Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I really need to get back to packing lunch the night before. I've been lazy about that lately. Ugh.

B - mint cookie protein
L - I brought a can of lentil soup
s - apple with pb
D - no idea, probably mexican at a local restaurant
s - maybe nothing, maybe mint cookie protein

I bought some sf Voortman's shortbread cookies the other night. Wednesday I think. They got doused in water and tossed down the disposal. They were that good. I'd have eaten the whole package that evening if not. Light, buttery, yummy. Another evil item on my do not buy list, but OMG they were so good I want to go buy more NOW.

I went to AcroYoga class Wednesday evening. I still am not doing much, but I did the warm up which included some floats and planks and core work. Feeling it in my right ribs. I'm disappointed because I have that yoga retreat with 3 or 4 two hour Master classes coming up in two weeks. I want to be much closer to healed by then so I can participate like I want. There's going to be Acro, Rock Body, Inversions and I forget the other one.

There's an AcroYoga playday today. It's a little over two hours too but I'm not sure if I'll go or not. I'd like to, but...

There's a girl in it that I hate. I don't hate often, but her I do. Bad history, bad bad bad I want to physically hurt her when I see her history and yeah... I don't want to have to work with her. BUT the turnout is usually pretty low and chances are it will probably happen. She WAS coming to my other acro class, the wednesday night one, but I *love* the instructor and he asked her not to come back because I refused (out loud in class one evening) to work with her. I pulled him aside and said I had a very bad history with her, one I would never ever attempt to repair and I would not talk to or touch her, period. She'd paid for a block of 10 classes ($100) which is about 2 1/2 months so when she was out her didn't let her renew.

I was rambling. I tend to do that.

My 5k is in oh, about a week. I'm excited, but I haven't been running! It may be a 5k run but mostly walk instead.

I'm also looking at signing up for The Biggest Loser OffRoad Adventure in May. It's a beginner friendly mud run/obstacle course. Texans, you should check it out! I've always wanted to do a mud run but the competetiveness of it scared me. This one is "non-intimidating" and non-competetive.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #122

Last night I made spaghetti and pepperoni cheese bread for the family. I don't eat pasta so I had a slice of bread (think bread with cheese and pepperoni mixed in the dough, not bread with cheese melted all over it). Hubby was supposed to take the bread out because I was out picking up the kid. It got a lil browner and crisper than we like so that saved me from eating *more* probably. I sliced up a tomato and sprinkled it with salt and yogurt cesear dressing. I ate about two slices of it before I got tired of eating.

Followed that up about 1-2 hours later with mint cookie protein.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #123
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, this site has been so much help!! I am absorbing so much knowledge reading the threads and everyone offering advice and support got me through those horrible first 3 days of induction. THANK YOU!!!

I think I'm posting my food in two different threads!

B: 2 boiled eggs, decaf earl grey tea no sugar. I brought non-sugar cured smoked ham but I was full after the eggs, so no ham. Maybe for my snack?
S: either turkey or ham?
L: leftover steak and steamed veggies and appletini crystal light
D: shrimp and broccoli stir fry

I was eating an atkins bar for my snack, the box said ok for any phase but I am worried it might cause a stall so I'm not going to eat them until after induction. Any thoughts??

ps... maryposa, I watched all of your videos this week. you are amazing!!!

Hi cmcd - Sorry I haven't been around lately... Welcome and congrats to all you are doing to turn things around. I don't have a whole lot of additional advice - these ladies are the ones normally helping me along! I guess we all help each other. Here are some of the things I try to do. I'm not 100% all the time, but I do try...

