Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:21 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
I have the cold from he!!.

Seriously, I feel like I've been hit by a truck.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Feel better Mary & Gymnopedie.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #63

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Whew! I went to the breast clinic the following morning and all is well
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #64

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
The headache and allergies continue... I posted my menu today on the what are we doing/eating thread ... I have been getting too hungry and eating too much or going off plan while trying to do medifast and then 5 day pouch test. I always felt satisfied with meat, veggies and fat (atkins induction style).

What I am pleased about is that a few days shy of THREE YEARS after my sleeve, 2oz of solid meat still makes me full! The 5 asparagus spears were cut pretty short to fit in the cooker I was using lol and they were easy, but the last bit of steak, I could barely fit it in. I was very full after lunch.

I just wish I didn't have such a sweet tooth!!! No matter what plan I do, and even if it's not sugar alcohol, fructose, SUGAR but splenda or some other AS, I can't stay away.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
The headache and allergies continue... I posted my menu today on the what are we doing/eating thread ... I have been getting too hungry and eating too much or going off plan while trying to do medifast and then 5 day pouch test. I always felt satisfied with meat, veggies and fat (atkins induction style).

What I am pleased about is that a few days shy of THREE YEARS after my sleeve, 2oz of solid meat still makes me full! The 5 asparagus spears were cut pretty short to fit in the cooker I was using lol and they were easy, but the last bit of steak, I could barely fit it in. I was very full after lunch.

I just wish I didn't have such a sweet tooth!!! No matter what plan I do, and even if it's not sugar alcohol, fructose, SUGAR but splenda or some other AS, I can't stay away.
interesting... I was very satisfied with Atkins style of eating at one time, and then of course I let the carbs back in and well you know the rest of the story. I have been hoping that once I am at goal and with my new tool, that it could be my eating style again.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #66

Quote:
I have been getting too hungry and eating too much or going off plan while trying to do medifast and then 5 day pouch test

What I am pleased about is that a few days shy of THREE YEARS after my sleeve, 2oz of solid meat still makes me full!

No matter what plan I do, and even if it's not sugar alcohol, fructose, SUGAR but splenda or some other AS, I can't stay away.
I have my own thoughts about the pouch test. To me it's just the WLS version of a fad diet. When I restrict myself and my calories so much it *can* (not everyone, always) set me up for failure. If I restrict too much my body demands what it needs in the form of hunger and eventually overeating. Totally just my opinion, and I know everyone's experiences are different, but for me these things didn't work before surgery and I can't start depending on them now either.

Solid protein fills me up too at almost 3 years. About 2-3 oz MAX is what I can eat if that's all I eat. It's those easy little things like bread and goodies that go down easier that get me. If I can keep my diet heavy on the solid protein and lower on the ancillary foods I do just great.

I have such a sweet tooth too. If I buy the dozen NSA oatmeal raisin cookies I'm eating them all day instead of real food. I end up destroying them before I eat all 2000 calories worth of them. Like down the disposal with water destroyed because I'm not above eating them out of the trash bag.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #67

Hi folks. Wow, things are all of a sudden changing big time. I'm in a size 1X top from a 3X. I was able to comfortably cross my legs on Sunday. I can't even remember the last time I could do that and today, I am 1 pound away from 60 pounds gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Hi Ladies
We put down the cat Friday--sad but nice to do in the comfort of our home. Weird not to see her Saturday morning greeting me at the bottom of my stairs. I still have my greyhound, Lola--and she lets me know it!

Did some retail therapy at Frugal Fannies and Legacy Place (great shopping day). Bought a bunch of MEDIUM sized tops (so happy about that!)

I'm a pear, so really only down a size there...running about a full 14 pant. Bought a 14 bathing suit for our trip to Puerto Rico in May.

Down 41 lbs since November 28th. Trying not to get so hung up on the scale--weighing about every 10 days or so.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #69

Thanks, Heather... good to know it's not just me hehe... does it amaze you that 2-3oz of solid protein fills you up? It still amazes me!

Chewie and Krissy congrats on the smaller clothing!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie it was like that for me- seemed like the change was suddenly overnight. I needed to buy new pants so I went shopping and went from 24 W or 22W to 16W. I began to wonder how the 24W pants had even stayed up! There will be many many more of these NSV for you.

