Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I'm in, Julie. Trust me, I need to be in. Tomorrow is yogurt, protein shakes, and lots of WATER!!
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Woohoo! Yes I'm bad with water, I swear I should just sit here with a shot glass and do a shot every few minutes. I'm really bad!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
So I've been reading this book I got---it's called something like "So stay fat then." It's very black and white about things. I really like it. It just says you have to eat less and move more and that's the only way to lose weight--which is true. It also talks a bit about what to eat and healthy food vs junk. It is really making me think and realize I am a slug. One part that really hit home was about goals. It said some people don't set goals so then they don't feel like a failure. That is me in a nutshell. When younger, I did have lots of goals and achieved them. Since getting obese, having kids, getting older, I basically gave up on life and setting any goals for me. I need to change this and am going to do some serious soul searching today and set some goals. I feel like such a loser.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A loser wouldn't go out of their way to read books and try to get help!

I had my surgery done in Mexico so when I got back home I needed to find a doctor. There's a serious doctor shortage in my area and nobody was taking on new patients. So I went private and found a great doctor, I just have to pay every time I go see her Anyways the point is, it had been years since I had actually had someone willing to listen, and after a few consultations with her she recognized that I had some serious anxiety issues, and also probably OCD (which is an anxiety issue too). So she put me on a med to help with the anxiety, and told me to go to psychotherapy. I took an appointment with a psychologist whose website said she specialized in eating disorders, anxiety, compulsions etc, seemed like a perfect fit. So I go to my appointment and in that appointment I explain how I'm a 35 year old without a driver's license because the thought of driving terrifies me, how I must follow rules and I see everyone else driving breaking them so I would be a DANGEROUS driver, if I had to rigidly follow the rules while those around me broke them. I felt like I wouldn't be able to just "go with the flow" etc. I explained about my insomnia, about the feeling I get in my chest when the phone rings and I just KNOW it's going to be something bad so I don't want to pick it up. How hard it is for me to talk to new people etc. At the end of the meeting you know what she told me? She said I don't need psychotherapy, I just need to lose weight! She said, life is harder for fat people, and when you are no longer fat you won't have these issues anymore!

Well so I'm not doing psychotherapy (who needs to pay 75$ a session to be told that? I mean because thin people have perfect lives right?) but that really lit a fire under my butt. I was angry. Plus I think the meds were starting to kick in So I did something I never ever ever would have in a million years before. I marched up to the gym and right there bought a membership with a private trainer package. And I started walking, and walking, and lifting weights. And lots and lots of positive thinking. Because if I repeat to myself enough times that I love how I feel when I work out and that I'm doing something great, my subconscious will pick up on it and I hope that one day these things can go more on autopilot. That I will just naturally be the person I want to be.

So yes, goals! What do you want your life to be like in 2 years? What are you doing? How do you feel? What can you do today to get yourself on the road to being that person 2 years down the line?

As for me, that's umm, protein shake day
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #95

Wow, Julie, thanks so much for sharing and your post. It made me cry, not in a bad way but in a "I'm not alone" in feeling this way. Kwim?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're definitely not alone. You just need to take the power back, because we are the only ones that can do that for ourselves. We are the architects of our own future, we just get so caught up in the now now now and how we're feeling TODAY that we forget that we need to be looking ahead and adjusting to get to where we need to be. So I just think... is this helping me achieve my goals? If yes then great, if no then I seriously need to consider why I'm doing it.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #97

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
That's probably true. I do not eat much fat in my normal everyday diet. There just wasn't much to choose from as it was an Italian restaurant.
Don't be afraid to ask for things your way. You don't have to order how the menu says it comes. Trust me lol. I modify everything I order!

Quote:
So I've been reading this book I got---it's called something like "So stay fat then." It's very black and white about things. I really like it. It just says you have to eat less and move more and that's the only way to lose weight--which is true. It also talks a bit about what to eat and healthy food vs junk. It is really making me think and realize I am a slug. One part that really hit home was about goals. It said some people don't set goals so then they don't feel like a failure. That is me in a nutshell. When younger, I did have lots of goals and achieved them. Since getting obese, having kids, getting older, I basically gave up on life and setting any goals for me. I need to change this and am going to do some serious soul searching today and set some goals. I feel like such a loser.
Interesting. I like reading things like this. I don't buy into everything in them, but if I come away with one or two interesting tidbits of knowledge to use then I consider it a win.