1. I stop drinking at least 10 or 15 minutes before eating and I don't drink anything for at least 30 minutes after eating. Most of the time the thing I am drinking is water...
2. I always opt for protein first and foremost. Initially, I would eat almost all protein. These days, about 2.5 years out, I eat about 75-25. I tend to eat a lot of sugar-free sweet things. I need to cut back on them... I have issues with breads and cereals. Oddly, the chocolate obsession I had pre-surgery calmed down a lot. When I do eat chocolate it tends to be sugar free and not in big quantities.
3. I also make exercise a super-big priority. Other things get in the way, but I either bank exercise beforehand or do my very best to make it up afterwards - like instead of walking for 30 minutes, I'll walk 45... Exercise largely replaced my other coping mechanisms of eating...I never thought I'd say it, but I really do like a good workout! Also, I do try to exercise as early inthe day as possible. First, I will feel great the whole day knowing I did it, and second, I won't worry or feel guilty about not doing it later on...
4. I personally have found that salt is a killer for me. I avoid salt, salty foods, and things like processed foods/lunch meat, etc...
5. I think its worthwhile to really think about what is driving you and make some attainable goals. Find something to reward yourself, if that is what it takes, or maybe the number on the scale is reward enough?
6. I recently started seeing a therapist to help me sort through my feelings and issues. I think doing that on a regular basis will help me. Losing weight did not solve any of my problems except with what to wear! Everything comes to the surface once the weight starts to melt away...
7. For the first time in my life it IS all about me. I come first...then I am better-equipped to take care of kids, do my job, and deal with everything else.

Remember: You CAN do this!!! We are here to help!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 03-29-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hi cmcd - Sorry I haven't been around lately... Welcome and congrats to all you are doing to turn things around. I don't have a whole lot of additional advice - these ladies are the ones normally helping me along! I guess we all help each other. Here are some of the things I try to do. I'm not 100% all the time, but I do try...

1. I stop drinking at least 10 or 15 minutes before eating and I don't drink anything for at least 30 minutes after eating. Most of the time the thing I am drinking is water...
2. I always opt for protein first and foremost. Initially, I would eat almost all protein. These days, about 2.5 years out, I eat about 75-25. I tend to eat a lot of sugar-free sweet things. I need to cut back on them... I have issues with breads and cereals. Oddly, the chocolate obsession I had pre-surgery calmed down a lot. When I do eat chocolate it tends to be sugar free and not in big quantities.
3. I also make exercise a super-big priority. Other things get in the way, but I either bank exercise beforehand or do my very best to make it up afterwards - like instead of walking for 30 minutes, I'll walk 45... Exercise largely replaced my other coping mechanisms of eating...I never thought I'd say it, but I really do like a good workout! Also, I do try to exercise as early inthe day as possible. First, I will feel great the whole day knowing I did it, and second, I won't worry or feel guilty about not doing it later on...
4. I personally have found that salt is a killer for me. I avoid salt, salty foods, and things like processed foods/lunch meat, etc...
5. I think its worthwhile to really think about what is driving you and make some attainable goals. Find something to reward yourself, if that is what it takes, or maybe the number on the scale is reward enough?
6. I recently started seeing a therapist to help me sort through my feelings and issues. I think doing that on a regular basis will help me. Losing weight did not solve any of my problems except with what to wear! Everything comes to the surface once the weight starts to melt away...
7. For the first time in my life it IS all about me. I come first...then I am better-equipped to take care of kids, do my job, and deal with everything else.

Awesome advice!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #125

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Chewie... I am embarrassed to say I think I am addicted to the white chocolate powder, I don't get tired of it... it is flavoring, but also creamy so when I put it in coffee it does lighten it a bit. Since it's sold on netrition, we are allowed to link to it... here it is. Gosh That's Good Sugar Free White Velvet Chocolate Mix

I also don't get tired of that Chick-fil-a diet lemonade... how is it THAT good?
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Waiting for the sun to warm up the outdoors a bit more, and I have a long day of power washing the patio and getting our backyard set up for summer. I am looking forward to my first summer in memory where I may be able to tolerate some heat and won't be sitting indoors in the AC all season.

