Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spoiltmomof2
Stats: 230/180/138
WOE: Lap Band/LC
Seriously considering revising to the sleeve

I've had my Lap Band for a little over 2 years. It's been an up and down battle. I think I now have esophageal dilation and I have lost all of the restriction that I had. I see my surgeon tomorrow to see what he recommends at this point.

My appetite is now crazy out of control and I'm feeling like a diet failure again
If I revise what is the surgery like? Is it out patient or inpatient?

Have any of you gone from a band to a sleeve?
spoiltmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
If you go with an actual surgery, it will definitely be in-patient. Some people go home the next day, some stay longer. I had RNY bypass and was in the hospital for 2 nights/3 days. I recommend going to Obesityhelp.com and reading on this subject, there is a wealth of information there. Good luck with whatever you decide
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #3

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I was at the hospital 3 nights and went home the 4th morning. I don't know how common that is here in the US... I went to what I would consider an "upscale" hospital in Mexicali, Baja California. My surgeon had 3 different types of leak test done on me, and the last one was the third day.

I loooooove my sleeve and I could have had lap band or gastric bypass covered by my insurance and not had to pay 8750 in Mexico, but I knew the sleeve was the right option for me.

I am almost three years out and solid foods are now my friend. The other day I made a turkey italian sausage, low carb (bella vita) pasta sauce, and an ounce of mozzerella cheese and could only eat half before I was full. I don't mean "oh I am satisfied so I will stop"... I mean FULL!!!

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: moonbeam_2
Stats: 312/230/140 5'2"
WOE: just hanging on!
Start Date: 2/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltmomof2 View Post
I've had my Lap Band for a little over 2 years. It's been an up and down battle. I think I now have esophageal dilation and I have lost all of the restriction that I had. I see my surgeon tomorrow to see what he recommends at this point.

My appetite is now crazy out of control and I'm feeling like a diet failure again

I had a slip and had emergency surgery to take out my band in august 2012. I can't believe that I've gained back ALL the weight since then. I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery on the first....I'll let you know how it goes.
moonbeam_2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jfkapple
Feel the same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltmomof2 View Post

Just read your post,I had band in 2005, had ED few months back. Opened up gained 10# in one month - doctor didn't tell me he opened me up. So now we have to have fills very very slowly. Had my fill about 2 months ago & added 4#. I was always losing 10# a year and I never overate. Thinking of lap band revision to sleeve but don't know that much about it. I'm senior and now I can't hardly walk - need surgery on both knees. So my not being able to walk over the years and slow movement is why I proably couldn't lose more weight per yr.
jfkapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
There are quite a few band to sleeve revision stories on Obesityhelp or Verticalsleevetalk
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote