Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Oh no, my dog once ate 3 lbs of RAW tilapia I had on the kitchen island and I went to the bathroom too.

LOL My dog last ate up all my 11 year olds beef jerky
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Okay, I feel so much better having made that decision - and there is only one of the sf marshmallow eggs left in the breakroom. I feel 10 times less bloated and gassy already knowing I won't be able to grab any and eat them at home. Don't come in my office today though! Tomorrow should be better.

I'm going back to my Insane Cardio class tonight at the gym. Take my own advice and just do it. Followed by Insanity Week 2 day 1 when I get home. Or maybe vice versa.

You know, I was worried about not being able to run Saturday because I've slacked on it for a while now. I didn't do too bad! I walked a bunch of it with my hubby but I ran the first and last miles and it was good. I felt awesome running again.

I use a running app; It helps to keep me accountable. The PACU supervisor called me out on not having logged a run since last July - which of course was my last 5k. I'd done a few treadmill runs since then, but not many!

Last edited by Maryposa; 04-09-2013 at 05:46 AM.. Reason: removed request to know if others use running apps
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
You are so dedicated Heather! You inspire me to do better. You got me off the couch and getting walks\jogs started 3 to 5 days per week so far but I know I need more. When the weather gets better, I hope to get 6 days per week.

I'm so intrigued by the Insanity workouts! The weather wouldn't be an issue if I did those.
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
You are so dedicated Heather! You inspire me to do better. You got me off the couch and getting walksjogs started 3 to 5 days per week so far but I know I need more. When the weather gets better, I hope to get 6 days per week.

I'm so intrigued by the Insanity workouts! The weather wouldn't be an issue if I did those.
That is awesome!! I love Insanity so far. It's tough, but you do what you can and the next day you do a little more and you just build. He has you do the "fit test" every 2 weeks so you can see your improvement.

Went back to the gym today for my Insane Cardio class. He asked if I'd fallen off the face of the fitness world and I laughed and said yup. Told him about my car accident and ribs and all that stuff. Then I burned a million calories!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #65

It's amazing what one day of cleaner eating (minus the Peeps in the morning of course!) can do for you!!! I'm significantly less bloated, still holding a little water, but tons better. Scale was at 150 yesterday morning and 147.9 this morning, so downward trending is good. I just have to keep it trending down. Wanted to eat something last night before bed, but I wasn't hungry - just bored and it had become a habit to grab a sf candy or a protein bar on the way to bed. I made my meals for today and several chickpeas and sugar snap peas found their way into my mouth, but overall not bad. Ended the day at just a smidge over 1700 calories, which is good. But I added nuts, dried cherries, and avocado to get up there during the day. That's about 450 calories in those three things alone, so I'll need to do some tweaking to my regular meals to get more calories in each one - otherwise I'd be consistently under 1300, which I don't like. Dinner was one of those little grocery things with sliced apples, grapes and cheese. And a bit of macaroni and cheese - all accounted for in the calories. I would have eaten the grilled chicken but it wasn't ready until 10pm and I had already had the apple etc post gym.

So today:

20 oz of water before breakfast.
B - 0% Fage, splenda, frozen strawberries
L - chicken breast, cottage cheese, pepperoncinis, chickpeas, spinach, snap peas. Sounds like a lot but total volume about 1 cup.
S - apple w/pb or mint cookie protein.
D - leftover chicken probably

Workout - Insanity, maybe yoga class after that
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Umm today is grocery day so I'm scrounging:

Premier Protein shake
Half of a broccoli stuffed chicken breast
Premier Protein shake

That's 400 cals/71 grams of protein. I may just add another protein shake and call it done (101 grams of protein) or do an egg and ham omelette (84 grams of protein). If I do the egg/ham I'll probably add a string cheese as an evening snack to reach 90 grams.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #67

Lunch was yummy. My fave part was the addition of the peas. Satisfied but not stuffed, and high protein low fat!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #68