I have a fun week ahead of me that includes an Elton John concert (and then Bob Seger the next week).
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #127

Insert stubborn.

Today was my fave yoga instructor's last Saturday class at my studio before he opens his own in another town. My stubborn self decides to go to it. It's my fave class. Rock Body Extreme Core.

Did I mention I haven't gone in several weeks to anything but acro because of my broken ribs? It wasn't *too* bad but I definitely modified and it's sore already.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #128

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Chewie... I am embarrassed to say I think I am addicted to the white chocolate powder, I don't get tired of it... it is flavoring, but also creamy so when I put it in coffee it does lighten it a bit. Since it's sold on netrition, we are allowed to link to it... here it is. Gosh That's Good Sugar Free White Velvet Chocolate Mix

I also don't get tired of that Chick-fil-a diet lemonade... how is it THAT good?
I want it so bad but I'm broke so it has to wait. Can't wait to order it. YUMMMM
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #129

Heather! lol I can't say I have never done anything like that... please be careful with yourself!

Chewie... I just had some in my coffee.... I wish I could gift you some but I too am a bit strapped for cash lol
Old 03-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #130

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Chick-fil-a Lemonade Copycat Recipe
■8-10 Lemons (Sunkist brand is what Chick-fil-a uses)
■1 cup granulated sugar (use Splenda, Agave, or other sweeteners for the diet version) ■When using Splenda, Agave, or other sweeteners use only 1/2 cup, then taste and add more to your preference
■5 1/2 cups water
1. First, juice your lemons so you end up with 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice.
2. Add the lemon juice and sugar to the pitcher.
3. Add 5 1/2 cups of lukewarm water to the sugar and lemon juice; whisk together well until sugar is completely dissolved.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

I, too, can't seem to leave well enough alone. Why, oh why, do I keep jogging when I know it will make my knee hurt? O,o Heather, be careful! If we get hurt we won't be able to exercise for WEEKS and I sure don't want that to happen!

I did not want to do anything this morning, but I did the baby steps thing that Heather talked about. I said, oh, I'll do a short walk. I set my alarm for 25 minutes. By the time it went off I was a little over halfway done. I could have gone home in about 8 minutes, but instead went the whole way, for about a 45 minute walk total. I was also telling myself I might not get to walk tomorrow morning if I want to make it to church on time, so I added those extra minutes to help if I don't get a walk in.

I've become addicted to my hald tea, half lemonade Arizona tea. Soooooo, I decided whenever I make some up, I have to drink a water bottle of plain water first. At least it is a start. I am just watered out...

Yesterday my stepmom took me as a guest to her Youfit gym. It is nice, big, lots of nice machines, and only $10 a month! I walked/jogged 2 miles on the treadmill, biked 2 miles, and did almost a half mile on some stair stepper kinda elliptical thing. There were all kinds of people there and I didn't feel intimidated at all. Actually, the people watching was part of the fun. You couldn't have paid me to walk into a gym 3 years ago. Wow, do things change, huh?
Old 03-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #132

Thanks chewie... I know the container thingy says the ingredients are just lemons and splenda, but I wonder if it's liquid splenda, the kind in the packets (I doubt this) or if it's the bulk splenda which measures like sugar and has more filler.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #133

HT
Old 03-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #134
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I have a question for the experts here because I'm hoping someone's experience will be relevant. My sister had WLS (gastric sleeve) 2 weeks ago, and has been staying with me since then. She's returning home tomorrow.

She is a type 2 diabetic, and her internist told her to omit her meds after surgery unless her morning BS was over 160. It shot up with surgery but came down steadily and was 140-150 for about a week. Three days ago, it began to go up, despite the fact that she's eating the same basic foods in the same amounts (and losing weight steadily). When it went to 170, she began taking her Metformin, but this morning, it was 185.

I've told her to phone her doctor as soon as she gets home tomorrow, but do any of you have experience that may inform this situation?
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:55 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Question. I see fluids with your meals. Are you drinking with meals or are you drinking that before you eat? That's really the only thing that stands out when looking at your menu.

Question two. Vitamins? Do you take them?
Yes, actually I had conveniently forgotten that rule about not drinking with meals. It was very hard for me to quit that before WLS. I did well for the first 6 months and then it slowly creeped back. I didn't even think of it until you pointed it out! Stopping that ASAP.

Yes, I take Bariatric Advantage. My Dr. takes regular blood draws to keep an eye on my vitamin levels. Pre-op I was vit D deficient and anemic. Now those two are normal and vit B1 is low, so added an additional B1 supplement this week.
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Thank you Hot Tamale, all very good points and things I need to hear and remember! I have been drinking with meals and I used to know that was a big NO but I started doing it again anyways. I am stopping that ASAP!! Today!! my nutritionist for WLS had a 30 min rule, no liquids 30 min before or after meals, so that is what I'm going back to. YES, protein first was also a rule, one that I never did follow, unfortunately, and I NEED to do that!

30 min rule!
Protein FIRST!

During good weather, I am VERY active, probably the ONLY reason I lost any weight at all. I hike 14'ers. When I wasn't hiking, I would jog 3 miles every day. I was hoping to run my first half marathon last year. I did my first 5K and was very proud of that. Ultimately, I want to run a full marathon. Those are my biggest motivations!!
But...I went through a lot of really bad stuff last year that totally threw me off track and I'm just coming through the other side now.
In winter I would normally snowshoe. This winter I haven't done ANYTHING except take the stairs. I live on the 4th floor and work on the 8th floor and I try to take the stairs every time. It is SO HARD some days! Winter is almost over and it will be hiking season soon, and the ice will melt and I can start running again. Now that it is staying light longer, I will have time to get outside after work and at least start walking again until I can build back up to running. I get addicted to the endorphine rush, it's better than sugar! It keeps me coming back for more. Once I start again, I know I will keep going. It's just getting past that first hurdle...
This is SOOO helpful!!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I have a question for the experts here because I'm hoping someone's experience will be relevant. My sister had WLS (gastric sleeve) 2 weeks ago, and has been staying with me since then. She's returning home tomorrow.

She is a type 2 diabetic, and her internist told her to omit her meds after surgery unless her morning BS was over 160. It shot up with surgery but came down steadily and was 140-150 for about a week. Three days ago, it began to go up, despite the fact that she's eating the same basic foods in the same amounts (and losing weight steadily). When it went to 170, she began taking her Metformin, but this morning, it was 185.

I've told her to phone her doctor as soon as she gets home tomorrow, but do any of you have experience that may inform this situation?
leo! I don't remember if anyone here with sleeve had/has diabetes... NurseMonkey did/does but she hasn't been around in a long time

My BFF IRL had/has diabetes and she had RNY and saw immediate results... her blood sugars normalized immediately. However, with the sleeve, diabetes is usually resolved with the weight loss, not the surgery itself??? I am kind of surprised that your sister's doc didn't push her toward the RNY instead.

Heather is a nurse and might be able to tell you more.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

I had RNY and at the time of surgery had out-of-control Type II diabetes. My surgeon steered me towards RNY when I had inquired about the sleeve. My meds were cut in half the day after surgery, and I was off everything, including insulin, shortly after.

Leo41, your friend definitely needs to discuss this with her physician asap.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #139
Senior LCF member

Thanks so much for your responses. I should explain why my sister had the sleeve and not RNY.

Ten years ago, our other sister died in the hospital after WLS. {She had already had episodes of pulmonary embolisms and should never have been cleared for surgery. She died of blood clots to her lungs.] This sister was also scheduled, and then, of course, didn't have it.

Now she was desperate because her diabetes was getting worse, but she was afraid of anything too invasive. At first, she wanted the lap band, but her internist (who manages her diabetes) steered her away from that choice.

