Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
The pouch test is going really well. I'm under 175 (my brick wall for the last year) for the second time in a year (the last time it lasted two whole days hah). I feel REALLY good! I went to Red Rocks again today and ran up and down the stairs for 2 solid hours. There are 400 steps! After that I went for a quick run to cool down. As DH and I were huffing it up the 400 steps for the 2nd time he said "I think twice is enough" and this 60 year old woman stopped and said to me "Just coming out here is half the battle. You know there are a LOT of FATTYS down there (pointing down the mountain towards Denver) that never even drive up here so you give yourself a pat on the back for every time you make it up and down these stairs. I go up and down 11 times every single day"
I'm sure her heart was in the right place but eeesh... we saw her again later and she said "umm... when I said FATTYS before I didn't mean YOU TWO. You guys aren't bad at all. There are people down there (Denver) who REALLY need to be here but never will". Insult to injury :| Oh well. Someday people will stop seeing me as (and referring to me as) a FATTY! We did way better than we did yesterday and it's only the 2nd hike of the year so it can only get better from here, right?
It's going to rain this week so I wont get to get back out to the mountains again until next weekend, but that's ok because I also let my inhaler go completely empty and almost died of an asthma attack so I think I have to do some low impact stuff for a few days until I get a new inhaler from the pharmacy.
Well, super skinny 60 year old ironlady that runs the steps at Red Rocks 11 times per day, I have 20 years on you, so just wait till I'm 60!!
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Um - 11 times a day? Does she have a life? I'm sorry, but I have a hard time with people who are so all or nothing and then snotty about it. She doesn't know you and what you do or don't do every day. She doesn't know where you came from. I give you tons of credit for doing what you did...and more credit for not tripping her down all 400 steps!

I saw a show today and the trainer found out the girl he was helping had a mom who had gastric bypass. He then said something like he wanted this girl to lose weight the real way so she didn't have to do that. I'm thinking, "The real way?" I'll show him the real way! Sheesh! I worked my a$$ off the REAL way! Man, did that make me mad!!
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 188 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I give you tons of credit for doing what you did...and more credit for not tripping her down all 400 steps!
Haha! Thanks Hot Tamale. I wouldn't normally wish anyone ill will but as her 0% body fat self ran past us on those steps again I was thinking maybe she shouldn't be running in lycra shorts and a sports bra at her age. Snarky was all I could muster at that point lol.

The real way? I don't know that it gets any more REAL than this! If it was any easier, trust me, my lazy butt would be eating candy laying about on the couch not running up and down steps for 2 hours!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi all
Feeling a bit down lately. Not sure why as things are going pretty well.

I did 45 minutes on my bike yesterday and almost hit 10 miles. I could not have done that last year if you had a gun to my head. LOL It was hard but not as hard as being fat was.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #155

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
It was a free for all all weekend. And when I mean "free for all" I'm talking about I think I was putting some sort of food in my mouth 24-7. Nothing overly bad in and of itself, but WAAAAAYYYY more often than I should. What it took me a week to get off I undid in 1 weekend. Sunday night I was 152. This morning I was 149. Here we go again. Yes, it's fluid. And yes I'm freaking constipated (again - it seems every time I don't eat like I should I get that way!!), but 144 to 152 in a matter of a few days is ridiculous!!!

Missed my cardio class last night because of a pre-AP meeting I had to go to for my son.

I'm pushing the fluids today to get things moving hopefully.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi all
Feeling a bit down lately. Not sure why as things are going pretty well.

I did 45 minutes on my bike yesterday and almost hit 10 miles. I could not have done that last year if you had a gun to my head. LOL It was hard but not as hard as being fat was.
Sorry about your funk, but good job on the bike!!! Is it a stationary or are you outside?

I need to pull mine out of the garage. It needs new tubes and some oil, but I have all that in the laundry room. It's just a matter of getting it done.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
I know I should have started this on Day 1, but I've just recently committed to logging my food and it has been eye-opening. Heather has always said that the little bites here and there add up, and when your total calories are so relatively low, that is never more true! I also drug (no pun intended) out my assorted medicine organizers and prefilled them for a week at a time with my vitamins. I am following a Vitalady 4-dose a day schedule for RNY patients. The vitamins seem like a part-time job at times! I am also committed to my water intake and we have had fairly gorgeous weather so I'm getting my walking in. I would like to start riding a bike, but the bike I have is a 10-speed Huffy Iron Man bike, and I just want a good old "old lady" bike with fat tires from Walmart! I'm also going to slowly restart the (hell known as) P90X.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #158
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Do you guys count your carbs? I always choose lower carbs when posible, of course, but do you have a number you use as a goal/limit?
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Sorry about your funk, but good job on the bike!!! Is it a stationary or are you outside?

I need to pull mine out of the garage. It needs new tubes and some oil, but I have all that in the laundry room. It's just a matter of getting it done.
It's a stationary recumbent. I took a mental health day today but just should have gone into work. Oh well, too late now.

