Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
It's delish!!! It's a powder, you can make white hot chocolate with it... I usually put it in coffee. I love white chocolate so first I bought the smaller tub to make sure it's good... then I bought the 2.5lb tub!!! I read that someone here mixed it with cocoa butter to make white chocolate squares, too.

even the smaller tub has 51 servings in it though. A serving makes 8 oz and my coffee/cream is usually a bit more than that so I use 2 scoops sometimes.
Ooh stats look good too i want to try some now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
PSA: Meijer has a store brand NSA 1% chocloate milk, that makes all the difference in protein shakes. I'm actually enjoying an Unjury Chocolate shake right now. I can't wait to try this with my Matrix Mint Cookie and Oreo-cookie like mixes.
Nsa? What is the brand and what are the stats?
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Meijer brand 1% NSA Chocolate Milk:

Calories - 110
Fat - 2.5 g (saturated fat - 1.5 g, Trans fat - 0)
Cholesterol - 15 mg
Sodium - 200 mg
Carbs - 14 g (Sugar - 12 g)
Protein - 9 g

Comparing this to their regular/white 1%, there is almost double sodium but calories and sugar are the same. Protein is 1 g more in the chocolate. I have an aversion to milk, I have hated it all my life. For some reason, "when it's brown I can choke it down"
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #93

Ugh, holding so much fluid today - not fun. My knees ache and my fingers are puffy. And it's COLD again today - BOO!

The experiment from last week didn't last long. I felt like I was just eating all the damn time!

Only drank about 8 oz of water before breakfast, but then I had a hot green tea so that was about 10 more.

B - Fage 0%, frozen strawberries, splenda
L - canned chicken, hardboiled egg, cottage cheese, cucumber, tomato and spinach. Sounds like a lot, in reality it's about a cup to a cup and a half total volume. Actually, closer to a cup if you consider the spinach is fluffy but insubstantial.
s - Mint cookie protein. I have to supplement an extra bag between my subscribe and save deliveries. Sometimes when I'm averse to eating real food I'll drink about 3-4 of those a day so I went through this one pretty quickly!
D - no idea. Going to see Mary Poppins tonight at Fair Park so I'll eat something at home before I go.

Water water water water water. I need to pee some of this puffy off. Scale was up about 4 pounds.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
L - canned chicken, hardboiled egg, cottage cheese, cucumber, tomato and spinach. Sounds like a lot, in reality it's about a cup to a cup and a half total volume. Actually, closer to a cup if you consider the spinach is fluffy but insubstantial.
My eyes were bigger than my tummy. I could only eat about half of it lol.

It was 1 oz canned chicken, 2 oz cottage cheese, 1 hardboiled egg, 1 oz spinach, 1.5 inch cucumber sliced, and half a small tomato (lemon sized), chopped. OMG what was I thinking?
Old 03-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #95

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/155 169.4 VFT!
WOE: Weight loss surgery (VSG) + Low Carb + Exercise
Start Date: 1998; Restart May 2007 @355; WLS March 2010
B - coffee, protein, white chocolate powder shake
L - part of a chicken thigh and a couple bites veggies
D - 4 ranch chicken wing segments

I am not sure I got enough protein today, it was my first day of new job and didn't feel like I ate much.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #96

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Mary--what kind of new job did you get? Is it a new place or just a new position?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Mary--what kind of new job did you get? Is it a new place or just a new position?
New place and new position! But it is more similar to the first 15 years of my career than the past 3 years have been. Yesterday was rough, to be honest!

B - Sugar free vanilla iced coffee (McD's) and a sausage patty with cheese (not eaten at the same time as sipping coffee of course!

L - Not sure yet, I might take a lunch break away from the office, maybe an in-n-out burger minus the bun!

D - Probably a chicken thigh
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #98

Quote:
New place and new position! But it is more similar to the first 15 years of my career than the past 3 years have been. Yesterday was rough, to be honest!
New jobs are always a good thing. Is it something you love? I've been with my current employer for 11 years, and in my current position for almost 2 1/2. I'm sure eventually I'll move when the kids are grown, but for now I'm perfectly content.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #99

I find the variety and differences in diets and types of foods completely intrigueing. I like this thread.