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Yesterday I was back on track as planned
B - coffee shake
L - beef marinated in soy sauce, ginger, green onion, and a bit of erythitol
D - Salad (mixed greens) with a tiny bit of chicken, plus ranch, pickle and cheese
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #69

Today

B - coffee and then sausage patty with cheese
S - more coffee
L - more sausage patty with cheese (I need to go grocery shopping!)
D - Not sure, have plans with friends so might stop and get a lettuce-wrapped charbroiled chicken sandwhich at Carl's Jr... then I will go to the grocery store!!! lol

I walked to work, then back at lunch, then back to work after lunch, and home... plus by the time I go to bed I will have walked my dog 4X .... so I am at minimum 3 miles today
Old 04-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Yesterday I was back on track as planned
B - coffee shake
L - beef marinated in soy sauce, ginger, green onion, and a bit of erythitol
D - Salad (mixed greens) with a tiny bit of chicken, plus ranch, pickle and cheese
Your lunch sounds tasty!

Quote:
Today

B - coffee and then sausage patty with cheese
S - more coffee
L - more sausage patty with cheese (I need to go grocery shopping!)
D - Not sure, have plans with friends so might stop and get a lettuce-wrapped charbroiled chicken sandwhich at Carl's Jr... then I will go to the grocery store!!! lol

I walked to work, then back at lunch, then back to work after lunch, and home... plus by the time I go to bed I will have walked my dog 4X .... so I am at minimum 3 miles today
You're totally gonna meet the challenge at this rate!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #71

Heather, it WAS tasty. I love sweet/salty/garlicy Asain sauces but don't love the sugar lol I bought a bunch of seasonings and sesame oil/seeds etc (which I forgot to mention in the marinade from lunch).

I did get the lettuce-wrapped charbroiled chicken sandwhich (no tomato) from Carl's Jr but did NOT go to the grocery store... which means breakfast is a coffee shake, lunch is beef and for dinner probably more beef lol

It might turn out to be an unintentional "zero carb" "fast" tomorrow lol because I am COMPLETELY out of veggies... not even a solitary broccoli spear.... not even frozen... not even CANNED (ew).

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #72

PS... wishing I had a pedometer!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #73

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi all. I am not going to meet the challenge this week. I have not been feeling well. Actually on Sunday and Monday I was worried something serious was wrong with my stomach. Pain and more pain and I don't know why. It would come and go but for a few hours midday on Sunday, I had to lay down and just try and breath. It was not good. I feel better but my stomach still feels off. I've been pushing the water and just trying to get through it all.

My ds14 is home sick with a sore throat, cough and cold. I sure hope I don't get that too.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #74

Quote:
Heather, it WAS tasty. I love sweet/salty/garlicy Asain sauces but don't love the sugar lol I bought a bunch of seasonings and sesame oil/seeds etc (which I forgot to mention in the marinade from lunch).

I did get the lettuce-wrapped charbroiled chicken sandwhich (no tomato) from Carl's Jr but did NOT go to the grocery store... which means breakfast is a coffee shake, lunch is beef and for dinner probably more beef lol

It might turn out to be an unintentional "zero carb" "fast" tomorrow lol because I am COMPLETELY out of veggies... not even a solitary broccoli spear.... not even frozen... not even CANNED (ew).
I keep a stock of frozen veggies - probably too many! I buy the steamfresh ones when they go on sale and just pricematch at WM. I usually get them for 88 cents a bag. Less if there's a coupon. So I get at least 10 at a time.

The only canned things I buy are tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and beans. Oh, and soup. I buy a lot of raw veggies because *I* prefer to eat them that way (family not so much) and then use the frozen for dinners. I just bought a squash and a zucchini and I can't wait to slice them up and eat them with hummus! Mmmmmmm!

Haha nothing wrong with zero carb days!