I agree that she needs to talk to her doctor about her sudden increase in BG. She's going home tomorrow (lives 60 miles from me) and will call him about this.

I appreciate your responses.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #140

Leo, I in no way mean to imply RNY would have been the better choice for her.... only that I was surprised her Dr didn't lead her that way. It's a pretty individual thing, and if the mal-absorption and intestinal rearrangement was too much for her, the sleeve was a good choice... but, it is not known to have an impact on diabetes immediately and to the degree that RNY does... so I guess i am really more surprised that they told her not to take her meds!
Old 03-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Today my husband and I went for a walk, it was beautiful and sunny out. Once we started walking, we started jogging, it was great. We were out jog\walking for about an hour. Yay! I got off the couch!! I haven't gone jogging since last August. My husband can't remember the last time he went jogging! I drank about 8oz of plain water. It was AWFUL. I'm working on that. I put about 1oz of crystal light with 7oz water and I can drink it easier. Baby steps.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #142

lol water is even harder to drink post op, now 3 yrs out its probably not bad but i don't like it.

B - coffee protein
L - almond flour (LC) pancakes and bacon
D - not sure, chicken thigh?

I'm craving salad but I don't have any fresh veggies and I probably won't buy any until I'm settled in to new place (moving)
Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #143

Quote:
I, too, can't seem to leave well enough alone. Why, oh why, do I keep jogging when I know it will make my knee hurt? O,o Heather, be careful! If we get hurt we won't be able to exercise for WEEKS and I sure don't want that to happen!

I did not want to do anything this morning, but I did the baby steps thing that Heather talked about. I said, oh, I'll do a short walk. I set my alarm for 25 minutes. By the time it went off I was a little over halfway done. I could have gone home in about 8 minutes, but instead went the whole way, for about a 45 minute walk total. I was also telling myself I might not get to walk tomorrow morning if I want to make it to church on time, so I added those extra minutes to help if I don't get a walk in.

I've become addicted to my hald tea, half lemonade Arizona tea. Soooooo, I decided whenever I make some up, I have to drink a water bottle of plain water first. At least it is a start. I am just watered out...

Yesterday my stepmom took me as a guest to her Youfit gym. It is nice, big, lots of nice machines, and only $10 a month! I walked/jogged 2 miles on the treadmill, biked 2 miles, and did almost a half mile on some stair stepper kinda elliptical thing. There were all kinds of people there and I didn't feel intimidated at all. Actually, the people watching was part of the fun. You couldn't have paid me to walk into a gym 3 years ago. Wow, do things change, huh?
It's already been weeks. It's killing me!!!!

Way to go on the baby steps! It works, gets me all the time!!

I'm addicted to diet Snapple Half and half. Same thing, no sugar.

$10/month? WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
Today my husband and I went for a walk, it was beautiful and sunny out. Once we started walking, we started jogging, it was great. We were out jogwalking for about an hour. Yay! I got off the couch!! I haven't gone jogging since last August. My husband can't remember the last time he went jogging! I drank about 8oz of plain water. It was AWFUL. I'm working on that. I put about 1oz of crystal light with 7oz water and I can drink it easier. Baby steps.
Awesome! Awesome! Keep it up! Don'tcha just feel good after exercising???
Old 03-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree - the feeling I get after a good workout is awesome! Congrats cmcd!

I just don't like water as I once did, but I know it is necessary, so I am forcing it. I've had 3 bottles today...