I woke up with a headache yesterday morning and again this morning, which usually means I'm pretty dehydrated. I haven't really had headaches since before surgery, when I would have migraines about 10-15 times a month. Need to make some changes because I don't want that coming back again!

I went to a musical last night (Mary Poppins!) and it was great. But instead of making my meals for today I did a load of dishes and hopped into bed about 1230ish. So...

20 oz of water before breakfast.
B - mint cookie protein
L - something from the cafeteria OR if there's nothing good then mint cookie protein lol.
s - apple with PB
D - haven't thought that far ahead. It'll be ground beef or chicken as that's what I have in the freezer.
s - if I need one.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #100

Mine for today:
1 c coffee w/half half & caramel davinci
B-1 premiere protein shake
64 oz water
L-1 over easy egg, 1 mini turkey sausage link, 1 pc lc almond bread
S-greek yogurt or cheese stick
D-bloody mary braised tritip, green beans
More water and maybe a cup of decaf tea
Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cmcd1070
Stats: pre-op 240/now 167/goal 130
WOE: Organic Low Carb
Start Date: WLS 2-8-11. Atkins (reboot) 4-7-14
I hope I'm not breaking any unspoken (or spoken!) rules but I needed to "confess" all of this somewhere and get this off my chest so I can try to move on with a clean slate.
After my WLS, I didn't follow ANY of the rules, other than drinking an ounce of protein drink every hour for the first two weeks after surgery. Other than that, I didnt drink my fluids like I was supposed to. I ended up with regular ER visits for IV fluids for dehydration.
I moved on to soft solids before I was supposed to, and I didn’t give a flip about the quality of the food or how much protein. I just ate whatever was soft. Especially cotton candy. I could eat endless amounts of it because it dissolves to liquid and takes up basically NO space. *ugh.

We were given an assigned therapist through the WLS program. But he said he didn't have the time to give me the attention I needed to resolve my issues. And after WLS, I needed SERIOUS attention.
Before WLS I was fat, sure. But my life was in control. I owned my own home. I had good credit. I was well respected in my work and had a very good government job. I did everything I was supposed to do and never had melt-downs. (except of course that I was obese)

After the surgery took away my coping mechanism (food), I crumbled. My entire life imploded. I lost my job, my house, my credit, my respectability, my sanity. I started making really bad, rash decisions. I put all my things in storage and drove around the country living on my savings until it ran out. I felt like I was running from something terrifying but I had no idea what.

I finally got in to see a dr that tried a cocktail of meds on me until we found something that allowed me to function like an adult again. I started working again. Got a nice apartment. Started over. Started eating bad things. At first it was just one or two bites. Until I worked up to being able to cram 10 or 12 bites down, and so on. I live on anti-nausea pills because it’s the only thing that takes away the pain I cause myself by overeating to the point of pain.

I'm ashamed that I sacrificed so much for that procedure just to render it completely useless against my arsenal of sabotage.
I resolved to get my SH*T together and started Atkins again, because I know that sugar is my drug, well any carbs really but sugar is like heroin straight to the vein.
I'm struggling. REALLLY struggling.

I'm going to see my family again for the first time in 8 months and I'm sure they expect to see me so skinny after my WLS and everything but I'm exactly the same size I was 8 month ago. I know my mother will be judging me. She was against the procedure from the start. I want to "prove her wrong" by losing the rest of this weight by the end of next month when I go to CA, it's really the only motivation I've had in a long time.
It's hard. I've always been an over-achiever and successful at everything I do, except my weight. It is my Achilles heel.

I stopped going to the support group a few months after surgery. Everyone that went in at the same time I did was losing so much weight, it was visible, you could tell they were really dropping weight. I was still wearing the same size. I didn't want the constant reminder of how badly I was failing and the shameful looks from the ones that were doing well.

I wonder, am I the only person on earth that can fail to lose weight after WLS??

Today is day 2 of Atkins induction. I white knuckled it past the overwhelming desire to run to the store in the building lobby and buy something, ANYTHING and cram it in my mouth. I stayed on induction and now it's lunch. Lord help me make it to dinner without screwing up!

Sorry this was so long. I just didn't have anywhere else to put all of this... yuck!!
cmcd1070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #102

Quote:
20 oz of water before breakfast.
B - mint cookie protein
L - something from the cafeteria OR if there's nothing good then mint cookie protein lol.
s - apple with PB
D - haven't thought that far ahead. It'll be ground beef or chicken as that's what I have in the freezer.
s - if I need one.
Insert popcorn right after lunch (which was protein). Damn the hospital auxillary and their old fashioned popcorn machine three days a week. I "allow" myself a small box once a week. Usually I put it off until later in the week but today it smelled soooo good because it was just popped. Oh well. I'll become immune to it's temptress ways one of these days.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #103

cmcd1070---hugs and I'm so sorry you feel like a failure. You are not a failure. You are just human and we all make mistakes. You realize it now and have picked yourself up and started over. That is the important thing. It sounds like you needed a better support system and didn't have one and that must be so hard. This wls does not fix our brain, only our stomach and then we can un--do that too, by using slider foods and/or grazing. You know what to do, just get back to basics, water, protein and lc veggies. You can do this!!! Just think how good you'll feel after your first few days---they are rough. HUGS again and we are here to help anyway we can.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcd1070 View Post
I hope I'm not breaking any unspoken (or spoken!) rules but I needed to "confess" all of this somewhere and get this off my chest so I can try to move on with a clean slate.
THIS is exactly what these threads are for. Exactly. Everything you are feeling/doing, there is something here that either has already been there, is there now or will be there soon. It helps just to get it out sometimes.

Here's my take on things - and just know that I'm pretty much a matter of fact person that is prone to question reasons behind everything before I'll go along with it. And even then I'll find my own way to do it after all. So here is where I'm at 3 years post op...

These are my realities, and they stay true no matter what anyone else around me thinks or says. And they don't always mesh with anyone else's realities - even with the same WLS. We all find our own path with what works for us.

WLS is not a miracle that non-ops think it is. It is a tool that requires constant use to be effective. I wouldn't buy a treadmill and expect to lose weight if I only use it to hang clothes on... Same thing, right?

Willpower and choice play a HUGE part in success after WLS. Not just with initial loss, but with maintaining it. There are such things as slippery slopes and gateway foods. Wish I had never eaten that first tenative slice of bread or quarter cup of popcorn (as I sit here eating some now!). Once you *know* you can tolerate a lil bit of something, you tend to increase that lil bit into quite a lot more.

So, how do I keep a balance???? I have my top three "hard and fast rules". Things that I stay true to NO MATTER WHAT ELSE I DO! I make them my non-negotiables and I give and take on the rest.

1. No sugar. Ever. Ever ever ever. THIS is my vice and I know I cannot moderate, therefore I abstain. It works for me and after I detoxed from it right after surgery I didn't miss it at all. No cravings.

2. Workouts are non-negotiable. They are not chores. They are not inconveinences. They just ARE. I schedule them. My friends and family know that certain days and certain times are just out of the question. Period.

In the event that I HAVE to miss a scheduled workout (my drug of choice is power yoga fyi), I bank instead of borrow. If I know I have to miss Saturday morning yoga for a kid's game then sometime M-F the week before I will bank that hour I will be missing. In no way shape or form (other than an emergency) do I allow myself to say I'll just miss tonight and make it up tomorrow. I know myself well enough to know I won't. Bank, don't borrow. If I have time to negotiate with myself about missing, I have time to do something active.

3. No drinking with or an hour after meals. Period. No explaination needed, I just do not allow myself to do it.

This is what keeps me on the right path, and I know if I deviate from any of those top three then I'm in trouble. The others I can negotiate within reason - but I have to have some modicum of structure or it's not pretty.

This post was really just about telling you what *I* need to do, not what you *should* do. I think it helps to hear what other people experience and what they find helps them out.

As far as support groups. I do go to one. For support, sure. But more as reinforcement and accountability. It helps me to see/hear what other people are doing and what their struggles are. Last month a man admitted that he was gaining weight, but he "wasn't doing anything differently". Well, come to find out he was. During different sections of the meeting he mentioned a few things that he was doing lately - a bit of sugar here, cereal for breakfast, less water, not quite enough protein... Mental reinforcement for me to file away and reason to stick with my three "hard and fast" rules.

