Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/)
-   -   New Here (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/798592-new-here.html)

GS Fan 03-02-2013 08:54 PM

New Here

Just wanting to say HI! I have been to the Weight Loss seminar and have met with the surgeon to start the process for wls. Monday I will meet with the nutritionist and have my psych eval.

Nervous and scared but ready to get the surgery over with...Wish me luck!

Hot Tamale 03-02-2013 11:29 PM

Welcome GS! WLS, as I'm sure you already know, is a super tool to help you achieve a healthier weight and lifestyle. I am one of the cheerleaders for anyone who has made the decision to do everything they need to do to be successful. You CAN do it and it can be AMAZING! We were all nervous and scared...its natural. Please join us on the monthly thread. There are lots of people there that you can learn from and talk to about everything. Good Luck!!!

GS Fan 03-03-2013 03:57 PM

Thanks, HT. From your stats it looks like you have had amazing success. Congrats!!

myyellowstang 03-03-2013 06:42 PM

Welcome!

AllisonB 03-04-2013 06:26 PM

Hello and welcome! Which surgery are you considering?

chewiegand 03-05-2013 06:06 AM

Welcome. Jump in and get to know us. We are very supportive and some of these people are experts and can answer any questions you might have. I'm fairly new at this, had vsg 3 months ago.

myyellowstang 03-05-2013 07:48 AM

Join us here and here. We talk a lot more in these threads.

GS Fan 03-05-2013 08:26 AM

Allison, I am having RNY.

GS Fan 03-05-2013 08:35 AM

Thanks myyellowstang!

Maryposa 03-06-2013 04:35 PM

Welcome, GS! Yes, please join us on the monthly threads!

SINDERELLA 03-06-2013 05:31 PM

WELCOME :)

Gymnopedie 03-07-2013 05:26 AM

Welcome!

cmcd1070 03-25-2013 08:14 PM

Hello, I'm new to the site. I had WLS 2-2011 (RnY). I had no complications. For the first few months after surgery my appetite decreased, but not as much as I expected. My weight loss was very very slow. After the first year, I had only lost 40lbs. I spent the next year dieting and obsessively working out. I started at 240lbs. I'm down to 174lbs two years after WLS. My goal weight was 130lbs. I'm back on Atkins now. Today is induction day 1. I'm really struggling with sugar\sweet cravings. I know it will go away if I can just stick with it, but it's hard. My husband and I are fighting because I'm on edge. I ate what I'm allowed to eat on induction but ate until I was stuffed and still wanted to eat more. It scares me how much power food has over my life. I feel very alone.

myyellowstang 03-26-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmcd1070 (Post 16336322)
Hello, I'm new to the site. I had WLS 2-2011 (RnY). I had no complications. For the first few months after surgery my appetite decreased, but not as much as I expected. My weight loss was very very slow. After the first year, I had only lost 40lbs. I spent the next year dieting and obsessively working out. I started at 240lbs. I'm down to 174lbs two years after WLS. My goal weight was 130lbs. I'm back on Atkins now. Today is induction day 1. I'm really struggling with sugarsweet cravings. I know it will go away if I can just stick with it, but it's hard. My husband and I are fighting because I'm on edge. I ate what I'm allowed to eat on induction but ate until I was stuffed and still wanted to eat more. It scares me how much power food has over my life. I feel very alone.

Come join us on the other two threads. You'll find you are not alone and that's pretty much the norm. :)

I'm a HUGE believer that the more you give your body sweets the more it craves them. And the more you crave them the more power it has over you. I have been sugar free for, well in 3 days it will be 3 years. My current demon is carbs. I can eat me some nice crusty sourdough all day if I let myself! I started at 286. My lowest was 133. Right now I sit around 144 with a little bounce up or down. I have a 5 pound bounce zone. I'm okay with never seeing 133 again. THAT took some serious soul searching and rationalization. I'm in the same size clothes I was at that weight, but I'm less bony and much more toned. My scale consistently tells me I have 10% or less body fat so I've come to accept the "weight gain" as added muscle. I too work out obsessively (not so much since the broken ribs but hopefully not much longer!!!). Seriously. Come post with us on the other two daily threads.

The husband thing, :hugs: . Hopefully that will resolve itself. We have to understand that to them it's different. We are different. Mine resented that all I wanted to talk about was food. What I ate, what I could eat, etc. He didn't understand and he never really will. Once I accepted that and quit trying to *make* him understand, it was okay. I can have my differences and be okay.

myyellowstang 03-26-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myyellowstang (Post 16296689)
Join us here and here. We talk a lot more in these threads.

Here are the links to the threads. But they aren't hard to find - they are the long ones. :)

cmcd1070 03-26-2013 10:09 AM

Thank you for your warm welcome and helping me feel not so alone. It's day 2 and I've eaten my induction breakfast and I wanted more even though I was completely full. That is the part that scares me the most. And sourdough bread is my drug of choice just after sugar. I made it through day 1 without screwing up induction. Now I'm going to check out the other threads you recommended.

myyellowstang 03-26-2013 11:35 AM

One of them is where a lot of us post our daily menus and our specific food struggles. The other one is a more generic everything else post.