Krissy ~ I hope you kept the receipt because that cute suit you bought may be too big in May!

Heather and Mary ~ here's to dense protein Protein first, protein first ... protein first can save us from ourselves!

My wisdom tooth is now gone. My dentist said no weights workouts until Saturday because too much could cause bleeding. Walking is okay, but not resistance training. I pumped full of novacain right now, so not feeling too much. I have the big guns on standby for pain if needed.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #71

Jesse---hope your mouth heals real quick. You are doing so great!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi folks. Wow, things are all of a sudden changing big time. I'm in a size 1X top from a 3X. I was able to comfortably cross my legs on Sunday. I can't even remember the last time I could do that and today, I am 1 pound away from 60 pounds gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Chewie it was like that for me- seemed like the change was suddenly overnight. I needed to buy new pants so I went shopping and went from 24 W or 22W to 16W. I began to wonder how the 24W pants had even stayed up! There will be many many more of these NSV for you.
Lol yup! I remember getting out of the car at Walmart and my shorts hit the ground!! I bought a new pair that day.

It seemed like I was in a size forever and then BAM I'd drop several at a time. I literally went from a 12 to an 8 - skipping 10 altogether! Which sucks because I had some *really really* cute spring skirts in a 10 that were supposed to be my goal clothes.

Which brings me to another point lol. Don't overbuy any one size thinking that's where you will/want to end up. I passed right by all those cute 10's and ended up in a 2/4. They were super cute too lol.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:28 AM   #73

I really need to work on pushing the fluids. My balance is off, which means I'm dehydrated. And I'm puffy, which means I'm *really* dehydrated. I haven't been good on the fluids lately. Not at all. I guess because it's been so cold that I really haven't been drinking water like I used to in quite a long time.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I really need to work on pushing the fluids. My balance is off, which means I'm dehydrated. And I'm puffy, which means I'm *really* dehydrated. I haven't been good on the fluids lately. Not at all. I guess because it's been so cold that I really haven't been drinking water like I used to in quite a long time.
Fluid is more challenging for me than making good food choices. I have to be very deliberate about stopping and drinking. Luckily I can chug a decent amount now, so once I realize I am behind again, I can fix pretty quickly. And sorry Texas girl, I am not going along with your it's so cold theory You have to understand that we Minnesotans comfort ourselves by telling ourselves how tough we are and refuse to acknowledge that anyone else could possibly be cold. Tough or crazy, or maybe both! And as a final disclaimer, if nothing I say makes sense I'm blaming the vicodin! My theory is that vicodin doesn't actually surpress the pain; you just don't care about the pain. Time for me to try and eat some yogurt.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #75

Jesse.... you crack me up
Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Off topic ~ I'm Catholic and our daughter is studying at a Catholic University this semester in Rome. She is in St. Peter Square right now where she heard the words habemus papam! Incredible! She goes to Loyola, a Jesuit University, and now she is there seeing the election of the first Jesuit Pope. I can't imagine. Saturday they are going on a pilgrimage to Assisi, how perfect is that, given the new Pope has chosen St. Francis' name. I am so happy for my daughter to be part of this very historic moment.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
That's really cool Jesse, he sounds like he'll be a good one.

I'm having a lot of trouble staying hydrated as well lately, I feel like water is the last thing I want to drink but I have to force myself to sip it. yuck. And I haven't had trouble with acid reflux since surgery until now that I'm pregnant it wakes me up at night. Then I can't go back to sleep and last night it actually made me vomit. Super yuck! 25 wks today.
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #78

Quote:
And sorry Texas girl, I am not going along with your it's so cold theory
I'm from Michigan, I know cold.

And it *still* doesn't matter. Cold is cold is cold. Below 80 degrees and I need a jacket and jeans. Anything below 75 and it starts to become painful - my fingers start hurting and I cannot warm up.

I'm someone who doesn't turn the air on in her car most of the summer, and IF I do it never EVER gets turned below 75 - not even when it's over 110 outside.