I said a lot. But then I always tend to have a lot to say.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Thank you both for listening and understanding. I live in a skinny world full of skinny people. I'm literally the ONLY fat person I know. So I've felt like I had no where to turn, no one would\could possibly understand. If I said I was addicted to sugar they would just laugh, oh that's silly. Like anyone could be "addicted" to sugar...

I think if I read the Big Book of AA and replaced alcohol with sugar, it might fit me to a T!

I think I need structure too, which is why I am trying not to just "low carb" it. I'm sticking strictly to Atkins because it has structure and rules that I can't break.

I used to jog\walk after work everyday but I honestly haven't worked out in 8 months, not once. I have a million excuses but not a single legitimate reason.

I don't know anything more than this one deal breaker. No sugar. None. Not ever.

I know working out is in my near future. But we had bad ice storms and the ground is slippery and I'm afraid to go jogging and slip and kill myself.

I tell myself one hurdle at a time. Master ONE THING before I move on to TWO THINGS. But I really know deep down that when I'm sitting on the couch obsessing quietly about sugar, if I went for a run, it would help release some of that pent up sugar aggression.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #106

Quote:
I used to jogwalk after work everyday but I honestly haven't worked out in 8 months, not once. I have a million excuses but not a single legitimate reason.

I know working out is in my near future. But we had bad ice storms and the ground is slippery and I'm afraid to go jogging and slip and kill myself.

I tell myself one hurdle at a time. Master ONE THING before I move on to TWO THINGS. But I really know deep down that when I'm sitting on the couch obsessing quietly about sugar, if I went for a run, it would help release some of that pent up sugar aggression.
One thing at a time is perfect. But like you said, the best way to distract yourself from your sugar obsession is a good workout. You absolutely know what you need to do. The trick is talking yourself into it. Just resolve to do it and get up and start taking steps.

So if I don't *want* to go to the gym, but have no reason not to I'll put on my workout clothes. I baby step it. Then I say I'll jsut get in the car. Well, then I'll just drive to the gym... I'll just park... I'll just get on the treadmill... then before I know it I've talked myself into a 3 mile run and not regretting it at all.

Having said that, I should confess that I haven't run in a LONG while and I need to practice what I "preach". I have a 5k in a week and a half.

My fave yoga has a... theory... about ego and will. Will is what gets you up and doing something. Will keeps you going. Ego is that little voice in your head that tells you that you can't do it. Ego is what's keeping you afraid of jogging because of the fear. Ego is what is feeding you excuses that has kept you from working out not once in 8 months.

Once I started to think about it that way I can put things into perspective. I have been absolutely lazy lately because I broke some ribs in a car accident a little over a month ago. And that's hard for me to be. I would go to workout and come home in tears it hurt so bad. But I HAD to keep going. In this case it was Ego that was not allowing me to rest and heal when I needed to. I ask myself do I have a legitimate reason or is it my Ego? Most of the time I cannot think of a reason.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #107

Quote:
I live in a skinny world full of skinny people. I'm literally the ONLY fat person I know.
You said 175 before, right? And you came from where? I wouldn't call a 175 pound woman fat. Perhaps it's not the picture of you that you have in your head, everyone wants to lose a little more. It's mental. Even at 133 I saw myself as fat. I could not, and still now a lot of times cannot, shake that mental image of the 286 pound fat chick in the mirror.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You said 175 before, right? And you came from where? I wouldn't call a 175 pound woman fat. Perhaps it's not the picture of you that you have in your head, everyone wants to lose a little more. It's mental. Even at 133 I saw myself as fat. I could not, and still now a lot of times cannot, shake that mental image of the 286 pound fat chick in the mirror.
I started at 240lbs, but I'm only 5'2. I was wearing a size 22\24WP (and let me tell you, a 22\24 petite is not an easy size to find!!)

I'm now squarely in a size 16P. According to the BMI charts, I am still considered OBESE.

I feel embarassed that you would go work out, broken ribs and all and I have not a single valid reason for doing nothing.

Reading all of the information on this site is starting to get through to me. I feel like maybe this isn't how my story ends. That maybe, there is still time to turn this around.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #109

B - coffee with cream and sf white chocolate powder mmm then a little later I had two breakfast sausage links

L - broccoli and cheese (I didn't have any pre-cooked solid protein to bring and I live too far away to go home at lunch right now )

D - Chick-fil-a 6 grilled nuggets with ranch dressing, and a little later a side salad. I only had half a strawberry and 3 small slices tangerine from the fruit cup. Oh, and I'm waiting half an hour or more to have the diet lemonade as dessert!

