Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
WLS Wagon - April Already!

Just getting us started for the new month!

We've gotten away from setting our monthly goals - does anyone have anything they'd like to accomplish this month?

I have a few but let me think them through and I'll come back and post them!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Melodye
Stats: 209/199/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2, 2014
My goals for this month are:
1. To drink at least 64 ounces of water daily
2. To exercise 5 days a week
3. To lose 8 pounds this month
4. To stay on lc eating plan
Melodye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #3

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
April has not been good for me so far. My stomach was bothering me yesterday probably due to eating stuff I wasn't stupposed to eat and too much of the stuff I was. Sigh. This surgery DID NOT fix my brain. Wish they had a surgery for that! Now my hair is falling out in bunches. I have stopped washing it daily and try to stretch it to 2 or 3 days so I don't have to detangle and lose even more. I am not a happy camper. I knew this was coming but didn't want to face it. It will be 4 months tomorrow for me.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
I'm here for April. March was a doozie! I am currently not working-trying to get my mom fixed-still! I know a few of you are in Texas-that isn't far from me so if anyone knows of a good revision surgeon-let me know!

I am going low carb and will eventually do a Whole30 challenge. Need to get back on track to reach goal this year!

Rejoined the Y and am going to hire a trainer ASAP
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post
I know a few of you are in Texas-that isn't far from me so if anyone knows of a good revision surgeon-let me know!

I am going low carb and will eventually do a Whole30 challenge. Need to get back on track to reach goal this year!

Rejoined the Y and am going to hire a trainer ASAP
I sent you a msg about a revision doc in Dallas.

I need to google Whole30, haven't heard of it.

I want a trainer.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #6

Goals: Get back on track from my recent derailment!!!

1. Back to workouts. I think I'm healed enough that I can stop still on the couch and start moving again. I'd like to be back up at my 5-6 times a week level but let's shoot for 3 times a week minimum.

2. Fluids - up 'em. Minimum of 80 oz a day, preferably 100.

3. Food. Enough with the boredom eating. My eating can be QUITE out of control in the late evenings when I have nothing else to do but sit and watch TV. Get the intake under control and only eat when my BODY needs food, not when my mind does.

I'm 3 pounds up from "home" weight. Consistently 3 pounds up, not bouncing 3 pounds up. Bouce weight is about 2 pounds up from that. Ugh. Just goes to show you HOW MUCH working out really plays in this equation. My activity is down and my food is up.

This month is a busy one, time to set things straight again and just stop before it gets worse.

When I say 3 pounds up realize it's 3 pounds from my new accepted happy normal. That's 12-13 total from my all time low, which is a weight that I've stopped stressing over being again.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
My goals are to drink more fluids, eat more protein, and less sugar.
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
My April goal is to weigh 182.something sometime this month. I hear several of us having the same issues, and I am fed up (pardon the pun) with myself! I will weigh in the morning, but suspect I am up over 195. Very unhappy with myself. I had a decent day today - avoided carbs and even got through a meal at Olive Graden without incident (I still have over half the meal for lunch tomorrow). Working at drinking more water and eating less food! Going to go to the gym with my stepmother again tomorrow for a good workout. Aiming for exercising 5 days a week this month and getting down to 182.9. I have to get a hold on this before I start to really slide. I WANT to weigh 179 (at least for a few days) and I want to keep my weight between 179 - 184.
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 188 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #9

My April goal is to drink more water, limit my coffee to 1 cup a day and lose 10 pounds. I also have to exercise. I am so bad at that.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #10

I think everyone's goals are great so far! Everyone seems to have similar goals this month, I guess we all kind of derailed on the same sort of things.

A few goal tips - because I teach goal setting for patient stays at work to the nurses. maybe this will help us all stick to them better.

It's easy to say "Exercise more" as a goal. But it also gives you too much leeway to fudge at the end of the month during your evaluation period.

So rather than set the above goal I would set one that read:

"I will exercise a minimum of a hour three times a week this month."

Much more measurable and less room for interpretation. That's my *goal*. It's S.M.A.R.T. Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timed. Using that format makes me accountable to my goals and doesn't allow me to bend them to fit what I want at the end of the month - which is TOTALLY something I would totally do for justification if I left my goals generic. I know me too well.

I just wanted to share that with everyone to show how I set and use my goals to keep honest with myself.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #11

Oh and FYI this Insanity stuff WORKS! Day two and I'm sore! Yesterday's 45 minute workout burned 302 calories lol. And I felt every one of them melt away. Then I ate them back in sf Russell Stover's candies (which doesn't take very many lol), but still - that's 302 burned in less than an hour! Every muscle in my body is sore. I'm still guarding my core because of the ribs, I didn't go as all out on those parts of the workout so I imagine if I had it would have been more like 400-450 burned.

It's hard core though, and easy to just turn off the DVD and say forget this. So you have to *really* just keep pushing through it. One of the reasons I don't like home workouts as much - I could just turn off the tv and no one would be the wiser.

This has me wanting to get back to my Monday Insane Cardio class at the gym. It's just like this and there's a group to keep you accountable for not coming or not staying and pushing through.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #12

Anyone up for a challenge?

How about for the remainder of this week (today through Sunday) we challenge ourselves to get a MINIMUM of 64 ounces of water. That's eight 8 oz glasses. That's the minimum amount a body needs. I'd like to see us all get more, but bare minimum 60 oz.

And we can do another challenge next week. I'm thinking 30 minutes *extra* activity (extra meaning outside of our typical daily routines - so if you typically walk a lot for your profession then you must do 30 minutes of something else active outside of that) a day. You can bank - extra on some days, less on others - so it'd be a total of 210 minutes for the week. Thoughts or suggestions for other challenges?

I'd like to see us try to do a different one a week. Maybe?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Posting from central Florida I've been relaxing with my parents and their friends. They spend their winters in a small retirement community west of Orlando. I've been enjoying swimming (okay more like floating on an air matress although I do roll off once in awhile and swim a few laps) in the pool, reading on the patio covered in jasmine vines, and shopping at Dillard's ~ all things I can't really do in Minnesota, or at least not until June. If you were looking to buy a few Ruby Road things on clearance in the Dillards near Winter Haven, don't bother, I've already cleaned out the clearance rack. I'm taking a break from tracking this week, but still eating on plan. My parents eat a very healthy diet so it is not difficult to eat with restraint in their home, there are no trigger foods around. My dh and ds sound like they are surviving without me, my dh even made them an Easter dinner

My goals for April: I'm getting physical therapy for my ankle. Goal is to do all recommended stretches and execises each day so I can get my foot back online!

goal: I haven't been making it to workout with any steady frequency the last 2 weeks of March. Goal: in addition to my PT stretches, I will go to my gym 2 times a week. I know that seems a little low, but I've only been making it once a week, so if I start with 2, then I will add another making 3 times a week by the end of the month.

goal: My weight loss has slowed to about 5 pounds a month. I am happy with the way i eat and I track carefully; I do have some indulgences occasionally, a bite of someone's dessert, 3 ounces of red wine .... I am mulling over doing a few weeks of very strict lowcarb eating to see if I can blast off the next 11 pounds a little faster. I need to consider this carefully. I do not feel deprived eating the way I do and I still am losing, but I need to be mentally prepared that I might have to step it up even more to actually get to my first goal. so my goal right now is spend some time reflecting.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
goal: My weight loss has slowed to about 5 pounds a month. I am happy with the way i eat and I track carefully; I do have some indulgences occasionally, a bite of someone's dessert, 3 ounces of red wine .... I am mulling over doing a few weeks of very strict lowcarb eating to see if I can blast off the next 11 pounds a little faster. I need to consider this carefully. I do not feel deprived eating the way I do and I still am losing, but I need to be mentally prepared that I might have to step it up even more to actually get to my first goal. so my goal right now is spend some time reflecting.
You are still well within your "magic" weight loss period - where you will lose weight regardless of small indulgences. I would say that the weight will probably come off in time as is. However, cutting back will take it off quicker. One other thing you want to watch out for is that once you hit a certain time frame post op the indulgences *will* slow or stop your weight loss. Because by then small indulgences (for a lot of people but by all means not all) have started to become more and more frequent and they are all that much harder to overcome.

Mine isn't desserts or wine, I abstain from both for my own reasons, but breads, that damn popcorn they sell downstairs, and sf/nsa treats are my indulgences. And while they started out small and few - they got much much bigger.

I say enjoy what you want, but be watchful for the slide. It becomes more important in about a year or so. Look at what everyone about 2 1/2-3 years is posting about - we're all struggling with the same things.

Totally jealous of it by the way, I miss my "magic" honeymoon period. Mine lasted until about 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 years post op.

ETA: Oh and absolutely not meant to say or make anything bad about what you do or eat! I just reread and hope that it doesn't come across that way!!! I think you are doing awesome, I was just posting something that I wish I had realized or known in hindsight.