We set monthly goals in the other thread - did you post some?
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #98
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I love reading things like that, too. I agree, just one or two good things is worth it. That is why I probably am going to go see Jillian Michaels this Thursday.
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #99

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
The past couple of days I don't even know what I ate anymore, not good I can tell you that. Yuck, I feel sick.

I have been on a sea weed kick... yum. There is an Asian market across the street and the olive oil and sea salt sea weed is 1000X better than the plain roasted kind I have had from Ralphs or Stater Bros, and cheaper.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #100

Good morning. Happy Monday---quite the oxymoron, huh? I am pissed at myself. I have really been slacking off. It is now a little past 4 months for me and I am not taking advantage of this honeymoon period.(My eating is fine) I am so dumb. To go through major surgery and the risks involved, not to mention the cost, and then not to do what I'm supposed to do(exercise) it just stupid. Today I am going to exercise. I am going to do a minimum of 40 minutes---doing a combination of my exercise bike and walking. I am also going to get in 100 oz of water. This is the end of my slug period. I am going to aim for 40 minutes of exercise a minimum of 6 days a week. There is NO excuse. I have the time, the equipment and most importantly, the ability. So---those are my goals for the near future. Once this becomes a habit, I will re-evaluate and go from there.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #101

Today so far:

4 lime tortilla chips. I wanted to taste them and the saltiness suckered me in for 4 more.

B - 0% plain Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and Splenda
L - hardboiled egg and cottage cheese (can you tell I overslept and just tossed what I had in the lunchbox?!)
s - mint cookie protein
D - no idea, probably leftovers
s - ?

I'm aiming for at least 100 oz of fluid today (water and tea).

Exercise:

Insane cardio at the gym
Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B- protein shake
Pre workout snack: 1/2 Banana
Post workout food: 1/2 Banana and protein shake
D - Extra lean sirloin patty (probably half of one)
S - Yogurt and raspberries, probably another protein shake :P

Exercise: 10000 steps, full body weight lifting session at the gym, and 20 minutes on the bike as a warmup. Maybe 10 minutes on the rower after the weights if my arms recover. (EVIL EVIL OVERHEAD PRESS!)
Old 04-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #103

B - Irish Cream coffee with half n half and splenda
L - beef
S - 100 cal chobani chocolate coffee yogurt
D - asian chicken salad

walked the dog, walked to work, walked back at lunch, walked the dog, back to work, then back home, walked the dog, walked the dog one more time before bed. lol
Old 04-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #104

Pirngles went in my mouth. They promptly went in the garbage and out to the curb right then too.

B - mint cookie protein.
L - hardboiled egg, 2T hummus, snap peas, cottage cheese
s - apple with pb or mint cookie protein
D - hmmm... last night was a fail so I should plan today. I am super low on frozen protein so shopping is in the plan real soon. Sale ads come out tomorrow.

Last minute enrollment. I'm doing the DFW Truck Farm Fun Run 5k sunday morning at 830 in Fair Park. You stop and plant heirloom seeds and do yoga poses along the run. If you "collect" all the poses you get a prize at the end of the run. It's super low key - would be great for all of those looking to try a 5k in the Dallas area...?

I am volunteering for packet pickup Friday evening and I get a free 5k enrollment so I saved $40 lol! Score!

I have a meeting at the HS for my 8th grader soon to be Freshman tonight. I need to get back into my Insanity workout. I haven't done it since last Wednesday with my anniversary Thursday and the yoga retreat this weekend. I could have done it yesterday but I spent too much time cleaning up after the hubby, kids and dogs last night to GET ready to do it that I never did it lol!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
B-Iced coffee (5 carbs), 2 pieces of chicken sausage (in love with these)
S-premier protein shake-vanilla
L-Not sure yet-taking my son Chickfila for lunch
D-buffalo chicken wraps

Lots of water!

Im just about chickened out! Thinking steak tomorrow.
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #106

B--2 c coffee w/half&half, caramel davinci
Premier choc shake
L--1 ckn thigh
D--Yankee Jambalaya(shrimp, andouillie sausage & veggies)
100 oz min of water

ALready had 67 oz so far.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post
L-Not sure yet-taking my son Chickfila for lunch
Hmmmm.... 4 piece grilled chicken nuggets and a small fruit cup!!! Preceded of course by a large diet sf lemonade. I'll let the food get cold as a sacrifice to drink the lemonade first.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Well, chick fila was super packed-I left. I had a shake instead lol

