Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #1

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
WLS Wagon - March 2013!

Oh.my.gosh! Can you guys (gals) believe it is already MARCH?? What happened? lol

How is everyone doing? Any goals for March?
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I'm doing ok. My 3 month sugeversary is on Sunday. I have my appt next week too.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I'm doing ok. My 3 month sugeversary is on Sunday. I have my appt next week too.
That is exciting... my three year surgiversary is this month! The 17th... St. Patricks day!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
I'm here! Congrats Mary moderator!

Not much to report. 23 wks, currently at 164 which is still a loss of 7 lbs since conception. I told hubby I will be skinny when this baby is born. lol Maybe as long as I don't go crazy pigging out for the next 17 wks.

I have a personal goal not to go over 180. This is definitely the lowest I have ever been while pregnant. With my 2nd I was 293 lbs AFTER I gave birth. They actually made me weigh before I left the hospital for WIC, it was so depressing.

On a yummy note.... I made this recipe for crustless no bake cheesecake today and topped it with cherries. I used canned cherries with no red dye. It's really good!
Crustless No-Bake Cheesecake | The Coconut Mama

Last edited by Healthy and Happy; 03-01-2013 at 03:36 PM..
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
I'm here! Congrats Mary moderator!

Not much to report. 23 wks, currently at 164 which is still a loss of 7 lbs since conception. I told hubby I will be skinny when this baby is born. lol Maybe as long as I don't go crazy pigging out for the next 17 wks.

I have a personal goal not to go over 180. This is definitely the lowest I have ever been while pregnant. With my 2nd I was 293 lbs AFTER I gave birth. They actually made me weigh before I left the hospital for WIC, it was so depressing.

On a yummy note.... I made this recipe for crustless no bake cheesecake today and topped it with cherries. I used canned cherries with no red dye. It's really good!
Crustless No-Bake Cheesecake | The Coconut Mama
You will be thinner, skinny even! with my first baby, I gained a total of 14 pounds, because I was suffering pre-eclampsia so I nothing but unsalted lean meats and veggies and fruits the last few months so that I could reduce any water retention. Within less than 2 weeks of her birth, I was 20 pounds less then when I started. Of course, since I am here discussing my VSG, this didn't last forever BUT yours will.

I am feeling victorious over impulse the last few days! Yesterday we had conferences in the evening, and the parent volunteers made us a really nice supper including a table of homemade desserts. I had some lunchmeat wrapped in a cheese slice and a small serving of broccoli salad (Hey would you believe my tracker has broccoli, bacon, raisin salad in it's data base so I was able to log it accurately ) I thought about one small something something but I reasoned with myself that this wasn't a special occasion, but merely a Thursday at work and I hadn't planned for an indulgence etc. and I walked away. Today I thought I really might need a slice of cheese pizza for dinner. I entered into my tracker to see if it could work. Well it could, but it seemed like so many calories for the amount of protein. And if I did eat it, I would just make my protein goal with no little fudge room if I over calculated the amount of protein in my other foods. The price seemed too high and so I am having Cod for dinner. Another day, well maybe I would have chose the pizza ~ to me what's important is exactly that ~ I am doing the CHOOSING instead of just letting things "happen." Being in control feels soooo incredible. Thank you sleeve .
Old 03-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Jesse - I am LOVING your resolve! That is the kind of thinking that you must develop and that will make this work FOREVER!! The good habits help me every day.

H&H Glad to hear things are going so well for you! Sadly, I was 320 when I got pregnant - with TWINS - and I was 360 when I delivered by emergency c-section 5 weeks early. I will never forget one of the nurses looking at me in disgust as she asked me, "Are you able to go to the bathroom by yourself normally?" I mean yes, I was large, but I was always pretty nimble and, I think, relatively graceful for someone so big. She really upset me. Mind you, this was about 10 minutes before I went in to have the c-section. Man, I wish I could have a few minutes to talk to her now.

I wogged (my term for the fast walking and sometimes jogging I do...) for about 2.5 miles in 32 minutes today. My goal is to get that time down to about 25 minutes for 2 miles. That will take some time, but I've got lots of it...

Eating is a struggle these days. When I get stressed suddenly everything looks good and I would rather eat than drink. I'm also crazy busy right now, so exercise is a challenge, too. That said, I know what I need to do and there's no time like the present. Tomorrow I am in a chili cookoff, so I know I will have to eat some chili, but other than that, tomorrow and Sunday are, I believe, protein shake days. Protein shakes and water...and maybe a Greek yogurt once or twice a day. I need to get back in control and think beyond the present.

