Old 02-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Hi... geez, I am having a really tough time staying on track. I don't know if work stress is getting to me or what... speaking of which, I was supposed to hear back today on a job offer I was trying to negotiate... since I did not, and it will be 5:00pm in about half an hour, I am about to make that call... sigh...

Not being able to stay on track makes me feel so... ? FAT ???

Anyway, I don't know if any of you noticed, but my "user title" changed today... to Moderator. I was nominated (lol) by a couple of the Admins and since these boards have been such a blessing to me I decided of course, I would help where I can.

My first "rights" will be here on the WLS boards, since this is my home but we are making sure I am comfortable first before even that. So if you have anything you want edited (after the 60 min window is up) or removed in the next couple of weeks... let me know so I can practice lol
Krissy66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Congrats Mary. And to Heather too---I think she's getting her new vehichle---saw something on fb.

I don't think I'm eating enough. This is not easy. I think I might double up on protein shakes cause I have no appetite for much real food. Do you think that will help?

For example, yesterday's food was:
1 cup coffee w/sf davinci & half/half
a premier protein shake
2 oz of chicken breast, 1 deviled egg half, 2 small stuffed mushrooms
1 lf cheesestick
1 homemade turkey meatball w/a little shredded cheese
72 oz water
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!

Last edited by chewiegand; 02-26-2013 at 06:06 AM..
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #123

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
If asked, I have no hesitation in telling people how much I've lost. However, at the WLS support group I went to on Saturday, the majority of people said they resent being asked, that it's too personal and private to them.
How far out are they? I've noticed that earlier out the more private they are with their numbers. THe embarassment factor is still in full swing. The smaller they are and the closer to goal the less they care. Not everyone of course, but the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Hi... geez, I am having a really tough time staying on track. I don't know if work stress is getting to me or what... speaking of which, I was supposed to hear back today on a job offer I was trying to negotiate... since I did not, and it will be 5:00pm in about half an hour, I am about to make that call... sigh...

Not being able to stay on track makes me feel so... ? FAT ???

Anyway, I don't know if any of you noticed, but my "user title" changed today... to Moderator. I was nominated (lol) by a couple of the Admins and since these boards have been such a blessing to me I decided of course, I would help where I can.

My first "rights" will be here on the WLS boards, since this is my home but we are making sure I am comfortable first before even that. So if you have anything you want edited (after the 60 min window is up) or removed in the next couple of weeks... let me know so I can practice lol
I didn't notice! Congratulations! I guess we better behave now lol! I hear you with the feeling fat... but look at the pics you posted recently. Now look at your old self pics. Major hottie with girly curves. Remember that next time you feel down about it all. Stress is the ultimate negator. Get stressed and nothing seems good or right. You have control over this, and you can get through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I am not in a good place right now in any area of my life. I hate to pull the drama card, but it stinks. And it really stinks to not (even) be able to comfort myself with food. Even if I could, I can't taste it anyway. Also too stuffed up to walk with any kind of speed. It just stinks!
I eat horribly when I'm sick. I crave salty so I eat pickles and potato chips, and not much more than that. I hope you feel better. Just maintain where you are, and if you can't - just remember you know how to take it RIGHT back off. You have tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Congrats Mary. And to Heather too---I think she's getting her new vehichle---saw something on fb.

I don't think I'm eating enough. This is not easy. I think I might double up on protein shakes cause I have no appetite for much real food. Do you think that will help?

For example, yesterday's food was:
1 cup coffee w/sf davinci & half/half
a premier protein shake
2 oz of chicken breast, 1 deviled egg half, 2 small stuffed mushrooms
1 lf cheesestick
1 homemade turkey meatball w/a little shredded cheese
72 oz water
How many calories are you getting in a day? How much protein and how much fluid? By my estimation, not knowing what's in your deviled egg or stuffed mushroom - about 600. How far out are you and how much are you exercising? Without all that information I'm gonna say no, you aren't getting enough food, but that's about par for anyone still in the early stages. Don't get to where you depend on shakes to get calories/protein in, instead try to find food sources you can tolerate. Probably fine now, but later on you can eat more and if you are in a multiple shake a day habit... tons of extra calories. Adds up. Develop good habits now. I'm a broken record on that one lol.

YUP! She's mine all mine all mine!!! She's a d@mn sexy little thing too! I love her! A 2013 cayenne red Juke. She had 12 miles on her! You can't really see it in the pics, but the interior is black and red leather. It's the SL model so it's fully loaded. Spoiler, nav, heated seats, Rockford Fosgate upgraded 6 speaker system (WOW!), Sirius/XM and bluetooth. The seats are black with red stitching and red/black in the middle. Pretty. I want to just drive all day long. She has a scratch on the passenger inside panel from where they got a little careless with the razor blade when installing the window tint, but the dealer is replacing that free (of course) and providing a rental car for the day when the part comes in. I almost didn't go to this dealer because I've heard a few bad things about them but my experience was GREAT and the price was awesome (still painful though!). She's 100% mine too. No leinholder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jukemine.jpg (56.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg jukemine2.jpg (23.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Jukemine3.jpg (31.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #124

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Heather, how exciting! I am happy for you

Chewie, I stayed between 600-800 calories a day for several months after surgery... then when I got more and more active, my surgeon told me to bump it up to 1,000 because I started to get woozy, dizzy, or just generally tired... I also bumped up my protein to 100+ grams per his recommendation. Because I still was very restricted and not hungry much, I personally chose to take advantage of the honeymoon phase and just add extra shakes, sometimes even needing to add a couple tbsp peanut butter to shakes to meet my daily cals.

