LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Just bought a kick ass red kitchenaid mixer for a super deal price. Making meatloaf for dinner.
I have a black Kitchenaid mixer - I've never used it, it's just countertop bling
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Scale said 184 this morning. I stood in quiet disbelief, then in gratitude, as I realized that I have lost 100# since surgery, 109# since I began this journey. I feel more than . I am 14 pounds away from my first goal.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Reflectin on why I needed WLS

So today I reached that big milestone ~ 100# lost since surgery. A 100# in 9 months. I realize now (what I've know since I started this journey actually) that this kind of weight loss, for me, was only possible through WLS. First there are the statistics that only 5% of people maintain their loss after diets. My surgeon says research for the morbidly obese indicates it is only 1%. 1% I didn't feel that lucky, that I could be that 1%, no matter how hard I worked. And now that I am sleeved, I look at the reality of my life. After 9 months of careful eating, tracking protein, calories and water, exercising, I have lost 100 pounds. This is wonderful, but again, I think it shows how much I needed this surgery. Without my sleeve, there isn't a 1% chance I could maintain a regime of 800 calories a day or less, there is absolutely 0% chance I could have done it. And now it is clear, in order to lose a significant amount of weight, to coax my body to let go of it's fat, that is what's necessary. I have to eat very low calorie. We talk a lot about needing to change habits and the way we think; without the sleeve, I couldn't do that because I was white knuckling it through the diet deprivation, and losing slowly. The sleeve has allowed me to unclench and reflect; all the energy I spent trying to fight off hunger I can now use to get my head straight. And the rewards that re-enforce my hard work, well they seem infinite. I have escaped fat prison. I think that this journey will never be over, but it is no longer an impossible feat. To everyone here who went there before me, thank you for posting about your experience your struggles and your triumphs. You pointed me towards this path, and I am eternally grateful. For everyone on this same journey right now, thanks for your support and encouragement.

Last edited by Jesse; 03-17-2013 at 11:16 AM..
Old 03-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
I have a black Kitchenaid mixer - I've never used it, it's just countertop bling
I have had mine for years and I LOVE it. I use it all the time. I even shred cooked chicken in it.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
So today I reached that big milestone ~ 100# lost since surgery. A 100# in 9 months. I realize now (what I've know since I started this journey actually) that this kind of weight loss, for me, was only possible through WLS. First there are the statistics that only 5% of people maintain their loss after diets. My surgeon says research for the morbidly obese indicates it is only 1%. 1% I didn't feel that lucky, that I could be that 1%, no matter how hard I worked. And now that I am sleeved, I look at the reality of my life. After 9 months of careful eating, tracking protein, calories and water, exercising, I have lost 100 pounds. This is wonderful, but again, I think it shows how much I needed this surgery. Without my sleeve, there isn't a 1% chance I could maintain a regime of 800 calories a day or less, there is absolutely 0% chance I could have done it. And now it is clear, in order to lose a significant amount of weight, to coax my body to let go of it's fat, that is what's necessary. I have to eat very low calorie. We talk a lot about needing to change habits and the way we think; without the sleeve, I couldn't do that because I was white knuckling it through the diet deprivation, and losing slowly. The sleeve has allowed me to unclench and reflect; all the energy I spent trying to fight off hunger I can now use to get my head straight. And the rewards that re-enforce my hard work, well they seem infinite. I have escaped fat prison. I think that this journey will never be over, but it is no longer an impossible feat. To everyone here who went there before me, thank you for posting about your experience your struggles and your triumphs. You pointed me towards this path, and I am eternally grateful. For everyone on this same journey right now, thanks for your support and encouragement.
You have done phenomenal.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #96

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Jesse that is AWESOME!!!!!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #97
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Congrats Jesse!!! I am so happy for you!!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #98

Today is my surgiversary. 3 years... unbelievable!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi folks. Wow, things are all of a sudden changing big time. I'm in a size 1X top from a 3X. I was able to comfortably cross my legs on Sunday. I can't even remember the last time I could do that and today, I am 1 pound away from 60 pounds gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling?!?
Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm so happy for you - and i agree with every word you said
Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

I have been invited to be a panelist at a symposium for the medical staff at the hospital I had my surgery at. I will be speaking about how I'm treated differently now that I've lost weight, compared to how I was treated when I was obese. I participate in every support group meeting that I can (I only miss when I'm out of town for work), and the group organizer recruited me. I'm very excited about this.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Congrats!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #103

Quote:
I have been invited to be a panelist at a symposium for the medical staff at the hospital I had my surgery at. I will be speaking about how I'm treated differently now that I've lost weight, compared to how I was treated when I was obese. I participate in every support group meeting that I can (I only miss when I'm out of town for work), and the group organizer recruited me. I'm very excited about this.
That's great.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #104

I stepped on the scale today and SURPRISE! I am now down 63 pounds!!!!! Today is 15 weeks so a little over 4 pounds a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Quote:
QFT

YOU ROCK.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #106

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
I have had mine for years and I LOVE it. I use it all the time. I even shred cooked chicken in it.
Ooh - tell me more! I don't even know where to begin to use it - but I wanted it so I bought it lol. I've made meatloaf in it so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Congrats! As much as I dislike the word itself (nails on chalkboard lol) I grasp it significance. My 3 years is the 29th. Soon.