I started shaving my giant Komondor(dog). She is white and gets long dread locks. She does not shed so by the time winter is over, she is a giant ball of fur. Not to mention she weighs 110 lbs anyway. I spent an hour doing it but she's not cooperating so I'm taking a quick break. I have to sit on the floor to do it and my legs go to sleep and my back is not happy either.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
I know I should have started this on Day 1, but I've just recently committed to logging my food and it has been eye-opening. Heather has always said that the little bites here and there add up, and when your total calories are so relatively low, that is never more true! I also drug (no pun intended) out my assorted medicine organizers and prefilled them for a week at a time with my vitamins. I am following a Vitalady 4-dose a day schedule for RNY patients. The vitamins seem like a part-time job at times! I am also committed to my water intake and we have had fairly gorgeous weather so I'm getting my walking in. I would like to start riding a bike, but the bike I have is a 10-speed Huffy Iron Man bike, and I just want a good old "old lady" bike with fat tires from Walmart! I'm also going to slowly restart the (hell known as) P90X.
I do my vitamins in a weekly container every Friday. That way I don't forget to take them and it's so much easier for me.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
Do you guys count your carbs? I always choose lower carbs when posible, of course, but do you have a number you use as a goal/limit?
I rarely eat carbs and the ones I do are only veggies and fruit, occassionally. I still don't have much room for much but a tablespoon or so with my protein. I'll be 5 months on Friday.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
It was a free for all all weekend. And when I mean "free for all" I'm talking about I think I was putting some sort of food in my mouth 24-7. Nothing overly bad in and of itself, but WAAAAAYYYY more often than I should. What it took me a week to get off I undid in 1 weekend. Sunday night I was 152. This morning I was 149. Here we go again. Yes, it's fluid. And yes I'm freaking constipated (again - it seems every time I don't eat like I should I get that way!!), but 144 to 152 in a matter of a few days is ridiculous!!!

Missed my cardio class last night because of a pre-AP meeting I had to go to for my son.

I'm pushing the fluids today to get things moving hopefully.
Take a couple extra magnesium--that seems to usually work for me. Water too!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Thanks Mary for fixing the issues I was having.

I havn't counted carbs or anything else since my VSG 10/2011. I may have to in the future, but I hope not. I hate counting anything, I try to do intuitive eating and that seems to work well. I crave a lot more healthy foods post surgery and I usually crave protein first and then fruits and a little bit of everything else. Although being preggo and nauseous now I eat whatever I can without losing it. :/

Here's a pic of my daughter and I on the beach last weekend. My belly has really popped over the past month but I'm still negative 3 lbs since I became pregnant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My 3 ladies.jpg (21.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Healthy and Happy; 04-30-2013 at 12:04 PM..
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Take a couple extra magnesium--that seems to usually work for me. Water too!
I take a magnesium every night. If I skip it I will get backed up.
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #165

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
H&H, I'm glad we got it figured out / worked out. You are gorgeous! Pink is your color too!
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #166

Beautiful picture! I want to be there on that beach too lol!!! You look so cute.

I don't usually get backed up when I eat "normally" (meaning like I'm supposed to!). It's just when I have my all too frequent lately binges that I get that way. Ugh.

The first year and a half, maybe even two, I craved protein and raw fruits and veggies. That changed pretty quickly once I got 2+ years out. Especially as I worked out more and more. My body wanted carbs, and that's what actually went down easier (and in higher quantities too) so my BRAIN started telling my body it wanted it more and more.

I count calories in. I don't exactly have a limit, but it must be equal to or less than my burn. I don't count carbs at all, but I try to make whole food ro raw food choices over carby choices (bread, rice, pasta). Not doing so well lately with the bread and the cereal...

Why won't my brain let me do what it knows needs to be done????!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I watch carbs and when I need to lose weight I REALLY watch them - as in I watch that they do not go in my mouth! I've lost about 4.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks due to eating less - and fewer carbs - drinking more water and also watching eating late at night. I've stopped buying nuts, sf whipped cream, fudgicles, and all my other treats...and of course, very limited potatoes, bread, or pasta right now...and no real sugar!! Notice to all ladies still in the honeymoon phase: TAKE ADVANTAGE!!! IT GETS SOOOO HARD!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Notice to all ladies still in the honeymoon phase: TAKE ADVANTAGE!!! IT GETS SOOOO HARD!
You can say that again!! Ugh

I don't eat ANY real sugar\sweeteners, no pasta, bread, rice, fruit. I try to keep my carbs around 10c per day, mostly from veggies and some from sugar-free drink mixes but I'm really trying to cut that down to less than 1 per day. I haven't been counting my calories but I have been very careful about portion sizes, the 30 minute rule of drinking during meals, protein first, etc. I really lost sight of all of that along the way so it's back to basics! The weight loss is SOOOOOOOO SLOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW now!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #169

Happy May. I don't know how to start a new thread so if someone can do it, that'd be great.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #170

Come hop on the new May Wagon!