For RNY, I have heard horror stories of people taking advantage of the honeymoon period to the extreme though, and doing only shakes for an extended period of time, and then they ended up with a stricture BECAUSE of not ever eating any softs or solids and only having liquid.

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Heather - Congrats on the car! If I could I'd go get myself a new Mustang or Camaro...sadly, that is not going to happen anytime soon. I'll be lucky to downsize from a van to an SUV...

Hmmm, I didn't think about just never adding food when I was starting out! Darnit! lol In all seriousness, I used to drink 2 protein shakes a day and limited soft and solid foods... Now, two years out, I still usually have a shake every day. I just love them and would not get in enough protein otherwise (I still aim for about 100 grams a day).

I am feeling slightly better today - guess I may be pushing it a bit, but I walked/jogged 2 miles (in 30 minutes, so 15-minute miles) after work today. I need to do this at least 3 times a week and then longer ones on the weekends... I have to really get back to exercising at least 5 times a week. I also need to say goodbye to things like graham crackers, cereal, and the bad habit of just taking a few chips or fries off my kids' plates! Since when is that ever okay for me!?!?!?
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 188 / 174 (-20)

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 02-26-2013 at 04:04 PM..
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #126

HT do you still get swollen? Today I went for my well woman visit and when my doctor felt around my abdomen she said everything seems fine but it was just a bit hard to tell because of "all the swelling" I had told her about my LBL since I still have an opening covered by gauze and bandage, but I did not tell her it was 12 weeks ago!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Mary, I'd say most of my swelling is gone now. I was rock hard around the incisions for the first month for sure, especially with my infection. I still have some harder areas and there is still one area that just will not close. It is about 1/4 inch - I've been watching it slowly get smaller for at least 3 weeks now. I just opened a new pack of bandages for it. There's 10 in the box, so I'm hoping that means it will be gone in 11 days (irony that I always have to buy a new box of anything when I only really needed one more...). Tomorrow will be 2 months post-op for me. You did have a much more involved surgery, however, so you may be comparing apples and oranges, or at least Granny Smiths to Romes... My doc suggested I use heating pads and massage on the hard, swollen areas, which I did. She said the increased blood flow was a good thing. Ditto with exercise (for blood flow). I did finally begin to see progress when I used the heating pad and started to walk almost daily... Not sure which one of them made the big difference, or if it was all of them working together... Also, at least for me, a lot of my swelling seemed to go away almost overnight (like say a 20% improvement seemingly overnight). Maybe you are going to have that happen, too. In any case, perhaps I suggested something that could help you? I hope so.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 02-26-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
So Heather you live in Texas right? Explain to me why you have heated seats, while I, who live in Minnesota, do not? Congratulations on the new ride!

HT, sorry to hear about your struggles. You seem like a very strong and determined person, so if you are feeling overwhelmed by your life, than I would expect that there is a lot going down. Hope things can resolve in a way that bring you some peace.

Maryposa congratulations on becoming our moderator. This means you have to stay here right and keep offering support and inspiration.

Chewiegand how far are you out now? I ate under 600 calories for several months, and now eat around 800 (at 8 months). Your ability to eat more will come. At first getting 600 seemed impossible, now I can see that I could eat more than 800 very easily, but I am satisfied with 800, so during weight loss I'll try to hang out at this amount. Do what you can do, get your protein and water in, and the rest will follow.

I've been thinking more about my reluctance to share my weight loss # with anybody who asks. I've decided it's this: I am a recovered co-dependent and I love the knowledge that I don't have to share anything just because people ask. My boundaries used to be so porous ~ now my first obligation is to myself, not to pleasing someone else, so if it doesn't feel lke something I want to talk about today, then I get to say no. I guess I like flexing (politely but firmly)that "no" muscle it took me so long to develop.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #129

I will be 3 months out on Sunday.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
So Heather you live in Texas right? Explain to me why you have heated seats, while I, who live in Minnesota, do not? Congratulations on the new ride!
I am constantly FREEZING. If it gets below 85 I'm cold. In the summer, when it's 100+ my AC (in the car - my family would leave me if it were in the house!) doesn't go below 80 even on the hottest days!!! Those heated seats will get good use year round lol!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I will be 3 months out on Sunday.
You won't be getting much more than you already are in at 3 months out. At this point I would stick to food quality versus food quantity. Try not to waste real estate on foods with lower nutrition value. While potatoes have some value, they don't hold much value for us so replace them with cottage cheese or something with more protein bang for the buck... just an example.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
You won't be getting much more than you already are in at 3 months out. At this point I would stick to food quality versus food quantity. Try not to waste real estate on foods with lower nutrition value. While potatoes have some value, they don't hold much value for us so replace them with cottage cheese or something with more protein bang for the buck... just an example.
Thanks. I don't serve high carb stuff as my whole family is eating lc now which is a blessing. I only have 1 or 2 pieces of a veggie like broccoli or asparagus. I really just don't have the room for anymore than that because I am concentrating on getting in the protein.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #133

WLS Wagon - March 2013!

March thread is up... where is everyone? It's way too quiet I know why I have been.... I am just mentally drained right now! How is everyone else doing? Please come post on the new thread.

you all!