Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Ever since we walked so much at the zoo on Tuesday, my upper thighs and hips are hurting me too. Plus by the end of the day, I was weebling when I walked. I told ds I looked like I was drunk. I was tired and must have looked like a nut. LOL I hope this hip thing goes away soon.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 01:42 PM   #122

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I was off balance a lot.
This is a fluid balance indicator. You could be dehydrated. I know this is one of my cues that I am too far dehydrated and need to push fluids. I tend to veer to the left.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #123

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I've been releasing quite allot of fluid the past couple of days lol thank god, I THOUGHT I had been feeling/looking quite swollen... Bloat, bloat go away... and don't come back
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I've been releasing quite allot of fluid the past couple of days lol thank god, I THOUGHT I had been feeling/looking quite swollen... Bloat, bloat go away... and don't come back
Yes! De-bloating feels so good.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

I had a lot of fun this weekend, but I did get into a tussle with some chips and dip at a girl's night out party. I wasn't totally out of control, but enough to make me feel scared and when I got home I told my dh under no circumstances are chips to come into our house ~ I'm not as ready to deal as I thought. On a happier note, I'm getting ready to go to Florida this Friday and I've noticed a few things
1. In the past I might have begun the "vacation eating" already, which was always even more anything goes than my normal anything goes . Not today, everything back on track despite encounter with bewitching chips last night. I don't anticipate any vacation eating this week either.
2. I sure can fit a lot more clothes in my suitcase because they are sooo much smaller!
3. I cannot resist buying spring dresses
Old 03-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #126

good post, Jesse! I wish I were going on vacation. I am almost jealous of my former coworkers who are on furlough next week, but instead I start a new job! Yikes!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
2. I sure can fit a lot more clothes in my suitcase because they are sooo much smaller!
3. I cannot resist buying spring dresses
Yes, this! My first year at the DFW 3 Day walk I was about 250 (I'd lost some training for the 60 mile walk!) and we have a weight limit on our bags. That includes sleeping bags, air mattresses, everything. I had to be so particular about what types of clothes and how I packed them to get *just* enough in there to bring. We're talking lightweight windpants, capri workout pants - and everything was packed in those vacuum bags. Snacks. Now? Two or three pairs of jeans, big warm footie pajamas, the works! It all fits with room to spare!

Resist buying *too many* spring dresses. You'll undergrow them before you get much wear out of them.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #128

Question: I have always hated to try on clothes especially pants as I've been so big that things were always too small. That feeling still continues. My dh wants me to wear clothes that fit and it's hard since things are just getting too big now. When/did you start enjoying to try on smaller clothes??? (BTW, I have tons---I might undergrow them if I don't go through them soon)
Old 03-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Question: I have always hated to try on clothes especially pants as I've been so big that things were always too small. That feeling still continues. My dh wants me to wear clothes that fit and it's hard since things are just getting too big now. When/did you start enjoying to try on smaller clothes??? (BTW, I have tons---I might undergrow them if I don't go through them soon)
I went through my closet at least 3 times a month. Not quite every week, but sometimes. And seriously, the amount of clothes I STILL got rid of without ever wearing was astounding. I was brutal. I had TONS of clothes so if it was even remotely too big it went. Unless it was sentimental like a band jacket or a 3 Day walker shirt. Then it was relegated to the end of the closet for keeping or to the pajama drawer.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
If you already own the smaller clothes I agree you need to try them on frequently. I'm all out of "when I lose weight" stash, but I had a rotation system ~ the clothes stored waiting to move into the closet and those that had left the closet to await their trip to the consignment shop or Goodwill. I agree with Heather, do it frequently I think I did some assessing every Sunday to get ready for the week. Now I ONLY have clothes in my closet that fit! And clothes I like! If I can't wear it today, it's stored someplace else. If I'm not into it so much it leaves, because I no longer need to keep anything just because it fits. I all my new (new to me anyhow) clothes.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #131