Quote:
I had several at one time before I started decluttering my cabinets. If I happen across anymore I'll msg you. Actually... let me double check... one of them I got free online from a health program. I'll PM you.

Quote:
Hi all. I am not going to meet the challenge this week. I have not been feeling well. Actually on Sunday and Monday I was worried something serious was wrong with my stomach. Pain and more pain and I don't know why. It would come and go but for a few hours midday on Sunday, I had to lay down and just try and breath. It was not good. I feel better but my stomach still feels off. I've been pushing the water and just trying to get through it all.

My ds14 is home sick with a sore throat, cough and cold. I sure hope I don't get that too.
I hope it's not something serious! Pain in the stomach post WLS is not good! Do you think it's gas or constipation? Stomach bug?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #75

I just have to say - even when you think you are doing okay and staying close enough within reason it's super easy to underestimate yourself. If also goes to show that even if your calories are in range it's the type of food you are eating, not neccesarily the amounts. For real. I committed to better eating Monday (after the Peeps!) and I'm almost 7 pounds down since then. In less than a week. By cutting crap, eating what I know I should be eating, hydrating and working out. And being honest with myself about it all. The scale was 150 Monday morning, yesterday it was 147 and today 143. Yes, it's probably water but it's still weight! And I look and feel better already.

Today:

No water yet. I forgot it on the way to work so I missed my 20 oz before breakfast.

B - 0% Fage, frozen strawberries, splenda
L - chicken breast, cottage cheese, chickpeas, pepperoncini peppers, spinach and sugar snap peas (both raw).
s - apple or mint cookie protein
D - something quick and legal. Wicked tickets tonight!!! Awesome seats too. Our original night was next Thursday but that's chemo day for my BFF so we changed and only night available was opening night in the Producer's Circle... a $50 upgrade charge but worth it!!!

Workout - Insanity if I can fit it in between getting off work and getting ready for Wicked. I gotta look it up to see how long it is today... ugh 42 minutes of Plyometric Cardio Circuit!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I love my Fitbit! I also have the Fitbit Aria scale so all that stuff can automatically sync to one of those tracker websites we don't mention
Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I hope it's not something serious! Pain in the stomach post WLS is not good! Do you think it's gas or constipation? Stomach bug?
I know, I was crying on Sunday thinking I might have to go to the ER. I think it's gas as constipation isn't an issue. Or a stomach bug. It's weird how it comes and goes. I need to mellow out my eating and cut out anything that can aggravate my tummy---I'm dumb to drink coffee in the morning although I couldn't even finish 1 cup on Monday. It is lots better today.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I love my Fitbit! I also have the Fitbit Aria scale so all that stuff can automatically sync to one of those tracker websites we don't mention
I use a BodyMedia Fit Link and a Withings scale. Different route but same concept. And I love how they all work together to keep me realistic and honest!

Quote:
I know, I was crying on Sunday thinking I might have to go to the ER. I think it's gas as constipation isn't an issue. Or a stomach bug. It's weird how it comes and goes. I need to mellow out my eating and cut out anything that can aggravate my tummy---I'm dumb to drink coffee in the morning although I couldn't even finish 1 cup on Monday. It is lots better today.
Could very well be gas then. I get some extremely painful bouts of gas that pretty much make me want to cry. Chewable or liquid simethicone and laying on my left side help it pass. It's always when I don't eat the right kind of foods. No gas since Monday when I went clean lol, but there are times I'd look 6-8 months pregnant!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #79

Quote:
I use a BodyMedia Fit Link and a Withings scale. Different route but same concept. And I love how they all work together to keep me realistic and honest!

