If yes, will you share?
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
No resolutions for me as I never keep them. This year it will be "goals." It's a different mind set.

I will write more later. Having the parents over for N.Y.day dinner in 30 min.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Happy New Year

I don't really have resolutions this year...maybe I do... To not read the comments at the bottom of internet "news" stories, to get my bedroom, my closet, and then my house organized, to work on paying down my debt, and to get back down to 182 asap! I was 189.2 this morning.

I have gone back and forth between the chills and sweating all day long. No fever, but I don't feel good. And, a topper? I just lost a crown - AGAIN. I can't even remember if it is the same one or a new one. It doesn't even matter right now - the thought of going to the dentist on top of this surgery has me seeing red. I'm MAD! I think I'm taking a pain pill and going back to bed! Wake me when its March.
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 191 / 174 (-17)
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gymnopedie
Stats: 276/258 (VGS)/ 146.8 /140
WOE: Atkins/VGS done 12/3/12
Happy New Year everyone!!

I don't have resolutions, per se. This year, I WILL lose weight. This year I WILL address my health issues. This year, I WILL save more money.

That said, I weighed in today. I am officially down 55 pounds. I haven't figured where the last 20 came from, though. I can't "see" it anywhere, and I haven't noticed it, but DH says he noticed.
Gymnopedie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
sub
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
I want to sit down with DH and come up with some joint goals for the year. My first personal goal is to continue working out a minimum of four times a week.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Happy New Year

I don't really have resolutions this year...maybe I do... To not read the comments at the bottom of internet "news" stories, to get my bedroom, my closet, and then my house organized, to work on paying down my debt, and to get back down to 182 asap! I was 189.2 this morning.

I have gone back and forth between the chills and sweating all day long. No fever, but I don't feel good. And, a topper? I just lost a crown - AGAIN. I can't even remember if it is the same one or a new one. It doesn't even matter right now - the thought of going to the dentist on top of this surgery has me seeing red. I'm MAD! I think I'm taking a pain pill and going back to bed! Wake me when its March.
Hope you wake up feeling better.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnopedie View Post
Happy New Year everyone!!

I don't have resolutions, per se. This year, I WILL lose weight. This year I WILL address my health issues. This year, I WILL save more money.

That said, I weighed in today. I am officially down 55 pounds. I haven't figured where the last 20 came from, though. I can't "see" it anywhere, and I haven't noticed it, but DH says he noticed.
Wow, you are doing fantastic. I don't weigh in till tomorrow and don't expect a lot. I've been having a hard time getting all my protein in.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #9

Heather---hate to ask again but I need this clarified. I hate the chewable calcium citrate. Bleck!!! Mine are cinnamon and they want me to take 3x a day. I just can't do it. What can I take instead? TIA
Old 01-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wow, you are doing fantastic. I don't weigh in till tomorrow and don't expect a lot. I've been having a hard time getting all my protein in.

Thanks. It's TOM now, so I feel bloated and icky. I'm noticing my TOM is different than it was before surgery, too. I honestly didn't expect to lose anything, because I can't see it and don't feel it.

For protein, I do a protein coffee, and then I set a timer to eat every 2-3 hours. String cheese and jerky... chili.... I've hit at least 80 each day, and I'm supposed to shoot for 60-90 on my plan.

You can do it!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Happy New Year ladies!

Goals:

-Get to goal (160) Get back into the 70's by my birthday 2/25
-Quit drinking pop why did I pick this habit up again? Direct correlation between that and my weight gain.
-Weigh daily
-Get back on track with school (with my mom being sick, things have not gone very well lately)
-Get moved to new (cheaper) place so I can get finances in order.
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Chewie - I take chewable calcium by opurity available on the unjury website... It tastes a lot like an orange (or lemon) sweet tart candy. I LOVE them so much I usually have to take out 3 or 4 and then put the bottle away...or I'd eat a lot more. They are a bit gritty, I guess, but I still really like them.

Thanks, I do feel better now - after a long day of dentist, grocery store, and then a whopping headache. I am officially off my pain meds - I think they were causing me issues. My recovery seems to be going pretty well. Tomorrow I go to get bloodwork done and then Friday I go to see the plastic surgeon.

Hope the new year is treating everyone well. More later - still trying to rest up after a too-long day for me.
Hot Tamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

NSV

I was brushing the snow off my car with my back to my neighbor who was shoveling his driveway. I heard him say Hey there college girl! When I turned around he said oh, I saw the ponytail and I thought it was (my daughter's name). I thanked him profusely and told him he had made my day! I shared with my husband, but not my daughter ~ even though she's very proud of my weight loss, I'm not sure she would consider it a compliment that someone mistook her 51 year old mother for her
Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Savannah
Stats: 307.8/205/175
WOE: VSG 2/27/12 & low carb
Start Date: everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I was brushing the snow off my car with my back to my neighbor who was shoveling his driveway. I heard him say Hey there college girl! When I turned around he said oh, I saw the ponytail and I thought it was (my daughter's name). I thanked him profusely and told him he had made my day! I shared with my husband, but not my daughter ~ even though she's very proud of my weight loss, I'm not sure she would consider it a compliment that someone mistook her 51 year old mother for her
Oh how funny this is GREAT STUFF
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #15