I tried on 8 pair of pants and 1 fit, 2 were too big and 5 were too small. I have oodles more that I will pull out some everyday and then organize by size. Hopefully that way I can get a handle on things and not undergrow too much while having nothing to wear. LOL
Old 03-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I tried on 8 pair of pants and 1 fit, 2 were too big and 5 were too small. I have oodles more that I will pull out some everyday and then organize by size. Hopefully that way I can get a handle on things and not undergrow too much while having nothing to wear. LOL
Do not turn your back on the 5 that were too small. They will fit sooner than you think and end up going the way of the already too big ones. Enjoy wearing the pair that did fit, nothing like putting on clothes that were just too small once upon a time.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:50 AM   #133

Quote:
Do not turn your back on the 5 that were too small. They will fit sooner than you think and end up going the way of the already too big ones. Enjoy wearing the pair that did fit, nothing like putting on clothes that were just too small once upon a time.
Oh, I have them saved. Today I hope to try on more pants and then get a bin and mark it for the smaller pants.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #134

Quote:
I never bought clothes in my current size or the size smaller. They had to be at least 2 sizes smaller for me to buy them because by the time I realized my currents were too big I had already skipped the next size! I bought (and still do buy) all my clothes from thrift stores. Every once in a while, now that I'm in a stable size I'll splurge on something "retail". All my under things are bought new, of course, but since I got so good at being a thrift shopper I can get perfectly awesome outfits at a fraction of the cost. I found I have become pretty brand specific when it comes to jeans and pants whereas before if it fit I bought it, the cheaper the better! Now I'm pretty exclusive to Seven and BKE which if new will run about $100 - but *I* get them for about $2-5 a pair. Less if the store is having a "bag sale" - all the clothes you can fit in a grocery bag for $5. For pants/trousers I prefer Express or Gap. I even own skirts and dresses now lol - and actually wear them!

AND it used to be the number on the tag mattered. Now, eh. I've come to realize that a 6 in one brand is the same as a 2 in another. The fits the same, the tag is not. So it doesn't bother me that the dress I wore last night was a 4, the slacks I'll wear tomorrow will be a 6 and the scrubs I have on today are an XS. I *know* to take multiple sizes in with me to try on and not to discount a cute item of clothing because it's a size up (or down) anymore.

I also find myself drawn to prints now when before I NEVER would wear a print, let alone a big loud one. Now I own several pairs of patterned slacks, dresses and skirts. And I almost never wear a solid colored top unless it's a t-shirt or sweater.

Shoes, jewelry and purses are a completely seperate issue lol. I probably have one of each to match every outfit imaginable. I was just thinking last night that I needed a better system to store my shoes and purses. Especially the purses. I hope my hubby never finds out how many dollars I have invested in bags and wallets.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #135

Heather you are too funny. I too only shop thrift and consignment stores. I can't really afford new retail anyway and I like the bargain hunting.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #136

Quote:
I like the bargain hunting.
This. Exactly. I get a kick out of not spending much on my outfits (all the more for spending on all the other things!) and still getting compliments. If it's a good brand and good quality it lasts a long time. I laugh every time someone compliments my outfit and I'm like "Thanks, cost me a whole dollar!"
Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #137

... just popping in to say hello!! It seems we've had allot of people come and go in the past few months... I miss those who dropped off... if any of y'all are lurking, come out!!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #138

Come out come out where ever you are!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Leaving the cold for a week in Florida tomorrow Sorry to be leaving dh and ds who for various reasons aren't able to go, but happy to have a week to read, sleep, swim and shop. I love Beaull's of Florida And we don't have Dillard's up north so I always like to swing by there too ~ and this time I will be skipping the plus size sections
Old 03-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
FYI/PSA: I got some pre-natal multivitamins on clearance at Meijer last night, good until 12/2015. 16 months worth for $65, and pre-natals are an FSA item so I was able to use my FSA card.

The pharmacist also told me that one of their free/no-cost prescriptions is a pre-natal multivitamin, and anyone can get it as long as they have a prescription. She said they even have male customers who use it. And of course, no insurance coverage required, it's totally no-cost.
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #141

Oh Jesse, have fun. Who are you going with????
Old 03-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #142

Quote:
Leaving the cold for a week in Florida tomorrow Sorry to be leaving dh and ds who for various reasons aren't able to go, but happy to have a week to read, sleep, swim and shop. I love Beaull's of Florida And we don't have Dillard's up north so I always like to swing by there too ~ and this time I will be skipping the plus size sections
Jealous! I would love a week in the Florida sun! Warmth and ebooks. Oh yeah!