Last edited by myyellowstang; 04-03-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
I've heard a lot of good things about that P90X. I'm sooo curious!! I'll be watching for your posts about it. If you like it, maybe I'll try it =)

Down 3lbs today. Yay! it's day 9 Induction and so far 5lbs total lost.

My husband is very upset that he gained. He was doing really well, then ate 2 pieces of pizza last night. I told him to try just eating the toppings but he thought he would be ok eating the crust too. He gained. So now he's down 2lbs in 9 days and I'm down 5lbs. Woohoo, go Atkins Induction!! =)
Bringing you over from the March thread. The Insanity is kicking my tail lol. And I've only done 2 days. I can see how it's transformational! I'm not following the meal plan, just the workouts.

I say go for it. Do what you can. At one point I was just jogging in place lol to catch my breath from all the cardio bursts!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Anyone up for a challenge?

How about for the remainder of this week (today through Sunday) we challenge ourselves to get a MINIMUM of 64 ounces of water. That's eight 8 oz glasses. That's the minimum amount a body needs. I'd like to see us all get more, but bare minimum 60 oz.

And we can do another challenge next week. I'm thinking 30 minutes *extra* activity (extra meaning outside of our typical daily routines - so if you typically walk a lot for your profession then you must do 30 minutes of something else active outside of that) a day. You can bank - extra on some days, less on others - so it'd be a total of 210 minutes for the week. Thoughts or suggestions for other challenges?

I'd like to see us try to do a different one a week. Maybe?
Ok, I'm in. I already drank 80 oz of water so far.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #17

Quote:
I think everyone's goals are great so far! Everyone seems to have similar goals this month, I guess we all kind of derailed on the same sort of things.

A few goal tips - because I teach goal setting for patient stays at work to the nurses. maybe this will help us all stick to them better.

It's easy to say "Exercise more" as a goal. But it also gives you too much leeway to fudge at the end of the month during your evaluation period.

So rather than set the above goal I would set one that read:

"I will exercise a minimum of a hour three times a week this month."

Much more measurable and less room for interpretation. That's my *goal*. It's S.M.A.R.T. Specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timed. Using that format makes me accountable to my goals and doesn't allow me to bend them to fit what I want at the end of the month - which is TOTALLY something I would totally do for justification if I left my goals generic. I know me too well.

I just wanted to share that with everyone to show how I set and use my goals to keep honest with myself.
Good advice. I knew my exercise goal was wishy washy when I posted. I need to figure out how much I can realistically do and I will post it tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GS Fan
Stats: 358/235/150(-123 so far!)
WOE: WLS/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: Jan2013/SurgeryJuly2013
Hello all -
My goal this month is to stick to my program from the dietician. I am starting my second month of my required 3 month program as a preop. I am down 16.8 pounds for my first month. Hoping to lose 50 pounds (or as close to that as possible) before my surgery.
GS Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #19

Ok--I need some advice. I am a slug. I have not exercised in basically years. I want to get stronger. I want my core to be strong. I want to be able to open jars by myself and not have to ask my 14 y.o. football lineman! LOL I will be starting to walk or bike soon. What would be my next best exercise to add??? Light weight training with high reps? I also want to tone. Heather---I expect you will have some advice, at least I hope so.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSFan View Post
Hello all -
My goal this month is to stick to my program from the dietician. I am starting my second month of my required 3 month program as a preop. I am down 16.8 pounds for my first month. Hoping to lose 50 pounds (or as close to that as possible) before my surgery.
Good job and welcome. I didn't lose anything preop.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
April has not been good for me so far. My stomach was bothering me yesterday probably due to eating stuff I wasn't stupposed to eat and too much of the stuff I was. Sigh. This surgery DID NOT fix my brain. Wish they had a surgery for that! Now my hair is falling out in bunches. I have stopped washing it daily and try to stretch it to 2 or 3 days so I don't have to detangle and lose even more. I am not a happy camper. I knew this was coming but didn't want to face it. It will be 4 months tomorrow for me.
Oh I was soooo sad when my hair started falling out. It was scary. Now at 9 months things are fine again, and I am not bald and probably no one but me and my hairdresser actually knew I lost a lot of hair. I bought some volumnizing hair products (don't know if I am allowed to post actual names?) one that I sprayed on damp hair and then also the hair spray. The plumper up type stuff really helped give my hair some extra volumn. It will stop falling out eventually.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You are still well within your "magic" weight loss period - where you will lose weight regardless of small indulgences. I would say that the weight will probably come off in time as is. However, cutting back will take it off quicker. One other thing you want to watch out for is that once you hit a certain time frame post op the indulgences *will* slow or stop your weight loss. Because by then small indulgences (for a lot of people but by all means not all) have started to become more and more frequent and they are all that much harder to overcome.

Mine isn't desserts or wine, I abstain from both for my own reasons, but breads, that damn popcorn they sell downstairs, and sf/nsa treats are my indulgences. And while they started out small and few - they got much much bigger.

I say enjoy what you want, but be watchful for the slide. It becomes more important in about a year or so. Look at what everyone about 2 1/2-3 years is posting about - we're all struggling with the same things.

Totally jealous of it by the way, I miss my "magic" honeymoon period. Mine lasted until about 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 years post op.

ETA: Oh and absolutely not meant to say or make anything bad about what you do or eat! I just reread and hope that it doesn't come across that way!!! I think you are doing awesome, I was just posting something that I wish I had realized or known in hindsight.
I think about the slippery slope a lot and the struggles to maintain. One of the things I really try to monitor is did I feel in control or were the impulses controlling me? I was at a party a couple of weeks ago and I dished out a bit of dip and a few potato chips ~ a planned indulgence~ I quickly discovered the planned part of it was not going "according to plan" as I found myself standing by the bowl with the familiar hand to mouth motion in action, and my sleeve was NOT helping. Scary. I recognized that feeling immediately, but it took me by surprise how quick it came on. So I learned that I can't handle chips and dip (perhaps my most favorite face stuffing food combo) and that we can NEVER but never have them in our house. For me out of control feeling about any food, even on plan foods, means I need to implement a strategy from my arsenal to get back in control. I've even sat down and written out a bullet pointed plan when I'm feeling the demon breath on my neck to get myself back on track NOW. The struggle is never completly gone, but I do LOVE LOVE the feeling of being in control so I'm working hard to learn how to maintain it. I learn things here everyday that help me fight the good fight, and you and so many others are so generous with your support.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

I think a lot of the success anyone has with weight loss is about becoming very mindful of what you eat. What you eat, why you eat, trigger foods, "safe" foods, measuring or weighing foods, timing your eating, timing your drinking... Remembering protein, limiting indulgences, etc... Heather is right - a couple of years out and the honeymoon is very much over and you're faced with the rest of your life to maintain. Maintain a healthy weight with healthy eating and healthy moving. I've put on about 10 pounds and it has been a bugger to work off, mostly because I have been allowing too much sliding! Personally, I need a goal to work towards that really means something to me. Mine, I guess, is my brother (who hasn't seen me since I had the tummy tuck and thigh surgeries) is probably coming to my area for a temporary work situation for about 10 days in the beginning of May. I really want to get back down to my all-time low for that.

Heather - I will start with the water tomorrow. I am close today, but I am really sleep-deprived these days and I just don't want to be up a bunch of times tonight! Tomorrow I am all about the water. I'll try for 32oz. before 9AM for starters.

Had another good workout at my stepmom's gym. I really like that place. I may not be one of the most fit or pretty people there, but darnit, I'm more fit and I'd like to think more attractive than I've been in about 25 years. Anyone hating can kiss my keister!

So Ladies, opinions. Jillian Michaels is coming to Clearwater to give a motivational talk I guess you would call it in a few weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about her. I don't dislike her, but I'm not sure how much I like her...and not sure if it is worth the drive and ticket price to go listen. On the other hand, she might have something really great to say that could inspire me. What would you do? All opinions are good ones!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 04-03-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Also...if you are in the market for some inexpensive workout clothes try Walmart. The Walmarts I go to have both received big shipments of I think they're Danskin (maybe) shorts, tanks, pants, and jackets. I think the tank and shorts I bought were maybe $6.87 each... At those prices it doesn't hurt as much to get something new...and for those of you losing fast it won't hurt so much in a few months when they don't fit anymore! :P
Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #25

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
forgive me for not having much time to read and post. I just started a new job, I am in the process of moving, and I am performing in a dance show May 17th... oh, and I am helping here as a Moderator, which is still new to me lol yup that's life right now.

my goal for April is to un-tighten my pants!!!! lol there are certain pants and skirts which makes it look like I am trying to show off my assets lol which I am not, it's just that they weren't THAT tight when I bought them!! LMAO

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #26

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Today one of my new co-workers said I look like snow white from once upon a time (Ginnifer Goodwin) that made my day!!! It didn't hurt that the comment was from a young man.

When I was heavier the only actress anyone ever said I looked like was the obese girl from the TV show Popular
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow.jpg (7.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg snow-white-photo2.jpg (43.4 KB, 6 views)
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow, Mary - you do look a lot like those pics you posted!

Congrats on the new things you're doing. I know it is a lot of stress, but so exciting in a good way, too!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Ok, I'm in. I already drank 80 oz of water so far.
I finished up the day at around 90 oz. Good job!

Quote:
Good advice. I knew my exercise goal was wishy washy when I posted. I need to figure out how much I can realistically do and I will post it tomorrow.
I wasn't calling you out specifically! I was just sharing some advice. I used to make goals like that when we first started it, then I started doing it like we do at work - so I CAN hold myself accountable.

Quote:
Ok--I need some advice. I am a slug. I have not exercised in basically years. I want to get stronger. I want my core to be strong. I want to be able to open jars by myself and not have to ask my 14 y.o. football lineman! LOL I will be starting to walk or bike soon. What would be my next best exercise to add??? Light weight training with high reps? I also want to tone. Heather---I expect you will have some advice, at least I hope so.
I'll come back and give some advice in a bit, I have a lot to say but I'm waiting on a new employee (she's almost 20 minutes late, but benefit of the doubt she might be lost because my office *is* hard to find) for training.

Quote:
Good job and welcome. I didn't lose anything preop.
I lost willpower lol. And gained about, oh, 6 pounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Oh I was soooo sad when my hair started falling out. It was scary. Now at 9 months things are fine again, and I am not bald and probably no one but me and my hairdresser actually knew I lost a lot of hair. I bought some volumnizing hair products (don't know if I am allowed to post actual names?) one that I sprayed on damp hair and then also the hair spray. The plumper up type stuff really helped give my hair some extra volumn. It will stop falling out eventually.
It was upsetting to me too!! There's a hair cycle and it's related to the trauma of surgery and anesthesia, not diet (although diet helps it grow back easier it doesn't help it not fall out). You'll get 3-4 months (ish) of stasis, 3-4 of fallout, 3-4 of regrowth, and so on... I lost a lot, but I still have a lot too. It's not really any thinner than it was before. It is CURLIER though! Weird. So, just kinda hang with it, cut your hair short if it makes you feel better (I did) and know it'll come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I think a lot of the success anyone has with weight loss is about becoming very mindful of what you eat.

Heather - I will start with the water tomorrow. I am close today, but I am really sleep-deprived these days and I just don't want to be up a bunch of times tonight! Tomorrow I am all about the water. I'll try for 32oz. before 9AM for starters.

So Ladies, opinions. Jillian Michaels is coming to Clearwater to give a motivational talk I guess you would call it in a few weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about her. I don't dislike her, but I'm not sure how much I like her...and not sure if it is worth the drive and ticket price to go listen. On the other hand, she might have something really great to say that could inspire me. What would you do? All opinions are good ones!
True! KNowledge and mindfulness is super key.

I'd go see Jillian if I could and it were within reason. She's hot. I think they only show her "tough" side on the show, but in reality there are so many other depths to her. I've read her books and some various articles on her lately. I think she's pretty amazing actually. How much and how far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
forgive me for not having much time to read and post. I just started a new job, I am in the process of moving, and I am performing in a dance show May 17th... oh, and I am helping here as a Moderator, which is still new to me lol yup that's life right now.

my goal for April is to un-tighten my pants!!!! lol there are certain pants and skirts which makes it look like I am trying to show off my assets lol which I am not, it's just that they weren't THAT tight when I bought them!! LMAO
Lots of changes Mary! That's a good thing, though! I always like change, it gives me an opportunity to refocus on a lot of things and renew myself. I'd show off my assets if I were you. You worked hard and paid a lot for them!!!! They look pretty darn good!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I think once you get back in a routine again - the new job, the moving, everything! - you will get back on track and it will just fall off again. It's easier to get back there now than it was all them pounds ago where we started!!

I'm working on the couple of pounds I've put on since taking a break from workouts with the broken ribs. I've been pounding it out every day with the Insanity all this week - I survived a 40 minute workout last night, Day 3! - and am going to go back to yoga. I went to class Saturday and it didn't kill me.

Haha! Oh and I broke a toe in yoga last night. Second broken toe in yoga this year. Same one actually.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #30

Oh no, Heather, a broken toe???? That must be painful. I think I broke my little toe a few months ago but never got it checked. It's fine now but it hurt everyday when I walked for a few weeks.