Quote:
How awesome! And very true. I am treated very differently!

Quote:
I stepped on the scale today and SURPRISE! I am now down 63 pounds!!!!! Today is 15 weeks so a little over 4 pounds a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #107

I use it to make all kinds of stuff---lc baking, breads, meringues, etc I have had it for many years and for a year, I baked my way through an artisan bread cookbook. Not for lc. LOL
Old 03-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #108

Positive posts this morning... I needed a dose of positivity. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats, Mary! Look how far you've come!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
I had my three month surgical follow up yesterday afternoon... and my doc is VERY happy with my progress.

Still waiting on my lab results, but so far, so good!
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #111

Thanks HT! Gymnopedie, I loved going to my follow ups to show off and get pats on the back tee hee
Old 03-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Today is my 7-month surgiversary. Today, I weigh 170 pounds. <-- tears of joy. I wore a new jacket to work today - one of my amazing finds at the Burlington Coat Factory. It's a little snug, but I'm all about form-fitting these days, now that I have discovered I actually have a waist and hips. It's a size small. I'm not kidding myself - it should be marked a medium at best, but the psychological boost it gives me is immeasurable.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #113

Quote:
Today is my 7-month surgiversary. Today, I weigh 170 pounds. <-- tears of joy. I wore a new jacket to work today - one of my amazing finds at the Burlington Coat Factory. It's a little snug, but I'm all about form-fitting these days, now that I have discovered I actually have a waist and hips. It's a size small. I'm not kidding myself - it should be marked a medium at best, but the psychological boost it gives me is immeasurable.
I'm so flippin' happy for you!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #114

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Best feeling!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #115

Hi friends. Took my ds14 to Tulsa to the zoo and aquarium for a few days but we're home. My legs are so sore from all the walking, which is a good thing. Now back to reality and work tomorrow. I took my shakes with me and made good choices so it was doable. We went to places that had half price appetizers for our dinners and that was perfect. We got 4 different things and I made sure we had protein for me. It was perfect and fun. DS14 got to eat what I didn't which as you know, was a lot and he loved it.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

I'm having a problem with my feet. My ankles hurt like crazy, so I went to see a podiatrist today. He puts me through some tests, tells me some ligiment (says the name can;t remember) is overworked and says I have flat arches. He prescribes home care (icing, elevation) and physical therapy 2 x a week for four weeks. He also prescribes new orthotics. I thought maybe because I've lost weight they weren't fitting right and actually aggravating things, but he thought they weren't providing enough support, but were still okay to wear until I got new ones. Nobody has ever told me I have flat arches, and I've been treated for foot problems before I don't doubt his diagnosis, I liked him and the I felt he took his time examining me and asking questions. Isn't it strange though that I would have way worse foot problems AFTER I lost 100 pounds? I wondering if our gaits change, or the shape of our foot changes and changes our gaits, or if all the hormonal upheaval causes weirdness with the tendons etc. I feel like the physical therapy will help a lot, but I'm on the fence about new inserts. They are so expensive! The ones I am wearing now I had made four years ago and never really used them up until about 2 months ago when my feet started to hurt. I walked around for years weighing 100 pounds more than I do now and did okay. Anybody have any experience with this?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Jesse, my feet haven't hurt - but the bones in my lower legs (I guess my shins?) were achingly terribly from months 2 to 4.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

There was a while there that I was off balance a lot. I was used to a lot more weight to move around with and it took time to get used to it. I have a lot less pain now than I did then, however. I used to just ache a lot, but now my biggest complaint is a sore knee when I have jogged too much. I'll take it!

I do hope you get to the bottom of your issue as quickly and painlessly as possible!

Allison, Congrats! You're doing so well!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #119

my feet got smaller... and I am trying to remember for sure, but I think I did have a period of time when my feet were hurting allot.... I know for sure I had a period of time when my tail bone hurt all the time and it was from having less cushioning around it (or so I am told).
Old 03-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

My tailbone hurt for several months and I could not sit down witout fidgeting - a LOT!

My shoe size went from a 12W in most shoes to a "regular" 11 - or probably a 10.5 (if they'd make it...). I still need a wide calf boot, however... Darn you big legs!! :P