finish my workout", or "I love how I feel when I've finished my workout". Don't concentrate on how you feel DURING the workout if that part makes you miserable I don't like feeling like my muscles are going to explode in fiery pain during a lift, or feeling the sweat trickling down my back while I'm on the bike, but I LOVE the feeling afterwards when I'm completely spent and can hardly lift my feet and I know that I gave it my all, that high I get from that is great. I have to keep reminding myself of THAT feeling, because if not... a Julie at rest tends to stay at rest. I'm a naturally lazy person. If I let myself I'd just sit in front of my computer all day and only get up to pee or get something to eat.

Today I'm not sure what I'm doing. We're going to my parents house so food wise I'm not sure either. I haven't seen my dad in 5 months, they've been wintering in Arizona, so he's sure to get a shock to see how much I've changed in 5 months I saw my mom last month when she flew home for a few days so she's already seen me. Anyways, I'm going to bring a protein shake in case there's not much that I can eat for supper. I'd rather stick to my clean eating regimen even though I know that my sleeve would tolerate pasta or whatever else I throw at it.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #133

Quote:
Wow, makes me dizzy just looking at it. But it looks easy. (NOT!)
Lol, clearly by the look on BOTH of our faces it's a cinch. I just realized they are the same exact look! The people behind us are there for support but they aren't holding us. I can do headstands in my sleep. All day long. But there's something about lifting that one hand that makes it super tough! I was proud of myself. There were a few other things we did but I haven't found who took those pictures yet...

That's my super awesome hardcore kick my @$$ favorite yoga instructor doing this with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi all, I'm up to 31 minutes on the bike. Wonder if I'll ever get to a point where I like it and don't have to force myself to do it????
A word of advice? If you hate the bike, don't force yourself to do the bike. Move on, find something else. Try new things. If you hate it and treat it like a chore then it becomes a chore. You'll NEVER get to where you want to do it and you won't do it consistently to your best benefit.

Kick it to the curb and find something else. I know activity is activity, but an hour of suck and hate is a heck of a lot longer than an hour of something you love. And you WILL find something you love, you just haven't tried it out yet!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #134

Thanks Heather for the advice. I agree, it's better to like something but it's not the bike itself. That is fine, I actually like it but I just don't like to exercise and sweat. LOL I'm lazy.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #135

I've been doing spring cleaning these last few weeks. I have been able to work like I did 20 years ago. I am so impressed although last night, I could barely get out of the chair. LOL I think I may have overdone it a tad but my house is spotless and so nice to look around and enjoy no webbies and everything so clean and shiny.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #136

Quote:
I've been doing spring cleaning these last few weeks. I have been able to work like I did 20 years ago. I am so impressed although last night, I could barely get out of the chair. LOL I think I may have overdone it a tad but my house is spotless and so nice to look around and enjoy no webbies and everything so clean and shiny.
I love that feeling... I moved to my new place a couple of weeks ago now, and still not unpacked pretty chaotic looking in here, but I don't have the energy to deal with it... I don't know if the depression is adding to my unwillingness to organize my home or if my unwillingness to organize my home is causing more depression.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #137
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I'm stuck with a bunch of stuff to go through, too - it is almost as if I don't want to finish the job - any job. I was ten pounds from goal. Now I am 24 pounds from it. There - I said it. And I'm really mad and ashamed and all that. Little by little I let it slide back on. I have finally seen it and I have spent the last few days eating much better and exercising. Man, this is HARD. I have to lose the weight, clean up my house, and then "get my house in order." On so many levels...
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 188 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #138

HT.... ya, at one point I was well below my personal goal and only 4 lb away from my surgeon's goal, and 6lb under my GP's goal... now I am above all of those goals it's really bumming me out. I don't think I will get into the 160s again.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

I was 198.3 today. I had been down to 183.0 at one point. And, I still want to get down to 174 darn it! So 24 pounds. I am back to basics with lower carb, lower calorie, and exercise. No more bites of bread or sweets. I've scaled back my coffee to one cup a day and my 1/2 and 1/2 tea to one 16oz. homemade bottle as weak as I can stand it. No more whipped cream or flavored creamers, either. All those little indulgences made me lazy and really moved the scale in the wrong direction. Enough is ENOUGH!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #140

Quote:
Thanks Heather for the advice. I agree, it's better to like something but it's not the bike itself. That is fine, I actually like it but I just don't like to exercise and sweat. LOL I'm lazy.
Totally still saying you wouldn't hate to exercise if you found your happy workout. Ask anyone who's found theirs how drastic it changed their outlook on working out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Now I am 24 pounds from it. There - I said it. And I'm really mad and ashamed and all that.
Quote:
So 24 pounds. I am back to basics with lower carb, lower calorie, and exercise. No more bites of bread or sweets. I've scaled back my coffee to one cup a day and my 1/2 and 1/2 tea to one 16oz. homemade bottle as weak as I can stand it. No more whipped cream or flavored creamers, either. All those little indulgences made me lazy and really moved the scale in the wrong direction. Enough is ENOUGH!
Use that anger. Let's kick this crap to the curb! Liquid calories add up. Small bites add up. Do you track? Get yourself a calorie counter and count obsessively for a while. Gradually our perceptions change and we still think we are consuming like we did before. Clearly not since we are both up. I slid on my tracking, but I usually track religiously. I've started again, even if it's two chickpeas while making lunch - I track it. Back to basics for a few for a reset. Time to reset all the rules we know work and we know we need to follow!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #141
Blabbermouth!!!

Deal. What kind of tracker do you suggest? I have never officially done anything like that (since I was about 20...so it has been a while), but I think I should. Jillian Michaels says count calories. She told us about BMR and all that. She also said willpower is like a muscle...it will get fatigued, so remove temptation! There's more, but again, it is too late here for me to type a lot about it. More tomorrow! Let's Do This!!
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #142

HT, many of the tracker sites are no longer allowed to be posted, because of all the ads, sales, and sometimes active forums associated with them (meaning they violate the ToS here, see this link http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...hone-apps.html) so, before anyone accidentally gets themselves in trouble inadvertently violating ToS, here is a link to the tools page which has ones which ARE allowed
Low Carb Friends Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Mary - I had no idea... I'll check those out!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #144

Quote:
Deal. What kind of tracker do you suggest? I have never officially done anything like that (since I was about 20...so it has been a while), but I think I should. Jillian Michaels says count calories. She told us about BMR and all that. She also said willpower is like a muscle...it will get fatigued, so remove temptation! There's more, but again, it is too late here for me to type a lot about it. More tomorrow! Let's Do This!!
My ice cream went down the drain, but not before all the pb bunnies in it when into my mouth. Progress, just not perfect progress. I agree with temptation. I can walk away from an item in the store a million times, but take it home and I can only look at it so long before caving in.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #145

Today:

B - left my yogurt/strawberries at home so it was a mint cookie protein drink
L - Progresso Lentil soup. I drain it and eat it like that so it's less souplike and more bowl of beans like.
s - grapple (with pb? Haven't tried this kind like that!)
D - Forgot to start the beans so now I don't know what's for dinner.
s - not sure - only if I really need one!

Workouts - an hour of Insane Cardio class at the gym. I hope to be off work early enough to get there a half hour early to get some running in on the treadmill. If not I can stay after a bit and get it done too (hopefully I have the energy after class!!!).

I'm sore from my run yesterday - not sure why. Maybe it was the run, followed by yoga, followed by walking around Fair Park for Earth Day until almost 1 lol. Just my groin and hip flexors are sore.

I registered for the ADA DFW Step Out for Diabetes walk next November. It's at the Ballpark if any other Texans are interested!!! I'm also already registered for the Dallas Undy 5000 in October at White Rock Lake. This I'm doing on a team that my bff with Stage 4 colon cancer started.

So that's two more 5k's that I'm for sure doing this year. I'd like to do a 10k or a half next year. But I gotta step that up!

I plan to combat the later evening need to munch by getting in a good workout this evening and hydrating as much as possible.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm having one of those days where I would just lay in bed all day and not do anything. I'm crampy, hormonal, and have a killer headache. I guess today is a day where having a personal trainer really made a difference, because if it were just up to me, I would NOT have gone to the gym. But I did, because to not go would have been to forfeit the session and those things are expensive So I did get my weight training in, but I couldn't push myself for extra cardio afterwards, the headache just won't go away! Still, I'm at 5000 steps for the day so far (walking to and from the gym), and I have to go get my kids at daycare/school in 30 minutes so that should do the other 5000 steps, so at least I'll have met that goal!

Food wise, I'm currently drinking my 2nd protein shake for the day, so I'll be up to 60 grams of protein.

I'm planning on having another shake later, and then maybe half a chicken breast, and a string cheese as a snack? We'll see if I can keep the carb monster at bay tonight. 10pm like clockwork! And now with my period, ugh, it's gonna be hard.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Because my time is so limited today, I will just run by and tell you another thing Jillian said that I took to heart... She said - for some scientific reason I cannot specifically remember - that eating sweets/carbs before bed is especially bad - I sound dumb not being able to tell you why, but just don't do it! I also want to snack at night, but I have been better these past few nights. I have given up all crackers, but might still have some cheese. I gave up cereal, too... I often have a sf fudgicle or two (no more than 2 now...I was up to 4 of the individual-sized buggers...) or I make sf pudding and have some of that. A Greek yogurt is a delicious snack if you aren't opposed to eating that many calories before bed. Or, maybe 1/4 of a protein shake with lots of ice...

Jillian also went into the idea that whole foods are much, much better for us than processed foods, and that if we spend more money on anything it should be for beef that is grass-fed - any meat or fish that is not given corn and/or antibiotics, etc...
She thinks a calorie is a calorie, but think of your calories like dollars and try to spend them as carefully as possible...get the most nutritional bang for your buck, so to speak.

More when I can - so busy right now...
Old 04-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #148

Good food for thought. I wonder if I can find more on this information in one of her books. Right before bed is when I want to eat. Last night I ate one of those apple/grape/cheese things right as I was going to bed. Lesser of the evils. Usually it would be something much different. A protein bar, an nsa ice cream, something "sweet".
Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #149
Blabbermouth!!!

I promise I will post more about it soon... She talked about calories, an "eat this, not that" way of eating, then talked about exercise. Finally, she talked about getting your head straight and being more present in your life. I took a lot of notes. Nothing she said was earth-shattering, but added together at one time, by her, it was worthwhile.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #150

... did a fat fast today
long day, tired... but I wasn't hungry