Did okay with Easter candy and dinner. I did have a few jelly beans and bites of chocolate, but I'm already over it. Dinner I did okay. I have been eating to the point of fullness and that is not how I normally eat. I need to get back to pre-measuring say ten bites of food and that is all I put on my plate. This putting on more than I know I can eat and then grazing through it is a problem of mine... How did you do?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for being so supportive, it means a lot to have so much support from everyone!

my husband and I made a great, lowcarb meal and neither one of us have any appetite to eat it : \

B - 3 boiled eggs 1.5c
L - tuna, mayo, dill pickles with celery 1.5c
D - ..... steak, bacon green beans is what we cooked but I don't think we will be eating any of it

40oz of water with 4oz crystal light .5c

We also ran the stairs today after we got home from jogging. We ran up and down 4 flights about 10 times until I couldn't lift my legs anymore, LOVED it = D
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #146
Senior LCF member

Maryposa- It was my sister who actually initiated the issue with her meds because even with her diabetes, she also tends to hypoglycemic attacks if she doesn't eat often enough or have enough food.

She was worried that after surgery, if she had such an attack, she wouldn't be able to get the 1/2 cup of orange juice down fast enough to keep her from fainting. That's how bad her attacks get.

When she talked this over with her internist (he's really a good doctor), he suggested eliminating all meds after surgery to see how her BS responded to the small meals, etc. It was steadily going down, and the sudden upsurge is what has upset her and is a cause for concern.

It's possible she may have some minor infection (she tends to UTIs) that's causing the BS problem, which is why she needs to see her doctor ASAP about all this.

I didn't want you to think that either she or her doctor expected the surgery to 'cure' her diabetes. He's hoping that the weight loss will just help her control it better (and avoid complications). Stopping the meds was always considered a temporary measure to see how they needed to be adjusted post-WLS.

Thanks for all your responses. You are a very nice group!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Maryposa- It was my sister who actually initiated the issue with her meds because even with her diabetes, she also tends to hypoglycemic attacks if she doesn't eat often enough or have enough food.

She was worried that after surgery, if she had such an attack, she wouldn't be able to get the 1/2 cup of orange juice down fast enough to keep her from fainting. That's how bad her attacks get.

When she talked this over with her internist (he's really a good doctor), he suggested eliminating all meds after surgery to see how her BS responded to the small meals, etc. It was steadily going down, and the sudden upsurge is what has upset her and is a cause for concern.

It's possible she may have some minor infection (she tends to UTIs) that's causing the BS problem, which is why she needs to see her doctor ASAP about all this.

I didn't want you to think that either she or her doctor expected the surgery to 'cure' her diabetes. He's hoping that the weight loss will just help her control it better (and avoid complications). Stopping the meds was always considered a temporary measure to see how they needed to be adjusted post-WLS.

Thanks for all your responses. You are a very nice group!
This all makes very good sense and it sounds like your sister is right on top of everything. Typically weight loss with decrease the issues with diabetes, perhaps the doc will put her on a decreased dosage or a sliding scale dosage.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #148

I left my food at home today. Cafeteria didn't have anything worthwhile either so...

B - mint cookie protein
L - mint cookie protein
s - apple with peanut butter
D - probably leftover chicken and some veggies
s - ?

I bought the Insanity workout. The 60 day thing. It was a good deal, I bought it off someone who spent the $189 on it and only used one or two DVDs and just wanted to get rid of it lol. So I only paid $55 for it!

Since today is the 1st of the month AND a Monday I should just go do it right? eek!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I left my food at home today. Cafeteria didn't have anything worthwhile either so...

B - mint cookie protein
L - mint cookie protein
s - apple with peanut butter
D - probably leftover chicken and some veggies
s - ?

I bought the Insanity workout. The 60 day thing. It was a good deal, I bought it off someone who spent the $189 on it and only used one or two DVDs and just wanted to get rid of it lol. So I only paid $55 for it!

Since today is the 1st of the month AND a Monday I should just go do it right? eek!
Let me know how you do - I still curl up into the fetal position when I look at my P90X box. I tried winging my way through the first 2 DVDs and had to call (ok, scream) "uncle". But you are already in shape, and I have never been, so I'm expecting big things from you
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Sadly, I just can't get enough "me" time in my house to try a video. That's why I go for walks! Good luck, though!!!