LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #31

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Wow Mary! That is really cool! I hope she is legit and not a weirdo or a scammer...have fun with it - what a cool NSV!!!
Well I talked to her on the phone for over an hour and she didn't ask for my address or credit card number lol just questions about my weight journey. I also googled her before that, and the company she works for. Seems legit. I'll let you all know if/when the story is published... I am supposed to get a copy so that I can verify that everything is factual.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #32

Tomorrow my sister-in-law is going to take some pictures of me... she loves taking pictures / photography and has a great camera. It should be fun! Most of my recent pictures were taken with a crummy cell phone. I'm going to send them to the journalist for the UK magazine, and of course I will share them here as well
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Tomorrow my sister-in-law is going to take some pictures of me... she loves taking pictures / photography and has a great camera. It should be fun! Most of my recent pictures were taken with a crummy cell phone. I'm going to send them to the journalist for the UK magazine, and of course I will share them here as well
This is so cool! Can't wait to hear more.

This has been a long and crabby week. In my neck of the woods we have not had a mostly sunny day for almost 3 weeks. I missed 2 workouts this week. So today I did go work out and I'm sitting here thinking I feel good. BINGO!!!!! I don't know if exercise affects my weight loss or not, but it eats up the stress that I can no longer eat away and it makes me fee better than any bag of chips ever did. If I want to be happy, I can't skip the workouts.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I'm recovered, and through phase one of a big project at work so I actually got to go to yoga today! It's been two weeks - wow do I need lots more yoga! I may need to hit some double classes to get back to a good stretch state!

Scale was up to 150 briefly, which was scary but this morning it was back down to 146 so I know that it's all water from all the salty goodness I craved while I was sick. 144 is my "home" territory so a few up or down from there and I'm good. Planning to kick the running back into gear again, I've slacked on that and miss it. Just takes me getting back started to stick with it. I have the Color Run 5k in April - any DFW ppl still planning on going to that?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I totally agree, Jesse - I have just been able to start my walks again and I feel the stress leaving little by little. If I just can't eat all the foods I used to I will trade that for the exercise for sure.
Hi Heather - You snuck in while I was AFK... Glad you're feeling better! I have to admit, when I am not exercising I am usually thiking of how you would kick my hiney if you were here. I often ask myself "What Would Heather Do?"

WWHD?!?!?!? LOL You help keep me inspired; thank you!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 02-09-2013 at 03:34 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
I bought new pants tonight for work....size 12 I have never been a size 12 in my adult life. These pants run true to size so I know they really are a 12. I was 169 this morning, eight pounds from my surgeons goal. I think I am going to go to 155 and call it but I will see, I may change my mind. I am one bmi point away from normal range. Somepeople at work are calling me tiny i never get tired of hearing it. I am tall and I love how long my legs are looking. I my sleeve so much.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 02-09-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: awlass
Stats: 385 / 375.8 / 230.2 / 150
WOE: RNY
Start Date: 10/20/11 RNY 05/15/2012
I weighed in at 249.8 today!!!!
awlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Quote:
Originally Posted by awlass View Post
you must feel wonderful
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #39

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Congrats Chrissy, Awlass and HT. Woohoo!!!! I am trying to up my protein intake. Seem to be at a stall---although I haven't weighed in, I can tell.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
I bought new pants tonight for work....size 12 I have never been a size 12 in my adult life. These pants run true to size so I know they really are a 12. I was 169 this morning, eight pounds from my surgeons goal. I think I am going to go to 155 and call it but I will see, I may change my mind. I am one bmi point away from normal range. Somepeople at work are calling me tiny i never get tired of hearing it. I am tall and I love how long my legs are looking. I my sleeve so much.
Incredible! Apparently your sleeve loves you too!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You need to update your stats! Way to go!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Updating my stats today too! Today I weigh in at - 90 pounds since surgery, and - 99 from my highest weight. Seems surreal. The funniest thing is I am still wearing my Cacique briefs from Lane Bryant (22/24). They're getting pretty high waisted. They sure have a lot of stretch in them, and super good elastic!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow - Congrats to EVERYONE!!! Jesse - I still (sometimes) wear some underwear that are like 26-28's! I stil have trouble getting my head around what I weigh and what size I am. In my defense, it is still hard to wear underwear beause of my thigh surgery, so bigger is better right now.

Regarding protein, you know, I still have at least half a protein shake almost every day. I love them (especially my mint cookie ones...) and I know I need the protein still. I recently had bloodwork done, and I was a tad under where I should be, soI will keep drinking them. I also have greek yogurt every day and love that, too. Oikos now has cafe latte, banana cream, and orange cream flavors. Chobani has introduced pear, too, which I haven't tried yet, but soon will. I just live for my Oikos Key lime!

Someone asked me the other day, "When will you eat regular food again?" I was perplexed. I eat WAY too much "regular food," but I also am careful, too! Of course, the woman who asked me, although she (I guess) meant well, also has some weight to lose... Just another instance of having to be strong and focused on what you need to do for yourself.

I walked for about 45 minutes today...which may have been a bit too much for my right thigh... Oh well, knowing I did it feels good!

Hope you're all having a great weekend. I am off to find some of that "real food!"
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Wow - Congrats to EVERYONE!!! Jesse - I still (sometimes) wear some underwear that are like 26-28's! I stil have trouble getting my head around what I weigh and what size I am. In my defense, it is still hard to wear underwear beause of my thigh surgery, so bigger is better right now.

Regarding protein, you know, I still have at least half a protein shake almost every day. I love them (especially my mint cookie ones...) and I know I need the protein still. I recently had bloodwork done, and I was a tad under where I should be, soI will keep drinking them. I also have greek yogurt every day and love that, too. Oikos now has cafe latte, banana cream, and orange cream flavors. Chobani has introduced pear, too, which I haven't tried yet, but soon will. I just live for my Oikos Key lime!

Someone asked me the other day, "When will you eat regular food again?" I was perplexed. I eat WAY too much "regular food," but I also am careful, too! Of course, the woman who asked me, although she (I guess) meant well, also has some weight to lose... Just another instance of having to be strong and focused on what you need to do for yourself.

I walked for about 45 minutes today...which may have been a bit too much for my right thigh... Oh well, knowing I did it feels good!

Hope you're all having a great weekend. I am off to find some of that "real food!"
Ok, you mentioned the flavored Greek yogurts. I saw them but they seem to have a lot of carbs/sugar. Do you have a formula you use to figure out what is acceptable?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Ok, you mentioned the flavored Greek yogurts. I saw them but they seem to have a lot of carbs/sugar. Do you have a formula you use to figure out what is acceptable?
I may be a heretic, but I don't restrict my carbs much if I feel like the food has a worthwhile nutrition. I'm always under 70, and mostly under 50 because I'm under 800 cals a day; there just isn't much room to rack up a carb total once I meet protein. My clinic wants us to have some fruit, sweet potatos and whole grain. I know not every program encourages this. There has been some discussion that the carbs in yogurt are overstated because the label uses the amount of carbs in the milk used to make the yogurt, but some people contend that the live bacteria in yogurt consumes the lactose (where milk's carbs are) thereby making the real carb count lower. Now even if you go with that, it's true that the flavored yogurts also have some sugar. Even so, I eat Chobani fruit added yogurt all the time. The last 2 weeks I was craving blueberries, so I switched to plain greek yogurt with SF flavoring and a 1/4 c of blueberries. This reduction in sugar from the Chobani yogurt did not change my weight loss rate at all. This weekend I've had 2 Chobani and lost 1 1/2 pounds. I don't attribute it to the Chobani, just noting that eating it doesn't seem to impact me negatively. There are some Dannon Greek Yogurts that have fruit, but no added sugar; 80 calories and 12 gr of protein for a 5.5 ounce serving. They're pretty good, but not as creamy delicious as the Chobani If you know that even a bit of sugar will derail you, beware, but for me the Chobani are filling, satisfying and don't create cravings.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #46

Jesse, thanks for commenting. I guess I was being hyper-vigilant. Sugar doesn't affect me too much so I don't expect the fruit yogurts will either. I just didn't think it was allowed.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jesse, thanks for commenting. I guess I was being hyper-vigilant. Sugar doesn't affect me too much so I don't expect the fruit yogurts will either. I just didn't think it was allowed.
I know it's so hard to decide sometimes what is a good choice. I guess learning what works for each of us is part of the journey. To thine own self be true.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

I agree with Jesse - I don't worry about the carbs in the yogurt because of the benefits of the food itself. Also, it is soooo good to me that it makes me feel like I'm having a much more sinful treat each day. I watch sugar carefully and carbs generally, but now that I am so close to goal I am not as super careful as I once was. However, even early on when you could not pay me to eat a cracker or a piece of toast I would still have my daily yogurt.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Yay!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

My scale hasn't moved in nearly 2 weeks but I can tell my upper-half is getting a bit smaller. I went shopping this weekend and got some great deals at some outlet stores. I love the cut and fit of my current size 12 jeans (like Chrissy, I have not been a size 12 in my entire adult life!) so much that I bought 2 pair in size 10 - always dreaming I also was able to get some size medium tops (omg, I nearly cried in public again when I tried them on and they fit). There are so many choices, and it's so liberating - and cheap - to not have to buy plus size clothes. Some of my "donation" clothes are now stuff I've bought since my surgery. Why did I wait so long for this??????

