Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/)
-   -   Seriously considering revising to the sleeve (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/795034-seriously-considering-revising-sleeve.html)

spoiltmomof2 01-21-2013 04:52 PM

Seriously considering revising to the sleeve

I've had my Lap Band for a little over 2 years. It's been an up and down battle. I think I now have esophageal dilation and I have lost all of the restriction that I had. I see my surgeon tomorrow to see what he recommends at this point.

My appetite is now crazy out of control and I'm feeling like a diet failure again:(
If I revise what is the surgery like? Is it out patient or inpatient?

Have any of you gone from a band to a sleeve?

AllisonB 01-21-2013 05:56 PM

If you go with an actual surgery, it will definitely be in-patient. Some people go home the next day, some stay longer. I had RNY bypass and was in the hospital for 2 nights/3 days. I recommend going to Obesityhelp.com and reading on this subject, there is a wealth of information there. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Maryposa 01-22-2013 10:54 AM

I was at the hospital 3 nights and went home the 4th morning. I don't know how common that is here in the US... I went to what I would consider an "upscale" hospital in Mexicali, Baja California. My surgeon had 3 different types of leak test done on me, and the last one was the third day.

I loooooove my sleeve and I could have had lap band or gastric bypass covered by my insurance and not had to pay 8750 in Mexico, but I knew the sleeve was the right option for me.

I am almost three years out and solid foods are now my friend. The other day I made a turkey italian sausage, low carb (bella vita) pasta sauce, and an ounce of mozzerella cheese and could only eat half before I was full. I don't mean "oh I am satisfied so I will stop"... I mean FULL!!!

moonbeam_2 01-22-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiltmomof2 (Post 16210784)
I've had my Lap Band for a little over 2 years. It's been an up and down battle. I think I now have esophageal dilation and I have lost all of the restriction that I had. I see my surgeon tomorrow to see what he recommends at this point.

My appetite is now crazy out of control and I'm feeling like a diet failure again:(

I had a slip and had emergency surgery to take out my band in august 2012. I can't believe that I've gained back ALL the weight since then. I'm scheduled for sleeve surgery on the first....I'll let you know how it goes.

jfkapple 04-09-2013 09:47 AM

Feel the same way

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiltmomof2 (Post 16210784)

Just read your post,I had band in 2005, had ED few months back. Opened up gained 10# in one month - doctor didn't tell me he opened me up. So now we have to have fills very very slowly. Had my fill about 2 months ago & added 4#. I was always losing 10# a year and I never overate. Thinking of lap band revision to sleeve but don't know that much about it. I'm senior and now I can't hardly walk - need surgery on both knees. So my not being able to walk over the years and slow movement is why I proably couldn't lose more weight per yr.

Hazelsmrf 04-09-2013 11:50 AM

There are quite a few band to sleeve revision stories on Obesityhelp or Verticalsleevetalk :)