My March goals are...
1. To get back down to 183. I weighed 189 a few days ago I will weigh in again in the morning so I know. I wouldn't be suprised if I was more.
2. To be able to walk/jog 1 mile in 13 minutes out of my walking workouts. Right now I'm usually 14 minutes or slightly more.
3. Take an honest look at my eating and do something about how sloppy it is lately. Some things I'm considering... giving up cereal, period. no more crackers - not even Wasa. I got into a bad habit of putting pretzels and/or graham crackers in my sugar free pudding with sf whipped cream. I have to stop! No more carbs in the pudding and I think I have to give up my sf whipped cream for a while. I also have to severely limit my night time snacking. Without realizing it I can down several ounces of cheese and some crackers...and its almost midnight sometimes! Nooooooo!

More later...I think I'm kinda rambling right now! What are YOUR goals? O,o
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 03-01-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
I've resolved to quit messing around and start exercising on a regular basis. So I jumped in headfirst and did the first disc of P90X last night. I thought I was going to die in the first 5 minutes. Then found out that was only the warm-up. I can't do more than a wimpy girl push-up and don't have the pull-up bar installed yet so I had to wing it quite a bit substituting other exercises with my resisntance bands, hand weights, etc.), but I got through the whole hour AND walked 2 miles on the treadmill afterwards. Of course tonight I am exhausted and I'm going to bed early. But I'm getting up early tomorrow and starting on the treadmill, and doing disk 2 later in the day. Pray for me
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

checking in ... ah, Saturday! No specific plans for the weekend and it feels luxurious. Just got up, but on my workout clothes and made a Chai Latte. I'm loving this ~ I take about 1/2 cup of milk or sf almond milk, heat it up in my big mug in the microwave. The I drop in a chai tea bag and add hot water (I use my Kuerig for instant hot water) and sf vanilla syrup I bought from Starbucks. Love it. When it gets warmer, I'll probably make it on ice. So surfing the net while I drink this, then I'll have some yogurt and go workout. Sun is shining, I'm looking forward to the day!
Jesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Back from my workout Now I'm going shopping. I'm going to Florida for spring break at the end of the month. I am so tempted to buy capris etc now, but I'm trying to make myself wait until closer to leaving. I did order a swimsuit from JCP online, and it's in, so I'm going to go pick that up. I know, I know, it's crazy to order something like a swimsuit, right? but it was deeply clearanced so I figure if it doesn't work for public I can at least use it in my hot tub here at home either that or go naked because my size 24W suit isn't doing it's job covering everything up anymore. It tends to let the boobies roam free! While my dh might like the go naked idea, to avoid gossip in the neighborhood and maintain decorum for my childrens' sake, I shall continue wearing a suit (a smaller suit! ) Off I go! I'll check in later to see what adventures everyone else gets into this weekend.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #10

Hi Jesse, Yum I love SF Chai Lattes. What size suit did you get? Awesome on the breakfast and exercise... I loved reading both of those posts, and the stuff about the suit and hubby made me laugh!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
I've resolved to quit messing around and start exercising on a regular basis. So I jumped in headfirst and did the first disc of P90X last night. I thought I was going to die in the first 5 minutes. Then found out that was only the warm-up. I can't do more than a wimpy girl push-up and don't have the pull-up bar installed yet so I had to wing it quite a bit substituting other exercises with my resisntance bands, hand weights, etc.), but I got through the whole hour AND walked 2 miles on the treadmill afterwards. Of course tonight I am exhausted and I'm going to bed early. But I'm getting up early tomorrow and starting on the treadmill, and doing disk 2 later in the day. Pray for me
I've heard P90X is HARD... I have the original Power 90 and it is a good program.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Hi Jesse, Yum I love SF Chai Lattes. What size suit did you get? Awesome on the breakfast and exercise... I loved reading both of those posts, and the stuff about the suit and hubby made me laugh!
I got a size 16 "secretly slenderizing" one piece. It fits okay, the butt is saggy and I have to stuff my boobs into the cups, but it does a nice job on the midriff. I bought a very cute swim skirt, very swingy, so it will distract from my saggy thighs, and cover the saggy rear end (both mine and the suit ). So this will do ~ I didn't want to arrive in Florida without a suit, because I will no doubt swim as soon as I get there, but then I will probably shop for a better one once I'm there. The selection is SOOOOOO much better in Florida.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
I've heard P90X is HARD... I have the original Power 90 and it is a good program.
Hard is not really accurate.....Insanely Impossible is a bit closer!

So I attempted disc 2 last night (they give you a few program options and for each, tell you what order and at what frequency to do the discs), it was "Plyometrics" - lots of lunging and jumping. I got about 10 minutes in and called "uncle". My legs are like jelly even today. This is going to be more like "P360X" for me. I have accepted that I am not merely "out of shape" - I have never been "in" shape.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Allison - Congrats on trying all that. I am a wimpy walker, but it gets the job done. I was never in shape either, until maybe 18 months ago. It feel so good to be able to do things (like stairs or running to catch a loose paper or an elevator) without thinking twice.

Jesse - Where in Florida will you be; maybe we could say hi! There are TONS of bathing suits here...my plan is to go looking for one or two soon.

I walked 2.9 miles today in about 37 minutes. I jogged a little of it, but then my right knee started to ache so I just walked.

How is everyone?
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #15

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
This is going to be more like "P360X" for me.
Lol!! This mad me laugh so much! I have a knockoff version of the p90x program, I have yet to open it!

I have been taking it easy on the workouts lately and limiting myself on what I do since the car wreck. I had some bruised ribs on the right. Yesterday I felt okay enough to try to go back to Rock Body Extreme Core yoga (it's been 3 weeks since). About 20 minutes in I was hurting. The ribs weren't quite ready for that much of a core/oblique workout!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #16

Well, I went on a shopping spree this weekend lol. I suppose you could call it a spree... I went to Victoria's Secret and spent almost $300 on 5 bras - and that's after coupons! I had $30 off in coupons. I've been buying inexpensive WalMart bras for a while because I was planning on havnig surgery this year and I knew that I would need new bras after, but the car threw that out of the plans for a while. So I just went Saturday evening and picked out 5 pretty new ones. A pretty hot pink on with bling all over it, a pink one with red lace, a light pink one with black lace, a white one with black lace and a lime green one with white lace. I already have 50 milliondy billiondy pairs of VS panties so I didn't buy any of those (actually I had coupons to get 3 free) but I went all out with the bras.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #17

"milliondy billiondy"?? lol
Sounds like a fun shopping spree! Did you do a fashion show afterwards? lol
Old 03-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Allison - Congrats on trying all that. I am a wimpy walker, but it gets the job done. I was never in shape either, until maybe 18 months ago. It feel so good to be able to do things (like stairs or running to catch a loose paper or an elevator) without thinking twice.

Jesse - Where in Florida will you be; maybe we could say hi! There are TONS of bathing suits here...my plan is to go looking for one or two soon.

I walked 2.9 miles today in about 37 minutes. I jogged a little of it, but then my right knee started to ache so I just walked.

How is everyone?
Huh? Whatever! You are Superwoman!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #19

Hi all. I had my 3 month appt today, got a B12 shot and they took blood for labs. They'll call if there is any abnormality. I weighed in 52 lbs less and that was after drinking 48 oz of water, a protein shake and a cup of coffee plus a cheese stick. I'm pretty happy with that although in my warped mind, I really wanted to hit 60 lbs. She told me that at my 6 month checkup, they like to see 50% of your excess weight gone. That would be awesome. I hope to lose about 150 or maybe a little more. I don't know but will know when I get close. So 50% of that is 75. I think that is doable, what do you think?
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi all. I had my 3 month appt today, got a B12 shot and they took blood for labs. They'll call if there is any abnormality. I weighed in 52 lbs less and that was after drinking 48 oz of water, a protein shake and a cup of coffee plus a cheese stick. I'm pretty happy with that although in my warped mind, I really wanted to hit 60 lbs. She told me that at my 6 month checkup, they like to see 50% of your excess weight gone. That would be awesome. I hope to lose about 150 or maybe a little more. I don't know but will know when I get close. So 50% of that is 75. I think that is doable, what do you think?
doable ~ at my 3 month check up I was down 52 since surgery too, and at my 6 month I was down 80 pounds. Seems like we are on similar trajectories so I see no reason to believe you can't lose 27 pounds in the next 3 months (but don't be surprised if it's more )
Old 03-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #21

Chewie ... I agree with Jesse... totally doable!
Congrats on your three month appointment!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #22

Quote:
"milliondy billiondy"?? lol
Sounds like a fun shopping spree! Did you do a fashion show afterwards? lol
It's a real word, I swear!

Quote:
Get a copy of all your labs. Abnormalities are fine to check for but you want to watch trends too. If your iron or protein is always within normal limits, but it's dropped from high normal to low normal in 3 months then something is going on. I always request a copy sent to me and I track them. If you catch a trend before it becomes an abnormality then things are much easier to keep on track!

75 is doable. Follow your rules, and keep up your exercise.

But don't be alarmed because 3 months is a typical time for a stall. As is 6 months. I stalled pretty good around then... weeks. Then bam! it all started dropping quickly again.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
So I need to vent

I have a good friend who is having VSG in two weeks.
When I told her I was having it done last Fall (surgery 11/28), she was happy for me, but aggravated that she didnt qualify. (she is much taller than me with no comorbidities at that time)

She has since been given the green light after being diagnosed with sleep apnea.

She is not telling any of our close group of friends (they already know about me), nor is she telling her family other than hubby and parents.