S - I am not hungry but I don't think I've had enough protein today so I'll probably have a decaf mocha protein shake (I can't get enough coffee or coffee flavor!!!)

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Old 03-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #110

lol I switch up my own plan enough to entertain you plenty, then, heather
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #111

Quote:

cmcd1070, 65lbs in a year is nothing to sneeze at. You are NOT a failure. Granted, I agree the path you were heading down by eating cotton candy and overeating could have lead you to weight gain, you are stopping it now!!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #112

Good morning. I made lamb/beef gyros last night. YUMMMMM I had about 1/4 of a pita with tzatzki sauce and hot sauce. So delicious. My boys are really liking my eating program now---they get to finish everything that I can't.

cmcd1070--I'm only 5'2" too. It will be 4 months for me on April 3. I am glad you are here. We can help support you and you can help us too.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #113

I didn't end up making a shake last night. I figured I'd just get back on track with my protein count today, since I was not hungry last night

B - 2 sausage patties with cheese... time enough later (more than 30mins) sipping on coffee protein shake

L - I made chicken thighs on the George Forman, so I will have that

D - Maybe another chicken thigh?

S - Diet lemonade (which I didn't finish last night) and maybe some cheese. But I dunno because I like to try to keep my cheese at 1X per day.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #114

Chewie, how did you make your lamb meat gyro style? I love lamb gyro meat and I used to live near a greek fast food place where I would order a "low carb plate" which was a huge plate of salad with cheese and "your choice of meat" on top, cottage cheese, and a low carb fruit (like berries)... I would get lamb gyro meat as my "choice of meat" instead of chicken or steak. It was soooo good! Now that I have had WLS, I would never be able to finish even a quarter of that plate lol
Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #115

Quote:
Chewie, how did you make your lamb meat gyro style? I love lamb gyro meat and I used to live near a greek fast food place where I would order a "low carb plate" which was a huge plate of salad with cheese and "your choice of meat" on top, cottage cheese, and a low carb fruit (like berries)... I would get lamb gyro meat as my "choice of meat" instead of chicken or steak. It was soooo good! Now that I have had WLS, I would never be able to finish even a quarter of that plate lol
It's an Alton Brown recipe. I make the meatloaf version and mix 1/2 lamb and 1/2 beef. It is awesome and we love it. We have a really good Greek place here but for 4 of us it costs $$$$$ so I make it.

Here's the recipe:
Gyro Meat and Tzatziki sauce
1 medium onion, finely chopped or shredded
2 pounds ground lamb
1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried marjoram
1 tablespoon dried ground rosemary
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Tzatziki Sauce, recipe follows
Process the onion in a food processor for 10 to 15 seconds and turn out into the center of a tea towel. Gather up the ends of the towel and squeeze until almost all of the juice is removed. Discard juice.Return the onion to the food processor and add the lamb, garlic, marjoram, rosemary, salt, and pepper and process until it is a fine paste, approximately 1 minute. Stop the processor as needed to scrape down sides of bowl.

To cook in the oven as a meatloaf, proceed as follows:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Place the mixture into a loaf pan, making sure to press into the sides of the pan. Place the loaf pan into a water bath and bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until the mixture reaches 165 to 170 degrees F. Remove from the oven and drain off any fat. Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack and place a brick wrapped in aluminum foil directly on the surface of the meat and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees F. Slice and serve on pita bread with tzatziki sauce, chopped onion, tomatoes and feta cheese.

To cook on a rotisserie, proceed as follows:
Form the meat mixture into a loaf shape and place on top of 2 overlapping pieces of plastic wrap that are at least 18 inches long. Roll the mixture in the plastic wrap tightly, making sure to remove any air pockets. Once the meat is completely rolled in the wrap, twist the ends of the plastic wrap until the surface of the wrap is tight. Store in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to overnight, to allow the mixture to firm up.
Preheat the grill to high. Place the meat onto the rotisserie skewer. Place a double-thick piece of aluminum foil folded into a tray directly under the meat to catch any drippings. Cook on high for 15 minutes. Decrease the heat to medium and continue to cook for another 20 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165 degrees F. Turn off the heat and allow to continue to spin for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 175 degrees. Slice and serve on pita bread with tzatziki sauce, chopped onion, tomatoes, and feta cheese.