I just can't get warm enough, period.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #79

Quote:
Off topic ~ I'm Catholic and our daughter is studying at a Catholic University this semester in Rome. She is in St. Peter Square right now where she heard the words habemus papam! Incredible! She goes to Loyola, a Jesuit University, and now she is there seeing the election of the first Jesuit Pope. I can't imagine. Saturday they are going on a pilgrimage to Assisi, how perfect is that, given the new Pope has chosen St. Francis' name. I am so happy for my daughter to be part of this very historic moment.
Wow, that is so exciting!!!!

I was brought up Catholic too---even went to Catholic grammar school for 8 years!

Last edited by chewiegand; 03-14-2013 at 06:43 AM..
Old 03-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #80

Quote:

And it *still* doesn't matter. Cold is cold is cold. Below 80 degrees and I need a jacket and jeans. Anything below 75 and it starts to become painful - my fingers start hurting and I cannot warm up.

I'm someone who doesn't turn the air on in her car most of the summer, and IF I do it never EVER gets turned below 75 - not even when it's over 110 outside.

I am cold a lot more now that I've lost some weight too. I expect it will get more severe when I lose more.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I am cold a lot more now that I've lost some weight too. I expect it will get more severe when I lose more.
Yup, the lower your body fat percentage the more you will feel the cold. For me, with the RNY, drinking a cold beverage immediately makes me cold. Drinking warm immediately warms me up. It has to do with the open ended nature of my pouch - water is immediately poured into the small bowel when I drink it - thus changing my internal body temperature pretty quickly.

I'm working on another liter of water. How many ounces is in a liter? Almost 39? So when I finish this I'll have my minimum of 60 in.

Used to be I'd drink 20 before breakfast, another 40 before lunch and another 40 before leaving work. It was something I just expected myself to do by those markers. I haven't done that in a long time!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #82

all... my eating is somewhat back on track and adding more fat in (more like atkins) instead of medifast has made me feel allot better!!! So far, so good. I hope it lasts.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #83

Quote:
all... my eating is somewhat back on track and adding more fat in (more like atkins) instead of medifast has made me feel allot better!!! So far, so good. I hope it lasts.

Awesome feeling! I really believe that taking ourselves back to basic rules is super key to keeping ourselves on track. Yet, I always forget that and it surprises me how easily "rules" get me back where I need to be.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I will have to concede that if you're from Michigan you do know cold, especially if you're from the U.P. I sooo want to live someplace warmer, if only I could move my entire life further south ....It's weird for me, I am somewhat warmer now (I was really cold after surgery though) than I was 100 pounds ago. I still have plenty of body fat, but maybe my metabolism is running better because of the exercise?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #85

Quote:
Iespecially if you're from the U.P.
Yup, U.P. Iron Mountain.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yup, U.P. Iron Mountain.
Seriously? Iron Mountain? I've been there. I stayed at the Motel 8.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

I know I need to buy new bras and panties, I really do. I bought smaller bras after I lost about 40 pounds, well I've lost another 60 so obviously these don't fit right. And Panties, well, I'm still wearing my favorite size 24/22 cacique briefs from Lane Bryant I am wearing a large in tops and size 14 in pants so yeah, they are a tad too large. It's amazing they fit as well as they do (TMI: dh did buy a few special underthings for valentine's day so I do have something nice to wear on date night, but they don't work for everyday ) I just HATE trying on bras, and even if I get measured I still have to try on a bunch because they don't always fit right. Make me go buy some new undergarments before these fall off.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #88

Quote:
I know I need to buy new bras and panties, I really do. I bought smaller bras after I lost about 40 pounds, well I've lost another 60 so obviously these don't fit right. And Panties, well, I'm still wearing my favorite size 24/22 cacique briefs from Lane Bryant I am wearing a large in tops and size 14 in pants so yeah, they are a tad too large. It's amazing they fit as well as they do (TMI: dh did buy a few special underthings for valentine's day so I do have something nice to wear on date night, but they don't work for everyday ) I just HATE trying on bras, and even if I get measured I still have to try on a bunch because they don't always fit right. Make me go buy some new undergarments before these fall off.
Go without!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #89

Just bought a kick ass red kitchenaid mixer for a super deal price. Making meatloaf for dinner.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Go without!
What do you want me to trip? In the words of Joan Rivers, I don't have my boobs anymore, but I still have the bags they came in