Could very well be gas then. I get some extremely painful bouts of gas that pretty much make me want to cry. Chewable or liquid simethicone and laying on my left side help it pass. It's always when I don't eat the right kind of foods. No gas since Monday when I went clean lol, but there are times I'd look 6-8 months pregnant!!!
On Sunday, when it was the worst, I did lay on my left side and it helped. I did have some calamari cause I went out Saturday night with dh, first time since wls. It was an Italian place and there wasn't anything more appropriate. That's probably what it was/is. I haven't been getting in my protein and stuff properly not feeling well. I will start RIGHT NOW. Today I have been good---protein shake, protein burger for lunch, plenty of water and fajitas with veggies for dinner. No snacking---not hungry.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Cheezits
Popcorn chicken
^^^^^^^^^ horrible

D-salad and lemon pepper rotisserie chicken

Did go to the gym-did weights only. Didn't feel like sweating lol but I will tomorrow. I am also going to turn in my paperwork for the trainer.
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm the crazy person that sweats more with weighs than cardio After doing my 3 reps of squats I was dripping water all over the floor, gross.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #82

Quote:
I did have some calamari cause I went out Saturday night with dh, first time since wls.
Fried? High fat foods are notorious for causing gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
I'm the crazy person that sweats more with weighs than cardio After doing my 3 reps of squats I was dripping water all over the floor, gross.
If I'm not dripping sweat lol I'm not done working out.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #83

Quote:
Fried? High fat foods are notorious for causing gas.

Yes

If I'm not dripping sweat lol I'm not done working out.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #84

I would take that as a sign that you are sensitive to fats and try to keep them on the lower side. SF foods (sugar acohols!) and fattier foods give me horrible gas. Avocado not so much, but if it's a greasier fat then it will. I don't eat those 99.99% of the time for that reason. Just the occasional stolen tator tot.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #85

It's been such a busy week. I haven't hit my workout goals every day this week, but that's okay. I have a weekend full of healthy eating and workouts about to kick off here in just a bit!

Wednesday night I went to see Wicked. We had super awesome seats in row K in the Producer's Circle - that's 11 rows from the stage! I didn't get to bed until about 1am.

Thursday morning I got up super early to head out to Grapevine at 445am to support a go live. That's about an hour drive from me without traffic and I had to be there at 6:15. Thankfully at 5am there IS no traffic until I hit 360.

Thursday night was support group. Also my 15 year wedding anniversary. Hubby was sick so I went to group, then came home and made him lemon bars, spaghetti w/whole wheat pasta, garlic bread and a cesear salad. I had a protein drink followed by an apple lol.

Then this morning was the kick off for the employee giving campaign that I volunteered to be on. So I was at work at 6:30 handing out breakfast burritos and salsa.

I had to hit the decaf coffee this morning because it at least makes me FEEL like I'm waking up. I don't do any more caffeine than a glass of tea, and usually that's decaf. So...

Today:
B - mint cookie protein at 7am
L - not sure, I packed the usual - chicken breast, cottage cheese, pepperoncini peppers, chickpeas, raw spinach and snap peas - but I'm hoping to leave work here soon to tie up some loose ends before my retreat this week.
s - mint cookie protein or apple w/pb
D - this will be at the retreat. I asked for the menu and she worked with my restrictions, even emailing me her recipes! southwestern vegetarian chili (gluten and dairy free, made mainly using health food store canned veggies.) Toppings options include tortilla chips, cheese or vegan cheese and sour cream

I'll have to supplement with protein but I've pre-packaged mint cookie into servings and have pure protein bars. I'm going to pick up individual servings of plain ff greek yogurt and maybe some nuts to bring as well for breakfasts. Those are sweet and carby and I don't do that lol.

Workouts - Rock Body and soul Master Class (2 hours). ROck Body is the trademark name for his power core class.

Perhaps Insanity if I get off work early enough to get it all in.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #86

I'm also going to post my weekend because I don't know if I'll be getting on.