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/155 169.4 VFT!
WOE: Weight loss surgery (VSG) + Low Carb + Exercise
Start Date: 1998; Restart May 2007 @355; WLS March 2010
I love hearing all the positivity here! You are all awesome!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #16

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Heather---hate to ask again but I need this clarified. I hate the chewable calcium citrate. Bleck!!! Mine are cinnamon and they want me to take 3x a day. I just can't do it. What can I take instead? TIA
Citrical petites. I switched to those as soon as I finished all my chewables. Bleck. They are small enough to be able to swallow.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #17

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I'm working on setting my intentions for the year.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #18

My goal this year is to finally get to my "weight chart healthy range" weight of 155. Now that all my excess skin is gone there's no excuse why I can't get there. Plus I think it would be pretty cool to say I've lost 200 pounds!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #19

Quote:
That is so cool. Congrats.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
I love hearing all the positivity here! You are all awesome!
I agree.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Quote:
That's awesome!

I had a very elderly bagger at Publix tell me last week that if I lost anymore weight I was gonna blow away. I laughed and told him I had been on the 1st trimester nausea diet. I'm still negative 10 lbs since finding out I'm preggo, 15 wks along yesterday.
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Hey all... question.

I woke up this morning with a headache of epic size. I only get these a couple times a year, and I've historically taken excedrin migraine; my doc said it wasn't worth a prescription when I don't get them very often. It works, after a fashion.

Now, my surgeon and nut didn't tell me I couldn't take any OTC meds, and they didn't tell me I had to take anything specific. I've heard that folks who have had bypass can't take this, but I've not heard anything about sleevers....

So, sleevers, can I take this?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #23

Quote:
Hey all... question.

I woke up this morning with a headache of epic size. I only get these a couple times a year, and I've historically taken excedrin migraine; my doc said it wasn't worth a prescription when I don't get them very often. It works, after a fashion.

Now, my surgeon and nut didn't tell me I couldn't take any OTC meds, and they didn't tell me I had to take anything specific. I've heard that folks who have had bypass can't take this, but I've not heard anything about sleevers....

So, sleevers, can I take this?
My surgeon said only tylenol. I've researched it though and found many people(like myself) who find that tylenol doesn't work for them, take an extra antacid with other otc meds. I haven't done it but I will in the future. Tylenol never worked for me. Alleve is my otc med choice.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

I DID put a call in to the nurse line to ask, but I haven't heard back yet.

I still take prilosec twice a day, per my doc's orders, and since I was starting to see two of everything, I did take one.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I DID put a call in to the nurse line to ask, but I haven't heard back yet.

I still take prilosec twice a day, per my doc's orders, and since I was starting to see two of everything, I did take one.
Hope you are feeling better and a nurse got back to you. Do you have any of your prescribed painkillers leftover from surgery. One time when I had a migraine I used that because I knew it was compatible with my surgery,
Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Another goal/resolution: I will try one new recipe a week. There are so many great web sites with surgery friendly recipes that I get overwhelmed trying to decide what to make. I figure if I tell myself just one recipe a week, I'll find some that will become regulars. This weekend I made the pumpkin protein muffins from Dashing Dish. Over the years of trying to lowcarb I have tried many many breadlike recipes that were terrible. These were terrific. I had to hide a few from my family because they gobbled them all up.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #27

for those curious about all my reconstructive surgeries / excess skin removal
Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Checking in...eating like garbage still but still losing. Down to 180 and only 30 pounds from goal.

I pulled some clothes from my last bin of "when i lose weight clothes" and they fit. It still shocks me how small my clothes are. Over the holidays we were traveling and I pulled a pair of jeans out of my suitcase and thought crap I brought my daughter's jeans. They were mine! I fit into those small pants.

Someone at work told me yesterday I am getting too skinny....I love it.

I see everyone is doing well. Chewie how are you doing? I saw where you said you had some buyers remorse?? It is so worth it! Hang in there.

I read everyday just don't always post. I went back to fake nails after 12 years and typing is a pain.

One of my resolutions is to start hitting the gym!
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Thanks for the new video, Maryposa, I really like being able to follow your progress!

WTG, Chrissy!
AllisonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissykin View Post
Checking in...eating like garbage still but still losing. Down to 180 and only 30 pounds from goal.

I pulled some clothes from my last bin of "when i lose weight clothes" and they fit. It still shocks me how small my clothes are. Over the holidays we were traveling and I pulled a pair of jeans out of my suitcase and thought crap I brought my daughter's jeans. They were mine! I fit into those small pants.

Someone at work told me yesterday I am getting too skinny....I love it.

I see everyone is doing well. Chewie how are you doing? I saw where you said you had some buyers remorse?? It is so worth it! Hang in there.
I'm having a rough week for some reason. Thanks for asking. I read everyday just don't always post. I went back to fake nails after 12 years and typing is a pain.

One of my resolutions is to start hitting the gym!
Good idea.