Part of me is thinking way ahead..and thinking how will she handle weightloss compliments with me in the room, who is known to have had surgery...all the while, no one will know about her.

I don't know how I will feel when people think she did this without assistance, and looking at me like I cheated or something. I know, I know...ridiculous.

She has already gone on and on about her surgeon, his requirements, how strict they are, yada yada...and she coudlnt believe I didnt have to do liquids for two weeks pre surgery, or do full liquids for a month post op (I went to soft solids 2 weeks post op)

While she has been supportive, she had made little digs like..."you have a love affair with food, I don't (I am well known to be a foodie/chef in our group)...sort of like telling me, she is so different from me, and that her surgeon is stricter, etc.

The up side is that she talked to me yesterday and said that she finally understood why I bawled my eyes out in her kitchen one week post op...now that she was on day #1 of her preop liquid diet (and feeling the deprivation)

I am being VERY supportive of her and taking this all on the chin.

I think in the long run, I will be invaluable to her and she takes this journey...as I explained to her...emotional support is key.

Speaking of chins...I found mine (before and after pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before-After.jpg (74.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #24

Krissy, I had compassion for your friend and was going to say go easy on her up until you got to the part where she said "you have a love affair with food, I don't"... that just woke up my slap reflex lol I mean, I understand if you are the known "foodie" as you put it, but there's no reason to get all superior... you are an awesome friend for "taking it on the chin"...

PS congrats on your NSV pics there.... has your guy lost a little weight too (not that he was heavy before, but his face looks a tad trimmer, too!)

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #25

Ug, I have terrible allergies today.... it was windy yesterday and something must be flying around that offends my system. I never had allergies as a kid... I dunno what happened... now I seem to have 'em year round
Old 03-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Krissy, I had compassion for your friend and was going to say go easy on her up until you got to the part where she said "you have a love affair with food, I don't"... that just woke up my slap reflex lol I mean, I understand if you are the known "foodie" as you put it, but there's no reason to get all superior... you are an awesome friend for "taking it on the chin"...

PS congrats on your NSV pics there.... has your guy lost a little weight too (not that he was heavy before, but his face looks a tad trimmer, too!)
Now that I am eating toddler size portions and very little alcohol, he of course lost weight (being a man!!! Arggh!)...
He is short, so he battles a little paunch at times, but nothing too bad.
I feel like I am whining but it's all in the delivery...I don't think she means to sound that way, and maybe I am overly sensitive. I love her and want her to succeed. It will be nice to commiserate with a friend who will really understand.
Krissy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
It's a real word, I swear!

Get a copy of all your labs. Abnormalities are fine to check for but you want to watch trends too. If your iron or protein is always within normal limits, but it's dropped from high normal to low normal in 3 months then something is going on. I always request a copy sent to me and I track them. If you catch a trend before it becomes an abnormality then things are much easier to keep on track!

75 is doable. Follow your rules, and keep up your exercise.

But don't be alarmed because 3 months is a typical time for a stall. As is 6 months. I stalled pretty good around then... weeks. Then bam! it all started dropping quickly again.
Ok, I will get a copy, thanks.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #28

Krissy, my first thought was how could your friend say that to you--..."you have a love affair with food, I don't"? How did she get overweight or obese then?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Krissy, my first thought was how could your friend say that to you--..."you have a love affair with food, I don't"? How did she get overweight or obese then?
She blames it on never feeling full and a family history of obesity.
I think she needs to redefine her relationship with food.
I have always loved cooking, from when I was little. I always had junk in the trunk but never hit the 'obese' level until my late thirties.
Cooking for me, has always been about creating something, feeding people I love..challenging myself with harder recipes through the years. So yes, I do LOVE food, but in a different way.
That being said, second helpings, richer foods, less activity and a lot of eating out...things got out of control, and so did my weight.
I told her, our brain is the thing that needs the most work. If that doesn't get ironed out, nothing will work.
Krissy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #30

Things you might consider - your friend is probably embarassed at having to go this route, which is why she is not telling anyone. She is probably jealous and afraid of failure - which is why she is making little digs at you. Yes, you are being sensitive, but she knows what she's saying to you. Most people know when they say hurtful things.

I never had a love affair with food. I had an emptiness that I filled with food. So anyway, regardless of WHAT KIND of relationship we all had with food it was a completely and totally UNHEALTHY one. Who cares what they call it, your friend will realize that sooner or later. She's not willing to understand yet, because it all seems easier in the beginning. On paper it looks like the easy way out. Mentally, physically, emotionally it's not and she'll realize that pretty quickly after surgery and THEN all that support will become invaluable.

Take her with a grain of salt right now. If she hurts your feelings tell her (assuming you have that kind of relationship), but otherwise just let it roll right off.