From the menu that was sent me:

Saturday

B - Oatmeal w/ topping options: raisins & dates, sliced almonds and brown sugar or honey (This will be instant organic oatmeal.) Fresh fruit - apples, bananas, oranges (I will be swapping for greek yogurt topped with the dates, fruit and almonds)

S - Raw veggies, triscuits and jack cheese slices, salsa (I'll have the veggies and some cottage cheese or hummus)

L - Warm Pita Bread with Hummus
(gluten free health food store pita bread, as well as a white brand)
Tomato Soup - gluten and dairy free, made using canned veggies.
Fresh fruit (She is making lentil soup as well since I cannot have the tomato - too much sugar. I'll supplement with some protein.

S - Fresh Fruit (I'll add pb or cottage cheese or nuts)

D - Burgers - Bean or Beef - Bean option will be GardenBurger Black Bean. Beef will be all-natural Angus Beef.
Sweet Potato Fries (frozen)
Raw Salad (i'll probably have a bit of beef if not dry and some raw veggies from the salad)

Sunday

B - Raisin Bread - All natural gluten free brand from Ann's
(Earth's Best spread, butter or fruit spread)
Fresh Fruit (again, greek yogurt with fruit for me)

S - Almonds and Raisins (I'll have protein)
raw veggies

I have to make modifications to almost every meal, but I do that anyway. It's a vegetarian menu except for that last dinner.

Workouts -

Friday
7:30-9:30 Rock Body and Soul w/ Bruce

Saturday
11:15-1:15 Yin/Yang w/ Jen and Bruce

7:00-9:00 Partner/Acro Yoga w/ Jen and Bruce

Sunday
9:15-10:30 Mini Inversion & Arm Balance Workshop
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think I'm doing a protein shake day. I've been snacking these past few days and I need to cut that out right away. Not much but last night my husband had a plate of fries and I nabbed a few of em. And I ate a cracker when I was making my son's snack, and blah blah blah. Little things, surely less than 100 calories all added up but it's the principle of the thing! I want to eat *mindfully* not mindlessly. If I want a cracker I want to plan for it and log it, not just grab it because it's there (and I wasn't even hungry).

Exercise wise, yesterday I walked about 5 miles, 25 minutes on the stationary bike, I did a one hour weight training session with my personal trainer (my overhead press suuuuuuuucks, I feel like i'm dying with only 12.5 pounds per hand), and then ended it up with about 15 minutes on the rower. Wheee that rower is FUN!

Today it's a much calmer day. Just walking. I'm doing spurts on the treadmill throughout the day until I've reached my 5 miles. No gym today. It's actually snowing and NASTY outside!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #88

Quote:
I would take that as a sign that you are sensitive to fats and try to keep them on the lower side. SF foods (sugar acohols!) and fattier foods give me horrible gas. Avocado not so much, but if it's a greasier fat then it will. I don't eat those 99.99% of the time for that reason. Just the occasional stolen tator tot.
That's probably true. I do not eat much fat in my normal everyday diet. There just wasn't much to choose from as it was an Italian restaurant.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
It is encouraging to see people doing things the right way... I've been grabbing crackers, bread with apple butter, etc... Tomorrow I am also doing a protein shake day (with maybe a yogurt...). Actually, I think I'll do a yogurt and protein shake weekend. I need to get back to basics. I gained .4 again this week. Thats'a 1.8 gain in two weeks. That has GOT to stop. Exercise is okay - I can't work out tonight (daughter's soccer game), but I plan on walking in our relay for life walk tomorrow and then again on Sunday.

I am totally wiped out from this week. I hope I can get some me time this weekend.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welllllllllll the protein shake day didn't really go as planned. I started out well, then realized that I only had two protein shakes left, so I had to go to Costco. And well, they were sampling this awesome brie and goat cheese, lamb shank, and beef sausage. Welp, that's a full meal for me I guess! They were also sampling the Premier Protein protein bars, I drink their shakes (that was the whole reason for my trip to Costco) but there's just way too many carbs in them so I did turn those down.

Anyways, tomorrow, protein shake day, pinkie swear!