ETA; my mistake, I did lost a pound over the last 2 weeks. Not too impressive, but I'll take it!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #52

I posted the favs of the pics my sis in law took starting here:

WLS Before/After and Progress Pictures...
Old 02-11-2013, 05:54 AM   #53

Good Morning. I suffered for 2 days with being bloated and feeling totally uncomfortable. I ended up at the health food store and got some Smooth move tea and it worked!!!!! I feel so much better today. It won't be a habit but something needed to get me going. LOL I think you all know what I'm talking about.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Krissy66
Stats: I'm not overweight, I'm undertall
WOE: (VSG 11/28/12)
Start Date: June, 2008
Hi Girls
Finally dug out of the snow here in Boston. I think we had over two feet but with the drifts and snowbanks it looks like Snowmageddon here.
My girls weekend was cancelled.
The girls were too apprehensive leaving their hubbies home with the kids I think. I was really looking forward to a little masssage pampering.
I put the scale away for a couple of weeks and I have finally broke my stall.
Down to 213 (from 248 preop)...let's see how long I stay here now!
It's been a little over two months (VSG 11/28)
I feel like I am living in the 2-teens forever!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #55

Krissy---good job!!!! My brother lives in Newburyport so he's close to you and had to dig out also. Sorry about your spa weekend. Maybe you can go another time.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Krissy---good job!!!! My brother lives in Newburyport so he's close to you and had to dig out also. Sorry about your spa weekend. Maybe you can go another time.
Yep, we are killed here in the Boston area. 20 foot snow piles, drifts, now with some melting and re-freezing.

My poor greyhound, Lola looked like Bambi on the ice this morning.

I went to my brother's house a couple of weeks ago, he had some leftover Nutrisystem prepackaged crap in his house he gave me

Seemed like a decent enough idea at the time--small meals, yada yada

OMG those things are GROSS!!!!

I have no idea how people have lived on those meals. I would honestly rather eat baby food in jars than that stuff. Or at least, eat Lean Cuisines or Weight Watcher meals. At least those taste somewhat decent.
Krissy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy66 View Post
I went to my brother's house a couple of weeks ago, he had some leftover Nutrisystem prepackaged crap in his house he gave me

Seemed like a decent enough idea at the time--small meals, yada yada

OMG those things are GROSS!!!!

I have no idea how people have lived on those meals. I would honestly rather eat baby food in jars than that stuff. Or at least, eat Lean Cuisines or Weight Watcher meals. At least those taste somewhat decent.
... but some of them are so good!... I loved the pasta frijole , I'd add a couple of tablespoons of parm cheese (that is allowed, you are allowed to add a certain amount of dairy and veggies, etc a day). The chicken noodle soup is yummy. I think there was a red beans and rice one that was good too. And their breakfast items (muffins, granola bars, cereal, etc) were fun for a while after so many years low carbing. The shakes were good, too.

Then, there were ones that were truly gaggy like chicken and dumplings

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey

Last edited by Maryposa; 02-12-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
... but some of them are so good!... I loved the pasta frijole, I'd add a couple of tablespoons of parm cheese (that is allowed, you are allowed to add a certain amoun t of dairy and veggies, etc a day).
I think you got lucky with your choices. It seems like everything is in a disgusting sauce, that is underseasoned and chemical tasting. Eww.
I literally threw them away after one bite.
Krissy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy66 View Post
I think you got lucky with your choices. It seems like everything is in a disgusting sauce, that is underseasoned and chemical tasting. Eww.
I literally threw them away after one bite.
Ya, they can be awefully saucey because of the "soft canning" process which means they are shelf stable. I'd either add lots of veggies so the sauce was not wasted, or I'd dump some of the sauce.

What I did is I got the "favorites" variety pack then the ones I liked, I added a bunch to my order for the next month. I did it for 3 and a half months. That parm cheese was my hero those three months lol

Last edited by Maryposa; 02-12-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Old 02-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #60

In one month and a few days, I will be 3 years post-op VSG... let me tell you, sometimes when I eat solid, dry food, even if it is a very small amount, it feels like there is a rock in my stomach... ug... that feeling never went away for me...