I bought a swimsuit for my yoga retreat. I like one that shows off my $$$$ back ink, but hides the tummy and still supports the saggy boobies lol. Those are hard to find!! But I found something at Walmart of all places. It's a bandeau tankini with a halter strap that can be attached (I need to shorten it for more support) and it has layers of "ruffles" down the front that hide the tummy fluff. The back is completely open and it ties in one spot so that you can make it as tight or loose as you want. It shows pretty much my whole back tattoo, which I , with the exception of a small bit where the tie goes across. There's no pool but there is a hot tob. I expect to have to need that after all the intense classes!

I plan on going through my clothes again this weekend probably and being realistic about what I wear and paring it all down. I did this with my jeans and got rid of all but about a dozen pairs of jeans and probably just as many slacks (that means I got rid of probably 50-60 pairs total fyi). I need to do my tops now. I know there are at least that many tops that I don't/won't wear.

Did I mention how much I like to buy clothes?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #143
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hey Peeps, Sorry I have been MIA. Work and life really are giving me the business lately. I have been working at losing the (ahem) about ten pounds I gained since my thigh surgery. I've lost about 3. I gained a biggest loser type contest at work...not to win the money (although I'd like that), but moreso to be accountable another way. I also saw a therapist last week. Soooo much personal crap to go through. I became/am overwhelmed. I hope it will help. I am optimistic that it will.

One response about buying clothes... I did something weird I guess. I didn't buy anything for well over a year. First, I worked my way through what I owned. I started in a 4X or 5X and worked my way down to my "skinny" 22W's. So, when I finally started having plastic surgery things began looking ridiculous. Then, when I had the tummy tuck? LOL I looked really awful. I went from wearing my 3X's to 14-16 overnight. Very surreal. Now, I buy things when I find a good deal (just got 3 Calvin Klein dresses each marked down to under $40 each). I am slowly buying pretty jewelry to compliment most things. It is fun - but can get pricey.

Sorry I have been so...absent. I will try to keep up and respond. Happy Easter and Spring, everyone.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #144

Quote:
Sorry I have been so...absent. I will try to keep up and respond. Happy Easter and Spring, everyone.
Stick around.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #145

HT--I was wondering what happened to you. Glad you're back. We missed you.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #146
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks you guys. When life gets hard I know the thing to do is post more, not less...just got tired of hearing myself whine - at least whining in my head.

I've put on some weight and it makes me mad. I am doing better now, but I have a ways to go. I need to weigh more often and cut out more carbs. I've also been eating far too many nuts (darn you, huge bag of pistachios from Sam's Club!). I have to be more mindful!!

More later...lots of things to do today.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #147

Quote:
Thanks you guys. When life gets hard I know the thing to do is post more, not less...just got tired of hearing myself whine - at least whining in my head.

I've put on some weight and it makes me mad. I am doing better now, but I have a ways to go. I need to weigh more often and cut out more carbs. I've also been eating far too many nuts (darn you, huge bag of pistachios from Sam's Club!). I have to be more mindful!!

More later...lots of things to do today.
I'm all too familiar with all that. Before WLS it was a free for all with anything. Now it's a more structured free for all. But the same concept applies. I'm trying to learn that just because its "legal" doesn't mean I can eat the whole bag in 2 days!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Happy Easter!

I was going to post a pic but don't see the manage attachments thing, can we not post pics anymore??
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
Happy Easter!

I was going to post a pic but don't see the manage attachments thing, can we not post pics anymore??
Hmmm, I don't think you can do it with quick reply, you have to "go advanced". If you quote someone I think it automatically takes you there and that is why you might not have realized that. Since you aren't quoting anyone you were probably in quick reply mode.

I'd love to see a pic! How are you and baby???
Old 03-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

Right, Heather...No more giant bags of nuts!