Tzatziki Sauce:
16 ounces plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt and skip the draining part)
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
Pinch kosher salt
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
5 to 6 mint leaves, finely minced
Place the yogurt in a tea towel, gather up the edges, suspend over a bowl, and drain for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Place the chopped cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze to remove the liquid; discard liquid. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the drained yogurt, cucumber, salt, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and mint. Serve as a sauce for gyros. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Old 03-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #116

Thanks Chewie!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #117

Mary--I really want that white hot choc stuff. It's just a flavoring, right? No protein. I guess I need to go look at it.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, this site has been so much help!! I am absorbing so much knowledge reading the threads and everyone offering advice and support got me through those horrible first 3 days of induction. THANK YOU!!!

I think I'm posting my food in two different threads!

B: 2 boiled eggs, decaf earl grey tea no sugar. I brought non-sugar cured smoked ham but I was full after the eggs, so no ham. Maybe for my snack?
S: either turkey or ham?
L: leftover steak and steamed veggies and appletini crystal light
D: shrimp and broccoli stir fry

I was eating an atkins bar for my snack, the box said ok for any phase but I am worried it might cause a stall so I'm not going to eat them until after induction. Any thoughts??

ps... maryposa, I watched all of your videos this week. you are amazing!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #119

Quote:
I feel embarassed that you would go work out, broken ribs and all and I have not a single valid reason for doing nothing.
Nothing to be embarassed about. Just just have to get to a point where working out is a mandatory part of your life. To me it's like a job (but one I enjoy). It's not negotiable, I just go do it. I plan around it, not vice versa. Of course there are exceptions - like kids programs and stuff.

Quote:
Chick-fil-a 6 grilled nuggets with ranch dressing, and a little later a side salad. I only had half a strawberry and 3 small slices tangerine from the fruit cup. Oh, and I'm waiting half an hour or more to have the diet lemonade as dessert!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm! I get the 4 piece grilled and the small fruit cup and it's delicious! Fills me up. I hit the lemonade first lol. Don't care if the chicken gets cold. But that's how much I LOVE the diet lemonade. I size it up to a large too.

Quote:
cmcd1070, 65lbs in a year is nothing to sneeze at. You are NOT a failure. Granted, I agree the path you were heading down by eating cotton candy and overeating could have lead you to weight gain, you are stopping it now!!
Yup. 65 pounds is good. You just got temporarily derailed, but good news is you are still firmly in your prime weight loss period for the first year and a half up to 2 years (it's a lie about that 1 year magic number!). Just take it back to basics, follow rules and it'll start up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Mary--I really want that white hot choc stuff. It's just a flavoring, right? No protein. I guess I need to go look at it.
I looked it up. Netrition has it.

Quote:
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, this site has been so much help!! I am absorbing so much knowledge reading the threads and everyone offering advice and support got me through those horrible first 3 days of induction. THANK YOU!!!

I think I'm posting my food in two different threads!

B: 2 boiled eggs, decaf earl grey tea no sugar. I brought non-sugar cured smoked ham but I was full after the eggs, so no ham. Maybe for my snack?
S: either turkey or ham?
L: leftover steak and steamed veggies and appletini crystal light
D: shrimp and broccoli stir fry

I was eating an atkins bar for my snack, the box said ok for any phase but I am worried it might cause a stall so I'm not going to eat them until after induction. Any thoughts??

ps... maryposa, I watched all of your videos this week. you are amazing!!!
Question. I see fluids with your meals. Are you drinking with meals or are you drinking that before you eat? That's really the only thing that stands out when looking at your menu.

Question two. Vitamins? Do you take them?
Old 03-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #120

My menu:
1 c coffee w/half/half & caramel davinci
1 premiere protein shake
70 oz water
1 pc homemade swiss bacon quiche
Dinner will be sticky chicken & salad
I will probably have a snack---maybe a lf cheesestic and/or a cup of decaf tea

And no, I don't drink with my food ever.