S-chobani Greek yogurt-pineapple

D- buffalo chicken lettuce wraps
Diet cherry limeade

Going to the gym to lift
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #109

B - Tiramisu flavored coffee with half n half and splenda
L - Salad (mixed veggies, chicken, cheese, ranch, pickle, almonds)
S - Chocolate/coconut cream shake
D - Same salad as for lunch

same walk, walk, walk, and walk then walk some more.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
B - Tiramisu flavored coffee with half n half and splenda
L - Salad (mixed veggies, chicken, cheese, ranch, pickle, almonds)
S - Chocolate/coconut cream shake
D - Same salad as for lunch

same walk, walk, walk, and walk then walk some more.
Are you using flavored syrups? Your coffee's always sound so good. YUM Do you drink regular coffee or decaf?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #111

Quote:
Are you using flavored syrups? Your coffee's always sound so good. YUM Do you drink regular coffee or decaf?
Not this time.... I found a whole bunch of single-pot packets of all different flavored coffees at Ralphs for a dollar something.

I like my coffee really sweet and creamy, and I don't like pouring a bunch of liquid in it. I made a netrition order for monin syrups to try. I like some of the davinci and torani but some (caramel) are yuck even though I like the IDEA of the flavor (I LOVE real caramel). monin has erythitol so I figured it might be thicker or something.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B - Premier Protein shake
Pre workout: 1/2 banana
Post workout: 1/2 banana, protein shake
Supper: 3 oz extra lean sirloin patty with havarti
Snack: Yogurt and raspberries
Snack: Protein shake

Gym day: 20 minute warmup on the bike, full body weight training session with my trainer, 10 minutes on the rower on a higher resistance... and still reach my 10000 steps goal by the end of the day (5-8km walk)

I've been doing strength training for nearly a month now. All of my lifts have improved, I'm up to the point where my grip strength won't keep up with my squats (were using dumbbells) so now I probably have to move on to using the rack and putting the weights on my shoulders. Anyways what I mean to say is that I have a wifi scale that automatically sends my body fat % and my weights to a chart every day, and before this month my lean body mass had been on a decline about as quickly as my fat mass had... and for the past month my lean body mass has stayed more or less equal, the chart has flatlined on that section Soooo... go go lifting heavy weights!

Last edited by Hazelsmrf; 04-17-2013 at 08:18 AM..
Old 04-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #113

Just really not feeling it today, and I'm at my all day boring meeting in Irving so we'll see what goes down. I didn't prepare anything but I had a single serve plain non-fat greek in the fridge to bring. I also brought a strawberry to slice into it.

Water 20 oz so far, 12 oz decaf and now 12 oz decaf mint tea.

B - o% Greek yogurt with sliced strawberries, some fresh pineapple
L - don't know what they are having but I also brought to protein bar or a mint cookie drink just in case.
s - apple w/ pb
D - not sure

Workout - I need to get a run in, and tonight is acro. Don't want to do either.

Ate Pringles last night in bed. Lots of them.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Ate Pringles last night in bed. Lots of them.
I thought you threw them in the garbage! Did you fish them out? Squirt some dish soap in there or something woman!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I thought you threw them in the garbage! Did you fish them out? Squirt some dish soap in there or something woman!
This is the other package. I opened it.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the limited edition cheeseburger flavor Pringles.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ew.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #118

L - chicken, asparagus, salad
s - apple w/pb

tortilla with melted cheese and salsa, cocoa roasted almonds, sf pudding, nsa bread and butter pickles, chips and salsa. All that too. Since getting home. Oh, and a strawberry.

It's not like before where I would just eat tons of stuff, I mean I just ate a lot of stuff, but it was a little bit of each - not all of each.

Still. It was eating out of emotional exhaustion and it was completely unnecessary.

151. I've gone up 7 pounds in about a week from eating crap. Water obviously, but I feel every bit of it.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #119

Heather, sorry you are having such a tough time. HUGS
Old 04-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #120

yesterday

b - flavored coffee with cream and splenda
l - 1/2 container low carb chili with cheese and sour cream
d - hummus, whole grain crackers, cheese, half an apple (higher carb than normal, but someone else made the plate for me and it was not horribly bad and very yum)

today

b - sugar free vanilla iced coffee and sausage with cheese
l - other half of low carb chili, cheese, sour cream... may add green onion
d - I have a ton of squash that i need to cook, will have some of that and maybe a protein shake

I did not get enough protein yesterday

both days... walk walk walk

I have allergies again, I thought they were done for a while

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey